Send a message via MSN to ~Destiny~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karidzka View Post
Just showing my latest work

Spoiler for space:
more at my blog

http://vixion.wordpress.com/2010/06/03/ix-gundam/

thank you
I think it looks amazing. Except imo the Satellite Cannon 'effect' stickers seems out of place
Old 2010-06-04, 10:43   Link #17723
CrimsonBlitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by gummybear View Post
at least it isn't another god forsaken RX78 :P
They just released the MG full armor...so they still got one RX-78 out there. or another effin Zaku....Can we get a Alex 2.0 or something?
CrimsonBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-04, 14:44   Link #17724
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
http://pikachiu.txt-nifty.com/wotaku...post-379b.html

Some pics of the RG Gundam here.
Old 2010-06-05, 20:47   Link #17725
Winchester

Long, long time, no post (at least here...)

Friend of mine went to Japan on vacation, and bought me an HG 1/144 00 Raiser+GN Sword III (and a same scale Akatsuki Shiranui, but that's beside the point), so I figured I'd sit down and clean up my Exia (also HG 1/144) while I'm waiting for his return...

Having a spot of trouble, though - since I was going to paint the whole thing, I never used any of the stickers, and now they've gone missing. OK, I can do without, I've got appropriately colored paints for nearly all of it. Less fun is that I'm missing the GN Long Blade, which I've now looked everywhere for. Really really irritating.

I checked at Dalong, and it seems that the Exia Repair II comes with a full set of parts for the original Exia, including the sword I'm missing. Getting one of those would work, the problem is I don't really like the R2 version and I'd rather spend that money on some other kit, like the Reborns Gundam or something. So, I figured I'd ask - does anyone have both the original and Repair 2 Exia, and would such a person be willing to part with the "spare" GN Long Blade?

Secondly, I remember seeing around the time I got the Exia that there was a waterslide transfer set for the S1 gundams in 1/144 (Celestial Being markings, warning signs, etc - the kind of stuff you see in the MG kits). I can't find it on HLJ anymore though, so I'm starting to wonder... did such a set really exist in that scale, or was it a 1/100 only item? and does anyone know where it can be gotten today? Decals really add to the look of the finished items... Similarly, are waterslide transfers available for the 1/144 OO Raiser? Where?

Thirdly, are there any scanslations available for the booklets you get from the kits? I've looked at the Gundam Wiki, which seems to be the most informative site around, but I'm guessing from the look of the booklet scans I've seen that all the info hasn't been entered.

Finally, does anyone else find it irritating as heck that they use photos of the 1/100 kits to illustrate the instruction booklets for the 1/144 kits? I discovered after painting the intakes of my Exia white (in preparation for making the intake edges yellow) that only the 1/100 version was colored that way - the MG goes back to just the splitter plate being yellow...

Also, two tips for those who paint their gundams:

Best way to strip off Humbrol (or other enamel) paints: oven cleaner. Spray the bits, leave them for half an hour, clean the loosened paint off with a toothbrush and rinse well. Won't eat the plastic or cloud clear parts. The stronger alternative is break fluid (for cars), IIRC that will take acrylics as well. Be careful with that stuff though, I haven't used it myself.

Best clearcoat on the market: SC Johnson's liquid floor waxes, US name is "Future". Amazing self-leveling acrylic gloss clear coat, goes on really smooth even with a brush. Use ammonia-based window cleaner to thin if needed, or to wash it off completely. Best of all, you get half a liter in a bottle for about twice the price of a tiny Tamiya bottle, and it will last forever (unless you do what I did, and spill it...) Also, it works pretty well with flattening agents like Tamiya's Flat Base.

Cheers!

SP
Winchester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-06, 01:45   Link #17726
bicun

how to mount astraea f GN Pistol to Dynames Leg??
i'm sorry if my english very bad
bicun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-06, 01:47   Link #17727
JC...
I am a Pie

There's gonna be a free shipping sale for paypal at HLJ next week! I got an email early because I don't use paypal (yet) lol.
JC... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-06, 01:54   Link #17728
JC...
I am a Pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winchester View Post
Long, long time, no post (at least here...)

Having a spot of trouble, though - since I was going to paint the whole thing, I never used any of the stickers, and now they've gone missing. OK, I can do without, I've got appropriately colored paints for nearly all of it. Less fun is that I'm missing the GN Long Blade, which I've now looked everywhere for. Really really irritating.
You lost the best bit of the Exia, lol! Well it's your lucky day, I have a solution for you, since you like painting, buy the Astrea type F, it comes with all of the exia parts, so you can build the astrea and all of its weapons, and there will be the exia parts still on the sprues (at least the longblade is) so, you get a new model (although it's close to the Exia), loads of accesories, and the Exia parts you wanted. Though painting is required, (the blade is brown, the shield is red).
Old 2010-06-06, 03:06   Link #17729
amurorei83

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC... View Post
There's gonna be a free shipping sale for paypal at HLJ next week! I got an email early because I don't use paypal (yet) lol.
You will need to be wary tho, because even with the free shipping, other websites could still be cheaper. The kits that would benefit from this deal would be SD kits and Large 1/100s or 1/60s
amurorei83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-06, 03:08   Link #17730
JC...
I am a Pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amurorei83 View Post
You will need to be wary tho, because even with the free shipping, other websites could still be cheaper. The kits that would benefit from this deal would be SD kits and Large 1/100s or 1/60s
Hmm, yeah, I do like hobby search. oh yeah it's free 'express' shipping apparently, so maybe that would make it mre worth it.
Old 2010-06-06, 04:54   Link #17731
Winchester

Quote:
You lost the best bit of the Exia, lol! Well it's your lucky day, I have a solution for you, since you like painting, buy the Astrea type F, it comes with all of the exia parts, so you can build the astrea and all of its weapons, and there will be the exia parts still on the sprues (at least the longblade is) so, you get a new model (although it's close to the Exia), loads of accesories, and the Exia parts you wanted. Though painting is required, (the blade is brown, the shield is red).
I think you're talking about the wrong sword here - the one I've lost is the one that goes on the left hip, not the folding one that goes on the arm...

Thanks for the tip on the Astrea F - I'll hold off on that one though, I think someone mentioned an original color Astrea being in the works, and that would at least have the parts in a manageable color. Red and black are a pain in the butt to paint over, especially when you want white as the end result. (not that blue is much better...) Also, I still need to pick up some "villain" suits before I get another hero, even an anti-hero. :-)

Still looking for info on the waterslide transfer set for the Celestial Being suits - anyone know anything about those, or a set for the OO Gundam + O Raiser?

Cheers,

SP
Old 2010-06-06, 06:07   Link #17732
BioRanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by amurorei83 View Post
It depends on where you live. EMS shipping to Poland for HG 1/144 is usually the same amount of money as the model itself.

Will this free-shipping-for-paypal-users be available for everything, or only for select products like the last time?
BioRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-06, 06:39   Link #17733
JC...
I am a Pie

Quote:
I think you're talking about the wrong sword here - the one I've lost is the one that goes on the left hip, not the folding one that goes on the arm...

SP
Oh yeah, sorry I'm really stupid xD I though the GN sword was what you were talking about sorry, I forgot... I guess it's because I'm not that into 00 now, UC series' are where it's at!

I don't think the email specified what products, I'll look again but it will probably say on their website.
Old 2010-06-06, 07:13   Link #17734
RAVNEN

Send a message via Yahoo to RAVNEN
Quote:
Originally Posted by bicun View Post
how to mount astraea f GN Pistol to Dynames Leg??
i'm sorry if my english very bad
Unfortunely you can't mount Astraea F GN Pistols container on Dynames leg. But at least Dynames can hold the GN Pistols on its hand.
Old 2010-06-06, 10:32   Link #17735
BioRanger

Quote:
I don't think the email specified what products, I'll look again but it will probably say on their website.
If the deal is available for all products, I'll propably get the 00 Seven Sword/G.
BioRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-06, 11:45   Link #17736
Winchester

I absolutely loath white paint...

I decided that since I was painting the shield on the Exia, I might as well paint the rest of the white pieces too - should be easy, right, they're already white so I won't need to paint them over and over to make sure the plastic color doesn't shine through like on the shield.

Except that the damned paint didn't come out white, it came out *cream*. AAAAARGH.

Thankfully, I know how to painlessly strip this brand of paint off so I can start over, but I'm still pretty angry. Does anyone know a brand of enamel paint where the white stays white? Acrylics and I don't mix well, since I brush paint (acrylics tend to go wax on, wax off when you brush paint them), and the only brand of white spray I really trust comes out too grainy (Citadel Skull White).

Also, still looking for the CB decals in 1/144, especially for OO Raiser and the S1 suits. (edit: NVM, the official set is available at www.1999.co.jp, though the third party ones from Samueldecal.com were much nicer, if also a lot pricier)

Cheers,

SP

Last edited by Winchester; 2010-06-06 at 12:18.
Old 2010-06-06, 13:17   Link #17737
JC...
I am a Pie

I'll be away for a while, I'm clearing up my internet so I'll spend less time surfing on 'unnecessary' sites for a while, I'll be back though, 4 weeks maybe. So cya guys.
Old 2010-06-06, 19:39   Link #17738
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
I absolutely loath white paint...

I decided that since I was painting the shield on the Exia, I might as well paint the rest of the white pieces too - should be easy, right, they're already white so I won't need to paint them over and over to make sure the plastic color doesn't shine through like on the shield.

Except that the damned paint didn't come out white, it came out *cream*. AAAAARGH.

Thankfully, I know how to painlessly strip this brand of paint off so I can start over, but I'm still pretty angry. Does anyone know a brand of enamel paint where the white stays white? Acrylics and I don't mix well, since I brush paint (acrylics tend to go wax on, wax off when you brush paint them), and the only brand of white spray I really trust comes out too grainy (Citadel Skull White).

Also, still looking for the CB decals in 1/144, especially for OO Raiser and the S1 suits. (edit: NVM, the official set is available at www.1999.co.jp, though the third party ones from Samueldecal.com were much nicer, if also a lot pricier)

Cheers,

SP
i use enamels alot. i havent found one thats pure white but 34 matt white humbrol is rather close. it doesnt stick that well if its not properly mixed but it goes on well once theres a dry first coat. it works well if the peices are primed. H 22 white gloss doesnt really come out white, it does have some yellow tint to it. those are the only 2 white paints from humbrol ive used so far, had no need for satin/gloss white. if you ever do go with humbrol, dont buy matt varnish H49, its absolutely useless in its finish. it goes yellow and is more satin. its only useful in dealing with loose polycaps if you want to avoid using glue. the matt cote in a glass jar works better.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-06, 20:09   Link #17739
bio9205
Reborn

I have a spare Long Sword from the R2 that I don't want... It's not painted, just matted and freshly cut from the runners. But the only way I can give it to you is if you get it from me. I live in Singapore. I'm 16, and I don't paint and stuff because I can't afford it. So I won't be able to ship it to you or anything. Just if.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-06, 22:33   Link #17740
Dynamite

Quote:
White
Unfortunately, this is a problem with all white paints I've tried.
Even though I can't say its the problem with all white paints in general, I have tried a TON of paints, of every base and tons of brands.

I've found two solutions.
1) TONS of coats. Even when painting on a light beige plastic, I've had to use two or three HEAVY coats of white before it shows (2 for enamel 3 for acrylic...sprays is WAY more). And as you're hand painting, the outcome is going to look kinda bad as the brushstrokes are layered onto each other.
2) Use primer. Primer sticks to everything. With primer, one layer should work. But primer is expensive and kinda high-maintenance after sprayed on. But the outcome is better.

Its a general rule that light colors won't show up well on darker-colored surfaces. This is going to happen a lot unless you want to shill out more cash/time/work for primer.
Dynamite is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy