AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-12-07, 05:05   Link #1441
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Man, and I thought that Mikoto and Reishi would kiss and stop the clan war...

But anyways, I guess the next episode would be the beginning of the end!
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-07, 05:11   Link #1442
kusuriuri

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
I mean both the tweet and the article.
Ah, the tweet was from when episode 6 aired, so I'm sure if you scroll down to whatever date that was you'll be able to find it (if you're interested enough, haha)

Basically it said that (in the context of their relationship) Izumo and Seri are both the right-hands of their kings, so they tend to understand each other. During peaceful times, they probably grumble to each other about their kings.

GoRA member Green said that they like those kinds of relationships.

Also, the Japanese wikipedia says that they have a reluctant congenial relationship.
kusuriuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-07, 05:50   Link #1443
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

they sure know how to drag on an episode.....

whats happens:

-School gets taken over
-students gets detain
-Characters talk to each other for the rest of the episode(not much plot either except for the kings talk)
Old 2012-12-07, 06:53   Link #1444
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusuriuri View Post
Basically it said that (in the context of their relationship) Izumo and Seri are both the right-hands of their kings, so they tend to understand each other. During peaceful times, they probably grumble to each other about their kings.
I don't see how this amounts to "stop people, there's no hope for anything between them!" (Seri's chara song is pretty obvious, though.)

FWIW I'm more interested in the article. No offense but I'm pretty wary whenever someone says something to the effect of "ship A/B is confirmed to be totally canon" when it's not shown to be canon in, well, the actual canon.

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2012-12-07 at 07:03. Reason: I can't English today......
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-07, 06:59   Link #1445
hai_san

Boring 10 ep, nothing happened basically a filler ep for the next.
hai_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-07, 07:17   Link #1446
kusuriuri

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
I don't see how this amounts to "stop people, there's no hope for anything between them!" (Seri's chara song is pretty obvious, though.)

FWIW I'm more interested in the article. No offense but I'm pretty vary whenever someone says something to the effect of "ship A/B is totally canon" when it's not shown to be canon in, well, the actual canon.
I agree completely.

Perhaps I worded it strangely? Personally, I believe non-shippers are able to look at canon the most objectively. Canon says that Izumo is old friends with Mikoto, and has a companionship in private with Seri. It also says that Seri admires Reisi a lot, and that anko tower she made for him was with 'much love and affection'. (Again, that's from GoRA's twitter)

But for some reason, Tsuda Kenjirou-san (Mikoto's voice actor) implied that Mikoto x Izumo is canon, and this sent Japanese fans into a frenzy. Hence why the two of them are known as Homra's official married couple in the Japanese fandom.

This is fanservice, obviously, the same way that Mikoto x Reisi and Saru x Misaki is fanservice.

And it's interesting that you mentioned Seri's chara song, actually, because it's kinda funny how rabid that shippers can get about something they don't like. I mean, yeah, it's obvious she's talking about Reisi, (I mean, the word BLUE is in the frickin title), but who ever said it had to be romantic? And yet people who ship her with Izumo were insisting that she was talking about Izumo...

I don't see why people can't just take canon for how it is, you know? Sigh.

Last edited by kusuriuri; 2012-12-07 at 07:29.
Old 2012-12-07, 07:29   Link #1447
mistress_kisara

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusuriuri View Post
I agree completely.

Perhaps I worded it strangely? Personally, I believe non-shippers are able to look at canon the most objectively. Canon says that Izumo is old friends with Mikoto, and has a companionship in private with Seri. It also says that Seri admires Reisi a lot, and that anko tower she made for him was with 'much love and affection'. (Again, that's from GoRA's twitter)

But for some reason, Tsuda Kenjirou-san (Mikoto's voice actor) implied that Mikoto x Izumo is canon, and this sent Japanese fans into a frenzy. Hence why the two of them are known as Homra's official married couple in the Japanese fandom.

This is fanservice, obviously, the same way that Mikoto x Reisi and Saru x Misaki is fanservice.

And it's interesting that you mentioned Seri's chara song, actually, because it's kinda funny how rabid that shippers can get about something they don't like. I mean, yeah, it's obvious she's talking about Reisi, (I mean, the word BLUE is in the frickin title), but who ever said it had to be romantic? And yet people who ship her with Izumo were insisting that she was talking about Izumo...

I don't see why people can't just take canon for how it is. Sigh.
I think this happened in Sengoku Basara as well the voice actors of Date Masamune and Yukimura Sanada were practically canon
mistress_kisara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-07, 07:36   Link #1448
kusuriuri

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistress_kisara View Post
I think this happened in Sengoku Basara as well the voice actors of Date Masamune and Yukimura Sanada were practically canon
HAHA really?! Well, Japanese fans love their fanservice.
Old 2012-12-07, 08:07   Link #1449
Bern-san

To be honest, it doesn't matter if it's confirmed as canon or not. People who ship a certain pairing will continue to ship even if it's proved otherwise

A fanart with Munakata x Seiri. BTW I loled when Munkata said that he liked Seiri's humiliated face
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2012-12-07, 08:20   Link #1450
kusuriuri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern-san View Post
To be honest, it doesn't matter if it's confirmed as canon or not. People who ship a certain pairing will continue to ship even if it's proved :

A fanart with Munakata x Seiri. BTW I loled when Munkata said that he liked Seiri's humiliated face
[images][IMG]
GAH YOU'RE SO RIGHT. I don't know how to express with words how much I loathe shippers...
Old 2012-12-07, 08:38   Link #1451
Kakkou
Tch.

Shippers don't even need to look hard when a show has such shameless official merchandise anyway:

A cushion of Yata on the front and Fushimi in posession of said cushion on the reverse side.

Yes. this is official merchandise. This is more shameless than the Kurobas or Kirito bedsheets.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-07, 09:55   Link #1452
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
Yes. this is official merchandise. This is more shameless than the Kurobas or Kirito bedsheets.
Hell, just look at the way shots are framed inside the episodes themselves; I don't ship anything in this show but you'd have to be blind to see how the show is quite happily giving everyone material for their ships.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-07, 11:15   Link #1453
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Forget Mikoto x Izumo....I think his relationship with Anna is all the more sweeter.

Not sure if anyone else felt the same but this ep was quite tragic for me.

So we have very strong hint right now that the body snatcher is the Colorless King and possession is the latest manifestation of the Colorless power?

Welp I wonder how the Green and Black are going to factor in to that massive Damocles Sword. It seems to be Shiro/ Silver King's Sword too...
Old 2012-12-07, 12:01   Link #1454
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

I haven't gotten round to watching this yet and I do want to cause of what I saw in the PV but being short on time to watch anime on the whole, just wondering if this lives up to what I saw in the PVs and that is if it's simply awesome with the action?
Old 2012-12-07, 12:19   Link #1455
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
I haven't gotten round to watching this yet and I do want to cause of what I saw in the PV but being short on time to watch anime on the whole, just wondering if this lives up to what I saw in the PVs and that is if it's simply awesome with the action?
No....it's a mystery and character-interaction driven thing. Not action focused
Old 2012-12-07, 13:33   Link #1456
ookamigirl

So the red king is out.
School is no longer a save place for Shiro.
Those red guys sure are persistent.
He lost him home too..
Nothing much happened in this episode.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-07, 16:03   Link #1457
Tworble

Well, I thought Homra attacking the school was rather exciting. Munakata and Mikoto talking and the Fushimi flashback were exactly what I needed to see to understand further the bonds between the characters although I wish I could learn more. I was expecting some fight scenes with that preview though; it kind of felt like false advertising.
Tworble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-07, 16:58   Link #1458
Defade
寂しがりのひねくれ者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Forget Mikoto x Izumo....I think his relationship with Anna is all the more sweeter.

Not sure if anyone else felt the same but this ep was quite tragic for me.

So we have very strong hint right now that the body snatcher is the Colorless King and possession is the latest manifestation of the Colorless power?

Welp I wonder how the Green and Black are going to factor in to that massive Damocles Sword. It seems to be Shiro/ Silver King's Sword too...
Ah yeah, this episode had some pretty tearjerking moments for me. I was quite moved when Reisi said he was just 'here to see a friend', and Mikoto looked surprised for a moment. And the trio's interaction in the end...you really see how far their relationship has evolved since the beginning, and Neko saying goodbye to their home is just ;_;

The Silver King is the King of Origins, so it's possible that he can somehow use all the other kings' powers...he isn't the First King for nothing.
Defade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-07, 18:01   Link #1459
mayumi

I wonder if one king can take over other king's position. Like say Reisi, I find him to be a likeable enough guy who likes to get to the bottom of things in a good fashion. I feel if the Gold King ever stopped being king Munakata would make a great Gold King to rule aover the land or whatever Gold King's position is.
mayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-07, 18:38   Link #1460
mistress_kisara

It's not looking good for Mikoto and Shiro I feel like they're going to die at the end
mistress_kisara is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, bishonen, fantasy, gang, supernatural