AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-01-19, 15:17   Link #1121
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
There's no choice, IMO giving a small boost of development for Raku means big development to the story.. which means that it'll move further than our usual comedy antics. Not that I don't want it, but I think the mangaka just wanted to play around with this setting for these past few chapters. Let's just see how it'll develop later on.

The good thing is that the girls seems to be developing though
I Know that, but it doesn't make me less annoyed with Raku's idiotic densenees.
Now that the real lovestory has officially started with the end from chapter 49, will we get 50 chapters or more with Raku being an idiot who doesn't even get the simplest things?

SoloPanda's post summed this chapter very good. Heck, this summary desribes this whole manga.
Dauerlutscher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-19, 15:38   Link #1122
Johnny
Working the bags...

Would have been a better chapter if it was just Ruri and Shuu in it. Plus it's just wasted wisdom on someone whose a bigger dumbass than Ichika from I.S. I can only take Raku's denseness so far and it quit being funny about 30 chapters ago. Now he's just pathetic and the girls are the only thing worth reading anymore...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-19, 18:14   Link #1123
Diveman

Even Shuu would make a better main char.
Diveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-19, 20:48   Link #1124
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

If Nisekoi had a perceptive MC then we'd have a pairing by chapter 3 and the end by chapter 5.

If being dense wasn't his weak point then he'd have some other problematic feature that'd prevent him from easily getting with the girls.

C'mon guys, you know how these series work. Don't suddenly complain about rain being wet.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-19, 21:15   Link #1125
Johnny
Working the bags...

Nobody said he had to be an Einstein, but the dumber than dirt role has gotten stale. Plus who said it would end in five chapters if he had a properly working brain? Anyways he's moot since the girls are the real hit of the manga...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-19, 23:38   Link #1126
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

I'm just annoyed because this chapter was just stretching it to the absolute maximum with his denseness. IT's not even funny anymore.
I mean, come one guys, no one can be this brain dead to not get what someone is saying. Except if Raku, deep down insinde him, just doesn't really want to hear that she likes him. Who knows why.
Dauerlutscher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-20, 00:20   Link #1127
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

TBH I think this chapter was there to illustrate the fact that Raku doesnt really look at Onodera. If you notice when he's with Chitoge he can generaly tell if something's wrong... even if he does confuse it with her being hungry. but when he's with Onodera he's focused inward so much he doesn't really see when she's troubled or upset. So I think the issue is going to come down to him loving the Idea of Onodera and ending up with Chitoge. Well all of this could be completely wrong, I'm just here for the Shuu Ruri ending...
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-20, 00:35   Link #1128
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

yay! finally we're back to Chitoge again....

good chapter for me though... satisfied...
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-20, 02:36   Link #1129
Soverence

I feel like until one of them just comes out and says they like him, he will not figure it out on his own at all. Not that I am complaining but anyone thinking anything else I think will be disappointed.

Kind of glad to see the side characters getting some screen time in this most recent chapter even though this chapter kind of said they won't be playing any major role from this point on at the same time.
Soverence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-20, 05:20   Link #1130
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Yeah, I'm pretty much done with the dense protagonist trope. I swear they should be wearing helmets and taking the special bus. No one can possibly be that stupid.

It's why I've decided to enjoy the series just for the faces and the comedy and say screw the romantic part of it, as it's actually its weakest part anyway. I don't really care who he ends up with as it's going to be predictable and lame anyway.
Old 2013-01-20, 14:28   Link #1131
ImperialFlameGod8190

heh that was an annoying chapter I gotta say
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-20, 19:20   Link #1132
Aesthetic Shampoo

People annoyed at the dense mc's, but what will happen even if they do suspect their feelings are reciprocated?
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-20, 22:04   Link #1133
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssTEss View Post
People annoyed at the dense mc's, but what will happen even if they do suspect their feelings are reciprocated?
I mean people know my stance but the fact is when ruri mentioned onodera had someone she liked he freaked out trying to know who it is whether its indeed him or if its somebody else. While I agree that chitoge is the one who gets the most as far as fanfare i'd be much more interested if not for the blackmail holding things in flux
Old 2013-01-20, 22:40   Link #1134
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

It seems readers forget that they see the situation from the outside, just like ruri. Not that I say Raku is not dense(he is), but there's a lot of things the reader know that Raku is not privileged to have a knowledge of. Even something simple like Onodera blushing might not be as apparent to Raku(how many times has you manage to notice a girl blushing in front of you in real life? Even if she has a crush on you?). He might not be as bad as you all think.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-20, 22:50   Link #1135
ImperialFlameGod8190

yea kuroi is right 100% we know all kinds of stuff that would make his head spin if he knew plus lets face it we always forget the boring line between dense characters and the good ones. To use To-Love Ru for an example since its closest to Nisekoi in situation what would happen if Rito knew that Haruka liked him too especially if he learned it early in the series

or if the guy was like akatsuki from hagure yuusha this would probably have become a very amusing hentai
Old 2013-01-23, 08:39   Link #1136
Kiltias

Self explainantory:
Spoiler for Popularity Poll:
Kiltias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-23, 08:57   Link #1137
Westlo
Lets be reality

Don't forget the color page...

http://imgbox.com/acgUL5tp

Also lol @ 1 person giving 1500 votes (@ 50 yen for each one) to Marika, and hilariously it didn't even change her position.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-23, 09:00   Link #1138
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This confirms Raku is not a very popular MC and that people are reading this for the girls.

And what's up with the thread tags?
Old 2013-01-23, 09:02   Link #1139
Kiltias

Well, I'd be lying if I'd say Raku isn't tremendously facepalm worthy at times.
Kiltias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-23, 09:16   Link #1140
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Holy crap! Onodera won the poll?! That's surprising, really. I mean, Chitoge was extremely obnoxious, so I wasn't a huge fan of hers, but I didn't think Onodera's shyness and otherwise non-existent personality would garner many fans.

Tags
harem, non-harem, romantic comedy, school life, shounen, slice of life