AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-06-26, 13:23   Link #3201
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Assassins take risks. See the fight between Silva and Xenon against Chrollo.
But Chrollo isn't that much stronger than them. Xeno at the very least is pretty much at the same level. And also, there were two against one.

A hunter needs to learn to take bigger risks than this.

Anyway, why don't we stop with this argument now and wait to see what happens. The next few episodes will surely make everything clear.
Old 2013-06-26, 14:15   Link #3202
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
But Chrollo isn't that much stronger than them. Xeno at the very least is pretty much at the same level. And also, there were two against one.
Remember the bit where Xenon had Silva attack both of them? That sounded pretty risky.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-26, 14:35   Link #3203
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Remember the bit where Xenon had Silva attack both of them? That sounded pretty risky.
Let's just wait and see.
Old 2013-06-26, 14:37   Link #3204
Student no.0
Part-time Warrior

Location: First star to the left, you should go there sometime.
As much as I'd hate to go on about power levels, does Silva<Zeno or Zeno<Silva?
Student no.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-26, 16:10   Link #3205
HybridBloodsZak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mare Boy View Post
As much as I'd hate to go on about power levels
Why did power level talk come up in the first place? Morel just brought up you can't SOLELY judge someone's strength by the amount of aura someone has. Nen plays a role no doubt but there are so many other factors to take into consideration when Nen users collide which is why Morel's and Kite's stance are both that it boils down to one's resolve. Someone could be smarter than the opponent or one person could get the jump on another like how Pitou blitzed Kite putting him at a severe disadvantage. The arc keeps hammering that point.

The Ants on the surface have all the advantages

1: More resilient bodies
2: Can adapt fairly quickly
3: The uniform nature of insects fused with the dark side of humans

Can't really say anything more except the human race puts up quite a fight. Why is that? By all accounts it looks like the Ants should rule the Earth right?

Last edited by HybridBloodsZak; 2013-06-26 at 18:32.
HybridBloodsZak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-26, 23:33   Link #3206
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
I guess in that case it was alright because they weren't risking the job. Think the key for Assassins is not taking on a fight they can't be sure to win. Since if you don't win you die and if you die normally that means you failed your job. A very respectable profession really. If you can't get the job done, no point risking your life .
Old 2013-06-27, 02:52   Link #3207
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

zeno was willing to die to complete his work against chrollo, he even ackowledged chrollo's superiority against himself, so they are clearly willing to die if it does allows them to complete the assasination.
Old 2013-06-27, 06:08   Link #3208
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Zeno also admitted that in a one-on-one fight against Chrollo, he honestly believed he would win. (after gauging his abilities)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
They didn't consider the possibility he did meet an impossibly strong enemy he could only run away from and instead assumed he panicked and let himself get overwhelmed.
You are misinterpreting Morel's words. The thing he called Killua out on wasn't that he ran away, it's that he saw no option other than to run away. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think he called him a coward, just a novice. Which he is.

Last edited by Dengar; 2013-06-27 at 06:21.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-27, 09:38   Link #3209
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
You are misinterpreting Morel's words. The thing he called Killua out on wasn't that he ran away, it's that he saw no option other than to run away. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think he called him a coward, just a novice. Which he is.
Those were Knov's words. It's almost exactly what he said. As for Morel, he called him a loser, which is possibly worse than calling him a coward.

Killua is actually a bit of a coward, that's the way he was raised. However, in this particular situation, I think running away was perfectly justified. There's no way they could have defeated Pitou when Kite couldn't. My point is that Morel and Knov shouldn't judge Killua when they don't have all the parameters. For all they know, his assumptions were fully accurate.
Old 2013-06-27, 10:21   Link #3210
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Those were Knov's words. It's almost exactly what he said. As for Morel, he called him a loser, which is possibly worse than calling him a coward.

Killua is actually a bit of a coward, that's the way he was raised. However, in this particular situation, I think running away was perfectly justified. There's no way they could have defeated Pitou when Kite couldn't. My point is that Morel and Knov shouldn't judge Killua when they don't have all the parameters. For all they know, his assumptions were fully accurate.
The point is that Killua didn't run away because he calmly thought that it was the best option, he ran away because he got scared of Pitou.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-27, 10:50   Link #3211
kakakka

There's no way Killua is going to be calm, I think that's obvious.

But to think it was the best option he thought of the time, it is. It's not only his self-defense mechanism at work here, he also thought about what could have happen to Gon if Gon continued. While that decision looks impulsive, hesitation could have accompanied if he thought that is not the right option. Or worse, he could have just ran away without Gon.

And there's also Killua feeling like a coward afterwards. He betrayed Gon's intentions (Gon wouldn't run away) and leaving Kite behind. While he made the right decision, that decision is also a burden to him. It's a life and death choice, and while he did what he could, it's normal to think of "what-ifs" and other ways that could transpire.

It's funny, this also connects to the question and answer during the first episodes. While Hunter are to be the best, there are also times when the situation comes to worse and grave decisions need to be made (what to do and who to save). It's debatable but the decision could only be made when that time comes.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-27, 13:43   Link #3212
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
The point is that Killua didn't run away because he calmly thought that it was the best option, he ran away because he got scared of Pitou.
To be honest I think that's very hard to judge. It certainly looked to me like he made a concious decision to knock out Gon and run away.

Considering it's that ambiguous for the us viewers who actually saw it happen, I think it's definitely out of line for Morel to make a judgement when he doesn't know the situation.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-27, 17:02   Link #3213
Quol
That Guy

I personally like the idea that Killua ran away from fear. Its become too much of a cliche where the character despite being scared fights the OP bad guy and wins somehow.

Though the discussion on if it was fear or a rational choice i believe it was a fear based choice at first, but after Gon started his Nen and prepared to fight Killua went Rational.
Quol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-28, 03:35   Link #3214
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I find it funny that people seem to think that Kite is the absolute authority on what is a good decision and what isn't.
Old 2013-06-28, 03:47   Link #3215
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I find it funny that people seem to think that Kite is the absolute authority on what is a good decision and what isn't.
No, but he is proof that certain views aren't absolute. Everyone has their own perspective.
Old 2013-06-28, 04:06   Link #3216
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Also, he was there, Morel wasn't.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-28, 04:13   Link #3217
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Just because Kite was right doesn't mean Morel was wrong though.
Old 2013-06-28, 04:30   Link #3218
Arkeus

I am more disturbed by people saying Morel had no right to say anything about Killua. In that scene, it's obvious that Killua was broken down and had given up. Morel saw this, and as a fellow professional just told Killua that unless he could man up he can't stay a hunter. Which he is totally correct about.

Killua doesn't want to be taken as a kid, but as a professional, after all.
Arkeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-28, 06:20   Link #3219
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
No, but he is proof that certain views aren't absolute. Everyone has their own perspective.
Killua's perspective is the only one that matters though. What is he going to take from what Morel said to him? What is he going to do about it? That's the issue. Everything else is besides the point.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2013-06-28 at 07:15.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-28, 09:02   Link #3220
Moeterum

Kite isn't really dead. He'll be back.

It's not a spoiler, I haven't read the manga, but I'm sure that he will.
Moeterum is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, shounen