AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-11-26, 04:38   Link #31961
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Did you just requested to be tasered by a caricature of a female cop ?
I am not an M, so no.

But I am not sure about people like Zakoo, Irenicus, mangatron, etc...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokerD View Post
He usually prefers to be tasered by a loli in a policewoman cosplay
No. I would taser anyone who gets close to the loli as I grab and take her home.

On a more sombre note :

Turks worry as sons go to fight in Syria

Quote:
(Reuters) - Abu Huseyin says he has sent dozens of people from this ancient city in southeastern Turkey to join jihadist groups in northern Syria and vows to continue helping them fulfill what he says is their duty to God.

Several hundred Turks are estimated to be among thousands of foreigners swelling the ranks of Islamist rebels fighting President Bashar al-Assad's forces, generating what some politicians say is a risk that, radicalized and battle-hardened, they could one day return to stage attacks on Turkish soil.

"We send those who are in the path of God for jihad," said Abu Huseyin, a tradesman identified by several locals as a man who helps recruit fighters for Syria from this mixed Turkish, Arab and Kurdish city 50 km (30 miles) from the Syrian frontier.

"Nobody tells these people to go and fight. Most of them meet up in groups of three or five people and make their own decisions to go," he said by telephone, declining to meet in person for fear of jeopardizing his activities.

Turkey has been an outspoken supporter of rebels fighting against Syria's Bashar al-Assad and has assisted them by keeping its border open.

But Turkish opposition politicians have become increasingly alarmed as hardline Islamist groups such as al Qaeda-linked Jabhat al-Nusra and the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) have risen to prominence among the rebels and taken control of territory in northern Syria near the frontier.

The presence of foreign fighters from around the Muslim world, including Turks, adds to the risk that the conflict will spill beyond Syria, they say, accusing the government of doing too little to fight the threat.

"This is our biggest fear," Mehmet Seker, a member of parliament from the opposition Republican People's Party (CHP) in the southeastern city of Gaziantep, told Reuters. "They received training there. Their thoughts have crystallized. These people could quite easily carry out attacks in Turkey."

Seker is one of several deputies who have called for parliament to launch an investigation into Turkish fighters being recruited for Syria.

The danger of violence hitting neighboring countries was illustrated last week when suicide bombers targeted Iran's embassy in Lebanon, killing 25 people. An anti-Assad Sunni Muslim militant group claimed responsibility.

In Turkey, a bomb attack in May killed 53 people in the border town of Reyhanli, although the authorities say suspects being tried over the attack are linked to Assad, not the Islamist rebels.

Turkish officials strongly reject any suggestion that their opposition to Assad amounts to support for his al Qaeda foes.

"The expression 'love of al Qaeda' was used regarding me personally. No Turkish state minister cultivates special sympathy for al Qaeda or any terrorist group," a furious Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoglu told a parliamentary commission last week.

Prime Minister Tayyip Erdogan denied this month that Turkey was harboring al Qaeda-linked fighters and said it was fighting against them. Turkish security forces have tightened controls along the 900 km (560-mile) border, seizing a truck loaded with 1,200 rocket warheads and other weapons in the southern city of Adana this month.

JIHAD

Still, Turks are being recruited to join foreign fighters from around North Africa and the Middle East to fight against Assad, often with Islamist groups that openly support al Qaeda.

Pictures on Turkish jihadist websites commemorate Turks who have died fighting in Syria, while videos on You Tube show armed men speaking in Turkish, apparently from inside Syria, calling on their compatriots to join the jihad.

Among those who have been inspired to fight by such images were 20-year-old twins who disappeared from their home in Adiyaman, 150 km from the Syrian border, several months ago when they were due to register at university. Their father, Mehmet, blames Islamists in the town for recruiting them.

"They took my children by force. They brainwashed them. Even if I die I will try and bring them here and watch over them so no harm comes to them," said the retired civil servant, who crossed into Syria in a desperate search for his sons two months ago, tracking them down to a building in Aleppo.

"They refused to show my sons to me and kept them upstairs. When I argued with them they pointed their guns and were going to shoot me so I had to leave," he said, vowing to return.

Britain's ambassador to Turkey, David Reddaway, warned Turks last week about the prospect of militants returning from Syria to carry out attacks.

"Thousands of foreign nationals - including a significant number from the United Kingdom - have joined groups affiliated to al Qaeda (in Syria)," Reddaway wrote in a newspaper editorial marking the 10th anniversary of car bombings in Istanbul targeting the British consulate and local offices of HSBC.

"We are deeply concerned about the potential for these individuals to return to Turkey and other countries in order to carry out attacks."

Al Qaeda claimed responsibility for those 2003 attacks on British targets in Istanbul, which killed 32 people and came a week after car bombs at two Istanbul synagogues killed 30.

Osman Karahan, Turkish lawyer for the convicted Syrian mastermind of the 2003 bombings, was himself killed fighting in Syria last year. He died in a clash with Assad's forces in Aleppo, according to jihadist websites.

A symbolic funeral for Turks who have died fighting in Syria, attended by supporters of Islamist groups, was held at an Istanbul mosque this summer.

RECRUITMENT

The head of the Islamist Ozgur-Der association, involved in supplying aid to Syrians, estimated around 50 Turks had died in Syria among several hundred who had left to fight there.

Speaking in the group's Istanbul offices, Ridvan Kaya said Ozgur-Der itself had not sent jihadist fighters to Syria but that it was not opposed to groups which did, defending them against what he termed "black propaganda" in the Western media.

"We don't think there is a need for fighters there because there are many people in Syria resisting the regime," he said. "But we believe a propaganda war is being conducted against jihadist Islamic fighters."

Parents of Turks who have gone to fight are demanding the state act to prevent more crossing the border. A father from Gaziantep near the frontier tearfully described how his 20-year-old son had fled over the border more than a year ago.

"We would have prevented this happening. I would have found him a wife. I could have sold the house and opened a business for him," he said, declining to give his name.

"But this is not about my son, it's about stopping others from going and I'm concentrating on that. My son has gone and I have lost hope for him."
This is terrible. Those kids were just given dreams of glory with nothing more than a rusty assault rifle and a grenade, or even worse, a suicide vest or IED which blows up right in their face. Those false hopes got to them.

The mosques must do more. Islam is never a violent religion about war, it is just taken out of context to appease the insecure failed leaders of the extremist factions.

P.S : Damn I want a doting dad like that. I would name my business after him if he buys me a 12-year-old wife!

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2013-11-26, 05:20   Link #31962
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
P.S : Damn I want a doting dad like that. I would name my business after him if he buys me a 12-year-old wife!
Your are talking about a father from Turkey, not Afghanistan, so the 12 year old is not much likely .
Old 2013-11-26, 06:55   Link #31963
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Like the 15 years-old Vietnamese boy who burned himself and rushed into a French Supply Base. No, I won't say that children or teenager fighting is totally unforgiveable. But at least, please considered Would it be worth it?
Old 2013-11-26, 12:17   Link #31964
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Lostprophets' Ian Watkins guilty of child sex offences

Looks like the band's music will be forever tarnish.
Old 2013-11-26, 13:57   Link #31965
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFan188 View Post
China creates air defence zone over Japan-controlled islands:
It sure didn't take long for the US to show what they think of the ADZ:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/27/wo...zone.html?_r=0

This hasn't been mentioned before, but South Korea are also telling Beijing to piss off with the ADZ:

http://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/engli...131125_34.html

That ADZ is a real can of worms...

Last edited by KiraYamatoFan; 2013-11-26 at 14:14.
Old 2013-11-26, 14:50   Link #31966
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

EU demands protection against U.S. data surveillance
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...9AP0NW20131126

Spies worry over "doomsday" cache stashed by ex-NSA contractor Snowden
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...9AO0Y120131125
Old 2013-11-26, 16:20   Link #31967
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Interest to the disputed island between Japan and China is that the dispute is over ownership, not over who is presently administering said islands.
Old 2013-11-26, 16:33   Link #31968
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Republicans mindlessly oppose Iran nuclear deal
http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinio...7cc_story.html
Quote:
In the eyes of Republicans, the agreement with Iran has a fatal flaw: It was negotiated by the Obama administration. This president could negotiate a treaty promoting baseball, motherhood and apple pie, and Republicans would brand it the next Munich.
Old 2013-11-26, 18:10   Link #31969
maplehurry

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
It sure didn't take long for the US to show what they think of the ADZ:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/27/wo...zone.html?_r=0

This hasn't been mentioned before, but South Korea are also telling Beijing to piss off with the ADZ:

http://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/engli...131125_34.html

That ADZ is a real can of worms...
Regarding ADIZ, it should be noted that several months ago, Japan also unilaterally expanded its ADIZ into Taiwan's ADIZ without consulting with Taiwan.

“Given international norms that ADIZ demarcation is at the discretion of each country, it was natural for Japan not to seek prior approval from Taiwan. However, when there is another country adjacent to the line, consulting with the country in advance is a courtesy,” the official said."

http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/fron.../26/2003476438

Now that this is out of the way, I have to say "Good Job" to US on this one, the PRC didn't see that coming.

Last edited by maplehurry; 2013-11-26 at 18:34.
Old 2013-11-27, 00:40   Link #31970
PzIVf3

US Tests New China Air Defense Zone With B-52s; PRC Move Drives Korea, Japan Together

Quote:
Reuters just reported America's first challenge to the zone, a flight through the newly declared Chinese air defense zone by two US military aircraft that elicited no Chinese response. The Wall Street Journal's Julian Barnes identified them as Air Force B-52 bombers flying out of Guam. That means the US sent two of America's oldest, biggest, least stealthy, and least agile aircraft from a long way away. They should have been easy for Chinese radar to spot and for Chinese fighters to intercept -- but whether the Chinese saw them coming or not, Beijing did nothing.
http://breakingdefense.com/2013/11/c...apan-together/

I lol this comment.
Quote:
Guess they were flying the middle-finger formation.
Old 2013-11-27, 06:18   Link #31971
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Justices to Hear Contraception Cases Challenging Health Law
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/27/us...tion-rule.html
Old 2013-11-27, 11:34   Link #31972
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Scotland's independence referendum

Interesting read about both sides over why Scotland should either become Independent or stay with the UK.
Old 2013-11-27, 13:23   Link #31973
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Republicans mindlessly oppose Iran nuclear deal
http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinio...7cc_story.html
Israel doesn't like the deal, either. Can't say I'm surprised either way.

Of course, if it was up to the GOP, they'd be dropping nukes on Assad yesterday.
Old 2013-11-27, 15:15   Link #31974
sneaker

What does Assad have to do with Iran?
Old 2013-11-27, 15:27   Link #31975
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaker View Post
What does Assad have to do with Iran?
Iran, with Russia, might be the only friends than he still have.

But honestly, the Iranian deal have no connection with Assad.
Old 2013-11-27, 16:37   Link #31976
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I don't think Lord of Fire was connecting the two. He was just making a general point about the Republican's brain dead hawkish attitude.
Old 2013-11-28, 02:34   Link #31977
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Iran, with Russia, might be the only friends than he still have.

But honestly, the Iranian deal have no connection with Assad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I don't think Lord of Fire was connecting the two. He was just making a general point about the Republican's brain dead hawkish attitude.
No, I just mixed up Syria and Iran and didn't notice it, that's all.

Just replace 'Assad' with 'Iran' to get what I was trying to say.
Old 2013-11-28, 10:18   Link #31978
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Japan, S.Korean military planes defy China's new defense zone

If Japan and ROK can cooperate like this, when will I get my mixblood Japanese-Korean lolis.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2013-11-28, 11:14   Link #31979
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Japan, S.Korean military planes defy China's new defense zone

If Japan and ROK can cooperate like this, when will I get my mixblood Japanese-Korean lolis.
You already have me as your onee-chan.
Old 2013-11-28, 11:35   Link #31980
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Brazil risking reputation on World Cup, Olympics
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...11-28-09-22-31

Many support mayor accused of charity theft
http://bigstory.ap.org/article/many-...-charity-theft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
You already have me as your onee-chan.
You know than it isn't that kind of loli than he want