AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Guilty Crown

Notices

View Poll Results: Guilty Crown - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 11 13.92%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 19 24.05%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 20.25%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 15.19%
6 out of 10 : Average 10 12.66%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 3.80%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 3.80%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 2.53%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 3.80%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-12-14, 16:17   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Guilty Crown - Episode 10 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Guilty Crown, Episode 10.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2011-12-15, 11:49   Link #2
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I suspect that Shuu's "popularity" will drop even more than before with this episode. That being said, something "finally" noteworthy occurs, although the direction is still beating around the bush for a long while, despite we are almost reaching the half mark of the series.
Old 2011-12-15, 13:06   Link #3
hayate-sama
お姉さま、君はどこ

Best thing about this ep ? it is ep 11 coming next week

Spoiler for Shuu and Hare:
Old 2011-12-15, 13:19   Link #4
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Spoiler for ep 11:
Old 2011-12-15, 13:20   Link #5
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayate-sama View Post
Best thing about this ep ? it is ep 11 coming next week

Spoiler for Shuu and Hare:
Still trying to copy geass...(well, not that geass was too original to begin with).

Spoiler for end:
Old 2011-12-15, 13:32   Link #6
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
*sigh* Like I said before, the staff is trying

WAY

too hard to make us hate Shu and think he's a wuss. It's honestly almost painful to watch how nearly unrealistically bad a funk he's fallen into. The staff is literally taking EVERY possible step to make him look like an ass. Even
Spoiler for Episode 10:
As I also said before, they'd seriously better over-compensate by making Shu one hell of a badass later.

On the other hand though, the next episode preview makes it pretty clear that he's going to quickly get over it and save the day, so let's all hold off on starting up the Hate-Shu bandwagon.

And are we sure this is a two-cour series? We're approaching what would be the halfway point for a two-cour show, but we've already got a major crisis as if it were a one-cour show. Not to mention
Spoiler for Episode 10:

I hope not, but I wonder if Guilty Crown is getting cancelled and cut down from two cours to one like Angel Beats was.
Old 2011-12-15, 14:00   Link #7
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

They're already mentioning bout the second OP, so no.
Old 2011-12-15, 14:06   Link #8
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
*sigh* Like I said before, the staff is trying

WAY

too hard to make us hate Shu and think he's a wuss. It's honestly almost painful to watch how nearly unrealistically bad a funk he's fallen into. The staff is literally taking EVERY possible step to make him look like an ass. Even
Spoiler for Episode 10:
As I also said before, they'd seriously better over-compensate by making Shu one hell of a badass later.

On the other hand though, the next episode preview makes it pretty clear that he's going to quickly get over it and save the day, so let's all hold off on starting up the Hate-Shu bandwagon.

And are we sure this is a two-cour series? We're approaching what would be the halfway point for a two-cour show, but we've already got a major crisis as if it were a one-cour show. Not to mention
Spoiler for Episode 10:

Amen on that...you said all I want to said.
Old 2011-12-15, 14:12   Link #9
JediNight
キズランダム

I didn't find it that uncharacteristic. Okay yeah, the mindfsck part went a little far maybe, but he swore to Yahiro he would protect his brother. He was finally taking initiative and trying to be like Gai, but then despite his best efforts he was still put in a situation where he had to choose which one of them would die.

I think what will come out of this is Shu will stop trying to be like Gai, and just try to do what he feels is best within his own means. "Be his own person" etc.
Old 2011-12-15, 14:16   Link #10
miketyson

The end here was pretty cool. The show's still a bit clumsy with how it handles the characters, but the ending was really cool. Just wish they'd gotten to this stuff sooner, and cut a couple of the earlier episodes out.
Old 2011-12-15, 14:33   Link #11
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Spoiler for Episode 10:

Last edited by DXMichael; 2011-12-15 at 14:52.
Old 2011-12-15, 14:38   Link #12
tsunade666

Spoiler for Finally a episode worth bashing for infinite time and praise it:

Spoiler for Good points:

Indeed pretty good episode for me

SO WHAT IS SO GOOD WITH SHUU!?
- his so good that I don't mind him not showing up again unless he turns badass.

Last edited by tsunade666; 2011-12-15 at 15:11.
Old 2011-12-15, 14:49   Link #13
Sides

Spoiler tags? Really?
Episode was alright. Like the dynamic between Hare and Shu, kind of adds to Shu's character. Hopefully he will learn something from that slap.
Think someone pointed it out last week, Hare has some amazing shinobi skills, not even Gai knew that she was around, or did he...

So the girl or whatever it is locked in the tower is Shu's sister I guess.
One thing did bothered me, the new character, or maybe not, showed near the end. Really? Was that necessary?
Old 2011-12-15, 14:54   Link #14
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXMichael View Post
It wasn't the fact that he had taken a life, but the fact that he was seeing things which was related to his void power which made him scared of what he was doing and what he had.
And you expect them to understand when he is acting like a shut-in, not explaining what he sees? They all saw he was in anguish, but it is hardly possible for them to find out anything beyond the scope of Jun's death.
Quote:
Gai just throwing Shu away and telling him not to show his face again didn't really make sense to me, otherwise wouldn't he have done that earlier in the anime? Why would he toss Shu aside after all the effort he had done to keep him in and to work for Funeral Parlor? As for Ayase, it's her usual personality to be strict and tough on Shu, but as I said before, Shu actually had a reason to be scared and not want to be in Funeral Parlor anymore which made Ayase's action rather sore towards him.
Even after all this effort, Shuu couldn't get over a single "sacrifice". If he can't even get over this, how is he going to get over further issue? It isn't like he can magically save everyone either, power of kings or not.
As for Ayase, she was pretty much "betrayed" by her expectations and it is no surprise considering how Shuu fell so low.
Quote:
As for Hare...I guess her reactions were reasonable. Even I knew straight away that when her and Shu were sitting together on the stairs, he was going to try and take advantage of Hare's love for him to lick his wounds better. Even so, he had already been through quite a bit, a reasonable "No" would have been better rather than a slap.
Shuu has been changing to the point it is out of control. No matter how you look at it, there is no way for Hare to consider that "move" as reasonable. It would be even more meaningless and irrealistic for her to stay calm after Shuu mopping and random behaviour. It is even less likely that a "simple no" would make snap him out.
Old 2011-12-15, 15:16   Link #15
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
And you expect them to understand when he is acting like a shut-in, not explaining what he sees? They all saw he was in anguish, but it is hardly possible for them to find out anything beyond the scope of Jun's death.
Yes, they all saw he was in anguish because of Jun's death, but did they bother asking anything else? Even Inori didn't ask when Shu knocked the song out of her hand and called her a monster. You would think it would be obvious to them that Shu would be looking for comfort after killing someone, not pushing people away, especially if it's Inori's beautiful voice. No way would Shu neglect Inori like that. We have seen it. When he learned that Inori was using him before, he still wanted to be with her. When Gai pretty much kicked him out of Funeral Parlor this episode, we see that Shu still wanted to stay in contact with Inori by asking for her email or mobile contact so they could text.

Quote:

Even after all this effort, Shuu couldn't get over a single "sacrifice". If he can't even get over this, how is he going to get over further issue? It isn't like he can magically save everyone either, power of kings or not.
As for Ayase, she was pretty much "betrayed" by her expectations and it is no surprise considering how Shuu fell so low.
It wasn't just the sacrifice though. Shu was seeing images that scared and hurt him enough to cry out in the middle of school. It was his first time doing something the average Shu would have never done before. Surely if you killed someone and started seeing strange images in your head, you would need some form of help and comfort instead of being expected by people you barely know to shudder it off like it was nothing, similar to how Gai does.
Old 2011-12-15, 15:21   Link #16
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

The point remains the same: Shuu does not open up and nor express why he is so much distressed.
And no, there is hardly any possible way for them to figure why he is so "freaked out". In fact, everything accounted to Jun's death makes perfect sense for anyone who can't mind read Shuu. Shuu was already protrayed as someone who wouldn't stand people dying -because- of him, so yeah, there is no way for them to expect something else is up, especially that kind of flashbacks (and suffice to say, he never mentioned them before to anyone thus far).

Blaming characters who made their move first and yet were rejected without any form of compromise is hardly pertinent.
Old 2011-12-15, 15:21   Link #17
miketyson

I just can't get over the sound design in this episode. The "sound" at the end is just so well-done, so eerie and menacing.

Speculation:
Spoiler for speculation:

Next Episode:
Spoiler for ep 11 preview":
Old 2011-12-15, 15:29   Link #18
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXMichael View Post
Yes, they all saw he was in anguish because of Jun's death, but did they bother asking anything else? Even Inori didn't ask when Shu knocked the song out of her hand and called her a monster. You would think it would be obvious to them that Shu would be looking for comfort after killing someone, not pushing people away, especially if it's Inori's beautiful voice. No way would Shu neglect Inori like that. We have seen it. When he learned that Inori was using him before, he still wanted to be with her. When Gai pretty much kicked him out of Funeral Parlor this episode, we see that Shu still wanted to stay in contact with Inori by asking for her email or mobile contact so they could text.
Shu is not saying a thing. It's his problem or are you saying that the funeral parlor should spoil him up? I get your point but I find it more realistic that they don't understand what's happening to him. They knew Jun died and he ended up killing him but they don't know what his seeing because HE DOESN'T SAID A THING. Opening up to others could really help Shu a lot but alas I saw this type a lot. They always store it all inside their hearts thus making them fragile and easy to be hurt.
Old 2011-12-15, 15:38   Link #19
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

This episode was great and it's even greater because of the posts on this thread about Shu being an ass and all. Lol really ? It's amazing how some people here can't even understand human feeling anymore and just think that everyone should be super badass and not just being human like Shu.

Shu's behavior is perfectly understandable. He's not an ass, he's completly traumatized. Nothing wrong with that.

I like the end by the way, with the funeral parlor being pawned by Sergei
Old 2011-12-15, 15:39   Link #20
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Shu is not saying a thing. It's his problem or are you saying that the funeral parlor should spoil him up? I get your point but I find it more realistic that they don't understand what's happening to him. They knew Jun died and he ended up killing him but they don't know what his seeing because HE DOESN'T SAID A THING. Opening up to others could really help Shu a lot but alas I saw this type a lot. They always store it all inside their hearts thus making them fragile and easy to be hurt.
As I said in my previous post, even Inori didn't ask if something was wrong.

It's reasonable that they all think he's having trouble over killing Jun, but that wouldn't make him lash out at the one he admires the most. Sure, he's being a shut in and not talking, but it was clearly obvious that something else was bothering him if he decided to slap away Inori's hand, especially if she was offering him one of the best aspects about her which was her singing.

Shu has done nothing but want to be with Inori the whole anime. She's the reason he joined Funeral Parlor. So why would he suddenly slap her hand away and call her a monster? That's an obvious sign that something else was bothering him, because in his mind, an image popped up that completely changed the way he saw Inori for those few seconds and frightened him to the point that he would lash out.