AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-10-26, 04:09   Link #241
hamazura
whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
is there any in depth explaination of George Glenn's Space Whale thing?
& please no Majestic Prince jokes, seriously
Hideauze?
Old 2013-10-31, 00:38   Link #242
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
is there any in depth explaination of George Glenn's Space Whale thing?
& please no Majestic Prince jokes, seriously
I told you, when Basara was chasing Space Whales, one of them got a bit frightened, lost its way and ended up in the SEED universe!

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-01, 03:41   Link #243
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
Hideauze?
That's pretty much going back to Turn A and Turn X, space whale suits by transgalactic post-humans no?
Old 2013-11-01, 07:06   Link #244
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
I told you, when Basara was chasing Space Whales, one of them got a bit frightened, lost its way and ended up in the SEED universe!

- Tak
along with the pop idol singer that can end conflicts schmick?
don't know much about the love triangle parts though.........
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-01, 07:18   Link #245
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post

- Tak
Yup. The space whales are already covered by Macross 7, people. The space whales are mighty creatures who journey the vacuum of the vast universe (and maybe even multiverse). One of them might ended up lost in SEED universe and died. The fossilized remains is then found by George Glenn .

Quote:
along with the pop idol singer that can end conflicts schmick?
Lacus doesn't end conflicts by singing her songs though .
Old 2013-11-01, 11:03   Link #246
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
That's pretty much going back to Turn A and Turn X, space whale suits by transgalactic post-humans no?
I don't want to go off topic, but it seems that entire conflict was just conveniently forgotten in Gargantia

A war in space? What war?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Lacus doesn't end conflicts by singing her songs though .
Not entirely, but she certainly swayed a lot of people

Then again, FATkuda said Lacus was based on you-know-who.

Spoiler for Scary...:

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2013-11-01 at 18:57.
Old 2013-11-02, 00:01   Link #247
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
^ makes think there should be a Gundam series where the pilot controls the MS with musical instruments such as guitars or something or the MS itself is armed with one,

Extreme Gundam does not count as it only had a beam rifle & shield that happens to be shaped like a guitar & guitar case respectively which does not actually work & due to his seiyuu who is Gackt......
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-06, 05:51   Link #248
NeutralZero

^ that would be weird.
If Gundam build fighter is like gundam meets angelic layer
then it would be G gundam meets guitar hero...
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-06, 14:26   Link #249
Tak

Quote:
G gundam meets guitar hero...
Been done in the form of one particular title back in 1994, which was also the year where we saw the back-to-back release of two very peculiar alterations (into super-robot form) of two very-popular real-robot franchises...

Makes you wonder if the Japanese anime industry was high that year.

- Tak

Old 2013-11-17, 20:45   Link #250
miyanlove

try aliens in Gundam 00 movie: A Wakening of trailblazer
miyanlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-18, 03:42   Link #251
NeutralZero

any alien that looks like a human and use mech similar to earth is fine but the alien in 00... they seem more like from a super robot series and not a normal robot series...
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-18, 06:40   Link #252
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZero View Post
any alien that looks like a human and use mech similar to earth is fine but the alien in 00... they seem more like from a super robot series and not a normal robot series...
Wat?

Ok, let me ask you something: Which alien feels more real and makes sense: the human-like pointy-eared English-speaking Vulcans from Star Trek series, or the Xenomorph from Ridley Scott's Alien & Spielberg's War of the Worlds movie?

Aliens who look like human is even weirder if talk about realism. Human-shaped aliens only works in Super-Robot shows or series like Star Trek or movies like Star Wars in which aliens-physiology science took a back-seat in place of intergalactic plot.

The ELS alien from 00 is actually the proper approach to the Real-Robot show like Gundam. It gives an actual "alien" feel about them.
Old 2013-11-19, 15:11   Link #253
Tak

The ELS were very alien, although I can't say I completely appreciate their design. It looked as if the studio ran out of money when producing a proper design for the ELS as they mainly fall into the category of conspicuous CG. I cannot say I am too convinced about the central msg of the movie. I think it was overhyped by the series and I expected something more grandeur.

Alas, the final-stand was very well done.

- Tak

Old 2013-11-19, 15:13   Link #254
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Actually I'm fairly certain that the CGI was deliberate for the ELS. It was to make them look a bit more out of place in the animation, giving them a more alien feel to eyes trying to associate them with the animation of the world.