AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 14 Rating
Perfect 10 50 51.02%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 33 33.67%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 11.22%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 2.04%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.02%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.02%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-15, 23:27   Link #381
fluidin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post

I like Kira, he was a crybaby yes, but he evolved into a person with independence and determination.

As for Char Aznable, in a world where the skill of top SEED aces are able to slice beams and missiles in mid-air and perform other feats unseen in the UC timeline, the Red Comet would have been knee-deep in crap trying to survive the SEED universe as a pilot.

- Tak
Rubbish. Kira is retarded. The things I hear him proclaim, the naviete, the twisted determination...

Char will own any of the SEED 'aces' anyday. Wits > cheap plothax. Anyway, I've been over the UC v.s. SEED argument a very long time ago, so...

You can check out the very lengthy arguments here: http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopi...am.html?pg=515
Old 2008-07-15, 23:29   Link #382
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluidin View Post
Rubbish. Kira is retarded. The things I hear him proclaim, the naviete, the twisted determination...

Char will own any of the SEED 'aces' anyday. Wits > cheap plothax. Anyway, I've been over the UC v.s. SEED argument a very long time ago, so...

You can check out the very lengthy arguments here: http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopi...am.html?pg=515
Well I disagree, but there are better place for that stuff.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-07-15, 23:34   Link #383
zalem

Lacus shared a lot of the same ideals, yet you like her? Personally I think they go well together, but I liked both of them.

But maybe this is not the place to have arguments over Seed? Wasn't the original point of this whole conversation whether or not Alto would get an "upgrade" or not?
Old 2008-07-15, 23:35   Link #384
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
Wasn't the original point of this whole conversation whether or not Alto would get an "upgrade" or not?
Nah, we were debating which attacks are flashier, ones from Gundam, or ones from Macross.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-07-15, 23:37   Link #385
zalem

Quote:
Nah, we were debating which attacks are flashier, ones from Gundam, or ones from Macross.

- Tak
But it was originally about upgrades and then it switched to the whole "who is flashier than who" thing. Now it's gone all OT. Though I suppose a little OT isn't so bad.
Old 2008-07-15, 23:41   Link #386
fluidin

Lacus is win, just because she's got a black SEED mode :O Anyway, Lacus was rather Macross-influenced, don't you think?

Gundam is still flashier. SHIIIIIIIININGG FIIIIIINNGGEEEEEEERR!!

Sadly to say, Frontier is the 1st Macross I've ever watched. I've had the chance to watch Plus and 7 when I was a kid, but I skipped the opportunity. (That was a really long time ago....)

So, anyone knows where to recieve a crash course on Macross History?

EDIT: I've checked up Wikipedia, not useful at all.
Old 2008-07-15, 23:43   Link #387
Tak

Quote:
Lacus is win, just because she's got a black SEED mode :O Anyway, Lacus was rather Macross-influenced, don't you think?
That part was obvious. Its creator admitted to heavy influences from Minmei.

Quote:

So, anyone knows where to recieve a crash course on Macross History?

EDIT: I've checked up Wikipedia, not useful at all.
What do you want to know

- Tak

Old 2008-07-16, 00:25   Link #388
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
That part was obvious. Its creator admitted to heavy influences from Minmei.

What do you want to know

- Tak
Better cross-reference it with some of the other posters too though. Tak and I for instance, have different view points on certain shows and scenes.

Nowhere near as twisted as ani_d's for Macross Frontier though...
Old 2008-07-16, 05:13   Link #389
kilroy0097
Michiko Malandro = Sexy

All I can do is smile when Ranka's past is partially revealed. I was one of the speculators on this theory quite a few episodes back. It's nice to see I was at least a little correct on some of it. *pats himself on the back*

Excellent episode. These things just keep getting better and better.
Old 2008-07-16, 06:30   Link #390
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
That was the point, actually, and the primary reason why Macross weapons tend to be more down to Earth.
Don't they also have lasers and plasma? They just aren't as prevalent.

Quote:
I never questioned realism, I mentioned flashy, which is an entirely different matter.
Spaceships turning into a giant giant robot to punch other spaceships and fire stuff from the inside?

Quote:
I don't know about that, seeing how a full volley only managed to wound a Red Vajra, while a rainbow, assuming it being fired at one complete cycle, would be able to do a lot more damage as seen in SEED and Destiny.
Only in the first few episodes. By ep7, they'd upgraded the weapons or downgraded the Vajra, or the battle would have gone differently.
Old 2008-07-16, 07:00   Link #391
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Don't they also have lasers and plasma? They just aren't as prevalent.
They have a lot of beam weapons, but the point I have been repeatedly trying to make is that these are relatively simple weapons. It gets from point A to point B without gimmicks and other twists in between. Certainly nothing compared to the moves they manage to pull off in G Gundam or late Turn A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Spaceships turning into a giant giant robot to punch other spaceships and fire stuff from the inside?
Punching is punching, its a straightforward attack.

- Tak

Old 2008-07-16, 07:55   Link #392
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Did somebody just say EVA? (Enemy VAlkyrie)
Spoiler for Feios:
I know that jet! It's from VF-X 2 ain't it!? Dang it looks like a stingray!
Old 2008-07-16, 07:57   Link #393
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
I know that jet! It's from VF-X 2 ain't it!? Dang it looks like a stingray!
That was from VFX-1. Its called the FEIOS. It supposedly was better than the best Valkyires of that era, exceeding even the VF-19 and VF-22

- Tak

Old 2008-07-16, 09:23   Link #394
glyph

Quote:
That was from VFX-1. Its called the FEIOS. It supposedly was better than the best Valkyires of that era, exceeding even the VF-19 and VF-22

- Tak
It was in VFX-2 as well, I think. That Killa Wizard guy piloted one.
Old 2008-07-16, 14:37   Link #395
ani_d

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Spoiler for APPALE GENKI ITANO CIRCUS:

You were saying...
lol! Nice catch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilroy0097
All I can do is smile when Ranka's past is partially revealed. I was one of the speculators on this theory quite a few episodes back. It's nice to see I was at least a little correct on some of it. *pats himself on the back*

Excellent episode. These things just keep getting better and better.
I did think of Ranka as something like a Vajra queen when Leon stated that Vajra doesn't have a brain and acts from a control center in 5. I just thought that was too farfetched and ruled it out right away. I spoke too soon.

Isn't it interesting how Ranka is slowly starting to be loved by everyone and suddenly, she develops a new perspective from the Vajra. I'm sensing a possible revolt against her from everyone, her fans--especially Alto--if she decides to be a Vajra advocate. That would surely be one juicy scenario. What great irony.
Old 2008-07-16, 15:24   Link #396
Valerian Mengsk

Ranka is in fact a cyclon and will soon identify 4 others who are also Vajra queens within the next few episodes. Meanwhile certain other characters will begin to continually here Ranka's favorite song repeat in their head and become increasingly paranoid....

Wait this isn't the BSG forum is it? Shoot..

As for none flashy mobile suits, well Gundam Wing wasn't that falshy for the most part, and the pilots used the same suits for the most part, they just tended to take them into the shop after getting heavily damaged and upgrade them a little, or they would lone their gundams to a fellow pilot.
But yeah Wing Zero (movie version) was kind of flashy.

I'll admit it I'm a Gundm Wing fan.
Old 2008-07-16, 18:02   Link #397
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_d View Post
Isn't it interesting how Ranka is slowly starting to be loved by everyone and suddenly, she develops a new perspective from the Vajra. I'm sensing a possible revolt against her from everyone, her fans--especially Alto--if she decides to be a Vajra advocate. That would surely be one juicy scenario. What great irony.
Well for starters this is a species that has wiped out two NUNs fleet.

And in the first episode they staged a raid that hit Frontier hard.

So there's already quite a deep hatred for them and it's going to take a lot to help clear the Vajra's name and to find the ones responsible for the whole mess.
Old 2008-07-17, 01:12   Link #398
Wesley84

Rere never said a word through the whole series, and aside from standing around, she's credited for throwing a dart at a dart board. No one looked at or said a word to her either. If not for a name and death, the kids at the mall Ranka offered carrot samplings to would have had more relevance than Backdrop Ramaria.
Old 2008-07-17, 07:29   Link #399
Westlo
Lets be reality

You say that yet voted for her as one of your fav characters one episode ago...
Old 2008-07-17, 16:16   Link #400
Tabris

But we can all thank God that it wasn't Nene
Closed Thread