AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2009-11-11, 17:05   Link #21061
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silencian View Post
Ironically, I found and read the FAQ before you wrote that post.
I well, I hope my post still manage to be usfull then.
Heatth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-11, 17:08   Link #21062
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
So many links in the story thing. That's slightly scary...
It's what we do.

Quote:
Such a pity the rewriting thing has been abandoned. Ah well, what's been decided has been decided and there's not as if I can do anything about that. Short of continuing myself, which is something I doubt I'd be any good at.
To this point we're still throwing around ideas for the novels. Just that it's not an active project. We've got several ideas for Sighs already.

Quote:
I guess I'll just write and read random fanfics to keep myself occupied until something is completed (I don't really like reading things before they're completed, I hate stopping partway). Oh and I'm leaving for tonight. Bye.
Don't expect anything to be completed any time soon. We've got a ways to go.

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-11, 17:13   Link #21063
Heatth

Quote:
I guess I'll just write and read random fanfics to keep myself occupied until something is completed (I don't really like reading things before they're completed, I hate stopping partway). Oh and I'm leaving for tonight. Bye.
Well, something is complete. The first book is all writen. (tough I imagine it might be edited latter) I understand your feelings, tough. You will wate a lot, however.
Old 2009-11-11, 20:19   Link #21064
ShinyaKyoto

Send a message via AIM to ShinyaKyoto Send a message via Yahoo to ShinyaKyoto
I wanted to add something to Heatth 's post that an audio drama version is also being made as well with an full cast. I kind of put it on hold for awhile still I started it up again recently with chapter 6 which has about four scenes mixed already. At first, I wasn't going to make an full audio drama and only did an scene with Yuuki and Kyonko, but people liked then wanted me to do an full episode series. So, I casted the others for I have already casted the voices for the two characters I just talked about. The only people that came to me wanting to be part of was the people behind the voices of Haruhi Suzumiya and Mituusu.

Last edited by ShinyaKyoto; 2009-11-11 at 20:32.
ShinyaKyoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-11, 20:34   Link #21065
dragon4dudes
Uncountable rationality

Send a message via MSN to dragon4dudes
Quote:
So many links in the story thing. That's slightly scary...
You think that's scary? You've seen nothing yet.

-Rest of the post has been deleted.

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so. Douglas Adams
Where facts are few, experts are many. Donald R. Gannon

void foo() {foo();} // Can you guess what this line of code does?
dragon4dudes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-11, 21:00   Link #21066
Nanao-kun
ナナオーくん

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon4dudes View Post
You think that's scary? You've seen nothing yet.

-Rest of the post has been deleted.
Not being able to trust anyone is also quite frightening.
Old 2009-11-11, 22:34   Link #21067
Heatth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyaKyoto View Post
I wanted to add something to Heatth 's post that an audio drama version is also being made as well with an full cast. I kind of put it on hold for awhile still I started it up again recently with chapter 6 which has about four scenes mixed already. At first, I wasn't going to make an full audio drama and only did an scene with Yuuki and Kyonko, but people liked then wanted me to do an full episode series. So, I casted the others for I have already casted the voices for the two characters I just talked about. The only people that came to me wanting to be part of was the people behind the voices of Haruhi Suzumiya and Mituusu.
Oh yeah. I am sorry for forgeting it. It is pretty hard to me to understand that radio play, as a consequence I just don't try to and always forgot about it. I apologise.
Old 2009-11-12, 01:11   Link #21068
besieger
Fabulous Shadowy Advisor

Heatth, didn't a black out just occurred over there?!
besieger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-12, 01:20   Link #21069
Nanao-kun
ナナオーくん

Quote:
Originally Posted by besieger View Post
A black out? That sounds rather unfortunate.
Old 2009-11-12, 01:23   Link #21070
ShinyaKyoto

Send a message via AIM to ShinyaKyoto Send a message via Yahoo to ShinyaKyoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
Oh yeah. I am sorry for forgeting it. It is pretty hard to me to understand that radio play, as a consequence I just don't try to and always forgot about it. I apologise.
It's alright ... all i need is to find someone to play Kyonko's brother and that old lady for chapter 6

Quote:
Really? That sucks.
ShinyaKyoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-12, 01:51   Link #21071
Heatth

Quote:
Well, this was last night. It is alright now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HikariNiwa View Post
A black out? That sounds rather unfortunate.
Quote:
Really? That sucks.
I bet it was. It covered half of my country. The most important half, btw (including Rio de Janeiro, São Paulo and Brasília). For me, however, it was not so much. I was sleeping the whole time. The creeepy part, however, it I slept about 5 minutes before the blackout, and awaked about 5 minutes after it went back. I barelly noticed it. (I even spoke with vivify at time) For me, the worse was it burned my fan (and this is a problem, considering it is almost summer here). Also, duee to some problems with my CPU, the blackout messed up with some configurations (nothing big, tough).

In a side note, I've gone far to look for the correct speling, in english for brazilians citys. I was kinda surprised it is just the same, even tough it don't make any sense. Do you guys even know how "São" is suppose to be prononced? And speling "Brasília" with an s but "Brazil" with a z is just silly.

This, however, does not have nothing to do with the topic does it?

Quote:
It's alright ... all i need is to find someone to play Kyonko's brother and that old lady for chapter 6
I bet finding people from the more extreme ages is considerable harder. Luckly, Haruki's cast is not so diversed. The only charactes somewhat important outside the teen-young adult range are Arakawa and Otouto right? Big Mitsuuru is kinda boardline, he is not that old, but not that young either. I wonder how old he is.
Old 2009-11-12, 02:03   Link #21072
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Quote:
Big Mitsuuru is kinda boardline, he is not that old, but not that young either. I wonder how old he is.
... Classified?
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-12, 02:07   Link #21073
Heatth

Well, yeah, That is why I wonder. Actually, Small Mikuru/Mitsuuru refusing to tell in the first place probably mean they are older then they look. However, you couldn't say they are adult, as they are, obviously, still growing (unless you don't believe their Big version are actually then from far future). This would probably mean that, in future, people lives more and matures late, or just mature early.
Old 2009-11-12, 03:08   Link #21074
scify
Sometimes minor editor

Send a message via MSN to scify
Quote:
In a side note, I've gone far to look for the correct speling, in english for brazilians citys. I was kinda surprised it is just the same, even tough it don't make any sense. Do you guys even know how "São" is suppose to be prononced? And speling "Brasília" with an s but "Brazil" with a z is just silly.
Transliteration is incredibly inconsistent in English, even with the Romance languages that have been in contact with it for centuries. Semitic and a number of Asian languages are almost out of the question (I've come across at least three methods for Arabic, by the way).

I've been badgered into getting an MSN messenger account, for those who may be interested. Realize that I won't often be around to talk, though.

Umm... more edits coming at some point, though I may hold off until Kaisos is back so he can more readily answer my questions.
Shadow takes all.
scify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-12, 03:09   Link #21075
Silencian
Spontaneous Idea Producer

Send a message via MSN to Silencian
I'm not expecting anything to be completed soon (apart from the first light novel which I've read) but so long as I'm doing something interesting the interval of time doesn't matter. And I've got something interesting to do, courtesy of the random ideas this project has spawned in my brain.

I'm sure the romance languages are always written the same as they use the same alphabet, for the most part, with only a few minor differences. >_>

Last edited by Silencian; 2009-11-12 at 03:10. Reason: Adding something.
Silencian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-12, 03:15   Link #21076
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
I'm not expecting anything to be completed soon (apart from the first light novel which I've read) but so long as I'm doing something interesting the interval of time doesn't matter. And I've got something interesting to do, courtesy of the random ideas this project has spawned in my brain.
Random ideas are good. All that's needed is control of them. Half of what we've got is the result of bouncing ideas off each other then throwing them at a wall and seeing what sticks.

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-12, 03:18   Link #21077
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Don't worry, it's a lot more painful than it sounds.

Wait...
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
Old 2009-11-12, 04:02   Link #21078
Heatth

Quote:
Originally Posted by scify View Post
Transliteration is incredibly inconsistent in English, even with the Romance languages that have been in contact with it for centuries. Semitic and a number of Asian languages are almost out of the question (I've come across at least three methods for Arabic, by the way).
Well, for languages outside Europe, this is expected. It is also natural not being too much consistent with names, I guess. Nowadays it is easy to set things universally, but it wasn't aways that way, in some places someone use a rule, in another, other. As it is probably too much trouble just changing how peole spell it, I guess the most used becomes official. In portuguese it isn't much consistent either, btw. York is spelled here as Iorque, but Washington is still Washington, even tough "Washington" is harder to speech in protuguese then "York".

My confusion was mostly because the word "são" should be really hard to speak in english. Also, I tought you usually just droped any accent (like Québec becoming Quebec). Similarly, the í in Brasília might make you prononce it in the wrong way, as taht accent don't work in like it works in french. More important, however, is Brasília obviously derives from "Brasil". If you spell it as "Brazil", don't spelling Brasília as "Brazília" or "Brazilia" is just silly.

Quote:
So, lets us hear them. Kaisos was banned anyway, so, unless Binjovi post something, we don't have any major topic right now.
Old 2009-11-12, 05:01   Link #21079
besieger
Fabulous Shadowy Advisor

Quote:
My confusion was mostly because the word "são" should be really hard to speak in english. Also, I tought you usually just droped any accent (like Québec becoming Quebec). Similarly, the í in Brasília might make you prononce it in the wrong way, as taht accent don't work in like it works in french. More important, however, is Brasília obviously derives from "Brasil". If you spell it as "Brazil", don't spelling Brasília as "Brazília" or "Brazilia" is just silly.
Psh. I have more fun watching you people trying to pronounce Chinese because they are WAY more off than English speaking "são" or Québecois. Seriously, you guys have NO idea.

Quote:
So, lets us hear them. Kaisos was banned anyway, so, unless Binjovi post something, we don't have any major topic right now.
Really? AGAIN?!
besieger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-12, 05:08   Link #21080
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Spoiler policy violation.

Tags
genderbender, seitenkan