AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-20, 17:10   Link #41
DaBackpack
Blick Winkel

I just thought of something very interesting.

In this screenshot:
Spoiler for Big picture:

Battler seems to try to grope Shannon. Do you think this means that the characters have special moves versus certain other characters? Or are we going to be able to see Battler groping Ronove? O_o

I'm hoping for the former.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2010-11-20 at 17:21. Reason: please no. even in spoiler tags, lets avoir a spoiler festival here.
Old 2010-11-20, 17:19   Link #42
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
A character's canon strength means nothing in fighting games... Rosa could be top tier...
Exactly, otherwise Arcueid would just be the -atrociously tier 0- along with Nero Chaos (unless you count her Shinso Hime form from Actress Again).

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
Battler seems to try to grope Shannon. Do you think this means that the characters have special moves versus certain other characters? Or are we going to be able to see Battler groping Ronove? O_o
It is very likely that if the opponent is female, you can activate this special move.
Old 2010-11-20, 17:22   Link #43
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Specials against specific characters is a little complicated, and locking out certain attacks based on the opponent is quite unreasonable. Though the visual effects changing depending on who the opponent is sounds a little more reasonable, since while the attack looks different, it could have the exact same output.

Also it's looking like the game will have 2 on 2 tag-in fights a-la Tatsunoko VS Capcom.

Last edited by SilverSyko; 2010-11-20 at 17:37.
Old 2010-11-20, 17:23   Link #44
catastrophe8
Self Proclaimed Detective

Quote:
I just thought of something very interesting.

In this screenshot:
Spoiler for Big picture:

I'm hoping for the former.
I hope so... or else you can make Battler grope Ronove. *hears yaoi fangirl squeel in joy*
Old 2010-11-20, 17:38   Link #45
Witch of Uncertainty

Any plans on translating this, Witch-Hunt?
Old 2010-11-20, 17:43   Link #46
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

As I stated on my twitter, it depends if we can have a hack, or better yet: actual source code.
Either way, Episode 8 is our utmost priority considering Twilight, Tsubasa and Ougon are released at the same time.
We will see if we will have enough time for the latter 2, although Ougon probably will require translation only for its story mode, assuming there is one.

And I still want to find out about "chiester" because that will definitely turn me insane if we were to correct that.
Old 2010-11-20, 17:47   Link #47
DaBackpack
Blick Winkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
As I stated on my twitter, it depends if we can have a hack, or better yet: actual source code.
Either way, Episode 8 is our utmost priority considering Twilight, Tsubasa and Ougon are released at the same time.
We will see if we will have enough time for the latter 2, although Ougon probably will require translation only for its story mode, assuming there is one.

And I still want to find out about "chiester" because that will definitely turn me insane if we were to correct that.
You don't need it translated to play it, unlike the VNs. You just have to learn the controls.

And those Japanese paperback books (the Umineko guides by that one guy) referenced the Siestas as Sister Soldiers of Siesta, not "Chiester". But then again "Virgilia" was "Walrugia" or something.
Old 2010-11-20, 17:54   Link #48
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
You don't need it translated to play it, unlike the VNs. You just have to learn the controls.
I think he was talking about the story mode... if there is one then it'd be nice to be able to understand what's going on.

Old 2010-11-20, 18:00   Link #49
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
You don't teach me anything new. Please read what I exactly mentioned: only for its story mode.
Old 2010-11-20, 18:03   Link #50
DaBackpack
Blick Winkel

Quote:
You don't teach me anything new. Please read what I exactly mentioned: only for its story mode.
I know; I was agreeing with you. I'm just saying that translating the fighting game wouldn't be as important as translating the VN because the VN cannot be understood by non-Japanese readers at all, while the fighting game CAN be enjoyed a bit without knowing Japanese.
Old 2010-11-20, 18:06   Link #51
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
Well, if it's anything like Higurashi Daybreak, I can probably get an extractor working.
Old 2010-11-20, 18:09   Link #52
LyricalAura
Dea ex Kakera

Quote:

Siesta -> Chiester -> (Win)chester?
Old 2010-11-20, 18:10   Link #53
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

That is the only explanation, but I was implying about whether or not it is the romaji Ryukishi is intending to use. It may be a bit more credible than the nakanai "wergilia" incident.
Old 2010-11-20, 18:21   Link #54
Kite22
Wielder of the Bracelet

Send a message via AIM to Kite22
This looks pretty good, but it would be even better if we could get UminekoXBlazBlue:Calamity Witch. I don't care how "impossible" it is, this is a dream I will demand be accomplished someday!
Old 2010-11-20, 19:58   Link #55
Will Wright

Quote:
That mess raises one major question though: why is it in French...?
Because French is the language of love, and love is best communicated through fists.
Old 2010-11-20, 20:17   Link #56
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

So much of the plot of Umineko could have been resolved faster through fisticuffs.

Though Battler going all MMA on Beatrice is canon I guess.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Old 2010-11-20, 20:27   Link #57
UsagiTenpura
Artist

Arguably Clair's name is also another reference to french.

... That failled french epitaph should be babel fish back in japanese and sent to Ryukishi lol...

Edit: Ah uh for those who wouldn't know clair means basically pale/bright, fitting Clair.

Last edited by UsagiTenpura; 2010-11-20 at 20:40.
Old 2010-11-20, 21:07   Link #58
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
It would be boring if it didn't have a versus mode.
Fighting game without a versus mode is not a fighting game
Anyway---I wonder how the gameplay is for this game. I mean, is it going to be fast-paced like melty blood or perhaps like GG/BB ? ;_; Well I won't hope too much this time...I guess I should try it first when it comes out later.

Old 2010-11-20, 21:13   Link #59
AlexiaCarcera

The chars I want most are probably
Spoiler for Umi 5-7 (partial patch):
Old 2010-11-20, 21:15   Link #60
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsagiTenpura View Post
Arguably Clair's name is also another reference to french.

... That failled french epitaph should be babel fish back in japanese and sent to Ryukishi lol...

Edit: Ah uh for those who wouldn't know clair means basically pale/bright, fitting Clair.
Calir's name is more likely referencing again to Dante Inferno, as the name of the last guide is Bernard of Clairvaux
Closed Thread