AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2011-01-01, 03:57   Link #20981
Mikachiru
test

So... Shkanon. It was said in red by Bern that when Kanon disappears, he's treated as dead and his master key's broken. However, the part about when Shannon dies he goes missing isn't (or something). Is there any other scene that confirms/disproves Shkanon once and for all?
Old 2011-01-01, 04:00   Link #20982
Arachanox
Trust the red.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikachiru View Post
So... Shkanon. It was said in red by Bern that when Kanon disappears, he's treated as dead and his master key's broken. However, the part about when Shannon dies he goes missing isn't (or something). Is there any other scene that confirms/disproves Shkanon once and for all?
Spoiler:
Arachanox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-01, 04:00   Link #20983
Sherringford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arachanox View Post
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Sherringford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-01, 04:02   Link #20984
Arachanox
Trust the red.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherringford View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

edit: inb4 "Is Lambda a cake, is Bern a cat." I don't know, sorry.
edit2: I would also like to remind people that my ideas on things come from me reading /jp/ for the past day and cross-examining it with my own playing of the game. So on easy matters (is X in the game?) I can easily verify or debunk, but on more content related questions (what does the ending mean?) I am not so sure.
edit3: I obtained all coins, and no new options have appeared in the title, in TIPS, or in the music box. I doubt the existence of a secret end (however much I wish for it), but it might be hidden away in some other file or deep in the game's code.
Old 2011-01-01, 04:07   Link #20985
Mikachiru
test

Quote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Old 2011-01-01, 04:10   Link #20986
Arachanox
Trust the red.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikachiru View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2011-01-01, 04:21   Link #20987
Used Can

Quote:
Spoiler:
That's rather wrong, I think.

Spoiler:
Old 2011-01-01, 04:22   Link #20988
Arachanox
Trust the red.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
That's rather wrong, I think.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2011-01-01, 04:53   Link #20989
Iromaru

So what was the point of all those Higurashi references, Bern's and Lambda's backstories and their logic errors, their characterization, Bern's letters and Lambda's diary, etc. All this took a significant part of Umineko yet it was all just some stupid fiction with no meaning? I can't accept it.

And how is that ending bittersweet? The few who survived lived terrible and empty lives with no meaning but it's all okay since everybody was happy in the end, inside Battler's head...

Not to mention Ryu was ranting about love and trust between authors and readers all the time.
Iromaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-01, 04:53   Link #20990
imbehindyou
turn around...

Thank God for AGTH. Anyways...

That was very long. Took me 10+ hours to get through just the main part. Being a closure, it was nice to see almost all the characters come back. Especially nice seeing Leon and Will again. As for the story, personally I haven't been focusing on the mystery/solve for answer deal and was just enjoying the story, so I'm not having big complaints about ep 8. Got pretty much what I wanted, that is, characters being epic. My two favorite characters Lambda and Eva both got awesomely nice portrayal here so yay.

Spoiler for near the end:

Arachanox, so when you played not-100%, you didn't answer Rudolf/Kyrie quiz correctly?

yuuki kanade @ fortune arterial
imbehindyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-01, 04:59   Link #20991
imbehindyou
turn around...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
At what point exactly do you need to have the coins you gathered and start getting the bonus scenes?

Anyway I'm gonna start posting my notes on my blog as a whole rather than in bits, aside from this thread, for anyone who wants references.
Spoiler:

edit: oh. so it's only Rudolf/Kyrie's one that gets cut? weird.

Old 2011-01-01, 05:02   Link #20992
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by imbehindyou View Post
Spoiler:

Does AGTH pick up the text of the quizzes? I preemptively borrowed my friend's optical character reader so I can translated them myself.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-01, 05:02   Link #20993
Arachanox
Trust the red.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imbehindyou View Post
Spoiler:

This makes sense. Many different characters gave out different quizzes, and I do recall there sometimes being side-discussions that appeared to have nothing to do with entertaining little Ange.

Hence, I currently think that right answer = bonus clue.
Old 2011-01-01, 05:04   Link #20994
imbehindyou
turn around...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Does AGTH pick up the text of the quizzes? I preemptively borrowed my friend's optical character reader so I can translated them myself.
No. AGTH didn't just like character descriptions and tips.
Spoiler for later in ep 8:

Old 2011-01-01, 05:06   Link #20995
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Oh well. I have an OCR so I can do it myself then.
Old 2011-01-01, 05:15   Link #20996
ferthepoet

so do we get any specific solutions to the first four games, logic error, meaning of gold text, don't need to know what they are but have a hard time believing ep 8 can be any good without providing any answers
ferthepoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-01, 05:19   Link #20997
Arachanox
Trust the red.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferthepoet View Post
so do we get any specific solutions to the first four games, logic error, meaning of gold text, don't need to know what they are but have a hard time believing ep 8 can be any good without providing any answers
But...we already practically know all of that. Again, Ryukishi is not going to give us some of the answers straight-up. We have more than enough to speculate on the solutions to the first four games and the gold text and such. We might not ever get a confirmation from Ryukishi saying "congratulations, you were so correct!", but I don't need one.

Shut up the specific answers inside the cat box and speculate for yourself. Determine your own solution for Umineko and reconcile it with what is shown ^^
Old 2011-01-01, 05:21   Link #20998
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Consider one of the points R07 has been making since day 1:

That no one, not even us, may never know the absolute and undeniable truth, because no one who was there is left to say what is right and what is wrong. The truth lies in your own interpretation who what we DO know is true.
Old 2011-01-01, 05:23   Link #20999
ferthepoet

well hopefuly I'll be pleasently surprised a couple months from now when english patch is released and I can read ep 8 but as of right now I feel cheated
ferthepoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-01, 05:24   Link #21000
Arachanox
Trust the red.

I will admit my feelings for the ??? are mixed, but I know I haven't read the real thing in plain English yet. Even still, the talk about what it is truly about is a bit unsettling - but even if those rumors are true, I think I can still accept it as the truth.

And what an unexpected truth it is.

edit: @fer: Ryukishi said the mystery was done in EP7. A lot of the people who 'feel cheated' and are raging in general either had the wrong expectations or are just going on false-rumor-fueled ragetrips (specifically /jp/).