AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2011-06-09, 23:30   Link #941
sharingan0619

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
If I'm right, I think it was the end of Gil's path in Fate/Unlimited Codes.
oh wow,
so in other words, u beat the game with him, he gets to have his way and he makes saber drink the mud. Does it turn her dark or something? What happens after that?
sharingan0619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-10, 08:09   Link #942
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharingan0619 View Post
oh wow,
so in other words, u beat the game with him, he gets to have his way and he makes saber drink the mud. Does it turn her dark or something? What happens after that?
It corrupts her into Saber Alter. So, from that, it's safe to assume that even if Shirou had made her drink from the Holy Grail, she still would have been corrupted. So she was pretty much screwed either way.
Old 2011-08-17, 13:43   Link #943
Ragna92

Well the anime was good enough to make me play the game. Which was a million times better then the anime.
Ragna92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 19:25   Link #944
watanou

After watching Fate/zero, or at least half of it, i decided to pick this up. First thing I noticed is how much better the prequel is in almost all aspects. They've done alot of things right in Zero which they failed here. But let's not get into that.

Fate/night is a mixed bag. I enjoyed it to some extent. The biggest annoyance by far is the main character. Therefore i can't enjoy the series to it's fullest as he is just always there. I understand his part in this story i just wished they would have made him different. The premise is exciting. There is just so much right with the whole Fate /world. It could really be something epic if executed right, instead it is ambivalent. Still it touched me somewhere in my empty soul and i think it did to many people so they got that part right.

Just one thing...Sakura's brother got killed and the next day she cooks and smiles as if nothing happened. She did got sad for a second but it seems it was for a different reason.
watanou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 20:21   Link #945
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by watanou View Post
Just one thing...Sakura's brother got killed and the next day she cooks and smiles as if nothing happened. She did got sad for a second but it seems it was for a different reason.
Believe that was an anime only thing so they could do their little Caster/Sakura arc. In the game, I believe Rin kicked her out of the house early on in the war and you didn't see her again until the epilogue.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 16:46   Link #946
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
After watching Fate/zero, or at least half of it, i decided to pick this up. First thing I noticed is how much better the prequel is in almost all aspects. They've done alot of things right in Zero which they failed here. But let's not get into that.
Well, yes, because the FSN anime is done by Deen. Read the visual novel, it's a lot better.

Quote:
The biggest annoyance by far is the main character. Therefore i can't enjoy the series to it's fullest as he is just always there. I understand his part in this story i just wished they would have made him different.
That's because the anime does a very poor job of portraying him. The visual novel makes him seem a hell of a lot less stupid, and also explores the issues with his ideal far better.

Quote:
The premise is exciting. There is just so much right with the whole Fate /world. It could really be something epic if executed right, instead it is ambivalent. Still it touched me somewhere in my empty soul and i think it did to many people so they got that part right.
Read the visual novel. It has the same setting, but is actually well-executed....

Quote:
You did watch Zero, right...?

But, aside from that, it's another case of Deen screwing things up. The VN makes her sadness at his death a lot more obvious. Although, then again, smiling through sadness isn't exactly something Sakura finds hard....
Cherry_Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 16:28   Link #947
Krytonis
Koomi-kun~
*Graphic Designer

I just finished Fate/Stay Night. (yes, im slow) however, I don't know what to watch next!:
Fate/Stay Night the Movie
Fate/ Zero
Fate/ Prototype OVA

Overall: I loved the anime and I loved Saber and Rin!
Old 2012-01-16, 16:35   Link #948
Cherry_Lover

Before you do any of those, play the FSN Visual Novel....
Cherry_Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 17:09   Link #949
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koominator View Post
I just finished Fate/Stay Night. (yes, im slow) however, I don't know what to watch next!:
Fate/Stay Night the Movie
Fate/ Zero
Fate/ Prototype OVA

Overall: I loved the anime and I loved Saber and Rin!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry_Lover View Post
Before you do any of those, play the FSN Visual Novel....
I second this.

The Fate/Stay Night anime and movie are bad adaptions and leave many important things out of it.

Fate/Zero will be more enjoyably if you know more of about the characters and events of FSN (visual novel).

Fate/Prototype OVA is different enough from FSN to see whenever ever you want, without getting spoiled.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 17:13   Link #950
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Third that...
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 17:34   Link #951
Krytonis
Koomi-kun~
*Graphic Designer

So the visual novel is basically a game that shows the same storyline as from the anime but with a bit more detail without any actual fighting with you controlling it? So it's just a text with animated picture slideshow? Something like that?
Old 2012-01-16, 17:59   Link #952
Ringil

Quote:
So the visual novel is basically a game that shows the same storyline as from the anime but with a bit more detail without any actual fighting with you controlling it? So it's just a text with animated picture slideshow? Something like that?
It has music too , but that pretty much is it. (Although it may be important to note that the anime took parts from all the routes of the VN, so the storyline is a little bit different)
Ringil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 17:59   Link #953
GDB

Imagine reading a book with an image to go with every scene (even if it's just a background, or background with a character avatar on it, though there's a lot of CGs). Add audio (vocals and BGM). That's what a Visual Novel is. It also has three routes, plus I think about 40 "Bad Ends" which actually give a good amount of characterization, as well as the awesomeness that is Tiger Dojo.

And yes, it has far more detail than the anime.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 19:01   Link #954
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Here is an example of what to expect:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BA-3vWjVvs8&

It's the beginning of a let's play of Fate/Stay Night.

There is one more big difference between the visual novel and the anime. The visual novel tells a branching story and the anime a linear. Every so often you get a choice and depending on the choice you make you will get to see a different part of the story.

Last edited by chaos_alfa; 2012-01-17 at 11:20.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 23:00   Link #955
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Yup, the only visual novels I've ever played are Fate and Tsukihime, both because people kept telling me the anime was a poor adaption (and in both cases I had liked the anime to begin with). They were very enjoyable. I'd even be open to more visual novels, but they are too time consuming nowadays
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 05:35   Link #956
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
So the visual novel is basically a game that shows the same storyline as from the anime?
There are three routes in the game. The anime only adapts the very first one whilst taking a few plot details from the second and third one. Really you've only seen a third of the actual story. The next two routes are very different and are important in understanding the true story behind everything that's actually going on.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 11:01   Link #957
mAc Chaos
King of Heroes

The anime is based on the game. It's like how certain movies are based on books. Like Harry Potter. But they have to leave a lot of stuff out to make it fit.
mAc Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-13, 09:13   Link #958
crismonalex
Otaku

Quote:
The biggest annoyance by far is the main character. Therefore i can't enjoy the series to it's fullest as he is just always there. I understand his part in this story i just wished they would have made him different.
I'm sorry to ask, but what did you dislike about the main character? I'm having trouble figuring out why he's almost universaly hated. To me he was a really selfless guy who couldn't stand others suffering and he did his very best to avoid that... And people call him an idiot and sexist.

To be honest, he could avoid being in danger so often if he had more common sense but i guess that's just the way he is, manly and stuborn. A hero of justice I guess.

Who doesn't love anime?
crismonalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-13, 10:08   Link #959
Seib9

Quote:
Originally Posted by crismonalex View Post
I'm sorry to ask, but what did you dislike about the main character? I'm having trouble figuring out why he's almost universaly hated. To me he was a really selfless guy who couldn't stand others suffering and he did his very best to avoid that... And people call him an idiot and sexist.

To be honest, he could avoid being in danger so often if he had more common sense but i guess that's just the way he is, manly and stuborn. A hero of justice I guess.
Sometimes is hard to get over a thing, the anime left a lot of people with very bad impressions about him, maybe Fate route fix it a little because it's actually explains his character, which is something I don't remember about the anime.
Still, I don't like Shirou at all, it doesn't matter how much I try I just can't, but being likeable or not doesn't change the facts that he is a very good protagonist, he has a defined personality and a good development, and pretty cool powers.

Saber throw herself deliberately at danger, does that make Saber manly?
Seib9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-13, 14:07   Link #960
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seib9 View Post
Sometimes is hard to get over a thing, the anime left a lot of people with very bad impressions about him, maybe Fate route fix it a little because it's actually explains his character, which is something I don't remember about the anime.
Still, I don't like Shirou at all, it doesn't matter how much I try I just can't, but being likeable or not doesn't change the facts that he is a very good protagonist, he has a defined personality and a good development, and pretty cool powers.

Saber throw herself deliberately at danger, does that make Saber manly?
Fate route had a badly written Shirou and even the creator Nasu realized it. The issue with him is sadly built into the route because they felt they had to keep reminding us through Shirou that King Arthur is a girl with all of Shirou's "Girls shouldn't fight" in order to make the romance work. Shirou really doesn't get developed properly in Fate like he does in UBW and HF.