AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-04-16, 12:26   Link #81
ntherblast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mists View Post
Wow...I can't believe it ended. But at the same time I can't believe it lasted as long as it did. I think the ratings is correlated to the quality of the story. I wonder if Kubo will do anything after Bleach. It was so fresh in the beginning and awesome...then it felt kind of lazy...no offense to anyone, I'm not trying to troll.
Yup I agree after the first arc soul society arc I think? After that it jsut went downhill even though I don't think it was such a good idea to introduce so many captains/vice captains during the arc but w/e
Old 2012-04-24, 16:51   Link #82
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Surprised it took this long to be honest, Bleach had outstayed it's welcome for a long time. Even in the anime. A friend of mine will be very disappointed considering he only follows the anime.
Old 2012-04-25, 14:38   Link #83
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
So, its finally over. *sigh* how many times has it been said already - It would've been so much better if Bleach had gone out with a bang(the Aizen showdown). Instead, it goes out like an old man who's lived too many years for his own good, when nobody but his family members care if he's dead or alive.
Well said, couldn't of put it better myself after the Aizen showdown it felt strange to continue. Bleach will be missed
Old 2012-04-26, 12:40   Link #84
Simon_Lord

Send a message via MSN to Simon_Lord
im still waiting for my Ukitake and Kyoraku animated bankai fight...
Old 2012-04-29, 14:59   Link #85
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

the ending was quite disappointing ,i mean they left so many things incomplete
like bankai of some characters like yamamoto,ukitake and kyoraku
and i really wanted to see urahara's bankai
they even left aizen's thing incomplete
the last arc was just a time pass arc to get ichigo's powers back somehow so that he is happy at the end

well, the series was the best in first arc and through out the arrancar saga

i'll just see now how the manga ends
Old 2012-04-30, 22:57   Link #86
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Oh? Bleach finally came to a conclusion? This was not to be expected at all.. I should catch up and see how it ends.
Old 2012-05-08, 19:50   Link #87
X207
Gamyūsa

this is news to me. ive had little interest in the xecution arc to begin with from the manga and anime so i didnt bother checking on the anime status. imo hell has officially frozen over. i never thought theyd get to this point but it looks like dragging your feet for a few years with countless fillers will do such a thing. im glad its finished but id have loved to see the new arc aired to see more of Nel tu and friends around. i'll watch the last 2 eps soon enough of Bleach.

how is Naruto Shippuuden doing in ratings? i know they're fond of countless fillers like Bleach. i have a question regarding how the series has performed in regards to arc and fillers for the episodes. would Bleach have done as well as Gintama has done so far by avoiding lengthy fillers and sticking to the actual manga arcs?
Old 2012-05-08, 21:25   Link #88
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
how is Naruto Shippuuden doing in ratings? i know they're fond of countless fillers like Bleach.
I don't know how Naruto's ratings are doing exactly. However, last time I checked, they weren't doing nearly as bad as Bleach's were.

Quote:
i have a question regarding how the series has performed in regards to arc and fillers for the episodes. would Bleach have done as well as Gintama has done so far by avoiding lengthy fillers and sticking to the actual manga arcs?
Perhaps it would've done a little better. But to be honest, Bleach's ratings likely fell because even it's canon content couldn't keep long time viewers. I bring this point up a lot, but its a valid point nonetheless--that being even the final episodes of the arrancar saga didn't do very well. In other words, the climactic conclusion of canon content that took literally years to build up to, couldn't pull in solid ratings. And while this particular forum most definitely isn't a reflection of how the entire Bleach fanbase feels, it got to a point where plenty of us here were looking forward to Bleach's filler episodes more so than the canon episodes. So I wouldn't be surprised if this general disinterest with the main plot was shared by many others.

Anyways, I'm not too familiar with Gintama. However, I will say that if fillers haven't killed Naruto, then it can't be blamed for killing Bleach. Especially because Bleach filler arcs in general were a lot more entertaining than Naruto's filler. Despite how many people may dislike Naruto's plot, the fact of the matter is its able to keep viewers because it's source material has remained strong enough for the fans that follow it. So if the canon material remains solid, fans (both anime-only and manga followers) will continue to endure filler for the sake of seeing canon content animated.
Old 2012-05-09, 00:46   Link #89
X207
Gamyūsa

id agree that the bleach cannon has gotten weak over time. the xecution arc namely but the bounto arcs were aslo subject to this. i actually likes the arrancar arc very much both halves of it. i didnt appreciate a redo very much because that mentally ill arrancar brought them back to the point the vizards needed to do the final blow. the Vizard part of that arc was intersting nonetheless.

im actually surprised Naruto is still doing well fillers and all. imo their fillers are weaker than Bleach. the Naruto fillers just seem much more absurd to me i cant say ive see all Naruto epps but i only watch 2 seasons worth of fillers before getting fed up. even now i skim the fillers for 1 minute to search for intersting sections. i havent found such scenes much at all,.some of the bijuu/jinchuruki backgrounds were easy enough to enjoy once they got the the point where they clarified that it was slosely tied to canon.

i wouldnt be surprised if Naruto ends up like Bleach if the producers try to drag the series on long enough. i much prefer Gintama to both Bleach and Naruto by a far margin. Gintama has aired 252 episodes and as far as i know they have 1 filler ep. it may have been a pain in the bum that they aired the series over such a long time but they never got ahead of the canon plot. whenever they didnt have enough canon material they stopped airing the episodes until there was enough for a season or 2. the Gintama series is very good and i think it wouldve suffered if they didnt wait for more manga plot. i cant say how much it wouldve suffered but the fans wouldve dealt with it much like Naruto and Bleach did. its a ridiculous series to follow plot wise as its seemingly random and absurd but there are even limits to absurdity had that been the case.

imo Gintama method to arrange the ep plot is the best model by far. i dont have anything in particular against filler ep but it gets mighty old/boring when you devote 1-2 full season or even half seasons to marginally interesting filler. i very much like Naruto and Bleach for its canon but the fillers not so much.
Old 2012-05-09, 22:32   Link #90
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonopo View Post
noees.. just when i was starting to pick up where i left.. i face the last episode o,o maybe try manga?..
look at it his way, atleast you wont need to watch many eps to catch up.
Old 2012-05-09, 22:34   Link #91
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Wow, one of the big three ends... truly breath taking.
Old 2012-05-10, 12:19   Link #92
X207
Gamyūsa

i hope the manga ends on a highnote when its due, not to be tossed off the side of the road when the situations gets dismal. i do like for the manga to deal/explore the realm Aizen was trying to reach.
Old 2012-05-10, 13:29   Link #93
Frozen_Angel
Gothy Lesbian from Hell

Does anyone know if this is true or not, if it is then we can at least know it will be back for sure.

Old 2012-05-10, 15:11   Link #94
sayde

^^I think that was probably with regards to the manga--not the anime. Something tells me that continuing the anime is something that's out of Kubo's hands.
Old 2012-05-10, 18:26   Link #95
tera_ha

Naruto > Bleach. May be not 1000X better but still better. Naruto Shippuden has currently entered an arc which might be the best that show has to offer so don't miss it .
Old 2012-05-10, 19:23   Link #96
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
^^I think that was probably with regards to the manga--not the anime. Something tells me that continuing the anime is something that's out of Kubo's hands.
i dont think it puts the anime out of luck just yet. theres a slim chance it can comeback if they deem a sufficient audience. if thats the case i hope fillers are gone for good.
Old 2012-05-10, 19:41   Link #97
sayde

Quote:
i dont think it puts the anime out of luck just yet.
I agree. I was just stating that the Kubo interview in question probably was intended for the manga and therefore, can't be used to confirm that the anime is "returning for another arc" next year.
Old 2012-05-12, 11:28   Link #98
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

"I will try to deliver another arc."

That's not a choice of words I want to hear with such uncertainty.
Old 2012-05-30, 15:00   Link #99
Chiisai Kuma
*Artist

was quite happy to see Monty Oum,(worked on afro samurai) lead animator for Rooter Teeth's "Red vs Blue" finally poked his head out his office today and found out bleach anime ended, good to know one of my favourite animators is a fan of the series :3

sig made by the wonderful Godlike1889
http://forums.animesuki.com/member.php?u=80506
Old 2012-08-31, 23:58   Link #100
DragonHeartKid
"Plot"

^^^ Love your avatar!