AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-02-05, 18:37   Link #1621
Lummie

Kinda keeps getting worse

Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-05, 19:20   Link #1622
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

^True Story...damn I think it went like this.

Xbox - where's our money?
NT - Oh apologies will send you the check right away
Xbox - *receives money* copy paste review, 9/10

Makes me sick.

Patch.

Rumored Bloody Palace is not yet in the patch.

Quote:
Those of you playing the PC version of DmC Devil May Cry may have noticed that Steam recently dropped a patch tweaking a few elements in the game. Mostly it was just to mend a few outstanding bugs, but serious players will be interested to know there have also been a few tweaks affecting gameplay. Hit the jump for a list of the most major changes that have taken effect in this update, including the ones affecting gameplay.

Game Balance
-Demon evade provides less of a damage and style boost.
-Evades have a shorter invulnerability window.
-Green orbs no longer spawn procedurally when Dante's health is already high. He must now have less than 1/2 his HP for them to spawn.
-SSS and SS ranks will now decay back down to S rank with inactivity.
-Weakest enemies now do more damage.
-You can no longer climb infinitely using Fireworks.

Gameplay
-Mission 20: Vergil health reset bug fixed.
-Secret Missions: Quitting Secret Missions in the middle of a falling attack no longer impairs camera movement.

Controls
-Entering Angel or Demon mode in the same frame as pressing an attack button will now apply that mode to the attack.

UI
-Refresh rate now correctly displays current value.

Sound
-Sound bug during Kicker move when game is running at 75+ FPS has been addressed.
Edit:

Nice patch. One DT it kills a boss..... =_=

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

SSS rank and Wow Vergil!!! meh....

YouTube
Old 2013-02-05, 19:29   Link #1623
holybell84

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
^True Story...damn I think it went like this.

Xbox - where's our money?
NT - Oh apologies will send you the check right away
Xbox - *receives money* copy paste review, 9/10

Makes me sick.

Patch.

Rumored Bloody Palace is not yet in the patch.

Edit:

Nice patch. One DT it kills a boss..... =_=

YouTube

SSS rank and Wow Vergil!!! meh....

YouTube
The DT in this game seriously boost ur dmg to the point that it kinda shorten a lot of fights too much.....

Last night at the hunter's fight, i encountered another bug..... After the boss recovered from its first stun state without going to the second one where it lies on the floor and launching 1 or 2 attacks, it just stood still there for the rest of the game.... becoming a combo-practicing target with a life bar...... seriously one of the easiest boss fight even of SoS difficulty.
Old 2013-02-05, 19:31   Link #1624
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

^
One HIT KILL TO A BOSS?! NT's gotta be kidding me.

Here's another proof SSS will be spoon fed.

Spoiler for SSS with ALOT of deaths:
Old 2013-02-05, 20:40   Link #1625
Celestia Ludenberg
Ultimate Gambler

http://imgur.com/tkCtGZh

I feel ill, but what's new after reading these? They all sound the same, yet there's always one little thing each journalist says differently to the other.

DMC's gameplay as a series is really old and outdated and Dark Gothic Castles aren't cool anymore according to that article.
Celestia Ludenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-05, 20:44   Link #1626
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionette Cherry View Post

I feel ill, but what's new after reading these? They all sound the same, yet there's always one little thing each journalist says differently to the other.

DMC's gameplay as a series is really old and outdated and Dark Gothic Castles aren't cool anymore according to that article.
It's not worth following these things anymore, you'll just end up hurting yourself
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-05, 21:55   Link #1627
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Quote:

The Gaming Media is SOLD

Seriously, I miss when magazines like EGM were good and knew the fans' feelings.
Old 2013-02-05, 22:02   Link #1628
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:

It's the same thing over and over again the past freaking 3 years since 2010, "My Name is Donte" trailer.

Wonder if this was the reason why gamestop is closing 500 stores.

YouTube
Old 2013-02-06, 01:35   Link #1629
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Is there any article on Keiji Inafune talking about DmC westernization? As in really talking about whether his philosophy was correctly implemented or not.

Also, should we just end DMC?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-06, 02:43   Link #1630
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tong View Post
Seriously, I miss when magazines like EGM were good and knew the fans' feelings.
You must be joking. Perhaps, way at the beginning, it was. A bit. But EGM and other industry magazines were every bit as much a part of the industry PR as the internet media is today. Yeah there's a few good articles and reviews sometimes, and the bright eyed newbie to the scene will probably be more critical (fairly or not) than the veteran, but games journalism has been a joke since the 90's and it isn't going to change anytime soon.

But that's not a bad thing. The problem is people can't seem to get over their own opinions. Is DmC a bad game? No, it's not. It's beautiful, plays well, and controls great. But will you like the changes? Maybe, maybe not. That's your choice as a consumer to make, and if you read more than one review it's not that hard to spot the pros and cons given for the game.

The thing about reboots is that they are hit and miss. Sometimes they improve the original, sometimes they don't. There's always going to be someone who waxes nostalgia at how awesome the older stuff is, and there's always going to be someone chomping at the bit for anything new. Tomb Raider and Hitman are good examples of this bitter feud between the old and new.

But there's also the bigger problem in journalism in that it reflects the hardcore audience it markets to. It promotes and hypes the next big thing, it downplays anything that can't be sensationalized, and whatever the current trend is, it divides between the "I love it" and "I miss the old stuff".

Is Nintendo doomed? Is the Wii U a last gen system? Of course not, but the echo chamber that is retarded internet journalism which feeds off of retarded internet posters would make anyone think that any minute now your shiny Nintendo system will explode in flames from "last gen syndrome" and Nintendo will suddenly say fuck it and start making IOS games. Right.

Maybe instead of getting pissed that DmC is a polarizing reboot, people should be wondering how games can sell over a million copies, or systems can sell over a million in month, and still be considered abject failures. Maybe if developers weren't so busy chasing "supah h-dee grafx" with zillion dollar budget focus group approved diarrhea that has left a massive graveyard of dead studios in just the last decade, and reconsidered this hellbent path of lemming cliff jumping that is cratering the industry, we'd have better things to expect from developers besides yet another dudebro game.
Old 2013-02-06, 02:47   Link #1631
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Agreed. Less graphics if it means better gameplay. Not down back to 8 bit though
Old 2013-02-06, 02:51   Link #1632
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
Maybe instead of getting pissed that DmC is a polarizing reboot, people should be wondering how games can sell over a million copies, or systems can sell over a million in month, and still be considered abject failures.
How about being pissed that the gaming journalists see it fit to constantly blame and demonized the consumers for a game's 'failure'?
Old 2013-02-06, 05:08   Link #1633
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
How about being pissed that the gaming journalists see it fit to constantly blame and demonized the consumers for a game's 'failure'?
No argument there. But that's part of the unprofessional PR that is major games journalism. And developer ego trips. Sort of like those directors who claim they'll quit if their anime doesn't get big sales. Adults can be awfully childlike, in the worst of ways.

The reaction from the gaming community isn't much better, to be honest. Some of the condemnation for DmC (and so many other things) is amazingly strong. You'd think the developers literally showed up one day and pissed in their cornflakes. It's like, "Really? It's just a damn video game".

Although I will admit, without these things, the industry would be so boring.
Old 2013-02-06, 05:40   Link #1634
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
No argument there. But that's part of the unprofessional PR that is major games journalism. And developer ego trips. Sort of like those directors who claim they'll quit if their anime doesn't get big sales. Adults can be awfully childlike, in the worst of ways.
I don't know about you, but I tend to not so easily forgive or forget people who mocks me and then magically expects me to buy their product and have the gall to blame me for not doing so.

Quote:
The reaction from the gaming community isn't much better, to be honest. Some of the condemnation for DmC (and so many other things) is amazingly strong. You'd think the developers literally showed up one day and pissed in their cornflakes. It's like, "Really? It's just a damn video game".
Death threats and the likes are never supported by majorities; however since this is how Ninja Theory choose to 'promote' their game with hate and animosity, is the community really to blame for paying them back in kind?

They have more to lose than us anyway.

Compare this game with Metal Gear Rising- Despite both having drastic changes to a well-loved series, only DmC is the one that gets all this bad blood while Rising only have a minimum/normal number of protest.
Old 2013-02-06, 06:14   Link #1635
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

If this game came out after DMC1, then I'd say it's a good game, but time passed, and the standard is raised accordingly, I can hardly say this is a good game when there are much better one.
Old 2013-02-06, 06:21   Link #1636
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I don't know about you, but I tend to not so easily forgive or forget people who mocks me and then magically expects me to buy their product and have the gall to blame me for not doing so.
I don't own DmC. That should say something, I hope. I don't like to reward companies who don't treat their fans respectfully.

Quote:
Death threats and the likes are never supported by majorities; however since this is how Ninja Theory choose to 'promote' their game with hate and animosity, is the community really to blame for paying them back in kind?

They have more to lose than us anyway.
True, but they do it because they can get away with it. If journalists rejected that crap just like us fans do, they'd knock if off pretty quick. It's like when a major media doesn't call out a politician for lying. What's the politician going to do next time? Lie again!

Fear of not having access is the problem. The gaming media won't dare criticize unless it's just too good to pass up, meaning they don't have to worry about losing access if they talk about it.

I don't blame gamers for their anger, but I do blame them acting offended and then buying the product anyway. If it bothers them that much, and they're willing to support such industry egos by purchasing the product, then there's no reason for companies like NT to stop blaming gamers for their problems.

We are lumping people together a bit though. Not everyone is like how we're talking. But I was certainly sad to see people mocking the Nintendo president for apologizing for company failures, when you have people from Ninja Theory blaming gamers for being haters. One is taking responsibility, and the other is passing the blame. Hardly seems fair to treat both so harshly when one is clearly more offensive than the other.

Quote:
Compare this game with Metal Gear Rising- Despite both having drastic changes to a well-loved series, only DmC is the one that gets all this bad blood while Rising only have a minimum/normal number of protest.
To be fair though, Metal Gear is a far more popular franchise, and Rising isn't a reboot of the main series. If DmC was a spinoff, people would have been more lenient I think.
Old 2013-02-06, 07:42   Link #1637
defki

Quote:

To be fair though, Metal Gear is a far more popular franchise, and Rising isn't a reboot of the main series. If DmC was a spinoff, people would have been more lenient I think.
Nothing to do with being a spin-off. It's the difference in PR. Konami has said from the beginning that Rising was an experiment. It was an answer for people who wanted to play as Raiden and a try to do something new. They said that this is NOT going to replace the Solid series and will not take away resourced from developing MGS. And Platinum also were quite unlike NT. The delivered their videos and screenshots and let Konami handle the PR.

For the fans that threw a hissy fit Konami had the answer with Ground Zeroes. No one lost something. "Don't like MGR? Well here you have Ground Zeroes."

MG fans had absolute no reason to fear the replacement or death of their series unlike OG DMC.

No one insulted the fans, antagonized them and no one spew PR bullshit. Hence the vocal outrage was small. If you look at Youtube and Facebook you see that there are a lot of people who have a problem with the game. But no reason to scream.
defki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-06, 10:06   Link #1638
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Itsuno describes working with Ninja Theory.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/1/30/393...ja-theory-that

Is it just me, or is there a slight blame-game going on underneath all that politeness?
Old 2013-02-06, 10:20   Link #1639
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Am I the only one who enjoyed DMC3's story a lot? and I mean a lot?
Old 2013-02-06, 13:26   Link #1640
Lummie

Quote:
Originally Posted by holybell84 View Post
The DT in this game seriously boost ur dmg to the point that it kinda shorten a lot of fights too much.....

Last night at the hunter's fight, i encountered another bug..... After the boss recovered from its first stun state without going to the second one where it lies on the floor and launching 1 or 2 attacks, it just stood still there for the rest of the game.... becoming a combo-practicing target with a life bar...... seriously one of the easiest boss fight even of SoS difficulty.
I had something simular with a boss fight. The first time when I was fighting Mundus junior, I was unsure where to slash so I stood behind him slashing at the leg that appeared to be the most unstable. I kept going and he didn't attack me at all, he just... stood there. Then it started to teleport and I went again behind on the same leg and still nothing happened, I think I encountered some bug.
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote