AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2013-02-11, 23:53   Link #1
Mistressy
Maximum High Powered Wub
*Graphic Designer

A anime that is complete and udor badass, with a hint of sexy in it.

Looking for an anime with badass scenes, and sexy parts that will destroy my boredom. Any recommondations?
Mistressy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-12, 00:40   Link #2
GreatTeacherKen

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann- A great mecha series with a lot of over the top and awesome mecha battles. Virtually every character in the series can be considered some degree of badass. If you like the TV series, check out the movie retellings as well since they add additional footage and the second movie Lagann-hen's take on the final battle of the series is even better than the original. In terms of sexiness, Yoko provides plenty of that.

Redline- A car racing action movie with really good animation and also has a cast full of badasses. The female characters are pretty sexy as well and the female lead gets a brief topless scene.
GreatTeacherKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-12, 07:59   Link #3
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Katanagatari

Maybe Full Metal Panic if comedy is okay.

...Neon Genesis Evangelion? After all, Misato always promises "Service, Service, Service" every episode.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-12, 08:44   Link #4
Mistressy
Maximum High Powered Wub
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatTeacherKen View Post
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann- A great mecha series with a lot of over the top and awesome mecha battles. Virtually every character in the series can be considered some degree of badass. If you like the TV series, check out the movie retellings as well since they add additional footage and the second movie Lagann-hen's take on the final battle of the series is even better than the original. In terms of sexiness, Yoko provides plenty of that.
Redline- A car racing action movie with really good animation and also has a cast full of badasses. The female characters are pretty sexy as well and the female lead gets a brief topless scene.
Thank you for you suggestions. I actually heard about Gurren Lagann. However I haven't really seen it.
Old 2013-02-12, 08:46   Link #5
Mistressy
Maximum High Powered Wub
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
Katanagatari

Maybe Full Metal Panic if comedy is okay.

...Neon Genesis Evangelion? After all, Misato always promises "Service, Service, Service" every episode.

I see. What is Neon Genesis Evangelion about?
Old 2013-02-12, 08:56   Link #6
kitten320

Highschool of the dead?

Though it is not complete in story line.

Last edited by kitten320; 2013-02-12 at 09:36.
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-12, 09:23   Link #7
StormStrife

Dead Leaves
StormStrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-12, 10:01   Link #8
Mistressy
Maximum High Powered Wub
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Highschool of the dead?

Though it is not complete in story line.
I watch it already. Pretty good. Thanks for the suggestion.
Old 2013-02-12, 10:04   Link #9
Mistressy
Maximum High Powered Wub
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormStrife View Post
Dead Leaves
Heard about that. Seems pretty good.
Old 2013-02-12, 10:07   Link #10
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistressy View Post
I see. What is Neon Genesis Evangelion about?
Ehh... I was being a little tongue in cheek there because Neon Genesis Evangleion is so famous I thought you'd know what I was talking about.

Eva is... interesting.

The basic plot is that there are these giant creatures called "Angels" that are appearing on Earth and threatening to instigate a "Third Impact" that will destroy all remaining human life on Earth. Previously "Second Impact" had wiped out everyone in the Southern Hemisphere.

After Second Impact, Earth scientists engineered these giant biological robots/cyborgs, called Evangelions, to fight the angels. Only certain children are able to synchronize with these Evangelions and pilot them. (There is actually a very good reason for this, but I won't spoil the secret).

Shinji, our hero, is the third child identified as capable of piloting an Evangelion. Neon Genesis Evangelion is his story of how he comes to be an Eva pilot and the adventures that ensue. The opening is below:

Evangelion (or "Eva") is one of the most famous and/or infamous anime around. It is usually cited as the major turning point in anime. Typically shows up in any rating of the best anime of all time. And is usually seen as one of the more confusing endings in anime.

Now Eva certainly does have badass scenes. Quite a few actually. (A certain redheaded German in End of Evangelion comes to mind). It's just that the badass fights never really seem to be the real point or focus of the show, and is not the main reason people watch it.

Additionally at the end of every episode, during the next episode preview, Misato (one of the characters) always promises that there will be lots of fanservice in the next episode. Well... there is. Eva has plenty of... umm... fanservice. Nudity, kissing, even a (censored) sex scene. It's just that... well... nobody really enjoys it.

People watch Eva for the Fruedian imagery, Jungian psychology, and the raw emotions of the characters.

So I was kind of suggesting an anime that technically has everything you asked for, but won't deliver what you are actually looking for. Sorry. I assumed you already knew about Eva.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-12, 10:47   Link #11
Mistressy
Maximum High Powered Wub
*Graphic Designer

Thank you very much kind person. I going to watch this as soon as possible.
Also you don't have to be sorry. Matter-a-fact, I should be sorry for not knowing this anime sooner, and to make you tell me about it.