AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2016-01-09, 22:29   Link #15401
KnightShade

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
i'll disagree on two points. 1. Lisanna's revival was good for Mira and i'd argue good for Elfman now they handled the lucy Natsu Lisanna triangle horrifically that i'll agree with.
2. Aquarius's revival is actually beautiful because now people have 3 things they want. 1. An excuse for Brandish to join FT. 2. A way out of the current crisis 3. The possibility of seeing lucy in an Aquarius style outfit once she eventually finds her key.
1 lisanna was more relevant while 'dead' than alive. If the whole point of bringing her back is so mira can be happy than lisa herself is a plot device while also completly negating any weight their supposed demise scenes had. And yeah that triangle sucked lol.

2 yeah cuz the first thing we need is more nakamizing lol. Though i honestly wouldnt mind if it wasnt so forced like every time in the past.

Elaborate

On one hand i want to say thats pointless... But muh fanservice
Old 2016-01-10, 00:19   Link #15402
Krono

Quote:
3. The possibility of seeing lucy in an Aquarius style outfit once she eventually finds her key.
I'd say it's pretty clear that the outfit that Lucy had in the Tartaros arc while using Aquarius' power was the Aquarius stardress.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-10, 00:23   Link #15403
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidstandout View Post
1 lisanna was more relevant while 'dead' than alive. If the whole point of bringing her back is so mira can be happy than lisa herself is a plot device while also completly negating any weight their supposed demise scenes had. And yeah that triangle sucked lol.

2 yeah cuz the first thing we need is more nakamizing lol. Though i honestly wouldnt mind if it wasnt so forced like every time in the past.

Elaborate

On one hand i want to say thats pointless... But muh fanservice
Lisanna was 100% a plot device but after you had that they didnt use her properly and thats the issue. If they had done more scenes with Lisanna interacting with Natsu then maybe it would've made things "interesting". But they didnt.

As for Brandish. I hear every single arc and including this one people on this forum talk about enemies joining FT or going good it was a heavy topic recently. Now you have the excuse.

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-10, 00:29   Link #15404
KnightShade

Quote:
Lisanna was 100% a plot device but after you had that they didnt use her properly and thats the issue. If they had done more scenes with Lisanna interacting with Natsu then maybe it would've made things "interesting". But they didnt.

As for Brandish. I hear every single arc and including this one people on this forum talk about enemies joining FT or going good it was a heavy topic recently. Now you have the excuse.
Fair enough on both ends.
Old 2016-01-10, 01:19   Link #15405
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidstandout View Post
Fair enough on both ends.
thanks you've made my point especially about Lisanna. If i'm being honest i think Lisanna was brought back for two reasons and perhaps most of it is hindsight. 1. if they were going to do the S-class exams an active Mirajane was essential and bringing her back made that easier. 2. If she was used properly she gives you a legitimate rival for Natsu. I think there is a legitimate case to be made that you should've had Lisanna actually secrely join Natsu and the gang during Edolas because the whole emphasis on the Lucy's especially in Edolas was an enormous mistake which killed the idea completely. The S-class exams of course was a raging disaster for the pairing so that was that.

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-10, 16:47   Link #15406
Blueknight78

Quote:
i'll disagree on two points. 1. Lisanna's revival was good for Mira and i'd argue good for Elfman now they handled the lucy Natsu Lisanna triangle horrifically that i'll agree with.
2. Aquarius's revival is actually beautiful because now people have 3 things they want. 1. An excuse for Brandish to join FT. 2. A way out of the current crisis 3. The possibility of seeing lucy in an Aquarius style outfit once she eventually finds her key.
Quote:

Quote:
thanks you've made my point especially about Lisanna. If i'm being honest i think Lisanna was brought back for two reasons and perhaps most of it is hindsight. 1. if they were going to do the S-class exams an active Mirajane was essential and bringing her back made that easier. 2. If she was used properly she gives you a legitimate rival for Natsu. I think there is a legitimate case to be made that you should've had Lisanna actually secrely join Natsu and the gang during Edolas because the whole emphasis on the Lucy's especially in Edolas was an enormous mistake which killed the idea completely. The S-class exams of course was a raging disaster for the pairing so that was that.
About the love triangle I strong disagree, for what i get, she never was supposed to be a love rival, this was more "fans" wishes than mashima plans, not all the "childhoodfriends must be love rivals you have some exemples of that.

Lisanna role was to develop her sibilins and nothing more, all the natsu attachment was just to help him grow more used to have a girl at his side in the same way with erza, I really never see Lisanna as rival since mashima really never even tried to give hope toward it.
Old 2016-01-10, 17:04   Link #15407
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
About the love triangle I strong disagree, for what i get, she never was supposed to be a love rival, this was more "fans" wishes than mashima plans, not all the "childhoodfriends must be love rivals you have some exemples of that.

Lisanna role was to develop her sibilins and nothing more, all the natsu attachment was just to help him grow more used to have a girl at his side in the same way with erza, I really never see Lisanna as rival since mashima really never even tried to give hope toward it.
But do you realize how stupid that sounds? It's pretty lame. Quiet frankly would be poor writing. That's how I see it.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-10, 17:17   Link #15408
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravagerblade View Post
But do you realize how stupid that sounds? It's pretty lame. Quiet frankly would be poor writing. That's how I see it.
then how exactly she being just a "friend" and not a lover rival is "poor write"??

by that logic then erza was also supposed to be a lover rival since she is also a childhood friend and even more "close to lisanna"(since she used to bath with him and gray many times and don't mind being naked near him).
Old 2016-01-11, 07:42   Link #15409
Ultragunner

hm....Is Hiro pulling a "Final Getsuga Tenshou" here with Natsu? I doubt it but the vibe sure is strong in this chapter
Old 2016-01-11, 09:25   Link #15410
Altima of the Gates
Casting a spell on you...
*Graphic Designer

Location: Where there are no mallets or tentacles.... and the female cast of Tenjou Tenge is mine, all mine!
Send a message via AIM to Altima of the Gates Send a message via MSN to Altima of the Gates Send a message via Yahoo to Altima of the Gates
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
then how exactly she being just a "friend" and not a lover rival is "poor write"??

by that logic then erza was also supposed to be a lover rival since she is also a childhood friend and even more "close to lisanna"(since she used to bath with him and gray many times and don't mind being naked near him).
It's the fact that people can't tell the difference between a childhood crush and an actual developing love. Lisanna sets up (although I wish Mira would get more powers herself, since she is supposed to be one of the guild's trumps)the trio of the siblings and their backstories together, and an important friend the guild got back.

You rarely get serious love triangles in fighting shonen, it's pretty obvious where a relationship is going to go if it goes anywhere at all.

I knew Brandish was being groomed to join FT, just very slowly like usual. Please Hiro, regardless of what Aquarius said, don't make Brandish another Virgo, or a Juvia-style yuri relationship with Lucy. Bros only please.
Altima of the Gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-11, 10:49   Link #15411
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

I hope Brandish would not be the "Sieghart of RAVE master" or "Ultear of Fairy Tail"
She might pull a nasty forbidden magic to save Natsu

but it is a beautiful past between the mothers.. I'm kinda glad to see Layla is not evil at all
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-11, 11:11   Link #15412
Slayerx

Quote:
Eh, i feel like the one and only reason Lisanna was brought back was because that's what fans wanted. Her sudden revival came right after the anime had added some nice heartwarming filler that focused on her relationship with Natsu; her popularity rose and mashima gave the fans what they wanted. Heck the idea to bring her back probably only came to him DURING the edolas arc (so having her join natsu during that arc was not an option)... i mean really, her "revivial" was just riddled with plot holes. It was a blatant and obvious retcon.

Lisanna added nothing for Mirajane or Elfman. By the time she showed up, those two had already gotten past the mental blocks that her death had caused. Elfmann learned to embrace his full transformation abilities during the phantom Lord arc, and Mira re-embraced her fighting abilities against Laxus and the thunder tribe. Both had successfully moved on; lisanna actually coming back didn't really do anything... hence why she had more meaning when she was dead than when she was alive. Her death left a serious impact on those around her, creating deep wounds that the characters had to heal on their own; in revival, she has done nothing to develop anyone, not even herself.

This is why Lisanna has been such a mess. She was never intended to come back and therefore Mashima never made plans for her. Ever since she came back he's just been trying to find excuses to keep her involved. He just doesn't know what to do with her
Old 2016-01-11, 11:19   Link #15413
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Subpar chapter this time around - predictable plot, random WTF moments killing what could have been good drama...and of course, unecessary cliffhanger. As if Natsu wouldn't wake up.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-11, 11:30   Link #15414
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
To be fair Aquarius's return actually makes sense to me. She didn't die, her key was destroyed. The keys could be made in the first place so why wouldn't it be possible for a new one to come into existence? Sure the King was willing to let Leo die, but that was for punishment for a crime. With Aquarius the key was a price paid in order to summon the King.

Even if it wasn't the standard before, I could see the King being willing and taking action to change the rules like he did in the past. Lucy is that much of a special figure to the Celestial Spirits because of how much she cares about them. In fact the King getting involved to change the rules is probably what happened. And if he decided to make a new key, he probably would have the power to do that. Would explain Aquarius's reaction to her sacrifice scene.

I think the sacrifice still matters. If neither knew that the key might be restored than the feelings of loss remained true in that moment. And even if Aquarius knew a new key would be created she may not have known how long it'd take. A year could have been on the low end with the average time possibly being much higher. It was still a painful loss that forced Lucy to grow and that growth remains no matter what.

I agree about Lisanna. A character who seemed to have potential, but has never really been used in any sense. It helped comfort Mira, but Mira really hasn't changed all that much. The personality shift she made in order to 'fill in the hole left by Lisanna' was never adjusted even though the person she changed to replace came back. Just another background character added to the mix really.
Old 2016-01-11, 13:41   Link #15415
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I think the sacrifice still matters. If neither knew that the key might be restored than the feelings of loss remained true in that moment. And even if Aquarius knew a new key would be created she may not have known how long it'd take. A year could have been on the low end with the average time possibly being much higher. It was still a painful loss that forced Lucy to grow and that growth remains no matter what.
I think the main thing is that the new key appears somewhere random in the world. Under normal circumstances, that would have been goodbye for good for Lucy and Aquarius. The key could easily lay undisturbed for decades on a different continent, on the other side of the planet. Lucy could search for her whole life, and never find it. Even if someone found it and used it, there's no guarantee that Lucy would find them, and there is a decent chance the spirits have rules about discussing their previous masters which would prevent Aquarius from talking her new master into contacting Lucy for her. So even if Aquarius knew her key would be reborn in a year, as far as she'd know at the time it was goodbye to Lucy. Then the king bent the rules a little in "celebration" to let Aquarius see Lucy one more time.
Old 2016-01-11, 14:02   Link #15416
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Eh, i feel like the one and only reason Lisanna was brought back was because that's what fans wanted. Her sudden revival came right after the anime had added some nice heartwarming filler that focused on her relationship with Natsu; her popularity rose and mashima gave the fans what they wanted. Heck the idea to bring her back probably only came to him DURING the edolas arc (so having her join natsu during that arc was not an option)... i mean really, her "revivial" was just riddled with plot holes. It was a blatant and obvious retcon.

Lisanna added nothing for Mirajane or Elfman. By the time she showed up, those two had already gotten past the mental blocks that her death had caused. Elfmann learned to embrace his full transformation abilities during the phantom Lord arc, and Mira re-embraced her fighting abilities against Laxus and the thunder tribe. Both had successfully moved on; lisanna actually coming back didn't really do anything... hence why she had more meaning when she was dead than when she was alive. Her death left a serious impact on those around her, creating deep wounds that the characters had to heal on their own; in revival, she has done nothing to develop anyone, not even herself.

This is why Lisanna has been such a mess. She was never intended to come back and therefore Mashima never made plans for her. Ever since she came back he's just been trying to find excuses to keep her involved. He just doesn't know what to do with her
let's take to "real life a little" since when have a sibiling dead is more important than "alive"??? how she being alive don't give any development to then??? happines is not a development????, development is not = to drama and deaths, having a person come alive give the same development as have a person dead, one is to make peoples sad another to make happy.

I really don't buy it "peoples dead" are more important than alive, way of see things, for me both are equals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
To be fair Aquarius's return actually makes sense to me. She didn't die, her key was destroyed. The keys could be made in the first place so why wouldn't it be possible for a new one to come into existence? Sure the King was willing to let Leo die, but that was for punishment for a crime. With Aquarius the key was a price paid in order to summon the King.

Even if it wasn't the standard before, I could see the King being willing and taking action to change the rules like he did in the past. Lucy is that much of a special figure to the Celestial Spirits because of how much she cares about them. In fact the King getting involved to change the rules is probably what happened. And if he decided to make a new key, he probably would have the power to do that. Would explain Aquarius's reaction to her sacrifice scene.

I agree about Lisanna. A character who seemed to have potential, but has never really been used in any sense. It helped comfort Mira, but Mira really hasn't changed all that much. The personality shift she made in order to 'fill in the hole left by Lisanna' was never adjusted even though the person she changed to replace came back. Just another background character added to the mix really.
the problem is which some peoples only like of "drama" or something like that, or the famous if someone died or was gone then he must be gonne and never come back otherwise will destroy my awesome dramatic moment, i feel that is more the trouble we have.

Is one year since lucy lost aquarius she already have a big moment of sadness and grieve over that loose, she have a chance to meet aquarius again or even have her back don't means which this will destroy what happened in tartarus, she still loose the key and only can see aquarius if she get the new key or the king allow aquarius come to lucy otherwise they still afar from each other then what happened still valid and even if she find the new key, this still don't destroy what happened, past is pats, not aways everything must be "determined by the past events.
Old 2016-01-11, 15:04   Link #15417
Casshern

I really liked the last couple of chapters. I've been eagerly anticipating Aquarius's return since the bathtub scene, and I think it couldn't have been done better. As if that wasn't great enough, we also get the long awaited backstory for Layla and it ties up everything perfectly.

I'm curious about Aquarius's ability to smack Brandish around, and I'm wondering if it's just comedy relief or if that's Aquarius's actual power when she isn't limited by the magic level of her summoner.

Overall an epic chapter with funny and sad moments.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-11, 15:17   Link #15418
KnightShade

death is a natural part of life. and no, the real life argument doesn't work here. people don't come back from the dead for starters. and becoming happy by itself is not a sign of growth; emotions are fleeting, morals and principals are more rigid and require significant catalysts.

if bringing someone back is the only you can make a character happy, than the realism argument goes out the window. most people either get past it or don't for the aforementioned reasons.
Old 2016-01-11, 15:29   Link #15419
Krono

I'm pretty sure that Aquarius' ability to smack around Brandish is just a function of a few years of Aquarius being left to babysit Brandish when she was a child, and Aquarius being her usual aggressive, domineering self. Remember how much trouble Lucy had with Aquarius at the start of the series? Including Aquarius spanking Lucy for losing her keys? That's when Lucy is both Aquarius' summoner, and the daughter of Aquarius' beloved Layla. Now imaging how things when for Brandish. Who was not Aquarius' master, was just the daughter of Layla's, and Aquarius was actually left in charge of Brandish while her mother was out.

Brandish would technically be able to crush Aquarius at this point, but the thought of trying wouldn't even come to mind, simply because of the years of being bossed around and disciplined by Aquarius.
Old 2016-01-11, 17:43   Link #15420
DragonXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Subpar chapter this time around - predictable plot, random WTF moments killing what could have been good drama...and of course, unecessary cliffhanger. As if Natsu wouldn't wake up.
But we need to know why Natsu became like this, which could only mean four things Zeref or someone else is attacking the Book of END, END is waking up or the power of END is waking up, Natsu is starting to transform into a dragon and that the anti-bodies failled to stop the dragon transformation or that someone is trying to kill Zeref at the moment which could only mean there a betrayeler in Zeref army like that Mage King guy who is said to be as powerful as Zeref, the ex-most powerful mage of the Country Fairy Tail is in and is pulling a double trayeler or Acnologia is attacking.

Here a theory about God Slayer, Dragon Slayer came to be, do to infighting which Dragon does this mean the Gods are also infighting and does that mean the True Final Arc of Fairy Tail will have to do which The Gods infighting and Acnologia who is now even more hype because this plan which Zeref, the Dragons and the Celestial Spirts make to kill Acnologia and the huge forshadowing that Acnologia is so overpower that even if they go into the past before Acnologia became a dragon they would still get there butt kick or it a plothole that they didn't use the Gate to go back to before Acnologia became a dragon or
more doing of the Jackass God of Life and Death who I really want to know why he started this mess which Zeref, when in the end cursing Zeref have lead to more problem which people messing which life and death.
DragonXX is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen