AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2010-12-19, 19:44   Link #19981
Judoh
Mystery buff

woah 1000 pages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTR View Post
This just in: Maria has prosopagnosia.
Explains everything really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Sora View Post
Anyone got any theories on what they think Ep 8 will be about? It seems that pretty much everything has already been clearly answered except for the "How dunnit?"

The last scene of Ep 7 confuses me a bit though. It seems like Ange is imaging/fantasizing/pretending that Battler is going to tell her that nothing bad happened on Rokkenjima. Maybe the story "Battler" will tell Ange, is the tale he wrote for Beatrice? And it might be possible that in Ep 8 Bern is going to twist Battler's tale into the worst possible outcome.

So Ep 8 could be about Bern and Battler fighting over the true outcome of Battler's tale for Ange's sake.
A lot of people think the protagonist will either be Battler or Ange since he said you'll play as a 'certain character' in an interview. The one at the Dai concert not the blog.

I also think Lion and Will aren't done yet. Battler probably survived somehow. And there's also Beatrice 4 theory for why he didn't return to Ange.
Judoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-19, 19:45   Link #19982
Nero Allelujah
The Light that Guides

Quote:
Anyone got any theories on what they think Ep 8 will be about? It seems that pretty much everything has already been clearly answered except for the "How dunnit?"

The last scene of Ep 7 confuses me a bit though. It seems like Ange is imaging/fantasizing/pretending that Battler is going to tell her that nothing bad happened on Rokkenjima. Maybe the story "Battler" will tell Ange, is the tale he wrote for Beatrice? And it might be possible that in Ep 8 Bern is going to twist Battler's tale into the worst possible outcome.

So Ep 8 could be about Bern and Battler fighting over the true outcome of Battler's tale for Ange's sake.
The howdunnit was answered, but not in a way that fully reveals it, riddles within riddles, but amazingly enough it should provide an answer?

Yeah, that scene was a little confusing for me too...kinda makes me feel like Ange is now desperate and seeing things. That or Battler actually survived the massacre, but some didn't. Obviously, this can't be it..since he is wearing that Meta cape...cool, but noooo.

And that's the problem..we have two games being weaved as EP8...if they were to battle it out, its highly possible that Bern might be the GM.
Old 2010-12-19, 19:54   Link #19983
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

The GM for ep.8 would be us, since we get to choose how the game folds out lol.

Quote:
wow, I had to wiki that to understand what it means. Though then this means practically everyone can appear as Beatrice in front of her (well, those that knew of this condition anyway). Perhaps even possible to trick her to the "killing culprit's" side after the first fake murders occurred.
Old 2010-12-19, 19:55   Link #19984
Helmet-kun
Local Crackpot

Quote:
How dunnit was covered EP 6 with Battler locked in that room, and all that Erika business with Battler's story.

EP 8 won't have a mystery, or won't explain anything, I think. It'll just be an ending where Battler and company really -do- go home.
Old 2010-12-19, 19:56   Link #19985
Nero Allelujah
The Light that Guides

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
The GM for ep.8 would be us, since we get to choose how the game folds out lol.
Even though Bern said she was? Dare challenge that miko? ; )
Old 2010-12-19, 19:58   Link #19986
Nero Allelujah
The Light that Guides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmet-kun View Post
How dunnit was covered EP 6 with Battler locked in that room, and all that Erika business with Battler's story.

EP 8 won't have a mystery, or won't explain anything, I think. It'll just be an ending where Battler and company really -do- go home.
Explain the howdunnit then with EP6 as your standpoint? Two characters made it seem like it was a closed room when it was actually not?

That hardly sounds worthy of a final game to me. Not all ties are closed, I mean Bern and Lambda are still there, Battler should really do something about them...
Old 2010-12-19, 19:58   Link #19987
Teapot

Send a message via MSN to Teapot
Ryukishi said in ep 8 there will be choices the readers get to make so in a small way, we do affect how this will end.
Teapot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-19, 20:04   Link #19988
Nero Allelujah
The Light that Guides

Oh, well that's interesting...hmmm.
Old 2010-12-19, 20:11   Link #19989
Helmet-kun
Local Crackpot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nero Allelujah View Post
Explain the howdunnit then with EP6 as your standpoint? Two characters made it seem like it was a closed room when it was actually not?
Earth to Earth. The culprit disturbed where the sleeping dog lies!

What I meant was that it explained the importance of it. That's basically what EP5-7 did- explained the importance of who dunnit, how dunnit, and why dunnit.
Old 2010-12-19, 20:41   Link #19990
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Quote:
On another hand, there's the conflicting final games being made by two GM...one game by Battler to show a "bittersweet" truth and one brutal one by Bernkastel...so which one do we pick to be the actual truth?
I don't think we're ever going to see Bern's game. I think that scene was just to show us that theatergoing witches (us) will just keep playing with Beato's game forever and ever and ever until we grow bored with it. This is Lambda's trap.
Old 2010-12-19, 21:03   Link #19991
Teapot

Send a message via MSN to Teapot
I've been bouncing around other forums and it seems that a lot of people are convinced that Kyrie killing everybody for money is the truth, I think it's bern just making Lion and Ange uncomfortable.
Teapot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-19, 21:15   Link #19992
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
I wish that was true. Too bad it isn't, since there are (probably) no hints towards it.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-19, 21:21   Link #19993
Judoh
Mystery buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
I wish that was true. Too bad it isn't, since there are (probably) no hints towards it.
I thought he was basing that off of how Maria recognizes people based on their behavior?
Judoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-19, 21:25   Link #19994
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judoh View Post
I thought he was basing that off of how Maria recognizes people based on their behavior?
But are there any specific hints towards her having a mental disorder? Besides autism, I mean.
Old 2010-12-19, 21:28   Link #19995
Helmet-kun
Local Crackpot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
But are there any specific hints towards her having a mental disorder? Besides autism, I mean.
..Wait, what? Where did autism come from?
Old 2010-12-19, 21:36   Link #19996
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
I thought her having some kind of autism spectrum disorder was kind of obvious. I mean, just look at how, uh, developmentally abnormal she is.
Old 2010-12-19, 21:38   Link #19997
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
the idea has been around for a while, but in my opinion Maria doesn't really show the emotional isolation typical of autism.

as for prosopagnosia I don't think it is necessary to postulate that to explain Maria's odd behavior, and I think people would have noticed if she really had that condition.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-19, 21:40   Link #19998
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
the idea has been around for a while, but in my opinion Maria doesn't really show the emotional isolation typical of autism.
I know quite a few autistic people, and not all of them show signs of emotional isolation. They're just immature, show no understanding of social norms, and are impossible to reason with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
as for prosopagnosia I don't think it is necessary to postulate that to explain Maria's odd behavior, and I think people would have noticed if she really had that condition.
This is what I'm getting at: It would explain quite a bit but it's not necessary and there isn't a sufficient amount of textual support for it. Besides, it wouldn't even serve much of a purpose at this point.

Now, if Battler had prosopagnosia...
Old 2010-12-19, 21:48   Link #19999
Helmet-kun
Local Crackpot

...I wouldn't consider that autism. Considering that Maria's still a kid, of course she'd be immature. She desperately wanted her mother's attention to the point of being a witch and killing her over and over, and because of that, she ignored society...basically.

Impossible to reason with? Its like saying arguing with a Christian about whether God exists. Once believe in something for so long, it's hard to lose faith in it until it becomes very improbable.
Old 2010-12-19, 21:50   Link #20000
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
...I wouldn't consider that autism. Considering that Maria's still a kid, of course she'd be immature.
She is nine years old and talks like she's three.