AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-07-13, 00:08   Link #201
Terizent
Nonsense!

I'm sure it has to do with the fact with Ryner going temporarily insane and blasting away with spells in the anime and episode 3 previews. Perhaps the eyes affect his sanity? Or maybe the the previous person with A.S. was extremely evil or something.

Also, people are stupid and shun "different" people for no reason at all. They're scared and jealous of what they don't have.
Terizent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 00:19   Link #202
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terizent View Post
I'm sure it has to do with the fact with Ryner going temporarily insane and blasting away with spells in the anime and episode 3 previews. Perhaps the eyes affect his sanity? Or maybe the the previous person with A.S. was extremely evil or something.
Well, that's the thing.

So far, Ryner hasn't really gone berserk with magic or anything, and possibly only a special scenario can cause that. Still, any king in his right mind would be giving one special treatment if it meant acquring the allegaince of such a person. In fact, Ryner's file practically describes him as the "greatest magician" in the kingdom due to his Alpha Stigma. Heck, in a kingdom of corrupt nobles, I find it hard to believe that Sion is like the first guy who thought of having him at his side.

On another note, the preview seems to hint at some revelation regarding the Alpha Stigma and Ryner... that is, if I'm inferring things right. Maybe the Alpha Stigma is the cause and origin of some great tragedy, that instead of admiring it, they just simply fear it.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 00:26   Link #203
Terizent
Nonsense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
Well, that's the thing.

So far, Ryner hasn't really gone berserk with magic or anything, and possibly only a special scenario can cause that.
...Did you see next episode's preview after the ED? Ryner's eyes activate, he flashes a psycho grin, and proceeds to choke Keifer and Sion. And in the second anime promotion vid, Ryner does a Lelouch laugh and starts blowing things up and he can't stop himself even though he wants to.

If that's not going beserk...
Terizent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 00:34   Link #204
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
Maybe the Alpha Stigma is the cause and origin of some great tragedy, that instead of admiring it, they just simply fear it.
I think you've hit the nail on the head there, and there doesn't even have to be some nebulous "great tragedy" to cause it. They fear him. We've already seen that he can copy (and counterattack with) any magic used around him, but it also appears to give him non-offensive analysis abilities. Either one of those makes him dangerous to anyone allied against him, but both together make him incredibly powerful, and thus a threat to anyone who might find himself siding against him, either via their own ambition or Ryner's own whim. Frankly, I'm wondering how deep Sion had to go to find the evidence showing he is an Alpha Stigma user, as most anyone in a position of power with that knowledge would have had Ryner killed years ago.

And yes, should he go berserk...
Old 2010-07-13, 00:34   Link #205
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terizent View Post
...Did you see next episode's preview after the ED? Ryner's eyes activate, he flashes a psycho grin, and proceeds to choke Keifer and Sion. And in the second anime promotion vid, Ryner does a Lelouch laugh and starts blowing things up and he can't stop himself even though he wants to.

If that's not going beserk...
Yeah, I mentioned that in my post above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Frankly, I'm wondering how deep Sion had to go to find the evidence showing he is an Alpha Stigma user, as most anyone in a position of power with that knowledge would have had Ryner killed years ago.
At best, he would've been contained by whatever governing body there is for the magicians (or something like that). He could've been easily used for anything relic-related or used as a weapon.

I have a feeling that Ryner's past might further deal with a backstory such as that.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 07:48   Link #206
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
We've already seen that he can copy (and counterattack with) any magic used around him, but it also appears to give him non-offensive analysis abilities.
Wait. What? Did I miss something in eps 1 & 2? I didn't pick up on any of that. When was that shown?

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 07:56   Link #207
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Wait. What? Did I miss something in eps 1 & 2? I didn't pick up on any of that. When was that shown?
It happened in epi 2??? I think, though I cant remember the ins and outs of it ....but I remember thinking he was a bit like Kakashi in that respect.

Not a very good answer But I do know we've seen it.

The counter-attack I know we saw in epi 2 when Sion is watching him fight Kiefer.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 08:24   Link #208
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
It happened in epi 2??? I think, though I cant remember the ins and outs of it ....but I remember thinking he was a bit like Kakashi in that respect.
Kakashi? Who's that?

Quote:
Not a very good answer But I do know we've seen it.

The counter-attack I know we saw in epi 2 when Sion is watching him fight Kiefer.
I remember the counter-attack, but I didn't think of it as a copy of magic used against him situation. I thought it was something he knew how to do but hadn't demonstrated to his classmates yet.

Clearly I should watch the episode again. Not that that's an onerous chore, mind you.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2010-07-13, 08:32   Link #209
ninja_pintu

Quote:
At the beginning of episode 1, when he analysis and copies the magic of nelpha's soldiers.
Old 2010-07-13, 08:36   Link #210
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja_pintu View Post
At the beginning of episode 1, when he analysis and copies the magic of nelpha's soldiers.
Oh.
So that's what all his mumbo-jumbo was about.
Man, I really missed the boat on that point, didn't I?

Old 2010-07-13, 09:55   Link #211
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Nothing much to say about this episode, apart from that its obviously a setup to a tragedy in the next episode. Which is what I'm looking forward to.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 10:23   Link #212
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Kakashi? Who's that?
The best character of the Naruto universe, I'm somewhat saddened you don't know of him but glad you haven't seen Naurto...yet

thinking back on ep 2 the imouto-chan kinda scares me abit, there must be something up there
Old 2010-07-13, 10:33   Link #213
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
The best character of the Naruto universe, I'm somewhat saddened you don't know of him but glad you haven't seen Naurto...yet
Thing is I knew she hadnt seen Naruto and didnt even think to explain where Kakashi was from Btw yes he is the best character in that universe.
Quote:
thinking back on ep 2 the imouto-chan kinda scares me abit, there must be something up there
Im definitely thinking there's a reason Feris chose her as her assistant. Im sure there's more to her then simply throwing water on a guy to get info out of him
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2010-07-13, 11:15   Link #214
Westlo
Lets be reality

They really, really should've started the anime off with episode 2, I would think they lost a lot of viewers due to episode 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrypokstick View Post
Judging by the characters shown in the op i say they at least plan to go to volume 6. Still so far they covered about 1/3 of a side story volume and the first segment of volume 1.
There's quite a good chance the OP will change for the second cour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
I don't think it's possible for 26 episodes anime to cover up 11 volumes of light novels.
Koukaku no Regios anime 24 episodes only cover 7 volumes of LN. And is considered not canon.
TAMNI 26 episodes only cover up 6 volumes of LN, and they cut the scene with the crossbow guy off.
26 episodes for 11 volumes? It'll only possible if the contents of those 11 LNs are shorter bt half of those anime I mentioned.
The Good Witch of the West doing 9 novels in 13 episodes says hi.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 11:15   Link #215
LKK

Quote:
Im sure there's more to her then simply throwing water on a guy to get info out of him
She sure seemed willing and even eager to move to the nails under the fingernails torture. I agree with Bonta Kun. She scares me.

OT @ Bonta Kun, I have no plans to watch Naruto. Tried it for some episodes and decided it wasn't for me. I'll remain blissfully ignorant of that particular universe.

Old 2010-07-13, 13:08   Link #216
Vanehei
Sousuke rules

Send a message via MSN to Vanehei
I do really love this anime. The dog in the box...wow, i cant take tha image out of my mind, it was a total shock for me.
Im so excited about watching the next episode, i think that Ryner is going to be the next adition to my bisho collection hehehe
Old 2010-07-13, 13:14   Link #217
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanehei View Post
i think that Ryner is going to be the next adition to my bisho collection hehehe
You can have Ryner, Im keeping Sion-sama *adds to the harem*
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2010-07-13, 13:18   Link #218
Vanehei
Sousuke rules

Quote:
You can have Ryner, Im keeping Sion-sama *adds to the harem*
Ok! Its a deal!!!!

By the way, wich day of the week it airs in Japan?, im kind of anxious about episode 3
Old 2010-07-13, 13:31   Link #219
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanehei View Post
Ok! Its a deal!!!!

By the way, wich day of the week it airs in Japan?, im kind of anxious about episode 3
Thursday 27:35, so really Friday morning at 3:35.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 14:20   Link #220
Vanehei
Sousuke rules

Oh thank you very much!!! its going to be a long week...ugu

Tags
adventure, fantasy, shounen