AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-05-23, 15:34   Link #61
Syntron
Shiny Hardware

The gog version runs around 25% faster (fps wise) then the securom infested retail version. If you are victim to this bs, go to gamefaqs forums and look for a certain topic with a certain post. You are welcome.
Old 2011-05-23, 17:12   Link #62
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
The Steam version doesn't have SecuROM, does it?
Old 2011-05-24, 14:20   Link #63
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Dunno if it's cuz of securom but it takes me like 30s to launch the game (i'm not the only one)
I encountered minor bugs in the game.
I'm still in Act 1 , i'm doing secondary quests.
What i don't like so far is that they removed the chest in the tavern... yes we can carry 250kg max but with all the loots , crafts , potions... , you reach them fast..
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-24, 23:34   Link #64
Syntron
Shiny Hardware

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Dunno if it's cuz of securom but it takes me like 30s to launch the game (i'm not the only one)
The gog version has vastly improved loadtimes aswell. But "patching" two game files will fix these problems too. That way you can have the premium edition stuff and enjoy the game it was meant to be...
Old 2011-05-25, 02:08   Link #65
Flyethemoon

im Glad you like it

Almost all in my country loves Wiedzmin(Witcher) i like too but i never have time to played yet, my collector box unopen stays in desk and wait for Darkest monent.
Flyethemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-25, 18:19   Link #66
Tiberium Wolf

Seriously I have never died so much in a game prologue. Mechanics and interface so different from usual rpg games.
Old 2011-05-25, 18:50   Link #67
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Patch 1.1 notes:

http://www.en.thewitcher.com/community/entry/30/

Quote:
1. Simpler and more reliable game installation and activation. Details to be revealed soon.

2. Fixed the free Troll Trouble DLC download. It is now included n the patch so there's no need to download and install it separately.

3. Fixed an issue that prevented some users from downloading other free DLCs (the ones given out with some pre-orders, special promotions, etc). The launcher now properly refreshes the list of available DLCs and allows for installation.

4. Performance improvements: approximately 5% to 30% better framerate and faster game loading for many users, depending on their individual systems and game versions. Owners of retail versions can expect the biggest improvements.

5. Fixed random crashes occurring on some systems, especially after saving and loading saves.

6. Key mapping – allows the arrow and number keys to be used for movement.

7. Added the option to invert the mouse.

8. nVidia surround vision now works properly.

9. More accurate assessment provided by the "auto-detect settings" option will help improve game performance.

10. Removed a bug that prevented completion of the “Blood Curse” quest.

11. Fixed a bug that prevented the additional link in "Extras" from being unlocked after winning the dice game against the GOG.com monk.

12. GOG.com credits now work properly.

The full list of all changes will be available upon the release of the patch. If you have experienced any issues that are not on the list above, please don't worry. We have already started working on the next patch, which will address other difficulties and bugs, including those related to specific hardware setups; e.g.. Logitech g35. You may expect this second patch to be ready next week.

Patch 1.1 will be available for all the versions of the game, both retail and digital, except for Russian. However, we would like to assure our Russian fans that we are aware of the problems with the your version of the game (thanks for your reports!) and we are talking with 1C about possible solutions.
So it seems that they will remove SecurROM with the new patch. Glad to know we actually have a Developer/Publisher with a heart that listens to the consumers.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-25, 19:16   Link #68
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Yes the patch is coming ! I felt that the game wasn't well optimized. Hope they fixed the launcher.
Good thing for the Troll DLC , i couldn't dl it..
Also there's the 11.5b hotfix for ATI , but i can't find the link for vista...
Will they fix/add a full keyboard settings cuz the one at the launcher isn't full...
Old 2011-05-26, 20:20   Link #69
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Patch 1.1 is out :-

http://en.thewitcher.com/patch/

And yes, it did run as what was promised. I get about 40-45 FPS on average after patching. So those who are still on the fence of getting the retail version for the physical junks can rest easy now.
Old 2011-05-26, 20:58   Link #70
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

aaaand of course it won't dl the patch for me, so now I need to stick it on my laptop, copy the files onto it, then transfer it over to install on my desktop, again. :/
Old 2011-05-27, 03:36   Link #71
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Bad news for all the people who bought this game through steam; PLEASE beware that you will have to re-download the core game file in order to patch the game to the 1.1 version. It is a 9.3gb file so if you start steam and it starts patching up TW2 you will be UNABLE to play it until the whole file has been downloaded.

If you have 100mb connection I guess you have nothing to worry about but for all the slow folks like me who have a crappy dsl connection you won't be able to play the game for at least a day.

There is a future patch coming up next week as well, which suggest that steam users will have to re-download half the game again in order to patch it. I strongly suggest you turn off automatic updates for TW2 in the steam menu and use steam in offline mode if you don't feel like waiting many hours to play the game.

Please back up the file named: pack0.dzip in your cookedPC folder of the witcher 2 in case the worse happens.

PS. On a lighter note, this game is absolutely spectacular. The witcher 2 and Final fantasy 7 are by far the very best RPGs I have played.
Sugetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-27, 14:38   Link #72
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Box edition , i had to re-install the game to dl the patch too. Still didn't check the game , will do later.

Edit : Great , the launcher is fixed. For the FPS , i have 50FPS when i do nothing , and 35-40fps when running around. Quite good.

Last edited by -Sho-; 2011-05-27 at 15:20.
Old 2011-05-28, 07:08   Link #73
Tiberium Wolf

Aghrrr!! The game is so hard at normal and too easy in easy. Fighting the kingslayer dude was so hard in normal with the dude doing spells and sending bombs. In easy I could continuously attack him. It's plain stupid the difference. Also not having any kind of healing in battle sux.
Old 2011-05-28, 12:03   Link #74
killer3000ad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post
Aghrrr!! The game is so hard at normal and too easy in easy. Fighting the kingslayer dude was so hard in normal with the dude doing spells and sending bombs. In easy I could continuously attack him. It's plain stupid the difference. Also not having any kind of healing in battle sux.
He was a bit hard on Normal at first but I eventually found a simple way to get him. If he casts Quen i just hang back and run away till it wears off. Also keeping far away allows me ample time to dodge roll away if he throws a bomb or casts Aard/Igni. When his Quen wears off then I go on the offensive and hit him with Aard then land a couple of heavy blows, then Aard again, two more heavy hits then back off till my vigor regens. Rinse repeat. Worked on both fights with him.
Old 2011-05-28, 14:52   Link #75
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Poland Gives President Obama The Witcher 2’s Collector’s Edition
Old 2011-05-29, 07:23   Link #76
Tiberium Wolf

OMG. Couldn't stop LOL at the visionary quest. Huge dick like mushrooms and a huge hen. It doesn't make sense at all.

Anyway lots of usage of "whore" and "ploughed" words and alike.

Edit 2: Found a this thread in another form where the poster made the most important points that I agree. link

I found witcher attack mechanics boring... DA was more fun.

Last edited by Tiberium Wolf; 2011-05-29 at 15:47.
Tiberium Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-29, 15:00   Link #77
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Thats great! The Polish seem to be very proud of their game and they should be. First time I see a game be acknowledged by a political figure.

I of course don't think that Obama will be playing the game at all.
Old 2011-06-01, 12:40   Link #78
Sciel
Etoilé

Recently finished the game.
The game was fantastic....till chapter 3.
Really can't believe how short chapter 3 was in comparison with the other 2 chapters :|. It just felt....rushed. In all honesty, the length of the game really disappointed. Finished the game in ~24ish or so hours.
Sciel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-01, 13:08   Link #79
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sciel View Post
Recently finished the game.
The game was fantastic....till chapter 3.
Really can't believe how short chapter 3 was in comparison with the other 2 chapters :|. It just felt....rushed. In all honesty, the length of the game really disappointed. Finished the game in ~24ish or so hours.
Only 24 hours?? I explored every single area and did all the quests I could and I took 42 hours.
Old 2011-06-01, 20:29   Link #80
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

I think the game is worth a revisit for the various different decisions you have to make throughout as well as for the branches of the abilities upgrade. It's length is perfect for this aspect if you ask me.