AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Steins;Gate

Notices

View Poll Results: Steins;Gate - Episode 14 Rating
Perfect 10 45 51.72%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 27 31.03%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 13.79%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 2.30%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.15%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-07-07, 17:51   Link #101
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Honestly the best part of the episode was the stuff about Kurisu wanting a personal fork . one downside to the time travel stuff is that Kurisu is forgetting all these great moments she's getting to have with Okabe. Right before the time leap she realized that she'd lose the memory of him calling her Kurisu. Still things are looking good for them overall.

Finally the idea of going back further and talking to Kurisu helps Okabe out. Really he wasn't going anywhere except perhaps towards insanity. I'm actually amazed he managed to avoid getting captured all those times. I'm starting to wonder if SERN doesn't mind him time leaping considering how many times he's pulled it off.
Old 2011-07-07, 19:11   Link #102
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I'm actually amazed he managed to avoid getting captured all those times. I'm starting to wonder if SERN doesn't mind him time leaping considering how many times he's pulled it off.
It does seem a bit odd that SERN has let Okabe escape from them so many times, assuming that they don't know yet that he's been making multiple time leaps into the past to try and save Mayuri. Then again, at this point they might just be observing to see how the machine fully develops.
Old 2011-07-08, 00:56   Link #103
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Iby
About the 1% divergence in the first episode... I think that was just random numbers jumpin' on the screen, like the time when he time slipped and there were some strange numbers on the screen (farther than 2010 year), and the real divergence is 0.571024. Proof (page from official manga adaptation):
Spoiler for Page:
Old 2011-07-08, 04:55   Link #104
velderia
Former NEET.

^ Random: Okabe just looks... Sexy in that pic. (= 3 =) <3
Old 2011-07-08, 08:52   Link #105
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Oh, the series has a manga adaptation, too? I wasn't aware. I'd like to read it.
Old 2011-07-08, 12:14   Link #106
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Iby
You're better not to do it)
They really changed the temper of some characters, and also there are only 6 chapters (+0 chapter) that are translated, all in all covering 10 episodes.
Old 2011-07-08, 13:14   Link #107
Anime Daisuki

Aside from the great story telling, I must give props to Okabe's seiyuu. That crying sounded so real.
Old 2011-07-08, 15:57   Link #108
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iby View Post
You're better not to do it)
They really changed the temper of some characters, and also there are only 6 chapters (+0 chapter) that are translated, all in all covering 10 episodes.
Ah, so it's a love it or hate it thing if you've already watched the anime?
Old 2011-07-08, 20:13   Link #109
Squarecrow
Supreme Ruler of Crowatia

Damn Moeka.

I was really hoping he'd time leap again after he knew he could get her gun then just shoot her for kicks.

They need to ask Suzuha why she hates Kurisu. I <3 Kurisu. Even moreso with that mad scientiest impression.
Old 2011-07-08, 20:19   Link #110
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Crow View Post
They need to ask Suzuha why she hates Kurisu. I <3 Kurisu. Even moreso with that mad scientiest impression.
So far, it seems Suzuha hates Kurisu because in the Alpha timeline, at some point Kurisu becomes a spy for SERN, or works for SERN. That seems to be it so far, at least in the Alpha timeline.
Old 2011-07-09, 02:58   Link #111
Aqua Knight

By the way here is episode 15 preview

Spoiler for 15:

Though I find lack of Kurisu in it very disturbing.
Old 2011-07-09, 09:55   Link #112
klare

this kind of time looping but getting the same result reminds me of an old Stargate SG1 eps...

Kurisu's logical thinking and problem solving skill help a lot, Okabe is a genius but he lacks that, of course Suzuha is important too

she has to be the daughter of one of the lab members, just like Trunks
Old 2011-07-09, 12:15   Link #113
HeartlessEponine
~Love and Fire~

From my personal understanding, there is a way to save Mayuri but only on a 1% chance. And of course, during the multiple times Okabe tried to go back to the past to save Mayuri there was probably some things that were altered along the way. Same as the microwave D-Mail process.

I can't wait for episode 15.

And whenever people try to ask me why Mayuri still dies even if Okabe tried everything he could on the situation, I just explain it to them the way Kurisu explained it.

:P Speaking of Kurisu, I'm getting her nendo soon. xd
Old 2011-07-10, 04:23   Link #114
Alucard24

Maybe John Titor is a code name for every time travler wich mean there could be more than one.

There was a Titor in 2000 and he's supposed to have been in 1975 to get the IBN. Since you can only go to the past and not future, if Suzuha was in 2000 or 1975, there is no way she would still be 18.
Old 2011-07-10, 09:11   Link #115
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Unless she's jumped from time period to time period, or started time traveling at a rather young age.
Old 2011-07-10, 10:32   Link #116
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

One of the changes in the Alpha line, though, was that there was no John Titor in 2000. Okarin remembered "him" because of his "Reading Steiner" (silly name should be subject to change) ability, but all the books vanished, no one on the net remembered...so in the previous world line, Suzu went to 2000 (she mentioned that the Y2K event, after all, created a major divergence, so it seems to be that she goes to those points), but in the Alpha line she went to 2010 instead.
Old 2011-07-10, 14:01   Link #117
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

I do wonder why the year she arrived changed, though, unless that whole thing was supposed to show just how much the time lines had changed from the original timeline to the Alpha timeline.
Old 2011-07-11, 00:40   Link #118
Malintex_Terek
Mahjong Triple Pro

Pretty stupid episode, though a bit better than the last one since we actually learned something, rather than the writers trying to force emotional sympathy down our throats.

Kyouma is a moron, but even more bizarre is how he could "loop" continuously and magically make it to the time machine without harassment or failing. What's more, he ignores the obvious solution of talking to Makise Kurisu or Daru, or trying to send a D-Mail into the past and undo what seems to be a dead end where Mayuri to his world line. And...that's exactly what happens, but if to show how utterly impotent Kyouma is we have Makise Kurisu approach him herself. A subtle self-indulgence among Steins' writers...?

The Suzuha reveal was nothing special. Given how the anime is set up with a "closed room" cast, you know that the characters introduced are going to have something to do with the mysteries surrounding them. I called earlier in the year that either Feliss, Moeka or Suzuha were going to be an antagonist, simply because the story wouldn't be interesting if there wasn't a "traitor" among the cast. And Moeka's interest in the IBN for no apparent reason really suspect, while Suzuha's army training - remember John Titor was originally a soldier - hinting at a purpose for meandering in the past.

I was surprised that the satellite turned out to be the physical time machine. Those first few episodes didn't make much sense, but no way am I going to review them to see what happened. Maybe it could have been called back then. Still, it's pretty quirky, I bet Kyouma and Makise Kurisu were both forced into working for SERN, and maybe Kurisu killed the previous looping Kyouma at some point, given Suzuha's hatred of her.

But even when the plot is in full swing, Steins manages to not be anything but derivative. I still haven't seen anything that couldn't have been vaguely predicted upon playing Remember11 or MLA prior, kind of embarassing really that after popular games like that, Steins could still "surprise" people.
Old 2011-07-11, 01:41   Link #119
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Spoiler for mod-delete material:

It's only about two days until the next episode. I can't wait to see how the storytelling will go from here! Kurisu is fascinating and all, but I want more focus on the other heroines, particularly Ruka and Feyris since they seemed somewhat overshadowed. We're already focusing on Suzuha so I wonder who's next.
Old 2011-07-11, 04:00   Link #120
Alucard24

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
I do wonder why the year she arrived changed, though
me too. Furthermore, I'm wondering why that d-mail "Kurisu is dead" was able to change that in the first place.
Closed Thread