AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-02-05, 12:39   Link #921
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Yes Miyoshi and Takagi can get married now! He better not screw up when he meets her parents. I mind Niizuma doing the art because there is no way i see Tanto being better than +natural. Ashirogi really is up against the ropes, but they passed one hurdle and finally got serialized again. Hiramaru always gives me a laugh.
Old 2012-02-05, 13:58   Link #922
ookamigirl

Bakuman became kinda straining, it used to be fun...
Now it's all drama drama..
Hope it'll improve now that those two caught a break, although it won't be easy 'cause Niizuma put a serious challenge in front of them.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-05, 17:04   Link #923
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Spoiler for Ep18:
Spoiler for 18 - ugh:
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-06, 00:09   Link #924
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

New Page 18: Complaints and Roar

I feel glad for Ashirogi Muto's newest serialization, because Miyoshi and Takagi can get to marry in a very immediate future. However, the bad news is that Iwase's work got into the serialization, and the art done nonetheless by Niizuma Eiji, Ashirogi Muto's rival.

Of course, this was the grander scheme of Hattori Akira to fire up Ashirogi Muto, and Team Fukuda (minus Hiramaru) won't allow themselves to fall back to +Natural.

Pretty much, this season's manga for Ashirogi Muto has ended with just Hirameki Tanto going into serialization for the remainder of the episodes, so it'll be long wait for the second season to end. Moreover, it would be an even longer wait for season 3 to come out later this year.

As for Iwase, pretty much she's how Aoki Kou used to be but far prideful and hurt that Takagi will marry Miyoshi.
Spoiler:

As for Miura, well the guy's doing what he can and got Tanto serialized.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-06, 10:44   Link #925
Xagzan

Ahh, this takes me back to being on the Eiji/Iwase ship. Well, I still kind of am

Oh, and the OP change to show Kaya in her wedding dress? Very lovely.

Eyecatch of troll face Niizuma was perfectly timed.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-06, 12:07   Link #926
Somnus
Eh?

Ha ha, the feelings here (of the viewers) are the exact same as they were at this point in the manga (of the readers). We were all feeling as crappy and confused as the duo.

Also, if anyone in the manga thread also follows this one they'll know I constantly compliment Kaya for every chapter she's is in. I can also start doing the same here, now that the OP has changed slightly. I've been waiting to see her animated in her wedding dress since I read the chapter, and I am not disappointed! Shujin you lucky bastard.

Good times ahead for sure.
Old 2012-02-06, 13:10   Link #927
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnus View Post
Ha ha, the feelings here (of the viewers) are the exact same as they were at this point in the manga (of the readers). We were all feeling as crappy and confused as the duo.

Also, if anyone in the manga thread also follows this one they'll know I constantly compliment Kaya for every chapter she's is in. I can also start doing the same here, now that the OP has changed slightly. I've been waiting to see her animated in her wedding dress since I read the chapter, and I am not disappointed! Shujin you lucky bastard.

Good times ahead for sure.
Always darkest before the dawn, eh?

In a way, it's good to know the manga readers were just as pissed as I am. It's certainly a bold creative choice. They're not going to lose me, but I wonder how many readers (or viewers) the series lost by having so much epic fail happening for so long to Ashirogi.
Old 2012-02-06, 16:52   Link #928
Xagzan

Quote:

Speaking of which, though the engagement itself most likely gave it away before, by should it should be even more apparent just why exactly some of us started calling her "Kaya" way back when
Old 2012-02-06, 23:44   Link #929
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
Speaking of which, though the engagement itself most likely gave it away before, by should it should be even more apparent just why exactly some of us started calling her "Kaya" way back when
I would have thought one reason was all the "m" names in the series "Miyoshi, Miho, Mashiro, etc ." But suppose there is a good reason why calling her Miyoshi won't be very accurate anymore .
Old 2012-02-07, 00:19   Link #930
Kakkou
Tch.

I guess I'm in the minority that doesn't mind the recent developments. I mean, I don't like Ashirogi Muto's current direction but it's nonetheless a nice look into when an author tries breaking out into a different area (be it by choice or by circumstance) that does not suit them at all. It's part of life and part of their growth. There's no doubt Tanto will fail by the end of this season since there's no way it'll stand a chance in hell against the Eiji x Bitch Iwase combo.

Speaking of Iwase, I totally laughed when she got all high and mighty and walked out on Team Fukuda. Aoki's "Oh gosh was that how I was like?" reaction was priceless. She's such an adorable character now. That said, I want Iwase to go right after Tanto. There's no need for another arrogant-author-dragged-off-her-pedestal character so she can go back to being in the background once her rivalry with Shujin is dealt with. Her loss will be delicious to watch... in season 3.
Kakkou is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 23:05   Link #931
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

So is the end going to be where Akito and Kaya get married and a time skip for the start of the 3rd season
Old 2012-02-13, 05:53   Link #932
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Spoiler for Ep19:
Old 2012-02-13, 16:38   Link #933
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Watching Ashirogi draw this retch manga is like watching a thoroughbred race horse pulling a dung cart. Pretty depressing. And having sad-sack Takahama looking miserable now that Miura has crushed his soul and made him an assistant again doesn't help.

My hope is that losing to Iwase - and deserving to - pisses off Takagi just as much as losing Niizuma's respect pisses off Mashiro. Takagi has been soft on this whole Tanto disaster, never really standing up to Miura as much as he should have.
Old 2012-02-13, 18:16   Link #934
Somnus
Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Watching Ashirogi draw this retch manga is like watching a thoroughbred race horse pulling a dung cart. Pretty depressing. And having sad-sack Takahama looking miserable now that Miura has crushed his soul and made him an assistant again doesn't help.

My hope is that losing to Iwase - and deserving to - pisses off Takagi just as much as losing Niizuma's respect pisses off Mashiro. Takagi has been soft on this whole Tanto disaster, never really standing up to Miura as much as he should have.
That comparison is spot-on, I couldn't agree more. Watching this part again (since initially reading it) makes me all the more happy that it's offset by Shujin and Kaya's relationship. Alongside manga knowledge, seeing it animated greatly improves my enjoyment of this series and pretty much negates my dislike towards my least favourite arc in Bakuman (when manga-only, if it wasn't for Shujin x Kaya development I would've dropped it for the rest of the arc for sure).

As for my now regularly scheduled Kaya adoration. I've said it before, and I can start saying it here. What a great wife! Her family is pretty awesome, but her support for Shujin is what really made her shine this time around. Stepping up against Iwase at the end like that; you couldn't ask for more. I'm pretty sure I'll be drooling next week when we see her in her wedding dress outside of the OP (although that shot of her with her hair down in the preview was awesome, too).
Old 2012-02-13, 18:27   Link #935
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Wow Kaya's dad was Mashiro's Uncle's best friend. Like how intertwined the two couples are. Congrats on thamarriage and moving in. Wish Kaya had beat up Iwase. Niizume really rubbing it in their faces. Oh man Hiramaru is getting an anime. With Tanto staying at 11th i find it hard for them to get up above Crow and Natural. Don't know what will happen but they have to get better somehow fast.
Old 2012-02-13, 18:39   Link #936
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
just watched episode 18 and 19. Is it me or does Miura making it difficult for Ashirogi Muto? I mean when Hattori was their editor sure they had their ups and down but Hattori knew Ashirogi Muto and told them to create a manga based on their strong abilities but Miura is telling them to put more just but it's not even Takagi's strong point. It could help them in the future but it would not be successful right now. Eiji said their best manga was one of their first ones, I think it was Money and Intelligence or something. They should try something similar to that instead of some gag manga.
Old 2012-02-13, 18:51   Link #937
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
That comparison is spot-on, I couldn't agree more. Watching this part again (since initially reading it) makes me all the more happy that it's offset by Shujin and Kaya's relationship. Alongside manga knowledge, seeing it animated greatly improves my enjoyment of this series and pretty much negates my dislike towards my least favourite arc in Bakuman (when manga-only, if it wasn't for Shujin x Kaya development I would've dropped it for the rest of the arc for sure).

As for my now regularly scheduled Kaya adoration. I've said it before, and I can start saying it here. What a great wife! Her family is pretty awesome, but her support for Shujin is what really made her shine this time around. Stepping up against Iwase at the end like that; you couldn't ask for more. I'm pretty sure I'll be drooling next week when we see her in her wedding dress outside of the OP (although that shot of her with her hair down in the preview was awesome, too).
You may have a good approach here. Instead of dwelling on how terrible Ashirogi's manga has gotten can focus on the positives which pretty much center completely around Kaya !

Have to say that Kaya really has turned into one of my favorite characters during the series. She really is saving this arc from driving people completely insane. She stepped up against Iwase and would have done more than that if Shujin hadn't stopped her.
Old 2012-02-14, 18:51   Link #938
Kallen4life

bitchy Iwase is hot Iwase

Niizuma is a pimp
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-15, 12:41   Link #939
ookamigirl

Takagi got the blessing ^^
Now it's time for Mashiro & Azuki!
Niizuma sure struck gold with the second manga.
His popularity just keeps growing. Well, he does write the best manga after all.
Ashirogi Muto needs to step up to Niizuma's challenge!!

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-15, 14:38   Link #940
Xagzan

I kind of expected Orihara to have a higher voice, but well, he's not really that important

Oh Kaya. Let us love you~ I haven't seen many characters who make people look forward to something so simple as letting her hair down, but then, I'm guilty of that as well

Yoshida and Hiramaru really do get funnier together each new scene, as I'm being reminded now. Yoshida is one magnificent bastard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallen4life View Post
bitchy Iwase is hot Iwase
Can't deny that...

Annnnnd, there's her thing for Hattori

Tags
comedy, comic works, coming of age, shounen