AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-06-07, 22:34   Link #81
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

It's like what, a month? xD They're raised from the dead. Whoopee!
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-07, 22:47   Link #82
domino
デレデレ

Yay, BakaNeko lives again!! Ten thousand thank yous to BakaNeko for subbing this difficult series. ^_^

I'm so happy~... now this new episode can chase away those pesky intelligent thoughts in my mind and replace them with thoughts of "lol wtf?".
domino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-07, 23:27   Link #83
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Yippeee!!!!! BakaNeko returns! Thanks for continuing Gintama.
Old 2006-06-08, 11:39   Link #84
a-chan
*ZZZzzzzzz*

YATTA!!!!!!!!!

Episode 4 finally out!! THX Bakaneko!!!I laughed a lot watching this one!!

Now I long to see the next ones!!
a-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-03, 03:12   Link #85
Tsume

Good grief, this is the last series I would have picked to have such a dead thread... I wish BakaNeko wouldn't take so long between releases, but at least they're still subbing this show. I'm amazed they're still the only ones doing it... Oh well. Here's hoping ep 5 will be out soon.
Tsume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-05, 03:59   Link #86
domino
デレデレ

yeah, I thought this would be the #1 fansub of the season, but surprisingly no one is subbing it. Maybe because they use difficult Japanese? Either way, it's a shame the subs are so behind....

... because the new ending video (starting with episode 14) kicks ass. I want that song so bad ~ ... is a single out? If that band is Japanese, their English is flawless...
Old 2006-07-05, 05:12   Link #87
rain...

The ending single should be out on 19th July. 'Mr Raindrop' by Amplified. Sorry to say but they're not Japanese.
rain... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-13, 20:23   Link #88
domino
デレデレ

The first volume of Gintama comes out on DVD in about 2 weeks!! (July 26)

The DVD cover is awesome. It looks like a serious badass series DVD cover until you look down and notice he's grabbing his crotch Just like in the manga pictures... This show is so special.

I hope someone is still subbing it... ._.
Old 2006-07-17, 20:58   Link #89
lommm
l'homme de lommm

well, that DVD cover is pure gold!!!

if i had never heard of this series and i saw that, i would instantly think of buying it because you can tell that the makers of the show are not quite right in the head!

I will also add my two cents about the subbing...

the folks at BakaNeko do an amazing job with this series... except that they are hardly doing it at all... they are over 10 episodes behind... basically they just did the eps that introduce most of the main characters and the general premise behind the show... then they stalled... i speak enough Japanese to know that this has to be one of the hardest shows to sub of everything that is airing right now... it's fast... really fast... it has a million cultural references that either need notes at the top of the screen or a serparate file of notes (like Yorishiku does for Ergo Proxy), and they are not using simple Japanese... the jokes are often built around the language and take a really keen ear to pick up... it would be a real challenge for anyone to sub this...

which is why i'm surprised... there has to be at least one group out there who loves a real challenge... i know that some groups are subbing in part to expand their mastery of the language... well, this show wou;d be a great opportunity...

even if DB's translations are questionable from time to time, this show sure seems like it's right up their ally... it's an ongoing type series with lots of jokes and fighting... and it's a reall challenge to translate... I wonder why they didn't pick it up...??

well, if any subbers read this and you think you have space on your schedule for another series, please pick up Gintama... it's the kind of series that begs for subtitles...

EP15... Gin-san dressed as Eyeshield21's Kobayakawa... has there ever been a manga/anime character more obsessed with Jump than Gintoki?? lol (remember when he said he wanted bankai?)

**((btw, i just realized that Gintoki is voiced by the same seiyu that did Kyon on Haruhi Suzumiya... that guy is histerical!)**
lommm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-01, 15:01   Link #90
Gintoki
Positive

OMG
what has happened to the subbing of gintama
i dont have alot of space on my comptuer so i havent been able to download teh raws
so i have only seen the 4 subbed episodes

also is the dvd like the import ones?
where they are subbed but badly?
cause if it is i would love to buy it
Gintoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-01, 22:54   Link #91
domino
デレデレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintoki
OMG
what has happened to the subbing of gintama
i dont have alot of space on my comptuer so i havent been able to download teh raws
so i have only seen the 4 subbed episodes

also is the dvd like the import ones?
where they are subbed but badly?
cause if it is i would love to buy it
Japanese anime DVDs do not come with English subtitles. Ever.

If you find a copy with subtitles (the infamous bad subtitles you speak of), they are Chinese bootleg copies. Do not buy them -- they're very illegal and not a dime of the money goes to anyone who deserves it.

I hope someone will pick up subbing this series so people won't have to resort to bootlegs. :\ I love this show, but I refuse to buy a bootleg sub copy...
Old 2006-08-02, 01:19   Link #92
Zappster

That's not entirely true. The limited edition DVD of the FMA movie came with english subtitles, they may have come with the normal edition as well but I'm not sure on that. So it does happen, it's just a very very rare occurrence.
Zappster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-02, 05:35   Link #93
domino
デレデレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappster
That's not entirely true. The limited edition DVD of the FMA movie came with english subtitles, they may have come with the normal edition as well but I'm not sure on that. So it does happen, it's just a very very rare occurrence.
That's the first case I've heard of that happening, but I guess there's always one or two exceptions to rules out there.. Thanks for the info.

But now that I think about it, Gintama barely makes any sense even with an ACCURATE translation... could anyone imagine trying to watch it with crappy bootleg-quality subtitles?
Old 2006-08-02, 15:32   Link #94
lommm
l'homme de lommm

is the manga still going? i know viz licensed the manga so i don't think anyone is scanning it anymore, but i was wondering if it's still going in jump... **EDIT** nevermind, i found on wiki where it is still ongoing **

also, has anyone checked out the gintama jp websites? they are pretty sweet and have a lot of stuff on them...

http://annex.s-manga.net/gintama/

http://www.j-gintama.com/

anyway, i really don't understand why someone doesn't attempt to sub this

if someone wanted to help me translate (cuz i still don't understand everything they say in the raws), i would be all timing/encoding, etc... at least, until someone licenses it... i'm not talking speed subbing here, but at least picking up with ep 05 since bakaneko stopped doing it

btw, when you look on anidb, there was an english subber (bakaneko), a spanish subber and a french subber... all three stalled at ep 04... what gives?

Last edited by lommm; 2006-08-02 at 15:52.
Old 2006-08-02, 16:45   Link #95
domino
デレデレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by lommm
is the manga still going? i know viz licensed the manga so i don't think anyone is scanning it anymore, but i was wondering if it's still going in jump... **EDIT** nevermind, i found on wiki where it is still ongoing **

also, has anyone checked out the gintama jp websites? they are pretty sweet and have a lot of stuff on them...

http://annex.s-manga.net/gintama/

http://www.j-gintama.com/

anyway, i really don't understand why someone doesn't attempt to sub this

if someone wanted to help me translate (cuz i still don't understand everything they say in the raws), i would be all timing/encoding, etc... at least, until someone licenses it... i'm not talking speed subbing here, but at least picking up with ep 05 since bakaneko stopped doing it

btw, when you look on anidb, there was an english subber (bakaneko), a spanish subber and a french subber... all three stalled at ep 04... what gives?

The manga is still going quite strong. It's one of Japan's most popular manga, right up there with other Jump hits like Naruto and Bleach. So why the heck isn't anyone subbing this? Hmmm...

And the spanish and french subbers probably stopped at episode 4 as well because they were too lazy to find a Japanese translator and just translated their scripts from BakaNeko's English release instead of translating the Japanese....
Old 2006-08-02, 17:30   Link #96
shiroro
軍曹

Quote:
Originally Posted by lommm
anyway, i really don't understand why someone doesn't attempt to sub this if someone wanted to help me translate (cuz i still don't understand everything they say in the raws), i would be all timing/encoding, etc... at least, until someone licenses it... i'm not talking speed subbing here, but at least picking up with ep 05 since bakaneko stopped doing it
I don't really get it either. There are translators who can do mechanical terms in Gundam. I don't see what's so hard about Gintama to be honest. Aside from the slang, old words, dialects and Japanese in-jokes. . . (insert sarcastic laugh here) Okay, it's hard I guess. Explaining all the jokes will take time.

Well, I'm a native translator looking for a decent group (not one full of newbies or languages outside English) who can fansub. I decided to come out of the hole in search for a group willing to take me. x_x I don't usually work for fansubs, but I want Gintama to at least be decently out. . . . but, most likely I will drop it once Katekyo Hitman Reborn anime starts in Autumn.

I'm up for take.
shiroro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-02, 19:20   Link #97
Zappster

You maybe better off posting in the help wanted thread in the fansub groups forum.

If you do change your mind about finding a decent group with experienced subbers, I'd be willing to pitch in and help. Perhaps we could get something similar to what Simoun-Fans have going i.e. a bunch of fans getting together and subbing the show. I can do a some typesetting and timing although I'm not very experienced in either fields. I could also help QC stuff.

Whilst I don't think it's the best show around I would at least like to see more of it subbed to the extent that I'd be willing to help towards that goal.
Zappster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-02, 19:31   Link #98
shiroro
軍曹

Yes, I was thinking of that, but I've contacted several groups already, so I'm just waiting for their response. If they don't get back to me in the next few days, I'll post an ad there. I've been getting a lot of people interested but. . . none of them have a definite answer. Also I am no way going to start a project by myself so. . . if no one gets back to me. . . oh well.
shiroro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-03, 05:08   Link #99
lommm
l'homme de lommm

so are you saying if one of these groups contacts you, you would translate along with other translators? or if they contacted you, would you be doing solo translating while the other members just put it together for you?
Old 2006-08-03, 08:32   Link #100
a-chan
*ZZZzzzzzz*

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino
And the spanish and french subbers probably stopped at episode 4 as well because they were too lazy to find a Japanese translator and just translated their scripts from BakaNeko's English release instead of translating the Japanese....
As a french Gintama fan, I can answer you. When the show started I contact many french fansub teams asking if they would sub this show...They told me that most of french team do: english->french translation and that japenese->french translation is a really rare thing 'cauz there's only a few japenese translators....Such a pity!!!

I'm dying to watch english subs....
a-chan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, shounen