Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-06-07, 14:28   Link #1081
takai
Easy Muffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Yeah, because all gamers getting screwed over will be a good thing?
Nope. It'll finally calm all this hate between each other down. It's been undeniably ridiculous up till now.
takai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 14:31   Link #1082
GDB

No it won't. It'll be one group blaming the other group, while the other laughs that they aren't alone.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 14:40   Link #1083
Xagzan

All I know is, I'm getting a Wii U eventually. Everything else is up in the air at this point--although regarding Xbone, it's almost come crashing back down.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 14:42   Link #1084
takai
Easy Muffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
No it won't. It'll be one group blaming the other group, while the other laughs that they aren't alone.
Why would one group blame another for something a company has complete control over?

In all honesty, PlayStation fans should've seen this coming. It's a new age. Things are a lot different than they were back in 2006, which is why these new policies are going to be enforced. I don't like these new policies anymore than the next guy, but PlayStation fans probably should've been watching their mouths if they didn't want to be laughed at.
Old 2013-06-07, 14:43   Link #1085
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
All I know is, I'm getting a Wii U eventually. Everything else is up in the air at this point--although regarding Xbone, it's almost come crashing back down.
All I know is that I'm 99% sure of not buying an Xbox One. The current experience of watching my 360 slowly get covered with dust due to the lack of games has made sure of that. Microsoft banking so much on streaming and other services that aren't available where I live just helps me push that number up
Old 2013-06-07, 14:44   Link #1086
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by takai View Post
Why would one group blame another for something a company has complete control over?

In all honesty, PlayStation fans should've seen this coming. It's a new age. Things are a lot different than they were back in 2006, which is why these new policies are going to be enforced. I don't like them anymore than the next guy, but PlayStation fans probably should've been watching their mouths if they didn't want to be laughed at.
As I say, I will give Playstation the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise. They said they won't do it; and no leak claimed that they were lying. Any speculation that Sony is identical to MS is false equivalence. I will get mad at Sony if and when they did something to get mad about, but not to get mad at them because of what MICROSOFT did, that would be crazy.
Old 2013-06-07, 14:45   Link #1087
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
No such thing as Sony or M$ fans, just gamers.
Old 2013-06-07, 14:46   Link #1088
takai
Easy Muffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
All I know is that I'm 99% sure of not buying an Xbox One. The current experience of watching my 360 slowly get covered with dust due to the lack of games has made sure of that. Microsoft banking so much on streaming and other services that aren't available where I live just helps me push that number up
I blame the lack of franchises the Xbox has for that. Mine's been the same way since I got tired of playing Halo. But these 8 new franchises and 7 returning franchises sounds promising. That's of course if they're even released on the 360.But at least Microsoft is starting to get with the program franchise wise.
Old 2013-06-07, 14:48   Link #1089
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Actually, before this whole debacle, that was actually the same reason I was considering foregoing the next Xbox system. Because my 360 has also been largely a dust collector throughout its life cycle. Aside from the Mass Effects, which aren't even exclusive anymore, and the Xbox 1 game Panzer Dragoon Orta which I am now vigorously replaying, I've barely used it at all. Oh, and for the old Banjo Kazooie games on XBLA.

Of course now, which all this dystopian crap Microsoft is pulling, even if I had used my 360 a lot, I doubt I'd want to fetch this Bone
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 14:48   Link #1090
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
As I say, I will give Playstation the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise. They said they won't do it; and no leak claimed that they were lying. Any speculation that Sony is identical to MS is false equivalence. I will get mad at Sony if and when they did something to get mad about, but not to get mad at them because of what MICROSOFT did, that would be crazy.
Simple: we've had dozens of leaks regarding the used game scenario Microsoft just announced for the better part of the last two years.

Sony on the other hand has had plenty of leaks regarding the use of Gaikai-based technology (which we know is coming on the PS4). I'm not a big fan of that (since it's effectively DRM) but at least PS4 games will still come in disks.

Also: I'm almost 100% sure that Sony will keep up the practice of bundling Network Passes with their new games like they do on the Vita. It's annoying yes but since I don't really play online I don't really care much for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tong View Post
I wish that were true.
Old 2013-06-07, 14:48   Link #1091
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tong View Post
No, there are definitely Sony, Nintendo, and Microsoft fans. To claim otherwise is being naive. That's not to say you have to be a fan of one of them, but there are definitely brand loyal fans. Always have been, always will be.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 14:50   Link #1092
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Who plays multiplayer anything on a Sony console, anyway?

The XBOX One is pointless.
The Wii U is an amusing curiosity at best.
The 3DS is for Monster Hunter and Pokemon.
The PS4 and Vita are for JRPGs.

The PC is for everything else.

Old 2013-06-07, 14:51   Link #1093
takai
Easy Muffin

Quote:
No, there are definitely Sony, Nintendo, and Microsoft fans. To claim otherwise is being naive. That's not to say you have to be a fan of one of them, but there are definitely brand loyal fans. Always have been, always will be.
I think there's a difference between loyal fans and fans who think one console is the best and can't be beaten by another though.
Old 2013-06-07, 14:52   Link #1094
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Who plays multiplayer anything on a Sony console, anyway?

The XBOX One is pointless.
The Wii U is an amusing curiosity at best.
The 3DS is for Monster Hunter and Pokemon.
The PS4 and Vita are for JRPGs.

The PC is for everything else.

I wish I could +rep you for that. So true... So true...

EDIT: the Wii U will eventually turn into the Mario Kart/Smash Bros. machine xD
Old 2013-06-07, 14:57   Link #1095
saravis

Quote:
I think there's a difference between loyal fans and fans who think one console is the best and can't be beaten by another though.
Yes those are called "fanboys" and they do very much exist. Frequent just about any gaming forum and you'll see them religiously defending whatever idiotic decision their beloved company is making.
Old 2013-06-07, 15:04   Link #1096
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

http://www.destructoid.com/xbox-one-...y-255583.phtml
Old 2013-06-07, 15:08   Link #1097
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
You're wrong about this, though. Gamers are partially at fault when such things are implemented. As long as there are enough people for them to make a profit, they will process to screw the gamers further. It's like all those Japanese who keep on complaining about their government, but don't bother to participate in the voting.

If Sony follows suit, there won't such thing as calming the hate, because there will be the "PC master race" makes their entrance. It'll only pour more fuel into the burning flame.
Old 2013-06-07, 17:20   Link #1098
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
I figure that most consumers won't even care. We've been largely trained to not worry about consumer rights being taken away. I'm actually surprised that the response to Microsoft's announcement is this strong.
Video game companies have occasionally done some questionable things from a consumer rights perspective. But they were either mild annoyances, or things you just shake your head at, or things that only affect a particular game or two.

This is much wider in scope, and larger in scale.

Like Vallen said, this isn't a background issue anymore. It's not like, say, same-day DLC.

No, this effects every aspect of the console, and the games you play on it. It is a dramatic shift.

Plus, another difference is that there's no pros and cons this time. I think many gamers viewed things like same-day DLC as the price for having DLC to begin with. DLC isn't inherently anti-gamer or anti-consumer. There are ways that it can make things better for gamers. An obvious example is that instead of having to buy a physical patch to update your game in a "brick and mortar" store, or have it snail-mailed to you directly, you can just get it straight off the internet. Very convenient by comparison.

But there's no pros and cons with the XBox One's new "features". That's very obvious by how Microsoft is trying to pass off things that were always true for consoles (the ability for everybody in your family to play the games) as some new, recent "feature".

Last edited by Triple_R; 2013-06-07 at 17:56.
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 17:49   Link #1099
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Quote:
Sure, there are fans for everything and anything, but these gamers just happen to like Nintendo games for example.

It's just that I find rather pointless to choose sides, since well, you can't really trust corporations these days, only their products.
Old 2013-06-07, 18:40   Link #1100
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?