AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Vampire Knight

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-04-14, 21:55   Link #1
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Vampire Knight - Spoilers & Speculation (for experienced VKers only)

This thread is for the experienced Vampire Knight viewer (i.e. those of you who are familiar with potentially all the manga), its purpose is to allow free discussion of theories and speculation over the Vampire Knight anime series, it therefore will contain unmarked spoilers. If you are a manga virgin of Vampire Knight, then do not read this thread unless you want to be spoiled (use the Vampire Knight - Speculation & Theories (for first time viewers) thread).

Since posters are expected to be familiar with the manga, there is no real need for spoiler tags, but feel free to include them if you so wish.

Adding a Spoiler tag:
Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
Make sure that you include a title that clearly identifies the specific source of the spoiler!

Finally, please remain on-topic and do not use this thread if it's just discussion about the current or previous anime episodes. Also remember that this isn't a manga discussion thread, if you do want to discuss the manga then please use the existing Vampire Knight Manga Discussion thread.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing

Last edited by xris; 2008-04-25 at 13:02.
Old 2008-04-24, 15:26   Link #2
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i'm wondering how far they'll go into the story and how much they'll deviate from it to fill their 13 alloted eps for the first season. (even though i'm still not buying that its 13 x2, rather than 26 straight)

if they do split it in two, a reasonable place to stop would be after Shizuka
Old 2008-04-24, 21:26   Link #3
Kaijin
かいじん

If they keep the pace at which they are going (1 ep = 1 ch), then ending on chapter 26 would make no sense (if it is indeed 26 episodes in all). After the Shizuka-arc would be a good place to go on hiatus & hopefully followed by another season, but that would still leave a lot of unanswered questions (until the manga ends anyway)....then again the industry isn't shy about ending a series with a subtle..."now-go-read-the-manga-to-find-out-what-happens-next". I'm sure if this series is popular and the ratings are good, they will give it a fair run and may add more episodes than originally planned. At least I hope so.
Old 2008-04-24, 21:50   Link #4
Queeny
<3

I think it's gonna be around 39 Ep or even 50

cuz the manga is still going ... so if they make the anime end at 26 Ep ..

Then what about the other Chapters ?? please no filler T_T

this is really a disaster <_<
Old 2008-04-24, 22:59   Link #5
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Spoiler for Yuki:
Old 2008-04-24, 23:24   Link #6
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

she'll get all the powers of a pure blood. thus far we know:
1. can control other vampires
2. generative abilities
3. can "project" attacks. as seen with Kaname punching a hole in the wall next to Ichijou, and as seen by yuuki when she first realized she was a vampire and scratched up the room around her.
Old 2008-04-25, 08:08   Link #7
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

But, as far as I remembered (not an avid VK reader), she's still acting as if she's the scullery maid instead of the dark princess. Kinda makes you go, "When will she start kicking butt?"
Old 2008-04-25, 08:11   Link #8
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
But, as far as I remembered (not an avid VK reader), she's still acting as if she's the scullery maid instead of the dark princess. Kinda makes you go, "When will she start kicking butt?"
LOL! That was my complaint in her character thread.

So now that Zero has all the remaining purebloods' blood. Could this possibly mean that he no longer has the risk of becoming a level E? Kaname said that he gave Shizuka's blood to Zero through himself.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
Old 2008-04-25, 11:11   Link #9
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Can I just say now that I can though I will still tag it...

Spoiler for Kaname and Yuuki:
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2008-04-25, 13:16   Link #10
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i can see them putting around two chapters per ep, because some of chapters are sort of dry, which will leave they around the mid twenties, which is conveniently where the Shizuka arc ends.
Old 2008-04-25, 14:35   Link #11
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post

[/TH][/TR][/table]
Old 2008-04-25, 16:08   Link #12
zetsubousensei
zoku!

Quote:

I think we all made that face when we read chap35. I was like....YES! Now they can't get together, but then as we all know, both Kaname and Yuuki's parents were....you know what I'm saying here.

Ok, so the one chap per episode theory, I don't know...but, if they could end at the Shizuka arc that would be ideal. Though like stated earlier, we alllll know that those dang creators aren't unknown for ending an anime randomly in the middle of some arc and us all non-manga readers going..wth was that? Thank goodness I'm reading the manga here, but I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled something like that off.
Old 2008-04-25, 19:39   Link #13
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
i can see them putting around two chapters per ep, because some of chapters are sort of dry, which will leave they around the mid twenties, which is conveniently where the Shizuka arc ends.
I reread the first two volumes last night since I'm going to finally catch up with the manga (seeing this split into 2x13 series was the last straw, no point waiting when it won't go past what I've read for a long time). I can see them ignoring Yuuki and Zero going into town where the run into a e class vampire since the episode 3 original material already covered that stuff.. with Yuukis fear in going out alone, Zero's "comrade" and Zero's brother. Also no need to do the Zero/Lily bit since Lily's already been shown.. so that can save another 10 pages. They still really need to up the pace if they want to end the first 13 at Shizuka. Next episode needs to end it with Zero's mentor for sure...

Btw is the 26 episodes split into 2x13 confirmed?
Old 2008-04-25, 21:49   Link #14
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Next episode needs to end it with Zero's mentor for sure...
I love that guy

Quote:
Btw is the 26 episodes split into 2x13 confirmed?
I think Moonphase listed the second part with a seperarte start and finish date but it didnt have a real date so I dunno.

Kaname x Yuuki was/is one of my OTP's so when chap 35 happened I was like...great...
Now I know what you all mean with pureblood vampires so again its possible but I think my OTP has been killed
If she ends up with Zero, Ill really scream though.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2008-04-26, 00:12   Link #15
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

in the manga, Yuuki seems to have no fear of vampires, which is something they added into the anime too. because yuuki was already to take down that one she met in the street, but zero was like, wham!1 bam.. and Ichijou was like, hack and slash... and yuuki was like, wtf, i could have taken that
Old 2008-04-26, 00:25   Link #16
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
If she ends up with Zero, Ill really scream though.
Eh? But I thought you said you don't really care who she ends up with.

But one interesting thing though, I'm predicting that things go awry - like we all know how nothing in anime/manga goes according to plan - this would force Kaname to face Rido. Kaname, being the ancestor of all Kuran family, gets killed. Kaname may actually predict he may face death (possibly his link to Rido is such that if Rido dies he will too - and that's what he means by being free) that's why he has all three Kuran bloodline go into Zero and make him the new King piece. Yuki ends up with Zero....and I watch Manju Bun scream.

Meh, it's a I-thought-up-in-one-minute theory but it's a possibility.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
Old 2008-04-26, 06:14   Link #17
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Zero receiving an "upgrade": sounds pretty cool. Also, the power of the true-bloods will be shown if it can turn a doomed half-man, half-vamp hybrid into a powerful vampire.
Old 2008-05-01, 23:41   Link #18
Ayachan

there's alot of qns not answered.
i hope matsuri hino will explain those soon >.<
Old 2008-05-02, 03:24   Link #19
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
Eh? But I thought you said you don't really care who she ends up with.
True but remember Kaname x Yuuki was an OTP of mine til recently so Im still hoping. And I said I dont mind if in the end she's "with" Zero but not with Zero (yeah like that makes sense ) More of we're here together but not in a romantic way.

What if Kaname kills Rido but it seriously wounded or something in the end??? Gah as much as I hate admitting this I see Kaname dying before Zero.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2008-05-02, 16:53   Link #20
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
So now that Zero has all the remaining purebloods' blood. Could this possibly mean that he no longer has the risk of becoming a level E?
This is a bit late, but I'd like to point out that Zero doesn't have all the remaining purebloods' blood. First there is Rido, who is also a pureblood himself, then there's the girl that Kaname met at the party where Yuuki sneaked in. So right now there are four purebloods around that we know of, and Zero has the blood of two of those, and of Shizuka (through Kaname). There are probably even more purebloods around somewhere, for all we know.

As for falling to Level E, I take it he will succumb to it eventually unless he can keep drinking Yuuki's blood, but then Kaname has been messing with him on purpose for quite some time, and then there's the hunter's curse which still has to be resolved, so Zero is somewhat of a special case. He just might transform past that "eventual degeneration" stage.
Closed Thread