AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2016-06-18, 10:01   Link #741
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direwolf18 View Post
Yea. Bakas ability to take a series from nothing to complete faster then some other translators I could name translate a single chapter is kinda staggering. It really helps the flow and "pacing" of the series. There was what an update every day except for a "break" of a week where Baka just translated an entire frigging volume on his so called break. I'm not saying there weren't slower chapters. But if we got those said slow chapters in drive and drabs Over a couple of months instead of a single day it would be pretty painful.

I have the same issue with shnimai. I love the series but until the translation effort gets farther along and I can binge read without interruption I am not bothering.
Thats all true but there's another piece to it. Message me and i'll explain what i mean.

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-18, 10:12   Link #742
Ayato_kanzaki

I'm not convinced, but let's stop here. Further discussion on this topic is going to become irritating for the readers of this forum.

Rather, here's some speculation for volume 8, fueled by the "core reinstallation" tidbit:

Spoiler for Unde spoiler tag for those who don't like to read speculations who may or may not turn out to be right:
Ayato_kanzaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-18, 11:35   Link #743
EvI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayato_kanzaki View Post
I'm not convinced, but let's stop here. Further discussion on this topic is going to become irritating for the readers of this forum.

Rather, here's some speculation for volume 8, fueled by the "core reinstallation" tidbit:

Spoiler for Unde spoiler tag for those who don't like to read speculations who may or may not turn out to be right:
Nice thinking, for me is
Spoiler for spoiler:

Anyway i just hope Grace didn't die in that nuke Thanatos used to blew half of the capital, we need more sisters sandwichs in the future as well ...though in the end the first one was for nothing with the gods appearing basically sayin' "you ain't savin' sh*t" BOOOOOM

B.U.T it was great to read that noneless \o/

Also in that last chapter of volume 7, Kei raised the subject of "is Nayuta really dead?" so this to me already confirms, crazy mom is still out there in some form and she'll return next time... as ally, maybe... i hope so...
EvI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-18, 11:42   Link #744
Direwolf18

I am HIGHLY skeptical we have seen the last of Nayuta.
Direwolf18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-18, 11:58   Link #745
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayato_kanzaki View Post
Technically, no. But in several scenes, it came so close that it doesn't really matter. There was no bullshit reason for blueballing like some other novels, so it will probably happen soon.

Still, I consider Hxh different from other outwardly similar novel like Hagure Yuusha and Shinmai Maou, because the scenario is good enough that it would be worth reading even without the hentai.

Awwww that's suck... I need something to lick my wound...
Old 2016-06-19, 03:44   Link #746
blueexorcist

It seems like the the next volume going to be the last or second last volume I dont want it to end so fast..
blueexorcist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-19, 03:46   Link #747
Dragon_Slayer_X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direwolf18 View Post
I am HIGHLY skeptical we have seen the last of Nayuta.
I had the impression that she is supposed to be something like the Last Boss......they don't die that easily.
Dragon_Slayer_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-19, 03:50   Link #748
bakapervert
A pervert

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueexorcist View Post
It seems like the the next volume going to be the last or second last volume I dont want it to end so fast..
It takes seven volume to take care of Vatlantis. Hopefully it will take about the same amount for this Deus ex Machina. Though I guess this series will end around 12 or 14 volume seeing as how this gods will be really the final boss.
Old 2016-06-19, 05:25   Link #749
OmegaWeaponZ

Seems like Kizuna will really become a demon king then if he indeed takes on the Gods.

Looking at the story though, does anyone else agree with me when I say that the story is somewhat based of Christianity? Very loosely at the least.
Old 2016-06-19, 05:27   Link #750
bakapervert
A pervert

^Where do you see that?
Old 2016-06-19, 05:32   Link #751
OmegaWeaponZ

Genesis, babel, Gods wrath, the exodus of people from one nation to another, dragon like creatures during the end of the world along with four heavenly beings bringing about the end. If Kizuna indeed takes on the gods, he could be considered a devil, sine he makes use of their power. Making use of Genesis to obtain knowledge is akin to eating the forbidden fruit of the tree of knowledge

I know that some of the aspects also point to other mythologies. In fact, perhaps I should correct my earlier statement in that it borrows from a lot of mythologies, just that for me, i see a lot more from Abrahamic religions being borrowed.
Old 2016-06-19, 05:44   Link #752
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

Yeah, yeah,yeah... just fuck your harem, Great Demon King Kizuna~~
Old 2016-06-19, 07:22   Link #753
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaWeaponZ View Post
Genesis, babel, Gods wrath, the exodus of people from one nation to another, dragon like creatures during the end of the world along with four heavenly beings bringing about the end. If Kizuna indeed takes on the gods, he could be considered a devil, sine he makes use of their power. Making use of Genesis to obtain knowledge is akin to eating the forbidden fruit of the tree of knowledge

I know that some of the aspects also point to other mythologies. In fact, perhaps I should correct my earlier statement in that it borrows from a lot of mythologies, just that for me, i see a lot more from Abrahamic religions being borrowed.
All that may be true and thats fine. But bro lets face it. We dont read it to compare it to other mythologies we read it because we're getting what harem fans have dreamed of for a long time. Erotic action without the MC being an absolute pussy and the girls all want in on the action.

We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
Old 2016-06-19, 10:31   Link #754
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
All that may be true and thats fine. But bro lets face it. We dont read it to compare it to other mythologies we read it because we're getting what harem fans have dreamed of for a long time. Erotic action without the MC being an absolute pussy and the girls all want in on the action.
Yest, but that doesn't mean that parallels can't be drawn regardless. And I'm kinda intrigued that Omega saw those parallels myself.
Old 2016-06-19, 10:57   Link #755
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

Phew~ Climax hybrid~~
Old 2016-06-19, 18:20   Link #756
beast 666
Dragon Of The Destruction

well, if we talk about the history of HXH. I would say that it is a very incredible story, uses common things of mythologies (an example is the presence of Atlantis among other things) as a base, and this is something that leaves you very satisfied, another key thing are the erotic scenes since increasingly seem to be more hardcore and intense! and are justified erotic scenes, in compared to SMNK, since they always show us the same scenes of Mio and Basara with the other members of his harem, and there are occasions where don't make sense and you become bored which to my makes me think that SMNK should reduce its content of ecchi and take their history seriously, unlike of HXH is taken more seriously its history which allows the reader to be in a state of suspense at the end of each volume, to know what will happen after (that is the case of the v2, v3, v4, v5 and v7) this is good since a time that you start to read HXH not you satisfied until you finish all the volumes.
While SMNK does not cause the same feeling for myself which is a series without much importance in its history.
Old 2016-06-20, 01:10   Link #757
superior13

Quote:
Originally Posted by beast 666 View Post
well, if we talk about the history of HXH. I would say that it is a very incredible story, uses common things of mythologies (an example is the presence of Atlantis among other things) as a base, and this is something that leaves you very satisfied, another key thing are the erotic scenes since increasingly seem to be more hardcore and intense! and are justified erotic scenes, in compared to SMNK, since they always show us the same scenes of Mio and Basara with the other members of his harem, and there are occasions where don't make sense and you become bored which to my makes me think that SMNK should reduce its content of ecchi and take their history seriously, unlike of HXH is taken more seriously its history which allows the reader to be in a state of suspense at the end of each volume, to know what will happen after (that is the case of the v2, v3, v4, v5 and v7) this is good since a time that you start to read HXH not you satisfied until you finish all the volumes.
While SMNK does not cause the same feeling for myself which is a series without much importance in its history.
HxH's pacing is like a Michael bay action film. There's lots of "pew pew" and things seem to happen extremely fast with cliff hangers galore. It's definitely an interesting approach to story telling. I will say that the lewd scenes aren't necessarily on SMNK's level yet, and sometimes they drag on way too long. I don't see the point behind the harem when Aine seems like the only girl in the series to have any true emotional attachment to Kizuna that extends beyond the lewd scenes.

I don't necessarily agree with SMNK having pointless lewd scenes since most of them are actually used for character development and to show how the bonds between Basara and the girls grow. I think the series does a pretty good job balancing it's story along with the lewd scenes. I personally like that there isn't Michael Bay style action every volume, and the author is willing to write volumes that are predominantly slice of life and politics. Most of SMNK's world building happens in volumes 8 and 9. So if you haven't read them then I understand where you are coming from, but the story does get ridiculously better though.
superior13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-20, 02:41   Link #758
OmegaWeaponZ

^ I disagree with the whole 'Aine being the sole girl to have emotional attachment' argument. The case that there exists emotional attachment with the others can be highlighted mostly by his interactions with the girls from Amaterasu(Not saying that there exist non amongst the others - there is, especially Scarlet and Gravel.)

Yurishia - she was basically put on a pedestal her entire life. The people(mostly the males) around her tried to use her in their schemes. Her allies(admitingly) were weak, further developing her notion that all others were weak and incompetent, which pushed her to the extremes whilst fighting. Then she was saved, by the weakest of the weak(at the time), not for self gain, but from the goodness of his heart. He saved her despite the irrationality of the act. For the logical Yurishia(yes I consider her a thinker, despite her usual demeanor, she shows depth in her thoughts), this had a positive effect on her. Furthermore, with the events with Scarlet, this is further cemented, and slowly, as seen with her camaraderie and team work with the other Amaterasu later on, it seems that she has improved over the series. This all, was caused by Kizuna. Hence, clear reason why she has developed strong emotional attachment to him.

Himekawa - she had a trauma from her past experience, a regret that warped her personality to the extremes(ie. it was the reason why she became the strict disciplinary member she is today). Faced again with her object of her trauma, she went off the rails, rushing head long into battle, despite the irrationality of it. At the end, when she gave up on everything, it was Kizuna who picked her up from that abyss of self loathing and despair. He gave her new meaning to why she was fighting, a new reason. This, also, has been the impetus for her growth in the series.

Sylvia - her entire existence, her reason for living, ever since the AU2 conflict was to take revenge and reclaim her homeland at all costs. At the prospect of not being able to do so(alas, this was also caused by Kizuna), left her in a sudden existional crisis. It Kizuna, who explained his reasoning to her for not wanting her to join at the time, that both comforted her and gave her a new perspective on the value of her life.

The development of these three could be best described when they tearfully sent Kizuna off from the coliseum at the beginning of volume 5.

In Kizuna's case, the best example that could show his bond with them, was in volume 6 when, despite the circumstances and situation, he turned back when they called his name. Despite the irrationality if the act, her tuned to their appearance, almost instinctually.

Also, @imperial, in regards to finding the links between the story and myths, I tend to do that a lot with the books I read, since i really do enjoy reading about them(in fact it was one of my job choices.). So while , yes, I did start reading this story due to the ecchiness and harem setting, having the link is something I also enjoy. Pardon me for doing so.

Last edited by OmegaWeaponZ; 2016-06-20 at 03:20.
OmegaWeaponZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-20, 04:35   Link #759
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaWeaponZ View Post

Also, @imperial, in regards to finding the links between the story and myths, I tend to do that a lot with the books I read, since i really do enjoy reading about them(in fact it was one of my job choices.). So while , yes, I did start reading this story due to the ecchiness and harem setting, having the link is something I also enjoy. Pardon me for doing so.
I'm not saying its a bad thing at all. If i did my bad. its impressive that you find them i'll say that much. I dont think about things that much personally

Old 2016-06-23, 18:24   Link #760
beast 666
Dragon Of The Destruction

Quote:
Originally Posted by superior13 View Post
HxH's pacing is like a Michael bay action film. There's lots of "pew pew" and things seem to happen extremely fast with cliff hangers galore. It's definitely an interesting approach to story telling. I will say that the lewd scenes aren't necessarily on SMNK's level yet, and sometimes they drag on way too long. I don't see the point behind the harem when Aine seems like the only girl in the series to have any true emotional attachment to Kizuna that extends beyond the lewd scenes.
I disagree with your comment honestly as already mentioned it OmegaWeaponZ , HXH has a done very advanced characters where if the characters love to Kizuna by their actions and by their fighting spirit, compared on SMNK there are occasions where the characters fall in love of Basara in a very strange way, a clear example is the love that Basara have with Chisato (although Chisato to me is the only incredible girl in this series), there are occasions where the ecchi and erotic scenes abound it too, and history is not enough and is not taken seriously by the fans, there are times where the main reason to see / read SMNK is ecchi and scenes erotic, not for its history. For HxH its history is abundant enough to be synchronized with the erotic scenes allowing you to take more seriously the story and enjoy this very incredible story that grabs you from beginning to end. SMNK have a good story but there are occasions where its history is lost thanks to his ecchi /escenas erotic you can not take seriously its history or events happening. Conclusion both stories are very good, but HXH know very well as catch a reader with its synchronized with scenes erotic and his history, SMNK can not yet be synchronized (if someday shelved its unnecessary erotic scenes could be a too-amazing series).

Tags
action, bakapervert, borderline hentai, deceiving author, ecchi, harem, hentai artist, incest, sci-fi, true harem