Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-04-04, 19:14   Link #121
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Ignore official reviews, they're bound up in money and industry politics.

Read user reviews. T3B is a decent little shooter and definitely worth the twenty bucks I paid for it, but the story is completely retarded. If video games got grades, it would get a C.
Old 2011-04-04, 21:04   Link #122
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

This game should totally have a multiplayer.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-05, 00:40   Link #123
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
This game should totally have a multiplayer.
This comment I completely agree with.
Old 2011-04-07, 11:12   Link #124
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Just finished this game a couple days ago...

Hmm, overall, I think it's better than my expectation
the gameplay was fun, forced us to make strategies in order to advance, but too bad that the exploration is only around the HQ

And... I personally thought this game is kinda difficult to play, even on easy mode. Currently trying hard mode, and I died often the controls are kinda difficult too. I think they should improve the dodging mechanism and also the camera angles.

The story... well.. it's twisted but I personally feel that it's kinda okay. A lot of unexpected things, but I agree that there are a lot of things still vague. Well, at least now I know why Aya here is so moe compared to her earlier games

The graphic looks very nice too for a PSP game, not to mention the soundtracks

Overall, I'm pleased with this game.
Old 2011-04-07, 14:35   Link #125
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

I finished the game and I realised that the goddamn level cap for each energy board gene is only lvl 25.....and I went to the trouble of maxing Critical shot so I can do more shoot-dodges with Aya.

And it is only 25% max. Dammit - I should have take the linkage speed increase with the crossfire damage increase. But at least I got barrier at 15.....it is the best lifesaver of all the skills.

Healing is bullshit, so is restock. Cross-healing is fine if you are one who keeps using Crossfire.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2011-04-09, 03:07   Link #126
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I finished the game and I realised that the goddamn level cap for each energy board gene is only lvl 25.....and I went to the trouble of maxing Critical shot so I can do more shoot-dodges with Aya.

And it is only 25% max. Dammit - I should have take the linkage speed increase with the crossfire damage increase. But at least I got barrier at 15.....it is the best lifesaver of all the skills.

Healing is bullshit, so is restock. Cross-healing is fine if you are one who keeps using Crossfire.
The max. level was specified in the OE seminar files

Hmm... talking about the DNA boards, what are you guys recommending? I'm stuck at episode 3 at hard mode.... =_= currently at level 32. It's just too difficult for me.

As for the OE chips I used, they are:
- power surge
- crossfire link
- liberation power shot
- liberation healing
- energy defense
- overdive healing x2
- odds up
- random... currently it's overdive antibody

All of them are at level 15+ (don't really remember)

What I don't like about the chips is that most of the effects are activated by random chance =_= also, anyone know how to get the yellow (OD kill?) chips?

and some questions about weapons:
- What are you guys recommending?
- What's the difference in power and impact? coz it seems that we need to choose 1 of them
- and which is better? upgrading ammo capacity or ammo reserve?
Old 2011-04-09, 04:09   Link #127
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea View Post
As for the OE chips I used, they are:
- power surge
- crossfire link
- liberation power shot
- liberation healing
- energy defense
- overdive healing x2
- odds up
- random... currently it's overdive antibody

All of them are at level 15+ (don't really remember)

What I don't like about the chips is that most of the effects are activated by random chance =_= also, anyone know how to get the yellow (OD kill?) chips?
If I remember this correctly, OD Kill chip (Kill burst... I think? Played the JP version, so Iunno about the English) is the result from random synthesis of Healing x Antibody chips. It's the mutation class or sth. This is quite honestly, the chip that you will have levelled up 'till Lv 25 in Deadly and Critical mode, and basically your key to survive Hard Mode easier. (... As much as the -er goes anyway. I always died at least 10 times in chapter 3's DAMNED THINGS THAT STUCK THEMSELVES ON THE CEILINGS AND STOLE MY OD reserves COMRADES TO OBLIVION.)

Antibody and Healing sucks, honestly, so I will say to throw them away If anything, Lv 20+ Pre-Raise is a better gamble for the slot. As for Odds Up, it is useful if you're hunting for chips to level up yours, taking the spot for Crossfire Healing in my other board. Barrier (IllnessxIllness chip synth methinks) is a very nice lifesaver. I like Haste more than Liberation Healing, but it's up to you on that one. Last one I actually use is Restock, of all things, because of how much the enemies in Hard Mode and up is. So. Damn. Resilient.

As for the weapons, if you're playing in Hard Mode, I would suggest to have Assault weapons with high B-impact to OD Kill a lot. (Yeah, B-Impact allows you to get ODK chance way better. IOW, get it for your Hard Mode and up, in conjunction with Kill Burst Chip, it's basically your life-saver ). Shotgun is nice and all, but I wouldn't risk getting close to the enemies when they can make your health 1/2 in one attack. Plus it is useless against the bosses And in Hard Mode? Upgrading ammo reserve all the way. Reloading is fast enough and with high B-Impact, it's quite possible to get an ODK in one session.

Adjust the second free slot for what wold make the chapter/area easier to play. I'm more of a sniper person myself, as much as Launcher weapons is so awesome when I met Rollers in chapter 3 and Worm in chapter 4. But yeah, having to get an ODK chance in one/two shots are much more interesting to me

Of course, in the Final Boss, Assault weapon is your love. 8D

Last edited by Natsuki Hyuga; 2011-04-09 at 04:20.
Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-09, 10:44   Link #128
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
If I remember this correctly, OD Kill chip (Kill burst... I think? Played the JP version, so Iunno about the English) is the result from random synthesis of Healing x Antibody chips. It's the mutation class or sth. This is quite honestly, the chip that you will have levelled up 'till Lv 25 in Deadly and Critical mode, and basically your key to survive Hard Mode easier. (... As much as the -er goes anyway. I always died at least 10 times in chapter 3's DAMNED THINGS THAT STUCK THEMSELVES ON THE CEILINGS AND STOLE MY OD reserves COMRADES TO OBLIVION.)
I see. I very rarely got the yellow chips I was having problems on the running train part in which there are a lot of blue slackers and wads. Nowhere to hide, and their attacks hurt >_< (especially the wads, I hate those bubbles!).

Quote:
Antibody and Healing sucks, honestly, so I will say to throw them away If anything, Lv 20+ Pre-Raise is a better gamble for the slot. As for Odds Up, it is useful if you're hunting for chips to level up yours, taking the spot for Crossfire Healing in my other board. Barrier (IllnessxIllness chip synth methinks) is a very nice lifesaver. I like Haste more than Liberation Healing, but it's up to you on that one. Last one I actually use is Restock, of all things, because of how much the enemies in Hard Mode and up is. So. Damn. Resilient.
Hmm, maybe you're right. My OD healing chips was on lvl 25 but they still very rarely activate, and it only heals a little I don't really know about the liberation healing since I'll be focusing more on the firepower, of course So far, when I entered liberation mode, I think the energy shots activate more often. I wish there's a chip which decreases the time for the liberation gauge to fill~

And, how about the energy shield? (blue colored) It was described as an always on ability, but honestly I barely feel the effect

Never tried barrier, but I might give it a shot

Quote:
As for the weapons, if you're playing in Hard Mode, I would suggest to have Assault weapons with high B-impact to OD Kill a lot. (Yeah, B-Impact allows you to get ODK chance way better. IOW, get it for your Hard Mode and up, in conjunction with Kill Burst Chip, it's basically your life-saver ). Shotgun is nice and all, but I wouldn't risk getting close to the enemies when they can make your health 1/2 in one attack. Plus it is useless against the bosses And in Hard Mode? Upgrading ammo reserve all the way. Reloading is fast enough and with high B-Impact, it's quite possible to get an ODK in one session.

Adjust the second free slot for what wold make the chapter/area easier to play. I'm more of a sniper person myself, as much as Launcher weapons is so awesome when I met Rollers in chapter 3 and Worm in chapter 4. But yeah, having to get an ODK chance in one/two shots are much more interesting to me

Of course, in the Final Boss, Assault weapon is your love. 8D
Oh, so the impact is for the OD Kill chances... and I assume the B-power only increases the bullet damage, then?
Ah, I'm a shotgun user it's quite effective to me since I could get OD Kill in 1 or 2 shots although the ammo capacity and reserve is quite a problem. I usually use them for wads and beans (really hate those two..) can't really fight in a distance with them. The covers will be destroyed in no time too ~_~

Okay then, I'll try those. Thanks for the insight!
Old 2011-04-09, 10:53   Link #129
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

To get more chips, you have to dive more often. Use the pistol /w critical shot to get the dive triangle up and kill your enemy - using overdive to kill enemies until you get superb on the end of mission score always net you an evolved DNA.

Old 2011-04-09, 11:29   Link #130
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea View Post
I see. I very rarely got the yellow chips I was having problems on the running train part in which there are a lot of blue slackers and wads. Nowhere to hide, and their attacks hurt >_< (especially the wads, I hate those bubbles!).
It's incredibly annoying to get that chip, I can say It took me more than 30 tries of square button pushings to get that in decent level EDIT: Unless you're talking about the Healing and Antibodies chips, which SaintessHeart was referring. :x

Haha, this one is easier than the area later, which is pure /headdesk inducing for me. For that area, I'll say that Sniper rifle is your key, and just take them down slowly, one by one, from distance. Don't try to get close to them. When they appear, just shot their weak point with your strongest and stabile (I think there is an upgrade for that, no? ) sniper rifle, ODK, rinse and repeat.

It sounds cowardly, I know, but hey being tactical is one key to survive the difficulty
Quote:
Hmm, maybe you're right. My OD healing chips was on lvl 25 but they still very rarely activate, and it only heals a little I don't really know about the liberation healing since I'll be focusing more on the firepower, of course So far, when I entered liberation mode, I think the energy shots activate more often. I wish there's a chip which decreases the time for the liberation gauge to fill~

And, how about the energy shield? (blue colored) It was described as an always on ability, but honestly I barely feel the effect

Never tried barrier, but I might give it a shot
Liberation Healing is good when you're the type that somehow can't avoid enemy's attack and need faster regeneration (not counting the cheat code lol). The problem with that is you need to activate Liberation, which in itself is a hassle to collect Lib Energy Shot is still incredibly effective though.

But really, it's up to you. Myself, I prefer cross-fire healing than that, especially with high Lv. Crossfire Link chip

In honesty, I do think Energy Shield is less than effective in Hard Mode, especially since the enemies can dish out painful damage to you (let alone Deadly Mode--it's as deadly as the name sounds, pun intended ).

Barrier, on the other hand, has chances to activate when you get hit with enemy's attack, and nullify the attack (and -I think, this is brain not working atm lol- also some time of invicibility after you activate it).

It still depend on chance, ala Pre Raise and Power Surge, but in difficulty level where one attack reduces your health by 1/4, I think it's better to have maximum of 25% chance of nullifying than less shabby defense, no?

Quote:
Oh, so the impact is for the OD Kill chances... and I assume the B-power only increases the bullet damage, then?
Ah, I'm a shotgun user it's quite effective to me since I could get OD Kill in 1 or 2 shots although the ammo capacity and reserve is quite a problem. I usually use them for wads and beans (really hate those two..) can't really fight in a distance with them. The covers will be destroyed in no time too ~_~
Yes, B-Power gives you better damage In Hard Mode, it's... Honestly not going to give good effect, that's why sticking to faster ODK (my mistake, I didn't know why I say it's "ODK chance", it's supposed to be "faster ODK" orz) is generally the key idea to go through Harder difficulty levels.

If you're a shotgun user, then my only advice is to get Lv 18+ Restock. Unlike what some are saying, it's useful enough with rapid triangle-ing OD-ing. It's not the best, but is still a pretty neat OE chip... If you didn't run out of comrades first. Which Hard mode did very painfully. *cough* Still, it's a useful chip to save.

With Beans (that blue thingy that shot bubbles), I think Launcher works wonder against them, aside from sniping them, when they went to a bulb Throwing grenades to them is good for ODK-ing too if you're lazy to bring them or like you said, a shotgun. I just don't want to force myself to get near them to get an ODK, too much hassle

Last edited by Natsuki Hyuga; 2011-04-09 at 11:42.
Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-09, 13:53   Link #131
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

The real main reason why I only use the pistol for most part of the game is the ability to shoot-dodge. Besides, it is a brilliant way to get linkage - during the mission in the Babel and the last mission against Hyde, it is the easiest way to win.

Keep dodging around the bosses while linkage builds up, and when you are done, tap the shoot trigger to release it. If combined with the pistol's critical shot, you can easily get a dive everytime you do this.

I also use the YS223 SWAT assault rifle to get the dive option much faster while doing consistent damage without constantly running out of ammo : after trying for a few times, I realise that the shotgun isn't worth it with its capacity - the G-Launcher is a much better option, plus with the extra 5 ammo upgrade and the 3rd Speed Round, it makes boss fights so much easier.

Though I don't exactly like steering the crosshair with the analog stick - too hard to control properly if you ask me.

Old 2011-04-09, 14:26   Link #132
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

^ on higher difficulties like hard and deadly I think gr8 tactic is one of the most effective weapon to use since it has near maxed out impact for easy overdive kills especially against bosses.

LMG weapons work wonders against enemies too (not so much on bosses) because of high ammo capacity and power although the downside of it is that there are no upgrades.

out of all the handguns in this game I think m17GC is probably the best there is... once it is fully upgraded with anti-wad bullet half a clip will fully max out your liberation gauge so yea.

pre-raise lvl 25 saved me many times in deadly especially against the last boss so having that is not out of the question and having restock and healing lvl 25 is not so bad.
Edge Meltdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-10, 20:02   Link #133
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
It's incredibly annoying to get that chip, I can say It took me more than 30 tries of square button pushings to get that in decent level EDIT: Unless you're talking about the Healing and Antibodies chips, which SaintessHeart was referring. :x
Ah, finally got the ODK boost chip currently at lv8. You're right. This one's a lifesaver. Now those beans and wads are much easier to kill.

Yep, that's the chip that I was referring. The antibody and healing are orange, right?

Quote:
Haha, this one is easier than the area later, which is pure /headdesk inducing for me. For that area, I'll say that Sniper rifle is your key, and just take them down slowly, one by one, from distance. Don't try to get close to them. When they appear, just shot their weak point with your strongest and stabile (I think there is an upgrade for that, no? ) sniper rifle, ODK, rinse and repeat.

It sounds cowardly, I know, but hey being tactical is one key to survive the difficulty
Cleared that running train part. I waited for those 2 soldiers to come first, and then when the enemies appear, I took care for the wads first since their shots hurt and they move around very much. The blue slackers are tough but at least thanks to the train layout, they're lined up so I could took them out using grenades.

And as for the area after that... I made it too although My armor was totally torn (yay for Aya's lingerie XD). As usual, I went close with my shotgun and assault rifles when I'm running low on health and waiting for reinforcements. Nobody was taken by the snatchers but some of them died

Eh? I wouldn't consider that using sniper is cowardly, it's a smart tactic after all. I don't really use sniper since I can't aim very well at the weak spots. Waiting is also problematic for me... especially for those beans. The cover will be destroyed before they reveal their weakspot.

But I know that I must learn to use snipers too since I believe my frontal way using shotgun won't last in higher difficulties

Quote:
Liberation Healing is good when you're the type that somehow can't avoid enemy's attack and need faster regeneration (not counting the cheat code lol). The problem with that is you need to activate Liberation, which in itself is a hassle to collect Lib Energy Shot is still incredibly effective though.

But really, it's up to you. Myself, I prefer cross-fire healing than that, especially with high Lv. Crossfire Link chip

In honesty, I do think Energy Shield is less than effective in Hard Mode, especially since the enemies can dish out painful damage to you (let alone Deadly Mode--it's as deadly as the name sounds, pun intended ).

Barrier, on the other hand, has chances to activate when you get hit with enemy's attack, and nullify the attack (and -I think, this is brain not working atm lol- also some time of invicibility after you activate it).

It still depend on chance, ala Pre Raise and Power Surge, but in difficulty level where one attack reduces your health by 1/4, I think it's better to have maximum of 25% chance of nullifying than less shabby defense, no?
I tested the liberation healing, and... just like what people say: it works if we enter liberation mode and don't move (no running, dodging, and shooting). Moving will result the halt of the healing and it won't heal again after that so I swapped that one with ODK boost.

I see... I also read somewhere that energy shield is barely felt. Might want to replace it with barrier later

Quote:
Yes, B-Power gives you better damage In Hard Mode, it's... Honestly not going to give good effect, that's why sticking to faster ODK (my mistake, I didn't know why I say it's "ODK chance", it's supposed to be "faster ODK" orz) is generally the key idea to go through Harder difficulty levels.
I see... Glad that my AR and Shotgun are the impact type I used power for the standard handgun since it doesn't have decent impact.

Quote:
If you're a shotgun user, then my only advice is to get Lv 18+ Restock. Unlike what some are saying, it's useful enough with rapid triangle-ing OD-ing. It's not the best, but is still a pretty neat OE chip... If you didn't run out of comrades first. Which Hard mode did very painfully. *cough* Still, it's a useful chip to save.
Yeah, my restock is still about lv.13 but I see that it activates quite frequently. To overcome the shotgun, I combined it with grenades too to conserve my ammo at least that's how I survive... for now

Quote:
With Beans (that blue thingy that shot bubbles), I think Launcher works wonder against them, aside from sniping them, when they went to a bulb Throwing grenades to them is good for ODK-ing too if you're lazy to bring them or like you said, a shotgun. I just don't want to force myself to get near them to get an ODK, too much hassle
I usually do CF first if there's an ally nearby. Then I got close, throw a grenade, shot it with shotgun, and ODK~ repeat. But that's a gamble for sure who will die first.

Currently managed to get into the 2nd checkpoint, will try to finish the episode later

Last edited by Ryonea; 2011-04-22 at 19:40.
Ryonea is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
e3 2010, parasite eve, psp, square enix, the 3rd birthday