AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2008-05-18, 01:41   Link #1
AOforever1

Send a message via AIM to AOforever1 Send a message via MSN to AOforever1
Most new x.264 MKV releases having problems encoding to PSP

I've recently been unable to encode my x.264 MKV anime to my PSP. This occurs only with the newer releases such as Macross Frontier and ef - a tale of memories.

The encoding would stop half way and output a desynced file. Everything has been working fine until recent releases. I have not changed any of my directshow filters, or done anything to my OS. I've tried encoding on different computers ranging from clean installs of XP, Vista 32bit and 64bit, with older directshow filters and such.

I am positive now that something has changed recently with ffdshow or the x.264 backend.
The software I'm using is mediacoder from sourceforge.net to encode my videos to MP4 AVC for my PSP.

I've tried several other programs without success. The only other program that worked, but without subtitles was PSPVC 2.6. It requires SRT subs, but ASS converted using subtitle workshop caused the program to crash. If anybody has any ideas, please share them.
AOforever1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-18, 03:37   Link #2
Danj
Tech Bloke

Send a message via ICQ to Danj Send a message via AIM to Danj Send a message via MSN to Danj Send a message via Yahoo to Danj
I don't have any ideas what is causing your problem, but back when I regularly encoded fansubs for PSP, I used to use Xvid4PSP version 4 (version 5 doesn't seem to support subtitles in MKVs). If you are on Vista you would need to turn UAC off (or put in silent mode) while using it though.
Old 2008-05-18, 11:07   Link #3
AOforever1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danj View Post
I don't have any ideas what is causing your problem, but back when I regularly encoded fansubs for PSP, I used to use Xvid4PSP version 4 (version 5 doesn't seem to support subtitles in MKVs). If you are on Vista you would need to turn UAC off (or put in silent mode) while using it though.
I've heard of Xvid4PSP, but I assumed it would convert to MPEG4 only and not MPEG4 AVC, and that it was meant for use with a particular mod to get full resolution support on the PSP prior to FW 2.80 or 3.03.

I'll look into this program now. I appreciate the help Danj.
Old 2008-05-20, 03:09   Link #4
Danj
Tech Bloke

Send a message via ICQ to Danj Send a message via AIM to Danj Send a message via MSN to Danj Send a message via Yahoo to Danj
Quote:
Originally Posted by AOforever1 View Post
I've heard of Xvid4PSP, but I assumed it would convert to MPEG4 only and not MPEG4 AVC, and that it was meant for use with a particular mod to get full resolution support on the PSP prior to FW 2.80 or 3.03.

I'll look into this program now. I appreciate the help Danj.
Despite its name it supports many input formats and can output to both MPEG-4 and AVC/H.264 formats, encoded for PSP compatibility.
Old 2008-05-20, 12:21   Link #5
AOforever1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danj View Post
Despite its name it supports many input formats and can output to both MPEG-4 and AVC/H.264 formats, encoded for PSP compatibility.
I've been using it for a few days now and I love it thanks!
Works out of the box!

Tags
h.264, psp