AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2012-08-14, 00:03   Link #341
Mindblower
Mr. Amazing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Cat-Sama View Post
first of all, nice surprise to see Bleach back so quickly...really was thinking it was gone for a few more weeks--poor kubo =[.

Thank goodness they skipped over that Kenpachi vs three fight, but I must say, the explanation of their abilities were lame. When Kirge arrived, and that other guy that fought Ichigo at the beginning of the arc, they used Arrow/Spear weapons, things that are long distance and seem like they'd be in a Quincy Arsenal. Hell, Kirge brought out that technique to puppeteer your body from way back when, but now we hear that one can turn into an APE, COPY you and w/e the other girl could do? They're less Quincy and more just random ass people with abilities: like Chad and Orihime (not themed).

Part of my hope for this arc was seeing more badass Bow designs, but looks like that won't happen as expected
chad and inoue both have a theme, there fullbringers
Old 2012-08-14, 13:13   Link #342
Black-Cat-Sama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindblower View Post
chad and inoue both have a theme, there fullbringers
that's exactly my point. Fullbringers were just a group of random people with powers. none of their powers fit into a theme that could identify them as a group, they all could do things unrelated to one another.

=with shinigami, we've seen they all have swords (Nanao and Nemu being exceptions so far) that have released and unreleased states. Sure the abilities are different there, but all of their swords powers are based on their personalities and styles.

=ever since the beginning of the series, we understood that Quincy were ARCHERS that destroyed hollow instead of purifying them. Even their sword like weapon (Zeele Schneider) acted as an ARROW for their bow and loosened spirit particles for them to absorb to shoot! The closest Quincy came to 'random powers' were the gadgets that Ishida showed, like the capsules he caught cirruci with...but what we're seeing now is something completely out of character and out of theme.

Quincy are archers and as we saw with the first two fights, should have new, awesome powers and different arrows/ways of using them. Instead we get an alphabet themed group that can TRANSFORM INTO ANIMALS, IMITATE PEOPLE, USE THEIR WORDS AS WEAPONS and GET STRONGER BASED ON HOWEVER MANY PEOPLE THEY KILL. Said powers have nothing to do with Quincies and are only unique to the aforementioned Quincy--so it's going against the theme
Black-Cat-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-14, 16:28   Link #343
Alchemist007
*Author

Geh, wanted to see who cut the Quincy Adept in half, instead get Ichigo emoing for 2+ pages. At least Kenpachi.
Old 2012-08-14, 21:35   Link #344
Mateus

So it seems next chapter Driscol Bercil will be using Sasakibe's bankai against Yamamoto?
Old 2012-08-15, 00:54   Link #345
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateus View Post
So it seems next chapter Driscol Bercil will be using Sasakibe's bankai against Yamamoto?
After which Yama rips off Driscol's arm and uses it to double bone him
Old 2012-08-15, 15:51   Link #346
Knjaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
don't know about you guys but i liked this chapter for some reason. i would definitely like to see yamaji in a good brawl. i've got a feeling that ken-chan will be fighting the other guy (what's his name again?) and not "your majesty".

I'd say I more like expect Yama-ji to show that quincy the real meaning of "Overkill". Don't think its a coincidence that guy with the nickname "Overkill" faced someone who is usually killing his enemies that way.

As for his sword - it as well can be with him, somewhere. It's unlikely that Yama-ji would leave it somewhere else.

P.S. As for Ichigo... is he really crying with blood, now? "Bad things" tend to happen when his consciousness gets unstable or when he's absolutely desperate.
Knjaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 17:18   Link #347
spikexp

I want Ichigo to get out as Hollow Ichigo again...
spikexp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 20:43   Link #348
Calca
Expressionless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangs View Post
Maybe he thought he'd handicap himself to get a better fight.

Or maybe he simply thought it was best to leave it home, just in case they have the ability to steal shikai as well. Imagine what would happen if the Sternritters got a hold of Ryujinjakka

I must say though, it feels kinda wierd that out of all people in Soul Society, Yama-ji comes to the rescue of Hisagi, a vice-captain. Shouldn't be he off to take care of Captain Buckbeard?
Yama-ji probably specifically went after the guy who killed his Vice Captain. The fact that he uses that giant arrow like thing that killed him and that he took out the bankai kind of shows that.

Which means, Yama will probably not hold back at all against this guy.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 21:27   Link #349
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

so basically there are only two persons we can rely on counterattack??? Kenpachi and Yama-jii...
I'll put my hope to Kenpachi then
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 13:12   Link #350
Mindblower
Mr. Amazing

Quote:
that's exactly my point. Fullbringers were just a group of random people with powers. none of their powers fit into a theme that could identify them as a group, they all could do things unrelated to one another.

=with shinigami, we've seen they all have swords (Nanao and Nemu being exceptions so far) that have released and unreleased states. Sure the abilities are different there, but all of their swords powers are based on their personalities and styles.

=ever since the beginning of the series, we understood that Quincy were ARCHERS that destroyed hollow instead of purifying them. Even their sword like weapon (Zeele Schneider) acted as an ARROW for their bow and loosened spirit particles for them to absorb to shoot! The closest Quincy came to 'random powers' were the gadgets that Ishida showed, like the capsules he caught cirruci with...but what we're seeing now is something completely out of character and out of theme.

Quincy are archers and as we saw with the first two fights, should have new, awesome powers and different arrows/ways of using them. Instead we get an alphabet themed group that can TRANSFORM INTO ANIMALS, IMITATE PEOPLE, USE THEIR WORDS AS WEAPONS and GET STRONGER BASED ON HOWEVER MANY PEOPLE THEY KILL. Said powers have nothing to do with Quincies and are only unique to the aforementioned Quincy--so it's going against the theme
agreed, quincy power are "supposed" to be bows and arrows or at least ranged weapons. and you confused about fullbringers, they all have the same base power, to pull the souls out of objects. so ichigo could use book of the end if he became close to the object, as in emotionally.
Old 2012-08-16, 14:46   Link #351
itachi-san314

Quote:
and you confused about fullbringers, they all have the same base power, to pull the souls out of objects
yea, but 'pulling the souls out of objects' is such a broad concept that it literally means 'anything'. if you can think of it, then a fullbringer can potentially do it. fullbring isn't a quality idea because of that lack of specificity and coherence between users. it's too random. and that's what's happening to quincies, even possibly to a greater extent, since there isn't even a loose term to describe why one of them can turn into an ape for instance. it's just stupid and follows no precedent
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 19:24   Link #352
Black-Cat-Sama

Quote:
agreed, quincy power are "supposed" to be bows and arrows or at least ranged weapons. and you confused about fullbringers, they all have the same base power, to pull the souls out of objects. so ichigo could use book of the end if he became close to the object, as in emotionally.
Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
yea, but 'pulling the souls out of objects' is such a broad concept that it literally means 'anything'. if you can think of it, then a fullbringer can potentially do it. fullbring isn't a quality idea because of that lack of specificity and coherence between users. it's too random. and that's what's happening to quincies, even possibly to a greater extent, since there isn't even a loose term to describe why one of them can turn into an ape for instance. it's just stupid and follows no precedent
@mindblower, basically what itachi-san said. plus, I thinkt he main thing of fullbringer powers too was that everyone is different. I doubt Ichigo could use 'Book of the End', even if he had the emotional connection to the bookmark or w/e the item was. His ability would probably be different, but i dunno. Point is, what Itachi-San said, basically how I was going to respond.
Black-Cat-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 21:49   Link #353
Mindblower
Mr. Amazing

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
yea the ape thing is wild as hell. but maybe thats what he trying to go for? like i thought the whole omg about it all is no one knows anything about their power. thou he shoulda did this with something new.....not something that he already gave powers. his excuse is prolly the line the guy ichigo was fighting said. that was the old style and then said something like their power has come a long way or something like that.
Old 2012-08-16, 21:56   Link #354
Mindblower
Mr. Amazing

Quote:
@mindblower, basically what itachi-san said. plus, I thinkt he main thing of fullbringer powers too was that everyone is different. I doubt Ichigo could use 'Book of the End', even if he had the emotional connection to the bookmark or w/e the item was. His ability would probably be different, but i dunno. Point is, what Itachi-San said, basically how I was going to respond.
yea you might be right about that, but their powers from their items share qualities with the object, like book of the end is like turning the loser into a bookmark the user can put into peoples past. also like how invaders must die has "health" and and "powerups" or "game overs" like real video games. thinking about it thou it emotional connection things makes sense with jackie and the pink haired girl. (forget her name)
Old 2012-08-17, 01:42   Link #355
DarkSkiper
Evil Mage

I hope Kenpachi teaches Ichigo how to do things right!

1) When someone transforms into an Ape and roars at you... cut him in half.
2) When someone uses wordplay on you... slit his throat.
3) When someone transforms into you... just become stronger then you were.

But I guess we have a chance of seeing Hollow Ichigo come out to play... And that is when real shit will go down for quinces...
DarkSkiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-17, 02:10   Link #356
Calca
Expressionless

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSkiper View Post
I hope Kenpachi teaches Ichigo how to do things right!

1) When someone transforms into an Ape and roars at you... cut him in half.
2) When someone uses wordplay on you... slit his throat.
3) When someone transforms into you... just become stronger then you were.

But I guess we have a chance of seeing Hollow Ichigo come out to play... And that is when real shit will go down for quinces...
Kenpachi is a borderline hax for the good guys. He's pretty much the Aizen of the good guys. If you gave everyone that ability it would be a pretty boring manga.

I am actually worried for the fact that Kubo made him go after the main antagonist of this arc so early. Obviously he won't be beaten by Kenpachi, but unfortunately Kenpachi could be used as the perfect example of how strong this buckbeard guy is.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-17, 02:48   Link #357
DarkSkiper
Evil Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calca View Post
Kenpachi is a borderline hax for the good guys. He's pretty much the Aizen of the good guys. If you gave everyone that ability it would be a pretty boring manga.

I am actually worried for the fact that Kubo made him go after the main antagonist of this arc so early. Obviously he won't be beaten by Kenpachi, but unfortunately Kenpachi could be used as the perfect example of how strong this buckbeard guy is.
At the very least we know that Kenpachi won't lose because he got trolled and got his bankai stolen(cause he doesn't have one!), but because Buckbeard was just stronger and leader of bad guy...
DarkSkiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-17, 10:58   Link #358
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

I expect Kenpachi to get knocked out, only to wake up a little later when Ichigo is fighting Buckbeard
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-17, 11:21   Link #359
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
I expect Kenpachi to get knocked out, only to wake up a little later when Ichigo is fighting Buckbeard
lol or buckbeard will grow really large and be about to stomp kenpachi and ichigo will stop his foot with his sword and ask kenpachi what's wrong with him in a sarcastic tone
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-17, 14:32   Link #360
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

If kenpachi cut the ape into half, did he stick the ape back together with super glue to carry it there? And it wasn't split anywhere near evenly.

Anyway, likely the other guy will interrupt while Buckbeard goes on to look for Aizen.
Hisoka?? is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bleach, chapter