AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2006-01-02, 23:34   Link #61
DrunkenRyder
Segundo Arrancar

As to date. AND PEOPLE WE'VE ACTUALLY SEEN FIGHT

Franky
Ao`kiji
Mihawk
Eneru (If Luffy wasent rubber, the series would be over)
Old 2006-01-03, 03:41   Link #62
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenRyder
As to date. AND PEOPLE WE'VE ACTUALLY SEEN FIGHT

Franky
Ao`kiji
Mihawk
Eneru (If Luffy wasent rubber, the series would be over)
Your list is a bit backwards. Mihawk Should be on top of this list.
Phenomenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-03, 05:10   Link #63
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

why should he be on top? It don't really matter.

Yes- but we have yet to see the Full Powers of Koji, Mihawk, Franky, Ace, and vaious others.
ANything we have seen of them was only a small demonstration of what they can do.

A person like Koji doesn't become Admiral, without being Uber powerful. Same with someone of Ace's rank. We have yet to see his FULL power.
MihawkXGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-03, 22:20   Link #64
Phenomenal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihawkXGP
why should he be on top? It don't really matter.

Yes- but we have yet to see the Full Powers of Koji, Mihawk, Franky, Ace, and vaious others.
ANything we have seen of them was only a small demonstration of what they can do.

A person like Koji doesn't become Admiral, without being Uber powerful. Same with someone of Ace's rank. We have yet to see his FULL power.
A person who is the "STRONGEST" Swordsman in the World, a Shichibukai Pirate, and a Rival to (arguably) one of the most powerful pirates in One Piece, Red-Haired Shanks. Mihawk belongs at the top of all those characters you just mentioned.
Old 2006-01-04, 21:35   Link #65
Phenomenal
Banned

whatuhou My bad for post.
Old 2006-01-14, 23:47   Link #66
Phenomenal
Banned

Like I said behind Whitebeard Mihawk is the strongest.
Old 2006-01-18, 05:20   Link #67
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

I wouldn't count on that.
I believe, the Likes of Sengoku, Admiral Koji, perhaps the other 2 Admirals, and maybe 1 or more of the remaining Shichbuckai would rank Higher then Mihawk.
Again, i don't deny Mihawk's awesomeness, that Big sexy black sword, in his hands, could do GOd know's what. Although if Mihawk was the 2nd strongest after WB, i'd quite like that.
Old 2006-01-19, 18:15   Link #68
ninraven

Remember, Mihawk said that becomming pirate king is even harder than surpassing him.

I think we are all forgetting Flamingo. He has the power to control a person's movement. The only possible weakness I could see is if he can only control one person, that would leave him open to a group attack.

But one on one, whitebeard wouldn't be able to attack him, mihawk couldn't cut him, and so on. If you don't have control of your body it doesn't matter how strong you are. Case in point, if Miss Goldenweek was vicious, she could have taken Luffy out easily. Paint a color on him that makes him not want to fight or don't care, and beat him.

Until we see someone able to find a way past Flamingo's power, Flamingo is the most dangerous. Maybe not physical power, but he makes such a thing like that meaningless.

...unless flamingo has to see the person to control him.

Recent chapter spoiler (doesn't involve flamingo)

Spoiler:
ninraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-20, 20:58   Link #69
Phenomenal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninraven
Remember, Mihawk said that becomming pirate king is even harder than surpassing him.

I think we are all forgetting Flamingo. He has the power to control a person's movement. The only possible weakness I could see is if he can only control one person, that would leave him open to a group attack.

But one on one, whitebeard wouldn't be able to attack him, mihawk couldn't cut him, and so on. If you don't have control of your body it doesn't matter how strong you are. Case in point, if Miss Goldenweek was vicious, she could have taken Luffy out easily. Paint a color on him that makes him not want to fight or don't care, and beat him.

Until we see someone able to find a way past Flamingo's power, Flamingo is the most dangerous. Maybe not physical power, but he makes such a thing like that meaningless.

...unless flamingo has to see the person to control him.

Recent chapter spoiler (doesn't involve flamingo)

Spoiler:

It looks like Doflamingo uses some kind of invisible string to control his opponents in episode 151 it sounded like he was pulling something. If he has to use hand gestures like that I am guessing he controls people like a puppet.

I still stay with Mihawk being the second strongest behind Whitebeard. That quote that Mihawk says about it is harder trying to become pirate king than surpassing him is still a compliment to Mihawk's awesome abilities. I believe Mihawk will defeat Doflamingo.
Old 2006-01-20, 23:47   Link #70
Slayerx

I would definatly place Sengoku and probably the admirals(atleast Ao kiji) above Mihawk
Afterall, Sengoku is the highest officer in the marines, that's alot like saying he's the "whitebeard" of the marines

Not to mention, the Schihibukai work the the world gov't, but ofcourse if one of them starts to act up, somebody has to be able to put them in there place... and if Sen Goku can't do it, then no one can

So far i can't help but think my top list goes something like... (kinda guessing on part of this list, like the other schibukai and admirals)
Whitebeard
SenGoku
Ao kiji
Mihawk (or another Schibukai)
2nd admiral
schibukai (Flamingo most likely)
Shanks
3rd admiral

Dragon, though we know nothing about him, would probably also make the list... he's probably gonna be a very big character later on... i'm just not sure where to put him...

and then the rest kinda just falling below... grant it though, my opinion starts to get rather iffy toawrds the end of that list
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-21, 15:29   Link #71
Phenomenal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx
I would definatly place Sengoku and probably the admirals(atleast Ao kiji) above Mihawk
Afterall, Sengoku is the highest officer in the marines, that's alot like saying he's the "whitebeard" of the marines

Not to mention, the Schihibukai work the the world gov't, but ofcourse if one of them starts to act up, somebody has to be able to put them in there place... and if Sen Goku can't do it, then no one can

So far i can't help but think my top list goes something like... (kinda guessing on part of this list, like the other schibukai and admirals)
Whitebeard
SenGoku
Ao kiji
Mihawk (or another Schibukai)
2nd admiral
schibukai (Flamingo most likely)
Shanks
3rd admiral

Dragon, though we know nothing about him, would probably also make the list... he's probably gonna be a very big character later on... i'm just not sure where to put him...

and then the rest kinda just falling below... grant it though, my opinion starts to get rather iffy toawrds the end of that list

First of all the Shichibukai and the Marines including Sengoku Buddah are "equal" in power.

Once again just because they work for the world government does not mean that Sengoku Buddah is more superior. We have already seen a couple of the members act on their own accord. Mihawk said it himself, and no one gave him any rebuddle with those words.

Your list seems correct at the start with Whitebeard but it falls off after that. Aokiji is the strongest of out of the three admirals yes but you forget that two characters can defeat him Smoker and Ace!. Smoker himself should be an
Admiral if it were not for his attitiude. That means if Aokiji is defeated being the strongest admiral the other two Admirals won't stand a chance against Smoker and Ace as well.

I am also guessing that Mihawk has Seastone in his sword because the same kind of Material that Crocodile was holding Luffy and the gang with was a black metallic like substance. ( Just a guess and speculation).

Slayerx you have a good argument with Sengoku. I believe he should be high up their. I do agree with you on that matter.

My List looks like this

Whitebeard
Mihawk
The rest of the Shichibukai (Jinbei, Doflamingo, Barthalomew Bear)
Shanks
Sengoku
Smoker
Ace
Three Admirals (Aokiji, Red Dog, Yellow Monkey)
Blackbeard ( Love this character)
Old 2006-01-22, 14:39   Link #72
Phenomenal
Banned

Sorry double post
Old 2006-01-29, 19:09   Link #73
ninraven

Quote:
Aokiji is the strongest of out of the three admirals yes but you forget that two characters can defeat him Smoker and Ace!.
Alright I'll give you ace, but I'm not sold on smoker. Is smoke that different from a cloud? There has to be at least a little bit of water vapor in smoke right? You burn a piece of paper, and it turns into smoke. There are water particles in paper, otherwise it would be dust. So if there are water particles in smoke, Ao Kiji would be able to freeze them. So Ao Kiji would be able to defeat smoker.

A batter between ace and smoker is meaningless, but ace would have the upper hand over ice...though i guess it could come down to technique and power. Ice age is pretty powerful. I'd bet on Ace to win but wouldn't count Ao Kiji out.

My List

Whitebeard (if Gol D. Rodger was the strongest and he's the only one to match him, it has to be him)
Schichibukai/Sengoku/Shanks
3 Admirals (not a big difference though.)/smoker/ace
Blackbeard/Luffy

It makes sense I think on a stroyline progression viewpoint. The strongest pirate is whitebeard because he was Rogers rival. So any pirates would be under him. The schichibukai and world government are on an equal level, and shanks is on the same level. If he wasn't, it would be a letdown on a storypoint. Shanks has to be at least this strong to make any difference.

You can debate who the strongest is within the schichibukai but unless you see them in action it's meaningless. But the trend is the swordsman is the second strongest of the group. Zoro and Mr. 1 are the two cases in point.

The admirals would be the next. Smoker and Ace, based on a fight with Ao Kiji are right at that level.

Blackbeard and Luffy are still improving, and right with each other.

Last edited by ninraven; 2006-01-29 at 20:01.
Old 2006-01-29, 21:49   Link #74
Phenomenal
Banned

ninraven, Ace and Smoker will defeat Aokiji. Smoker has the ability to allow his smoke to become solid or turn it into some type of gas. Also you forget that Smoker is a much more balanced fighter with Combat skills, Logia ability, and most importantly his Seastone sword gives him a huge advantage. If it were not for Smoker's Attitiude he would probably be an Admiral. I give Smoker the Advantage.

I think we all agree that Whitebeard is the Strongest. The Shichibukai and the Marines including Sengoku are on the same level.

Shanks is a swordsman himself in the past he and Mihawk were rivals when he had two arms. Shanks was considered to have some of the world's top class skills. Shanks and Mihawk are equals.

Blackbeard has the potential to become one of the strongest pirates in all of One Piece. Not only him but his group could be one of the strongest as well. Any individual who can kill some of Whitebeard's subordinates and escape only show's how powerful they are.
Old 2006-01-30, 14:51   Link #75
ninraven

Quote:
Smoker has the ability to allow his smoke to become solid or turn it into some type of gas. Also you forget that Smoker is a much more balanced fighter with Combat skills, Logia ability, and most importantly his Seastone sword gives him a huge advantage.
Much more? As far as the logia power is concerned, i thought Ao Kiji's was more impressive than Smokers.

As a solid Ao Kiji could turn Smoker into ice. As a gas, smoker would still have water molecules in the gas. If thats the case, he can still be turned into ice.

The only advantage I see is the seastone staff (i don't think it was a sword was it?).

But still, Ao Kiji can freeze the sea and walk on it. He could freeze the sword with a thick enough layer of ice that the sea stone wouldn't effect him.

I'm not denying that smoker is admiral level, but I don't think he would beat Ao Kiji.

Ace definetly can beat Ao Kiji though.

Another thought though. Wasn't Ace the leader of the second division of the whitebeard pirates? It could be an A and B thing, or it could mean the leader of the first is stronger. And no Whitebeard wouldn't be the leader of the first division, because the whole crew is his. It just seems as if he has a huge crew and it needs to be divided into divisions to keep order and everything.

So that means its possible Ace isn't even the second strongest in his crew with Whitebeard as the first.
Old 2006-01-31, 04:31   Link #76
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

How did you figure Ace or Smoker could beat Koji definatly?

I really think, you do not give Koji enough credit. The guy is the greatest power of the Marrines.
We have yet to see his full power.

I do not believe Smoker could take Koji. Devil's fruit ability or not. Koji is at that rank for a reason.

ANd for God sake. Shichbucaki and marines are not equal in Power.
Just cuz Mihawk said it, doesn't make it true.
Old 2006-01-31, 23:11   Link #77
EEZP
Shonen Fan

Send a message via AIM to EEZP Send a message via MSN to EEZP Send a message via Yahoo to EEZP
Whitebeard and Daflamingo I think
EEZP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-31, 23:38   Link #78
Fishbait

Whitebeard is undisputed since his introduction freaking included the "world's strongest man" under his name...

In 1on1's matchups, I put Donflamingo up on the top because his powers just pwnz

Then the rest of the Marines and Seven warlords

Sengoku can't be that strong since Donflamingo was perfectly willing to pick a fight with him as seen in 151.
Fishbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-31, 23:39   Link #79
Phenomenal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihawkXGP
How did you figure Ace or Smoker could beat Koji definatly?

I really think, you do not give Koji enough credit. The guy is the greatest power of the Marrines.
We have yet to see his full power.

I do not believe Smoker could take Koji. Devil's fruit ability or not. Koji is at that rank for a reason.

ANd for God sake. Shichbucaki and marines are not equal in Power.
Just cuz Mihawk said it, doesn't make it true.
Yes it does make it true, Mihawk said it in the Manga and Anime. "The Shichibukai and Marines are two conflicting Groups of equal power" Like it or Not it is the truth Sengoku Buddah gave him no rebuddle and he controls the three Marine Admirals.

Mihawk is a proven character who always has say so in arguments, no one will argue with him not even Sengoku himself.
Old 2006-02-01, 18:27   Link #80
Fishbait

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Phenomenol
Yes it does make it true, Mihawk said it in the Manga and Anime. "The Shichibukai and Marines are two conflicting Groups of equal power" Like it or Not it is the truth Sengoku Buddah gave him no rebuddle and he controls the three Marine Admirals.

Mihawk is a proven character who always has say so in arguments, no one will argue with him not even Sengoku himself.
Except it wasn't an debate. It was a casual remark as he was walking into the room.

Sengoku, who scorned at Donflamingo for trying to start a fight, is not gonna start an argument with Mihawk over something so trivia.
Fishbait is offline   Reply With Quote