AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-01-08, 12:45   Link #281
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Definitely a good first episode. I was a bit worried about Kazuya's VA, but he handled the role pretty well I thought. Don't think I'll have a problem listening to him during the series. An interesting call for Victorique. Wasn't sure what to expect since I hadn't heard who the VA would be, but she did a great job. Should be able to put together a fun dynamic with the two of them.

Certainly the murder wasn't too complicated. Have the maid shooting the door and with the fortune teller behind it there's no doubt she was going to get hit. Even if the maid didn't deliver the killing shot she should have at least hit her. But guess Grevil wasn't thinking too hard.

A hilarious moment with Kazuya messing around with the luggage so they had something manageable. If he had to drag all that stuff (if that was even possible) they'd never have gotten anywhere.
Old 2011-01-08, 12:48   Link #282
Cabrini6000

Spoiler for Episode 1:

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Cabrini6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 13:12   Link #283
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Definitely a good first episode. I was a bit worried about Kazuya's VA, but he handled the role pretty well I thought. Don't think I'll have a problem listening to him during the series.
I wish I'd never known that Irinu Miyu had voiced Kazuya on the drama CD, because I think Takuya Eguchi did just fine in the premiere. But anyone else is going to be a downgrade...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 13:23   Link #284
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
A few freebies:

I'll be using this one, if you don't mind. Thanks.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 13:24   Link #285
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Honestly , i found the first ep quite fast . They are already on their way to resolve mysteries together :O , fast character's intro . Kazuya's drawing face was horrible , sometimes it looks like a balloon.
Yes , Victorique was cute , hmm loli everywhere. Nice pipe btw.
The detective part was easy , hope for the next one to be more interesting & difficult.

Yup , will watch ep 2.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 15:06   Link #286
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Sooo... this is a detetive drama where the loli is the detective and the bland guy is the assistant?
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 15:36   Link #287
Dazarath

For a mystery series, I thought they'd open with a slightly more interesting case.
Dazarath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 15:48   Link #288
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Or at least one that I couldn't solve halfway through the setup.
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 15:49   Link #289
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
Sooo... this is a detetive drama where the loli is the detective and the bland guy is the assistant?
Basically a general description of what it's going to be There is going to be of course some drama scenes that are part of the main character's development.
Old 2011-01-08, 16:14   Link #290
faythz
I.G

pretty good episode, but for the mystery case a little boring it was too predictable. I like how kazuya sense Victorique presence when he read a novel about alchemist who could produce gold from intestines of dead men, and after that he find a strand of golden hair and that was the trigger for meeting between victorique and kazuya. ah and for victorique I'm to lazy to describe her she is very cute that's it.

and another interesting scene why the man with uniqueness hair who wants to beat shiki hair style didn't want to speak with victorique personally, he use kazuya to be his mediator to talk with victorique. it seems there's something happened between both of them in the past absolutely not love. if yes victorique taste a little poor .
seems best anime in winter so far for me

ps:sorry for my bad english, coz i like your discussion about this anime
faythz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 16:17   Link #291
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by faythz View Post
and another interesting scene why the man with uniqueness hair who wants to beat shiki hair style didn't want to speak with victorique personally, he use kazuya to be his mediator to talk with victorique. it seems there's something happened between both of them in the past absolutely not love. if yes victorique taste a little poor .
That was a good part where the detective was using our poor male lead as a communication with Victorique because they have something against each other. But I just don't see how Victorique would just go about helping that detective and him just taking all the credit of the case solving all to himself.

Her necklace that was on her should and when Kazuya tried to touch it she immediately reacted to it is defiantly hinting about something that happened to her that made her obtain that reconstructing sequence in her mind that is able to solve things easily. Or that's just how good she is with detective cases
Old 2011-01-08, 16:45   Link #292
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I think you guys are selling Kazuya short, both in terms of his first-episode performance and potential. I think he has sleeper qualities as a character, a very interesting back-story and showed some atypical spine in the first episode.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 16:55   Link #293
Asterisk
Irregularity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
A few freebies:

Claiming this one
Asterisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 17:12   Link #294
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

GOSICK - Meeting the Goth-Loli successor to Holmes

When I first laid eyes upon the promotional pictures for GOSICK at Randomc.Net Blog, I did not even think twice at deciding to choose or not this story.

I have never read or come close to the light novel, but I'm impressed to learn as of recently that Bones became in charge to produce the anime.

The staff not only made their homework right at converting and translating the material from manga to anime, but they invested as well special care and attention at capturing the characters on screen.

Victorique, strange as Kazuki Sakuraba-sensei could had use Victoire instead as is the common French variant to Victoria, is the prime example of the quintessential Gothic-Lolita archetype, which I won't hide that she's the main reason why I chose this show for the season.

But unlike her most famous Goth-Loli counterparts in the worlds of either manga or anime, Victorique's isn't reserved to stay still with good manners and grace. She's a gold-hearted girl possessing her tantrums and pouts, and not the classic intellectually/emotionally matured woman inside a prepubescent or childish girl body.

It is her fascination with crime-solving mysteries, and only to those that interest her, that make her undergo a 180 degrees turn of change into sharp-shooting, but abbrasively tongue detective, complimented all with the beautiful pipe she quasi-smokes when she starts thinking upon the solution to the mystery.

Is she Holmes or should I say she's more a little-bit like House (Gregory House)?
Victorique's doesn't hold-up to speak her truths when she assess or evaluates other people and their opinions. However, she isn't prone or inclines to misery. Quite the contrary, her happiness and childish curiosity manifested, once she went to the outside world.

There's a deal about her having to be confined to the Library Tower, and only to get released into the outside world thanks to permission by Grevil, whom although is a mediocre of a detective that takes credit for Victorique's work and is forced to consult her in order to solve the crime, he possess a couple of redeeming qualities:
1. It is more than evident that he doesn't want to fool around Victorique in these matters by treating her ostentatiously as a child like any other adult in a normal situation would do. Arguments and conversational fights against Victorique are out of the question for him.

2. As a strange plot device, he delivers or introduces the crime to Victorique via Kujo as a proxy, disclosing said crime in a narrative literary. He basically is responsible to introduce the mystery to the Goth-Loli detective.

Victorique's cute mystique is further enhanced as she's voiced by Aoi Yuki, being that both voice and accent were too familiar once listening her speaking.
That's because exactly the previous year Aoi Yuki provided the voice of Mina Tepes character for Dance in the Vampire Bund.

So this data speaks to me high volumes about how great of a decision was for Victorique's character
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 18:38   Link #295
wingman32x

Great first episode that gave me a great first impression. I love the setting and art style of the show. I also like how there's a good deal of comedy to balance out the mystery. The cast seems very...animated, from the hyper sensei to the cocky inspector that takes credit for other people's work. I'm really looking forward to more from this show. It got off to a great start IMO.

Favorite part of the episode was Victorique's tempor tantrum. That was funny. It was also funny to see her get excited over simple things. It's a stark contrast to most "genuises" in mystery series.
wingman32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 18:49   Link #296
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Think of Kujo as either Watson or Wilson, the side-kick to the detective.

The poor detective's side-kick that has to put through too much Goth-Loli pouts and blunt comments.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 19:02   Link #297
Dahak86
Classics never age

ep1 - gifs dump

Spoiler:
Very good first ep! Victorique is an uber-cute goth-loli.
also, wtf @that hair-style...
Old 2011-01-08, 19:14   Link #298
Dralha

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Honestly , i found the first ep quite fast . They are already on their way to resolve mysteries together :O , fast character's intro .
It did seem a bit fast. Definitely watchable, though.
Old 2011-01-08, 19:30   Link #299
wingman32x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
Very good first ep! Victorique is an uber-cute goth-loli.
also, wtf @that hair-style...
Lol, the inspector's hair made me crack up. It's so ridiculously over the top.

That's what I like about this series so far. It's not afraid to be funny and/or poke fun at itself. Most mystery series I've seen don't do a lot of that.
wingman32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 20:09   Link #300
witchfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Certainly the murder wasn't too complicated. Have the maid shooting the door and with the fortune teller behind it there's no doubt she was going to get hit. Even if the maid didn't deliver the killing shot she should have at least hit her. But guess Grevil wasn't thinking too hard.
It was a contrived, romantic solution. She couldn't guarantee the fortune teller wouldn't make a sound when moving to the door (alerting others she is alive, and foiling the plan*), for example. And it's not like it's the only possible solution either: for example, the far more likely possibility is that the fortune teller opened her door for someone, that someone shot her (that would be the first shot they heard), and locked the door behind him, creating a "closed room".

* Because the fortune teller was made to believe someone is trying to take her life, she would not only be a lot more careful, but also call the police, making future murder attempts much more difficult. She would also have reason to suspect the maid for behaving 'oddly'.

e- and if we're going for romantic solutions, it's very likely the maid and the fortune teller's daughter were cooperating. Circumstantial evidence:

- The daughter stopped the Indian servant from hacking down the door (if he did it would've foiled the plan).
- The daughter gave the detective a yacht with an invitation to some secret society or whatever it was.
- Of course, we know she doesn't care about the fortune teller at all (aside from her craving for the inheritance,she seemed quite cheerful, even kissing the detective, after the mystery was "solved").

Of course, this is by no means conclusive.

Last edited by witchfan; 2011-01-08 at 21:40.
witchfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bones, horror, light novel adaptation, school life, shounen