AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2009-05-22, 11:44   Link #1
ThoHell

Administrative access help

Hey guys. Currently trying to format my new hard drives, but ran into some difficulty running my Partition Manager. Ok it's not really a problem with the program, just that I get this when trying to run the program "Paragon Partition Manager requires administrative privileges access to your system." How do I go about granting privileges to thin program? Been sitting here for some time now reading everything under administrative tools, but just not getting it. This is like the first time too, don't know why all the sudden some sort of a restriction just popped up out of no where.
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-22, 13:26   Link #2
Journeyman
That boring guy

Are you running Vista?
If so, it is right-click -> "Run as administrator".
That's an odd one, though. My short-lived Vista installation never asked for a permission...

If it becomes repetitive, just tick the "Properties" - "Compatibility" - "Privelege level" - "Run this program as an administrator"
Journeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-22, 14:32   Link #3
ThoHell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeyman View Post
Are you running Vista?
If so, it is right-click -> "Run as administrator".
That's an odd one, though. My short-lived Vista installation never asked for a permission...

If it becomes repetitive, just tick the "Properties" - "Compatibility" - "Privelege level" - "Run this program as an administrator"
AH.. thanks a bunch. You hit it on the head with Vista! I'm not exactly too happy with Vista, but eh. Every new thing needs time to get use to.

Last edited by ThoHell; 2009-05-22 at 19:25.
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-22, 17:02   Link #4
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

You should be happy that Vista requires you to have administrative privileges for tasks like these. The "security model" in previous Windows versions where everyone had admin privileges is one of the biggest reasons why malware became so prevalent on Windows machines.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote