AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-01-22, 19:50   Link #1
AnimePlus
Banned

Send a message via AIM to AnimePlus
Gundam Seed Ending Question

At the end of both SEED and SEEDestiny I found the characters repeating the same thing (at least in the translation I got) they kept saying...

"Such a thing...!"
"Such a thing...!"

You know, right when the character is suppose to have an important revelation to defeat the evil guy and all, the only thing you hear is "Such a thing...!"

Can someone tell me, what the hell is up with that?
AnimePlus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-22, 20:01   Link #2
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

It's anime. Deal with it.
Demongod86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-22, 20:14   Link #3
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids

Why do I have feeling you didn't go through much thought at all before you put that down? Man, talk about making a generalization that doesn't make sense. Unless you are actually trying to claim that the ending of every anime involves multiple characters saying "Such a thing..."
neodrag38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-22, 21:03   Link #4
Demongod86

It's not an uncommon line. I meant the melodrama. It's anime, it has melodrama. Live with it.
Old 2006-01-22, 21:31   Link #5
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimePlus
At the end of both SEED and SEEDestiny I found the characters repeating the same thing (at least in the translation I got) they kept saying...

"Such a thing...!"
"Such a thing...!"

You know, right when the character is suppose to have an important revelation to defeat the evil guy and all, the only thing you hear is "Such a thing...!"

Well....Im sure that if they have reused animation for their fight scenes, it wouldn't be surprising that they have reused dialog as well, would it?
Eclipze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-22, 21:53   Link #6
dom33
Pat:TAISAAAAA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipze
Well....Im sure that if they have reused animation for their fight scenes, it wouldn't be surprising that they have reused dialog as well, would it?
my god i knew it!no wonder i thought i heard every word kira siad in gsd before it's reused dialog and sound.
dom33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-22, 22:08   Link #7
Demongod86

Gee whiz, how many times have we heard "Kira Yamato, Freedom, ikimas?!"

You'd think people would pick up on that before now...
Old 2006-01-22, 22:22   Link #8
Eclipze

Actually, "Die naturals!" and "Kill all coordinators for a blue, natural world!" would be a good enough indication, considering that it was the main thing being said in both series by nameless grunts.
Old 2006-01-22, 22:22   Link #9
Demongod86

You have a point there.
Old 2006-01-23, 00:09   Link #10
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimePlus
Its called the typically bad Morosawa scriptwriting.

Another line she absolutely loves to put as a reply is, "That is....!" ("are wa...!")

Its funny how her characters never seem to finish what they want to say.
Old 2006-01-23, 00:15   Link #11
Fatty Chalupa
Whats this fuzzy feeling?

Nah. All of you guys are forgetting something. The most reused dialog was of Arthur going "KANCHOU!!!" whenever he had no idea what to do.
Fatty Chalupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-23, 00:20   Link #12
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatty Chalupa
Nah. All of you guys are forgetting something. The most reused dialog was of Arthur going "KANCHOU!!!" whenever he had no idea what to do.
Aha! but I dont think he said that in GS.
Old 2006-01-23, 00:31   Link #13
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Meh, it's Fukuda/Morosawa. 'nuff said. Even the dialogue in their shows is cliched/overused/reused.
Old 2006-01-23, 01:05   Link #14
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103
Meh, it's Fukuda/Morosawa. 'nuff said. Even the dialogue in their shows is cliched/overused/reused.
Scratch Fukuda and I'll believe that. He didn't have that problem in Gear Senshi Dendoh, where Morosawa was involved for like a mere 4 episodes. And 3 of her 4 sucked big time, with the exception of the fluffy, beautiful yet evilish sequel teasing final episode.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-23, 01:11   Link #15
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86
It's not an uncommon line. I meant the melodrama. It's anime, it has melodrama. Live with it.
I don't remember all anime having melodrama, especially to the point of having multiple characters saying the same incoherent line in such a fashion. You are still making a generalization.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman
Its called the typically bad Morosawa scriptwriting.

Another line she absolutely loves to put as a reply is, "That is....!" ("are wa...!")

Its funny how her characters never seem to finish what they want to say.
Word.
neodrag38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-23, 10:07   Link #16
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale
Scratch Fukuda and I'll believe that. He didn't have that problem in Gear Senshi Dendoh, where Morosawa was involved for like a mere 4 episodes. And 3 of her 4 sucked big time, with the exception of the fluffy, beautiful yet evilish sequel teasing final episode.
I've seen Dendo, and I say Fukuda in that line because he doesn't know how the heck to say "NO!" to Morosawa's bad ideas. The bad episodes of Dendoh are proof of that.
Old 2006-01-23, 10:18   Link #17
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103
I've seen Dendo, and I say Fukuda in that line because he doesn't know how the heck to say "NO!" to Morosawa's bad ideas. The bad episodes of Dendoh are proof of that.
At the very least, we know he loves Morosawa ALOT(though admittedly, very blindly).

Hmm, what other reused dialog was there?

*ponders*

Oh yes, "Athrun!", "Kira!". It wasn't just the ageis vs strike battle, practically in the beginning of Seed.
Old 2006-01-23, 21:37   Link #18
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
Quote:
At the very least, we know he loves Morosawa ALOT(though admittedly, very blindly).

Hmm, what other reused dialog was there?

*ponders*

Oh yes, "Athrun!", "Kira!". It wasn't just the ageis vs strike battle, practically in the beginning of Seed.
I believe Athrun's guilty of that in GSD too, but it was more "Shinn"...

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Eidolon Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-24, 00:46   Link #19
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Just mention the horrendously scripted lines of dialogue consisting of names that literally fill the show...

I can name a dozen episodes where, for example, Lunamaria's only lines are either "Athrun..." or "Shinn", and of course, Cagalli's endless, "Athrun's" in the beginning of the series, and like five out of Lacus's first six lines in the series being "Kira". And people wonder why GSD's female characters are poorly developed.

Anyway, anyone should be able to tell how bad Morosawa's scripts are by comparing the scripts of Cyber Formula Zero, which Fukuda wrote himself, and Saga, in which Morosawa started writing. In Zero the script sounded normal, and in Saga it turned into an endless mess of dialogue with overused metaphors and poetic verses that pretty much amounted to nothing, which is how much of GSD's scripts were.
Old 2006-01-24, 03:58   Link #20
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman
Just mention the horrendously scripted lines of dialogue consisting of names that literally fill the show...

I can name a dozen episodes where, for example, Lunamaria's only lines are either "Athrun..." or "Shinn", and of course, Cagalli's endless, "Athrun's" in the beginning of the series, and like five out of Lacus's first six lines in the series being "Kira". And people wonder why GSD's female characters are poorly developed.

Anyway, anyone should be able to tell how bad Morosawa's scripts are by comparing the scripts of Cyber Formula Zero, which Fukuda wrote himself, and Saga, in which Morosawa started writing. In Zero the script sounded normal, and in Saga it turned into an endless mess of dialogue with overused metaphors and poetic verses that pretty much amounted to nothing, which is how much of GSD's scripts were.
Basically, my RL friend summed up the first 10 episodes of GS in 1 line:
Quote:
"Athrun!", "Kira!"
Now, imagine the voices to be in great anguish. Multiply by 24minutes X 10.

Thats the basic summary for GS episode 1-10.