AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-01-06, 23:12   Link #4421
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by King-Slayer View Post
Oh I know what they're real fan base is like both good and bad but its just fun looking at the newcomers questions.
Well, the anime thread here seems to be some actually interesting discussion regarding the subject. Sometimes it's easy to forget how weird, if not straight up bad, this series can look for the unexperienced. And just how much commitment is required to stick through it, slow as hell pacing and all.

Also, must admit I mostly remember the names of the relevant characters, or those inmediatly associated with them, like Yoshiko.

On a different note, here's the first good piece of Shinohayu fanart I've found.

Spoiler for Spoiler:
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-06, 23:15   Link #4422
King-Slayer

Kanna x Shino is definitely moving up in my pairings category.
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-06, 23:20   Link #4423
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Kanna x Shino is definitely moving up in my pairings category.
Yeah, there's something about those two. And we haven't even seen Shino making Kanna lunch yet. You know it's happening.

I hope Hakka-ya takes notice.
Old 2014-01-06, 23:42   Link #4424
raincrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
Well, the anime thread here seems to be some actually interesting discussion regarding the subject. Sometimes it's easy to forget how weird, if not straight up bad, this series can look for the unexperienced. And just how much commitment is required to stick through it, slow as hell pacing and all.
Yeah, totally. I've tried to get a few people into the series, and the only ones who did were big yuri lovers. Everyone else got creeped out/laughed when they saw the fan service or whenever Nodoka moves

I don't blame them though. I know some people like that, but for others we stomach it to see the yuri-pairings, mahjong warfare, and to find out whatever the hell Saki did to piss off Teru

(...and to see Hisa slam stuff )
raincrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-07, 00:09   Link #4425
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhazaru View Post
Yeah, totally. I've tried to get a few people into the series, and the only ones who did were big yuri lovers. Everyone else got creeped out/laughed when they saw the fan service or whenever Nodoka moves
Did someone even make it to Hajime before bailing out?

Oh man, now I can't wait to see the reaction of people when get to see Kasumi's massive tumors in all its glory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhazaru View Post
(...and to see Hisa slam stuff )
First I thought of tiles, two seconds later I thought of Mihoko
Old 2014-01-07, 01:16   Link #4426
raincrow

Quote:

First I thought of tiles, two seconds later I thought of Mihoko
And another fantastic idea for a fanfic is born
raincrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-07, 01:18   Link #4427
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Remember, the story is set in the 2050s. Leaving Hisa and Mihoko alone with any length of time will likely lead to a pregnancy.
Old 2014-01-07, 04:45   Link #4428
Fantasy-Magician

Kinda sad that I expect Saki to run to Teru at this point when she got lost... like shown in season II bits the end of season 1 showed... my hope didn't come trues.
The scene with Achiga is good, and we note Saki's reaction compared to Achiga's moment of terror in their own season is so mild in comparison...
Like 'uh huh, I feel something... kind of.' Considering this coming from Saki who sense Koromo from faraway... it's not boding well for Shizu perhaps?
Then again in Achiga Saki also shows a too composed reaction when Koromo revealed there's someone who pose a big threat on her Rinshan Kaihou...
Maybe she has a trump card ready?
Fantasy-Magician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-07, 05:26   Link #4429
kona~chan
ヘタレ

or it's just because teru already close by, which made her doesn't give a damn about shizu

”生きるってつらいな。。。”
Onjouji Toki
kona~chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-07, 08:13   Link #4430
Peanutbutter

Just observed something interesting today.

Spoiler for Saki S1 Ep 20 & S2 Ep 1:
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-07, 08:23   Link #4431
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Remember, the story is set in the 2050s. Leaving Hisa and Mihoko alone with any length of time will likely lead to a pregnancy.
Mihoko already got knocked up then. Remember rhe fireworks viewing outside the totally dark clubroom? Mihoko's smile next morning? That girl should stay away from mahjong tables for the next nine months.
Old 2014-01-07, 14:44   Link #4432
thenightsshadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter View Post
Just observed something interesting today.

Spoiler for Saki S1 Ep 20 & S2 Ep 1:
Spoiler for Saki:
thenightsshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-07, 21:23   Link #4433
Fantasy-Magician

Let's ignore tiny details... as this first episode while quite ok and leave much to be desired because it feels dawdling to me...
I pity anime only fans who will think 'what the heck happen?'
It's confusing if you never read manga... but even I feel like they slap dash it.
Fantasy-Magician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-08, 22:01   Link #4434
teja208
Critical fanboy

Anime better have the flashback training camp next episode. We can't have Magan refer to Cold Touka without any context you know?
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-09, 18:21   Link #4435
King-Slayer

Chapter is out.
Pretty nice to see Hiroe and Choe try and do the logical thing and knock out Yuan. Also happy to see Hisa get excited about the challenge that presents itself in defending her and taking on the leaders.
Old 2014-01-09, 19:02   Link #4436
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Chapter is out.
Pretty nice to see Hiroe and Choe try and do the logical thing and knock out Yuan. Also happy to see Hisa get excited about the challenge that presents itself in defending her and taking on the leaders.
If someone enjoys a good challenge, it's Hisa, only this time there's no room for failure. It's do or die for good ol' Buchou. Not to mention the wife is watching.

Also, what the hell does "I have money" mean? My god, that was scary.
Old 2014-01-09, 19:24   Link #4437
King-Slayer

Quote:
If someone enjoys a good challenge, it's Hisa, only this time there's no room for failure. It's do or die for good ol' Buchou. Not to mention the wife is watching.

that confused me as well. what does having money matter? maybe we'll find out later.
And of course Hisa enjoys a challenge She was the only one to actually want to play Koromo, Saki, and Fujita and wanted to play "cold" Touka as well. I think she'll come through this time simply because her nerves are fine this round.
Old 2014-01-09, 20:23   Link #4438
tarajis
El Psy Congroo

Quote:

Quote:
that confused me as well. what does having money matter? maybe we'll find out later.
And of course Hisa enjoys a challenge She was the only one to actually want to play Koromo, Saki, and Fujita and wanted to play "cold" Touka as well. I think she'll come through this time simply because her nerves are fine this round.

First chapter of the year and we get CRISIS right off the bat... can't get any exciting than this...

When I read the chapter title as crisis i remember this being used before and I was right... it was chapter 43 when Koromo put Kana at zero and our resident Demon Overlord was smiling and pulled off some awesome moves... feeding Kana some points by giving her an extremely rare chankan and shocking The Koromo and leaving the audience wondering if it was intentional... now this time around we have bucho smiling at the last page... Hisa is now in one hellish predicament she can ask for... haaaaahhh... getting this excited can be bad for your health....

About Nelly talking about money... maybe it has something to do with their sponsors like whoever put up a good show will get a bonus or something... maybe she need the cash to buy a new set of clothes... that reminds me... is that Nelly's school uniform or just something she likes to wear?
tarajis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-09, 22:30   Link #4439
teja208
Critical fanboy

At least Nelly won't be fooling around like Awai. She wants to get serious from the get go, maybe it has something to do with what happened in the quarterfinals such as letting her guard down facing Usuzan captain. About the money, yes I supposed she has plenty.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-09, 22:45   Link #4440
Azure_yo

Oh my the chapter felt so short, too short, barely even 1 minutes reading
Azure_yo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri