AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-09-20, 15:09   Link #1001
Fjoergyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
Body-jacking you mean? At first I also thought it will be Haruto but than he also the main protag and if he doesn't have his Valvrave he will be irrelevant to L-elf. So the only conclusion I come up with is that Saki is captured, Haruto want to save her but L-elf don't want to take the risk instead searching for a replacement pilot in place for Saki.

I used to think you could create a test tube baby to be a pilot, but right now I think L-Elf going to do it, if they say you can have more than one driver does not think it's random. I do not think carmilla fall into enemy hands, Saki uses her green suit, meaning that it retains its valvrave.
Old 2013-09-20, 15:10   Link #1002
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
Plus there's always the possibility of the bad guys taking Carmilla as well.
Taking Carmilla is pointless as now Dorssian have a Valvrave, including a original engine as well. But those ARUS but might come in and take it though.
Old 2013-09-20, 15:20   Link #1003
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Alright. Now, concerning a replacement pilot for Saki. I thought the Valvraves insta-gib anyone that's not the registered pilot, like when the soldier tried to pilot Haruto's Valvrave. Doesn't that apply to the other units as well? So, if Saki was captured but the good guys manage to keep Carmilla, wouldn't it be useless to anyone else since it only recognizes Saki as it's pilot?

Edit: Then again with body-jacking the Valvrave must be able to detect that Haruto is possessing L-Elf's body, so he's still technically considered piloting.
Old 2013-09-20, 15:40   Link #1004
cyberdemon

Quote:
Taking Carmilla is pointless as now Dorssian have a Valvrave, including a original engine as well. But those ARUS but might come in and take it though.
ARUS "knows" what would happen. remember what happened to that one ARUS pilot? Whether VVV1 is special or not in this regard is unknown, ARUS is unaware that vvv1 was special as well. They won't take that risk again. They're more like to go after one of the 2 remaining VVVs if info about them gets out.
Old 2013-09-20, 16:33   Link #1005
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
ARUS "knows" what would happen. remember what happened to that one ARUS pilot? Whether VVV1 is special or not in this regard is unknown, ARUS is unaware that vvv1 was special as well. They won't take that risk again. They're more like to go after one of the 2 remaining VVVs if info about them gets out.
Lol, too bad the one that know were already killed off by the Dorssian along with Senator Moses. ARUS is probably waiting on a opportunely to strike on both New JIOR and Dorssia. Also remember that what they seek is not Valvrave themselves but the technology behind them that will allow ARUS to mass produces them. Just getting one can allow ARUS to reverse engineer and make Valvrave clones.
Old 2013-09-20, 16:42   Link #1006
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

^Heck, they can even take it a step further & mass produce VVV's that don't require you to turn into a vampire.

Which makes me wonder, why didn't that guy who future Saki fought have an advanced mecha? Come on, 200 yrs have passed & the VVV are still advanced technology. Cain successfully captured VVV II, so if reverse engineering did take place, then there'd be mecha that can compete with the VVV's in the future.

(Eg. Look at Gundam 00, in the first season, the mobile suits were severely outclassed by the gundams. But by the end of season 1 & season 2, the gundams were reversed engineered, their technology was replicated & were now able to compete with the gundams.)

This leads me to think that the VVVs are not able to be reverse engineered OR Cain kept all data & secrets to himself. Therefore that explains why future mechs are still inferior.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.

Last edited by MK-95-; 2013-09-20 at 17:08.
Old 2013-09-20, 16:57   Link #1007
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangakid95 View Post
^Heck, they can even take it a step further & mass produce VVV's that don't require you to turn into a vampire.

Which makes me wonder, why didn't that guy who future Saki fought have an advanced mecha? Come on, 200 yrs have passed & the VVV are still advanced technology. Cain successfully captured VVV II, so if reverse engineering did take place, then there'd be mecha that can compete with the VVV's in the future.

(Eg. Look at Gundam 00, in the first season, the mobile suits were severely outclassed by the gundams. But by the end of season 1 & season 2, the gundams were reversed engineered, their technology was replicated & we're now able to compete with the gundams.)

This leads me to think that the VVVs are not able to be reverse engineered OR Cain kept all data & secrets to himself. Therefore that explains why future mechs are still inferior.
Cain is a Magius and he seek to somehow to bring his "clan" back which is what Haruto did in the future. Him being valvrave 2's pilot make me think he will be on the hero's side later in the season 2. So that may be the reason why he didn't exposed the secret of Valvrave. But it did say that royal guard-of-a-whatever-empire/country put out a good fight with the Valvrave so we should see some forbidden opponent in the near future.
Old 2013-09-20, 17:06   Link #1008
Key Board
Carbon

When L-Elf is asking Haruto whether or not he can assault someone to save another, he is referring to Haruto needing to assault people in order to keep on going (and fighting)

as I said on a certain other board, the word "osou" has a bestial context

it can also mean to aggressively approach someone in a sexual matter.

TLDR:

L-Elf: In order to fight, you need to keep on biting/sexing people. You okay with that?
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2013-09-20, 17:22   Link #1009
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Cain is a Magius and he seek to somehow to bring his "clan" back which is what Haruto did in the future. Him being valvrave 2's pilot make me think he will be on the hero's side later in the season 2. So that may be the reason why he didn't exposed the secret of Valvrave. But it did say that royal guard-of-a-whatever-empire/country put out a good fight with the Valvrave so we should see some forbidden opponent in the near future.

This makes sense, but isn't he a member of Dorssia? The scientists of Dorssia would want to study the VVV, so how would he be able to keep them from studying it...I just remembered that Dorssia's leader is also a Magius, so if he orders that "no one but Cain is to interfere with the VVV," then it's plausible that Cain kept the technological secrets of VVV to himself.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
Old 2013-09-20, 20:41   Link #1010
iCK

Why are people replacing saki? We saw her in the 2nd preview sitting behind a sleeping haruto
Old 2013-09-20, 21:26   Link #1011
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCK View Post
Why are people replacing saki? We saw her *200 yrs in the future with her VVV.
There, fixed it for you.

The funny thing is, they are replacing the one character who is so far confirmed to be alive & kicking 200 years later.
Old 2013-09-20, 21:34   Link #1012
iCK

Quote:
There, fixed it for you.

The funny thing is, they are replacing the one character who is so far confirmed to be alive & kicking 200 years later.
Quote:
Yall need to rewatch this frame by frame or watch by pausing every second. You see saki get surprised when haruto wakes up. Its around 6-8 seconds in..
Old 2013-09-20, 21:42   Link #1013
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

First off go back and see how the topic started so you can get the full context of the conversation.

It starts at 14:05
Old 2013-09-20, 22:10   Link #1014
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
First off go back and see how the topic started so you can get the full context of the conversation.

It starts at 14:05
While I understand the premise of the conversation. I don't understand why you guys even bother entertaining the thought of replacing her. She has plot armor for the next 200 years, she isn't getting replaced anytime soon. Besides, the main point is, only she can use her VVV or she can use another person's body to host her conscience.

So no replacement can use her machine, in other words, her machine is useless without her.

She has MC status, 200 yrs of plot armor & also still has her VVV in the future. She is literally the last person who'll get replaced in the entire cast.
Old 2013-09-20, 22:11   Link #1015
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

Quote:
L-elf said, "can you do it? to save someone, you will also have to assault another". If Shoko does have any love for Haruto, I think she will beg him not go. But Haruto will definitely go and tried to save Saki in which will make Shoko think he choose Saki over her. As in what L-elf just say, save one person and you will hurt another person.
You know Shoko is definitely not the selfish type to let a comrade be abandoned, although she's flawed at times, but I agree of what you have thought about L Elf's word.

Anyways, that is so thoughtful of Saki to watch over Haruto. She knows that Haruto might go berserk, and she's willing to appease his wild kamatsuki by taking precautions, offering herself and bearing shared burdens.

Last edited by Winterson; 2013-09-20 at 22:30.
Old 2013-09-20, 22:20   Link #1016
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
While I understand the premise of the conversation. I don't understand why you guys even bother entertaining the thought of replacing her. She has plot armor for the next 200 years, she isn't getting replaced anytime soon. Besides, the main point is, only she can use her VVV or she can use another person's body to host her conscience.

So no replacement can use her machine, in other words, her machine is useless without her.

She has MC status, 200 yrs of plot armor & also still has her VVV in the future. She is literally the last person who'll get replaced in the entire cast.
I said the same thing her being the only person able to pilot her VVV and how it would just collect dust without her.

Yes, we know she has plot armor. We were just entertaining the thought. I even said that when L-Elf brought up a replacement pilot he was referring to Haruto. That's how I took it.
Old 2013-09-20, 22:27   Link #1017
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

No one is saying that Saki is being replaced, read the posts a page back and you will understand what we are talking about XD
Old 2013-09-20, 22:27   Link #1018
Fjoergyn

I remember we talked about replacing Haruto, nobody talked about Saki
Old 2013-09-20, 22:34   Link #1019
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

A quick review for what we were talking about before: Saki being captured by Dorssian ( Season 2 preview of her and Cain as well as Carmilla getting trashed) -> Damsel in Distress -> Rescue mission -> Haruto want to save her -> But L-elf think it not worth it ( Hence the replacement pilot part on the preview).
Old 2013-09-20, 22:57   Link #1020
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
That's an interesting thought.

They "do" have her Valvrave, just not Saki. Logically it would make more sense to just replace Saki than bother trying to get her back from Cain who already proves too powerful to them atm. Haruto of course would be against it.
Quote:
Body-jacking you mean? At first I also thought it will be Haruto but than he also the main protag and if he doesn't have his Valvrave he will be irrelevant to L-elf. So the only conclusion I come up with is that Saki is captured, Haruto want to save her but L-elf don't want to take the risk instead searching for a replacement pilot in place for Saki.
First I saw two posts referring to replacing Saki...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjoergyn View Post
I used to think you could create a test tube baby to be a pilot, but right now I think L-Elf going to do it, if they say you can have more than one driver does not think it's random. I do not think carmilla fall into enemy hands, Saki uses her green suit, meaning that it retains its valvrave.
Quote:
Then I see two posts debating whether or not Carmilla/VVV IV falls into enemy hands...

Quote:
Alright. Now, concerning a replacement pilot for Saki. I thought the Valvraves insta-gib anyone that's not the registered pilot, like when the soldier tried to pilot Haruto's Valvrave. Doesn't that apply to the other units as well? So, if Saki was captured but the good guys manage to keep Carmilla, wouldn't it be useless to anyone else since it only recognizes Saki as it's pilot?

Edit: Then again with body-jacking the Valvrave must be able to detect that Haruto is possessing L-Elf's body, so he's still technically considered piloting.
Then I see another post concerning Saki & replacement.

And you all expect me NOT to misunderstand? That conversation is misleading in many ways...-_-
Now you tell me ya'll were talking about replacing Haruto...o_O
Closed Thread