Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-03-17, 20:14   Link #841
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
Piloting a cute robot with a girl in a dog style sex position make a lot of sense and serious right???? to fight "ecchi monster".
and the damage peoples taking while playing the "game" is only a illusion right???, or maybe peoples being carded or killed is "nothing",ok it's seens is really pointless argue withu. let's just disagree i'm really tired to pointless argue with you.

Just ignore my horrible posts, totally biased and all bla bla bla in the same way i will ignore you and let's be happy right.
Weak rebuttal is weak. Piloting position doesn't matter as long as they use direct-action when confronting their world-ending overlord enemies, not standing around and playing card games with them. Franxx is silly & dumb, but YGO sequels are still several steps above when it comes to silliness and stupidity. And those "entertaining stupidity" is one of the main reasons I still watch them .

I accept it, you don't. That's it.
Old 2018-03-17, 20:23   Link #842
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Weak rebuttal is weak. Piloting position doesn't matter as long as they use direct-action when confronting their world-ending overlord enemies, not standing around and playing card games with them. Franxx is silly & dumb, but YGO sequels are still several steps above when it comes to silliness and stupidity. And those "entertaining stupidity" is one of the main reasons I still watch them .

I accept it, you don't. That's it.
that is why i can't keep wasting my time with u, please you can link one post of mine where i told i "never accepted" which they fighting using cards games is not silly and i don't accept it??? is because i accept it which i try to take it serious as i try to take series like frank, because both are silly and stupid but i'm fine with that approach, what i'm not fine it when inside the universe they do "stupid things as making villians does idiot things? you get it now?? if not please rememeber which everyone have right to post they opnion right??? i'm really tired of waste time with u ok??? really my last post and i really don't want to have to put you on block list ok?

In the same way i don't mind in franxx they fighting monsters in a most ridiculous way i accept in yu-ig-oh they also fighting in a ridiculous way, both where ridiculous, but this don't means which i hate it or complain i just don't take it "serious as you love to take", it's simple like that, see things as silly or ridiculous ==//== from hate, dislike or don't watch or accept, that are different things, if you don't get it now then srry i tried my best and it's not more a "english problem but really something else like you are being annoying and you know forum rules then please let's finish it.

now we can stop please????? for the sake of have a good forum discussion, i'm really tired.
Old 2018-03-17, 23:38   Link #843
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

No use replying to someone who can't differentiate "replace" & "destroy", so I'll move on to other subject of my interest that's been bugging me for a while now: the names of some of Revolver's dragons.

I don't know what's going on with the English translation, but are the names like "Borrelload/Varrelload Dragon" and "Magnavarret/Magnavullet Dragon" really the correct official English spelling? That's kind of strange for dragons with gun-themes. Why they didn't just go ahead with what the names intended to do and go with the logical "Barrelload Dragon" and "Magnabullet Dragon". We all know the Japanese meant the names to be spelled that way since they match the gun-theme. So why beat around the bush by changing some letters? Are gun-themed names also restricted for the TCG like the devil-themed ones?
Old 2018-03-18, 00:10   Link #844
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
No use replying to someone who can't differentiate "replace" & "destroy", so I'll move on to other subject of my interest that's been bugging me for a while now: the names of some of Revolver's dragons.

I don't know what's going on with the English translation, but are the names like "Borrelload/Varrelload Dragon" and "Magnavarret/Magnavullet Dragon" really the correct official English spelling? That's kind of strange for dragons with gun-themes. Why they didn't just go ahead with what the names intended to do and go with the logical "Barrelload Dragon" and "Magnabullet Dragon". We all know the Japanese meant the names to be spelled that way since they match the gun-theme. So why beat around the bush by changing some letters? Are gun-themed names also restricted for the TCG like the devil-themed ones?
Usually, to avoid other cards with similar name got same treatment.
If there is a card "Special Summon one 'Barrel' monster ignoring its summoning condition", assuming they go with Barrel instead of Borrel, player IRL can use it to target other monsters with Barrel name outside Borrel monsters. Remember that we had Barrel Dragon (Bandit Keith's ace monster) and trap card Barrel Behind The Door.

If Borrel were translated as Barrel, then both most likely also considered to be part of Borrel archetype, allowing it to access Borrel support card.
I believe people here know how many option for combo available just by not going specific enough, such as "Special Summon one 'Hero' monster" effect; no saying is it Elemental, Destiny, Masked or Vision-- allowing summoning of Oscillo Hero that not even a part of Hero archetype.

Basically, better safe than sorry.
Other than that, there is Rokket-- that may goes to Rocket Warrior if translated correctly.

Old 2018-03-18, 00:19   Link #845
SilverGlavenus

Then there is also the question of whether or not Firewall Dragon will be of use in this duel.
SilverGlavenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-18, 00:21   Link #846
rladls2121

The other thing Dr Kogami left Yusaku and Kusanagi disappointed is that, there are no last words of exchange between them.
Dr Kogami did not actually even talk to these two didn't he?
Only left his last words to Revolver that is only to his son to weigh this so called fate of the world to him.
You have got to be kidding me.

Dr Kogami just dies like that? Is he somehow glorified just because he thinks he is making things right that it is okay not to at least for him say sorry to these six childrens and people around them for going through the horrible experience?
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-18, 02:20   Link #847
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
Usually, to avoid other cards with similar name got same treatment.
If there is a card "Special Summon one 'Barrel' monster ignoring its summoning condition", assuming they go with Barrel instead of Borrel, player IRL can use it to target other monsters with Barrel name outside Borrel monsters. Remember that we had Barrel Dragon (Bandit Keith's ace monster) and trap card Barrel Behind The Door.

If Borrel were translated as Barrel, then both most likely also considered to be part of Borrel archetype, allowing it to access Borrel support card.
I believe people here know how many option for combo available just by not going specific enough, such as "Special Summon one 'Hero' monster" effect; no saying is it Elemental, Destiny, Masked or Vision-- allowing summoning of Oscillo Hero that not even a part of Hero archetype.

Basically, better safe than sorry.
Other than that, there is Rokket-- that may goes to Rocket Warrior if translated correctly.

Wait, does that mean the Japanese names have that problem, or they also avoid it by using different letters and such?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rladls2121 View Post
Dr Kogami just dies like that? Is he somehow glorified just because he thinks he is making things right that it is okay not to at least for him say sorry to these six childrens and people around them for going through the horrible experience?
I don't think the show glorified Kogami for that. Not when we clearly see (at least) Yusaku, Jin & Shouichi suffering because of it. Kogami is a mad scientist and as such his moral is screwed in one way or another. Fellow mad scientists like Genome doesn't seem to have a problem with it, but we're shown how Faust & (especially) Baira were conflicted about it.
Old 2018-03-18, 03:09   Link #848
rladls2121

Quote:
I don't think the show glorified Kogami for that. Not when we clearly see (at least) Yusaku, Jin & Shouichi suffering because of it. Kogami is a mad scientist and as such his moral is screwed in one way or another. Fellow mad scientists like Genome doesn't seem to have a problem with it, but we're shown how Faust & (especially) Baira were conflicted about it.
I know, which is why I included the word "somehow".
But really Kogami said he did not want to involve his son, and then involving some other people's children which is worse.

Remember in 5d's Yusei at least let his feelings out on Rudger who ruined everyone lives, leaving the victims to live as people of the Satellite.
Yusaku and Kusanagi, they never got to say something to him and did not reach the resolution between Kogami who is the most responsible for ruining their lives.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-18, 03:20   Link #849
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by rladls2121 View Post
Yusaku and Kusanagi, they never got to say something to him and did not reach the resolution between Kogami who is the most responsible for ruining their lives.
I think that's exactly the point. The show even addressed it via Shouichi's "Fuck! I miss my chance to teach this guy a lesson!"-expressive moment.

I mean, maybe after all is said and done, we can still meet Kogami in the network which he then has to answer to Yusaku & Shouichi. But even if Kogami doesn't survive after this, the show still teach us how not everyone can get what they want, even if you're the protagonists (driven by vengeance). I think that's a good lesson.
Old 2018-03-18, 12:18   Link #850
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Wait, does that mean the Japanese names have that problem, or they also avoid it by using different letters and such?
JP rarely deal with such issue. Using that 'Hero' case for example.
In JP, Hero units have their Hero written as HERO, easily distinguish them from other cards with Hero (written in katakana) in its name.
Old 2018-03-18, 13:08   Link #851
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:

There might be a problem with parents not wanting their kids playing with cards with "bullet" on them or saying attacks containing the word "bullet".
Old 2018-03-19, 03:20   Link #852
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Can we all just realise that it's Revolver who is trying to glorify Kogami, not the show itself?

Anyway, naming Yu-Gi-Oh! cards is really difficult. There have also been cases where their naming scheme created a whole bunch of confusion. The "Magician" archetype in particular, to which, ironically, Dark Magician and Dark Magician Girl do not belong, but Time Wizard does.

Last edited by Dengar; 2018-03-19 at 04:52.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-20, 17:21   Link #853
InfinityDragonGod

https://ygorganization.com/areyourea...gethotblooded/

New characters for season 2!

Homura Takeru / Soulburner who partners with the AI Ignis, Flame

I was wondering when the AIs start showing up. This makes me wonder if Soulburner is one of the six children like Yusaku.
Old 2018-03-20, 18:02   Link #854
IceHism

There are no new girls getting introduced. Why is that.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-20, 23:26   Link #855
SilverGlavenus

^No use introducing any new girl just so she could become damsel in distress or another love interest, which we know will go nowhere given the series' take on romance.

So the second AI is revealed, we have 4 more. This is crazy. Does that mean Homura is also a Lost Incident victim ??
SilverGlavenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-21, 00:12   Link #856
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
you know when we have a "very low poor budget serie them:

not enough money!!!

be happy to have 2 females, or 2 female VAs :P.
Old 2018-03-21, 01:53   Link #857
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
Why not? There's nothing wrong with not introducing girls .
Old 2018-03-21, 12:51   Link #858
ImperialFlameGod8190

Here's what utterly annoys me about this episode. This looks utterly hopeless for playmaker and yet you know he's going to win. It almost makes it no fun. As for new characters.Meh i'm sure that one of the six is a girl so they'll be introduced in due time

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-21, 13:37   Link #859
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
Here's what utterly annoys me about this episode. This looks utterly hopeless for playmaker and yet you know he's going to win.
And that's different from any other major duel with a rival or major antagonist in Yugioh, how?
Old 2018-03-21, 16:29   Link #860
KPSJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
And that's different from any other major duel with a rival or major antagonist in Yugioh, how?
Because yuya never beat his maim rival until the last few EPS
KPSJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
card game, yu-gi-oh! series