Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-04-28, 07:22   Link #1
CrimsonWater
Animeholic/Techie

Mature Romance anime/manga

Hey everyone i was looking for a good romance to read or watch. I just recently started reading manga and was really enjoying it. some of the ones i liked were.

Spoiler for anime:

Spoiler for Manga:

What i am really looking for is a manga like unbalance x unbalance or mars but animes are good too.

Thanks in advance for your sugestions
Old 2008-04-28, 20:52   Link #2
jedinat

copy/pasting from some other thread...
Honeymoon Salad - depressed guy ends up living with 2 women...and the women don't seem to mind the love triangle that results ^^
Koi Kaze - incest done in a plausible fashion...good manga though the subject matter may deter
Emma - nice 19th century romance
Old 2008-04-28, 21:37   Link #3
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

If you liked Air and Clannad, you'll probably also like Kanon 2006. It's similar to Clannad except with less comedy and with more well-written arcs.

As for other mature romance anime:
Kimi ga Nozomu Eien is a love triangle drama that doesn't exclusively focus on its male lead's indecisiveness to progress its plot.
REC is a short slice-of-life romance and, like Kimi ga Nozomu Eien, its main characters are a bit more mature, being in their twenties in this case.
Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora is another short series about a pair of teens with different conditions who meet in a hospital, later having to overcome many obstacles, small and large.
5 Centimeters per Second is a movie about a realistic relationship focusing on the distance between two people and how it can grow over time.
ef ~ a tale of memories is a romance anime that details two stories connected loosely by their root: one that follows the typical love triangle with several unique changes, and another that focuses on a different kind of relationship. Symbolism and such throughout.
Old 2008-04-29, 06:04   Link #4
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

i dont really like those manga but I guess i can try and recommend something

zettai kareshi
gentlemans alliance
Old 2008-04-30, 09:23   Link #5
CrimsonWater
Animeholic/Techie

Thanks everyone...I will probably end up reading all those manga within the next couple weeks, i've become addicted, i've been meaning to watch Kanon a few times and just keep getting sidetracted. Also ef~ a tale of memories looks good.

I've also recently read kaikan phrase and haru yo koi whitch i enjoyed throughly (although you must be able to handle explicit content). If i find any more i'll post them here for others as well.

thanks again
Old 2008-04-30, 20:42   Link #6
devildog23
Summerlurking

and for mature romance, most of the good ones have been suggested

Heres more

Suzuka is a good mature romance with some sports involved.

Although I personally disliked it, Saikano is a mature romance with some hard drama.

One I'm reluctant to suggest is Elfen Lied, but it is a mature romance (and graphic anime may I add) It has a wide range of genres and is one of my favorites.

I'll second Hantsuki and Kanon 06

Btw another good mature romance movie other than 5cm is The Place Promised in our Early Days which is made by the same director and IMO, better

Last edited by NightWish; 2009-01-11 at 14:08. Reason: Please don't quote spam
Old 2008-05-17, 17:15   Link #7
MamoruUsagi

Bokura ga Ita
Kare First Love
Happy Hustle High
Fushigi Yuugi
Absolute Boyfriend
Mars
Kare Kano
Ceres Celestial Legend
Sailor Moon
Paradise Kiss
The Devil Does Exist
Wild Act
Fushigi Yugi
Marmalade Boy
Peach Girl
Sensual Phrase
Kare First Love
Akuma De Sourou
Punch!
Land of the Blindfolded
Ultra Cute
Doubt!!
Missile Happy!
High School Debut
Sand Chronicles

These have the couple in sexual relationships with dating, lots of kissing, sex, sleeping together, making out, living together, engagements and break ups.

Mars is very real and excellent.

Kare First Love is very real and excellent.

The Devil Does Exist is real and excellent.

Mars is so real.

Last edited by MamoruUsagi; 2010-08-01 at 12:13.
Old 2008-05-17, 22:36   Link #8
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Whenever I hear romance + mature I immediately think of REC, possibly one of the most realistic portrayal of the romance genre. Of course, this is just a personal opinion.

Other good romance series include Kimi ga Nozomu Eien, SaiKano, Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora, Kanon 2006, ef ~ a tale of memories, 5 Centimeters per Second, and The Place Promised in Our Early Days. Like devildog23, I like The Place Promised in Our Early Days more than 5 Centimeters per Second. In fact, I think that the preceding title is one of the most beautiful work of art I have ever seen period.

Since I am in a good mood, I won't shoot down Suzuka today.
Old 2008-05-18, 05:39   Link #9
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post

Since I am in a good mood, I won't shoot down Suzuka today.
I hope you meant the anime. The manga was pretty ok, IMO.
Old 2008-05-18, 12:10   Link #10
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
I hope you meant the anime. The manga was pretty ok, IMO.
Yeah, the anime. To tell you the truth it's not that bad, but not really a "mature" romance.
Old 2008-05-20, 16:12   Link #11
zetsubousensei
zoku!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
Yeah, the anime. To tell you the truth it's not that bad, but not really a "mature" romance.
Ya I'd have to second that, I haven't read the manga, but anime wasn't really my taste.

If you're talking about a mature romance....go for Paradise Kiss. Kare Kano, very long series (21v) but worth it, which has been mentioned already I believe. A mature story with romance in it Nana. A nice mature one shot romance (which I went out of my way to purchase) Voices of a Distant Star....Saiunkoku Mongatari, set in feudal China I believe? I watched the anime, but I'm not too sure about the manga- it's very engligtening and inspiring for young females. Hope that helped

Last edited by zetsubousensei; 2008-05-20 at 16:23.
Old 2008-05-26, 00:06   Link #12
mandarb916

Someone mentioned KANON 2006...
I'll second this, but KANON really shines when you have a chance to watch both KANON 2002 (Toei) and KANON 2006 (Kyoto Animation). Admittedly the artwork in 2002 isn't that great, but the presentation of the storyline in 2002 covered aspects which weren't covered in 2006. If you can see past the artwork, the 2002 and 2006 storylines really go well with each other.
Closed Thread

Tags
mature, romance