AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

View Poll Results: Valkyria Chronicles - Episode 24 Rating
Perfect 10 8 17.78%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 24.44%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 15.56%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 15.56%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 13.33%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.22%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 4.44%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 6.67%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-14, 00:12   Link #41
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheezeRaider View Post
Just I as said 'a simple curiosity'. I am very curious as to how the cultural difference would differ in the out look of the Anime. If there is any.

I think your reading too much in to question.
Ah~, I'll PM you.

Sorry if I was rude. But you know~ No, nevermind. Some of the "fans" are going to retaliate more if I say anything else...
On-topic~ On-topic~

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbron View Post
You mean like how the people that actually like this series constantly pat themselves on the back, or how fans and anti-fans of any series do this all the time?

Seriously, what is this precious little world some people live in. Have you never dispassionately observed people's comments on a series you neither enjoyed nor disliked before? It's not new, it's not confined to this series, and heck, it's not even confined to fandom of types of media.
Boy oh boy, you don't understand the point. Please read over Relentlessflame's post on the episode thread a few threads back.
P.S. There is a line you can't cross, and this isn't 2ch.
Well... *peeks at poster's name* *searches posts on this board*
...Fuh, nevermind.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2009-09-14, 00:43   Link #42
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Ah~, I'll PM you.

Sorry if I was rude. But you know~ No, nevermind. Some of the "fans" are going to retaliate more if I say anything else...
On-topic~ On-topic~
lulz....

Don't be a tease S_B and finish your sentence....
Old 2009-09-14, 03:00   Link #43
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
lulz....
max is so stupid. he wanted to marry a valkyrie so bad, and he had Silveria all the time, i guess he also wanted her to be royalty

By the way, the way Silveria went was so beautiful.

Last edited by golthin; 2009-09-14 at 03:15.
Old 2009-09-14, 03:04   Link #44
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Alright, Dragon Ball fights does not better Valkyrian duel make! The way Ali & Sel were charging up for an attack brought back memories, although for a wrong occasion. I suppose I should be thankful they didn't start reading each other's power levels and screaming attack names.

On another hand, although they added the childhood scene of Ali & Sel, but what did that bit accomplish? Nothing much, as it little to help move the plot in any particularly meaningful way. I suppose this is another fine opportunity wasted?

Not to mention the way they handled Sel's eventual demise, which left a lot to be desired. *sigh*, two more episodes...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2009-09-14, 09:37   Link #45
Sassarai
Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
I suppose I should be thankful they didn't start reading each other's power levels and screaming attack names.

- Tak
Hey! That would of been cool!

Spoiler for coolness:
Old 2009-09-14, 09:56   Link #46
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
max is so stupid. he wanted to marry a valkyrie so bad, and he had Silveria all the time, i guess he also wanted her to be royalty

By the way, the way Silveria went was so beautiful.
lulz.....wait what...?......l'm all confused now....

Yeah Max was/is a stupid scrub look at that fine ass Silveria he make had with him, that's what makes me hate him.....not the invasion on gallia but as to what an ass he was to silveria....

Speakingof silveria you are right that was a great scene but still didn't the writers over powered alicia too much there? She took the direct impact of silveria's self-detenation and survived O_O

@ Tak

MMM love your sig..... ShizuruxNatsuki goodness

@ Sassarai

That girl in your sig looks traumatized being near him....

Last edited by Manji Midou; 2009-09-14 at 10:15.
Old 2009-09-14, 10:08   Link #47
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
@ Sassarai

That girl in your sig looks traumatized being near him....
Is that supposed to be... Ranka?

Old 2009-09-14, 10:16   Link #48
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Is that supposed to be... Ranka?
That better not be Ranka...
Old 2009-09-14, 10:36   Link #49
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

It does kinda resemble her. The hair shape and color, anyway...

Old 2009-09-14, 11:51   Link #50
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassarai View Post
Alicia: SHINING SPEAR!!

Sel: R. DRILL!!

Quote:
That better not be Ranka...
I kind of have to agree, any woman with Faldio will be ruined

Even though its friggin' HILARIOUS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
It does kinda resemble her. The hair shape and color, anyway...
Well, it is Ranka, its from a fanart on Pixiv.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2009-09-14 at 12:08.
Old 2009-09-14, 12:10   Link #51
Lummie

How could they!!!! Killing of general Damon....

Seriously... He was like the main character of this story. His Bishōnen power level was over 9000 and yet the producers didn't spare him. "sob" "sob"

Ok, let's stop joking.... why the hell was this guy alive up till episode 24? It doesn't make sense... he should've been burned to crisp when he failed to invade a forest.

Let's ask Faldio, he knows everything about it.... how it feels to fail literally in everything.
Spoiler:

Oops, sorry Faldio is still busy with crying....try asking later.
Old 2009-09-14, 12:34   Link #52
Runty

-_- You guys are simply... ugh...

I couldn't be happier that Damon's burning in Hell now.

And as for Selvaria's end, I agree with golthin. It was one helluva way to go down fighting.

I feel the anime did a bit better in some ways than the game at Selvaria's death. Sure, the DBZ bit was a tad corny (not that I'm complaining, I loved that show as a kid), but the rest of the fight was simply a feast for the eyes. Heck, I plan to incorporate a similar fight into one of my Lone Wulf chapters.

If I had one gripe with the episode, it's that Cordelia didn't try to knife Maximilian like she did in the game. And the fact that Borg is still alive... I hope his death comes as a suitable execution.

EDIT: oh, and Death Header... you bigot...
Old 2009-09-14, 12:47   Link #53
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Alright, Dragon Ball fights does not better Valkyrian duel make! The way Ali & Sel were charging up for an attack brought back memories, although for a wrong occasion. I suppose I should be thankful they didn't start reading each other's power levels and screaming attack names.

On another hand, although they added the childhood scene of Ali & Sel, but what did that bit accomplish? Nothing much, as it little to help move the plot in any particularly meaningful way. I suppose this is another fine opportunity wasted?

Not to mention the way they handled Sel's eventual demise, which left a lot to be desired. *sigh*, two more episodes...

- Tak
While we're on that I was wondering how Selvaira was still standing with pieces of her left side was missing

Though the pace is quite fast. Too fast I think, we're going from one end to the other. Hopefully this'll resolve easily but it seems now they are focused on the major points with some minor details changed

Game
Spoiler:
Old 2009-09-14, 13:09   Link #54
Father Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runty View Post
I feel the anime did a bit better in some ways than the game at Selvaria's death. Sure, the DBZ bit was a tad corny (not that I'm complaining, I loved that show as a kid), but the rest of the fight was simply a feast for the eyes. Heck, I plan to incorporate a similar fight into one of my Lone Wulf chapters.
I have to disagree on this part. I did like the death of Selvaria in the game. It was better than yelling at each other and then doing seppuku with no further explanation. Although I liked the scene where she shed a tear when she activated her flame of valkyria.
Old 2009-09-14, 13:14   Link #55
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:

Spoiler for coolness:
It's a shame it wasn't until the third page of this thread that we got this image. Should have been on the first.
Old 2009-09-14, 13:34   Link #56
Foreshadow
Nyaa~

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
While we're on that I was wondering how Selvaira was still standing with pieces of her left side was missing

Though the pace is quite fast. Too fast I think, we're going from one end to the other. Hopefully this'll resolve easily but it seems now they are focused on the major points with some minor details changed

Game
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Game:

Game Max has alot more poise then the Anime one. Anyway that battle really left something missing, A certain feeling.. It wasn't captivating at all. Selvaria's sacrifice also felt lacking some how.. her emotion really didn't seem into it, And I somehow challenged her resolve to Maximilien. Definitely animation wise better. It just wasn't that captivating and seemed to be lacking something the entire episode. Although Damon's dieing was nice, He was only portrayed as a Jackass, and not a bad commander while he was at it.
Old 2009-09-15, 19:41   Link #57
Sassarai
Army of One

Quote:
lulz.....wait what...?......l'm all confused now....

Yeah Max was/is a stupid scrub look at that fine ass Silveria he make had with him, that's what makes me hate him.....not the invasion on gallia but as to what an ass he was to silveria....

Speakingof silveria you are right that was a great scene but still didn't the writers over powered alicia too much there? She took the direct impact of silveria's self-detenation and survived O_O

*slap* ! HIIII HOOOO SILVER!! IA!!

You should know better.

Last edited by Sassarai; 2009-09-16 at 01:31.
Old 2009-09-16, 01:12   Link #58
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
*slap* ! HIIII HOOOO SILVER!! IA!!

You should know better.

there's nothing l can say to get me out of that one....
Old 2009-09-16, 08:12   Link #59
Forever
Revealing the truth

Finally Damon is dead. For that I will be generous with a ten. Guessed the princess wasnt a valk, but didnt expect she is a darcsen. How did such a big army head straight to the capital without resistance? Is it becuz the princess allowed them just for a peacetalk? Since when you allow the enemy walk in with such a large tank even for a peace talk?

Ah never mind 2 more eps to go.
Old 2009-09-16, 10:04   Link #60
Lexich

Remember, most the regular army is near Alicia VS Selveria battlefield. And promptly got nuked.
At the same time, Maximillian asks for peace treaty, being on his way to Gallian capital. They can't exactly stop him. Moreover, his landcrawler was top secret, they weren't expecting it.
Closed Thread