AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-05-27, 09:52   Link #1241
ookamigirl

Gon finally continues with his training.
Wing sure explains a lot how each ability works.
Zushi, Gon and Killua training together..
Killua is as amazing as ever, can't wait to see his next fight.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-27, 09:59   Link #1242
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

One thing that occurred to me while rewatching the episode, with Machi's explanation of the Kastro/Hisoka fight, Killua's analysis of the fight becomes somewhat pointless. It probably would have been better to leave out Machi's explanation and use Killua's explanation to explain both gyo and in, and Hisoka's tricks.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-27, 10:22   Link #1243
fanimanga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
One thing that occurred to me while rewatching the episode, with Machi's explanation of the Kastro/Hisoka fight, Killua's analysis of the fight becomes somewhat pointless. It probably would have been better to leave out Machi's explanation and use Killua's explanation to explain both gyo and in, and Hisoka's tricks.
I don't think so. Why do you think Zushi have that kind of look (and Wing "off paneled" look) after Killua's explanation? Compare Zushi, Gon and Killua's discoveries on Hisoka's fight when they use Gyo for the first time.

The difference between the three is apparent.

- added -

Let's look at it this way: If Killua will be the one to do the explanation-in-detail regarding Hisoka's nen, viewers whole attention will focus on Hisoka's being a badass.

It would definitely take away Killua's brilliance in assessing Hisoka's nen on the first try.

Last edited by fanimanga; 2012-05-27 at 11:00. Reason: different angle/perspective
fanimanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-27, 10:32   Link #1244
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
I agree, but then timing would be a problem. You don't want the explanation to come too long after the fight.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-27, 16:38   Link #1245
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Lol Killua finds it tough to live without killing people. So awesome how hw made Sadaso forfeit.
Old 2012-05-27, 17:47   Link #1246
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanimanga View Post
Let's look at it this way: If Killua will be the one to do the explanation-in-detail regarding Hisoka's nen, viewers whole attention will focus on Hisoka's being a badass.

It would definitely take away Killua's brilliance in assessing Hisoka's nen on the first try.
Possibly, but the double explanation also takes away from Killua's brilliance, since the magic was already revealed to us the episode before. A revelation of something the viewer doesn't know has more impact than a revelation of what the viewer does, which includes an opinion of the person doing the revelation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I agree, but then timing would be a problem. You don't want the explanation to come too long after the fight.
Not sure I'd call one more episode too long, but with the explanation from Machi removed, additional time is now available to allow things to be shuffled around a bit. Or you could add a few more dialogs to keep the suspense on Hisoka's magic.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-27, 18:11   Link #1247
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Possibly, but the double explanation also takes away from Killua's brilliance, since the magic was already revealed to us the episode before. A revelation of something the viewer doesn't know has more impact than a revelation of what the viewer does, which includes an opinion of the person doing the revelation.
But, he did it in less time than what normally occurs apparently and by watching the match on TV. It didn't take away any brillance from Killua imo. This ep just reinforced how much of a monster he really is.
Old 2012-05-28, 04:37   Link #1248
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Gaaah! Why no creepy music when Killua threatens Sadaso? Music sets like half the mood, why leave all music out of what is otherwise a brilliantly creepy scene? Throwing a track like the Zoaldyck theme under that scene would have raised the scene another notch.

*sigh* My usual grumblings at this series handling of audio aside, great episode. I particularly like the detail that Gon's promise thread is actually shown broken before attention is focused on it. Good eye for detail there.

Another detail I noticed is that they also changed the video tape into a DVD. Logical change, considering videotapes are a relic of the last century. The series'd probably feel a tad weird to newcommers if they fell back to using video tapes.
In the end I think it comes down to personal preference in how they wanted to handle suspense. Cutting music entirely at the moment when that knife comes down can be just as or more effective than transitioning into a creepy tune. Besides it brings the focus entirely onto Killua and his tone of voice. Not going to say that the right music wouldn't have worked too, but I'm perfectly happy with how they handled that scene.

Agree it's probably a good move to change the tape to a DVD. Otherwise some might not have a clue what that thing Wing is holding is supposed to be . Technology just keeps on moving along.
Old 2012-05-28, 19:39   Link #1249
VnsFurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
But, he did it in less time than what normally occurs apparently and by watching the match on TV. It didn't take away any brillance from Killua imo. This ep just reinforced how much of a monster he really is.
This is my take on the matter.
We already know how it was done, him explaining it wasn't to remind us how Hisoka won the fight, but to show us how incredible Killua can be.

Also, his faces were very satisfyingly horrific this episode
VnsFurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-28, 20:09   Link #1250
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Agree it's probably a good move to change the tape to a DVD. Otherwise some might not have a clue what that thing Wing is holding is supposed to be . Technology just keeps on moving along.
not to mention that later in the manga you can see people using tablets.
Old 2012-06-02, 10:02   Link #1251
SHINOBI-03

I'm usually the guy who does not complain about the new series, but there's one issue I want it fixed by the time we get to Yorknew arc. And that issue is Kurapika's scarlet eyes. I don't mind the visual effects they gave him, but I'm not satisfied with the color. It's not a solid red and almost pinkish color. I really hope they'd fix this issue otherwise we will get complainers say they gave Kurapika girlish pink eyes instead or red eyes of evil. Here's my edit for the colors.

SHINOBI-03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-02, 11:15   Link #1252
fanty
STARVING ARTIST

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHINOBI-03 View Post
You kinda removed all the detail, I suppose you meant them to look like this:

But anyway, I don't think it's all that much of a deal.
Old 2012-06-02, 17:58   Link #1253
VnsFurs

Quote:
I'm usually the guy who does not complain about the new series, but there's one issue I want it fixed by the time we get to Yorknew arc. And that issue is Kurapika's scarlet eyes. I don't mind the visual effects they gave him, but I'm not satisfied with the color. It's not a solid red and almost pinkish color. I really hope they'd fix this issue otherwise we will get complainers say they gave Kurapika girlish pink eyes instead or red eyes of evil. Here's my edit for the colors.

I think they've done a fine job with his eyes, they certainly don't come off as "girlish."
At least not to me.

There are certain moments in that arc will be made even more awesome, in my opinion, with the way they've done his scarlet eyes in this show.
VnsFurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 00:02   Link #1254
leokiko

Holy cow the animation is godly.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 01:20   Link #1255
NJZanDatsu

Great episode. The fights were highly entertaining, and the animation was awesome. Now I'm really looking forward to seeing how Madhouse animates the beginning of Gon vs Hisoka next week.
NJZanDatsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 02:57   Link #1256
Clarste
Human

Quote:
They aren't supposed to be "red eyes of evil" though. They're supposed to be pretty. It's a rare and valuable jewel, after all. One of the most beautiful colors in the world, and highly prized by collectors. The kind of thing a particularly sociopathic socialite might wear to a party.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 04:18   Link #1257
fanty
STARVING ARTIST

A meh episode for me. I tend to find these mook fights to be really boring since you know that they stand no chance anyway. On the other hand, I'm not entirely sure if I'm looking forward to Gon fighting Hisoka either. Somehow, Hisoka just doesn't look anywhere near as scary as he did at first, he comes across as almost normal at this point...
Old 2012-06-03, 04:21   Link #1258
SHINOBI-03

My turn now

Spoiler for Episode 34 - Anime vs manga:

Spoiler for Episode 34 - Old vs New/Manga:
SHINOBI-03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 08:27   Link #1259
Albafica
Pisces no saint

The episode was ok, I like the music when Killua faces his enemy.
I'm really impatient to see Kurapika back in the show.

Battle looks ok.
Old 2012-06-03, 09:05   Link #1260
noktown

Wow,what an epic episode,so much better than the old version IMO.

And i guess i just watched the old version too long ago that i didn't even remember that they changed Sadaso's character so much,he looks so different in this version.As well as other guys which seem not to have any major injuries at all(in the old version).
noktown is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, shounen