AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-11-06, 01:37   Link #5261
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Girls loving Athrun isn't just a plot device. If you believe that than any main character having a love interest only has one because she/he is a plot device which is vastly incorrect.
Definition of plot device: A plot device is an object or character in a story whose sole purpose is to advance the plot of the story, or alternatively to overcome some difficulty in the plot.

Ergo, in some manner, the girls' affection for Athrun is a plot device. Purely a clinical term and objective statement; whether fans loved it or hated it has no bearing on its use.

For the context of the plot device in question, it is called an "unwanted harem" because Athrun does not want the harem. Fans want him to have the harem, then sure. Doesn't make it mean Athrun wants the harem. Ergo, "unwanted harem."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Once again something goes right over your head. Whether it's unwanted or not for Athrun is irrelevant because the fans loved it and in the end they're the only ones that matter since they pay the bills.

It's also why unwanted harems are still hugely popular in the harem genre. It's popular and sells.
And your point is...?
Old 2012-11-08, 23:21   Link #5262
quagmire

Did the Orb battle and animating the Perfect Strike suck the budget out of the remaster? I know the final battle was pretty good, but a few new scenes wouldn't hurt now will it?
quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-08, 23:57   Link #5263
Shadow Angel
Hellraiser

Just got finished watching the remaster of eppy 49 nice to see the ending was changed.
Old 2012-11-09, 00:33   Link #5264
quagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Angel View Post
Just got finished watching the remaster of eppy 49 nice to see the ending was changed.
You mean with Mu's helmet not floating around? That was changed back in the SE. Not surprising it would be included in the remaster.
quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 00:46   Link #5265
Destined_Fate

Sad thing is that Murrue is left to believe at that point that Natarle fired that shot that supposedly killed Mu.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 01:22   Link #5266
monster

I forgot there were so many deaths in this episode.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 02:56   Link #5267
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

So going by a thread on 4chan, the SEED party that's been delayed for like what, several months now? Is happening on December 1st. The text makes mention of a Phase 3.

So...I'm calling, a SEED movie, or Destiny remaster.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 03:13   Link #5268
monster

If remasters are counted, then a Destiny Remaster would be Phase 4 (5 if Stargazer is counted). That means, if this is ends up being a new CE animated work, it'll be a movie, OVA, or even a third series, which would make me a happy viewer.
Old 2012-11-09, 03:17   Link #5269
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
If remasters are counted, then a Destiny Remaster would be Phase 4 (5 if Stargazer is counted). That means, if this is ends up being a new CE animated work, it'll be a movie, OVA, or even a third series, which would make me a happy viewer.
Seconded.

Especially if Sven, Shiho, Yzak, Dearka, or even non-EMO Shinn became a true main character this time.
Old 2012-11-09, 03:41   Link #5270
monster

Shinn is a possibility, although I doubt it. Sven is not, otherwise, this would be Phase 4. The others on your list have much less of a chance than Shinn. It's either Kira, Athrun, Shinn, or someone new.
Old 2012-11-09, 03:44   Link #5271
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Of all the possibilities, I'd like to see a movie. Or a new series. Doesn't matter which, I just want to see the CE era after the events of Destiny.
Old 2012-11-09, 03:49   Link #5272
monster

I just want to see more of Kira in white (not the suit, though). But yeah, I'd like to see more of CE as well.
Old 2012-11-09, 05:12   Link #5273
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

I'd like a new cast to be honest. Kira and co had two full shows. For the sake of creativity, I feel it best to bring in new people.
Old 2012-11-09, 05:37   Link #5274
monster

New people are fine. But if they're going to make a sequel to Destiny, I'd rather they tie in with the end of Destiny. That means Kira, Lacus, and Shinn, at the very least, should be there, even as supporting characters.
Old 2012-11-09, 06:08   Link #5275
bio9205
Reborn

Wait, what's this new SEED party about? As a newly minted SEED fan (I've been following the remaster, yet to catch Destiny or the OVAs) more SEED is definitely good news.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 06:14   Link #5276
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

I think what fans want the most is some kinda insight to what the hell happened in Destiny’s ending. How Kira ended up in ZAFT and how he’s doing after that. Is Lacus really become the chairwoman? If yes, how could that happened? What becomes of Cagalli-Athrun-Meyrin. What become of Gladys' son now that his mother decided to die with her boyfriend and left him alone , and so on. Many fans will be pissed if the (assumed) new series/OVA doesn’t addressed the above matters at all and just go with new characters and new conflict. It'd be nice if they also show how Sven & Serene was doing after being rescued.
Old 2012-11-09, 06:47   Link #5277
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
Wait, what's this new SEED party about? As a newly minted SEED fan (I've been following the remaster, yet to catch Destiny or the OVAs) more SEED is definitely good news.
This SEED Party has been the works for a while now. For the longest time the director of SEED said that there would be like, a major announcement. And it appears to be holding true. Be it a movie, new series, or another HD re-master, something SEED related is coming.
Old 2012-11-09, 06:49   Link #5278
bio9205
Reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
This SEED Party has been the works for a while now. For the longest time the director of SEED said that there would be like, a major announcement. And it appears to be holding true. Be it a movie, new series, or another HD re-master, something SEED related is coming.
And how do we know that it's soon? Has there been an official announcement? If there's to be a Destiny remaster then I might wait it out to watch it
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 07:07   Link #5279
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

The party takes place on December 1st.
Old 2012-11-09, 07:31   Link #5280
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

oh something for GS era on dec 1 looking options

1.GSD HD version
2.GS movie
3.the 3rd tv series
4.spinoff series
5.prequel
6.female lead in GS era
7.the next generation of GS era
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep