AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-07-07, 13:37   Link #121
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I was actually a little cool about the first part of this ep, but it sure came through after that. Takahashi Mikako is so great as Ayu. I adore Simoun, but she's not anywhere near as good there, as Rodoreamon.

I think I'm beginning to see Mayama more clearly. And it was not disturbing, just wonderful, to hear him speaking with a version of Kyon's voice, lol (Sugita Tomokazu).
Spoiler for ep2:
One thing in this ep: the heavy cross-hatched shadows under people's jaws freaked me out a bit. Have I just forgotten that they did it that way in season one, too?

Oh, and I'm a huge fan of spoiler tags, as you can see. I try to stay behind them until a day or so after the subs are out, unless others have broken the ban without people complaining.

EDIT: I have way of seeing who's interested in H&C, and I see that people from all over the world are: US, Canada, Mexico, Germany, Poland, Estonia, France, Finland, Sweden, Hungary, Russia, Japan, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand.... Isn't anime wonderful? Anime brings the world together. Honey & Clover does, in particular.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2006-07-07 at 14:25.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-07, 19:19   Link #122
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Pst. Can you translate c63 for us, Kaoru and post it in the manga thread? Please? I'd like to know more about ... yeah, those two.

I'm a fan of spoiler tags, but I really think that once it's released in raw or otherwise, it's fair game to talk about it. Perceive the notion any way you guys want, but really - it's out as a Chinese raw, and if you only look somewhere™ hard enough you could really find it. Unless, of course, you don't know where this somewhere™ is.

I guess you guys have a point. I do use spoiler tags.

Well, Kaoru, I think that H&C II's going to be at least as good as H&C, if not better. I don't know why I think that, but really ... *smirks*
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-07, 21:22   Link #123
Furudanuki

Some speculation on my part, and if this has already been discussed please disregard... I hope that I am completely wrong, but I can't seem to shake the feeling that by the end of this series there will be a Morita, Hagu and Takemoto couple-plus-one relationship established to mirror the old Harada, Rika and Shuuji grouping. Not what I really want to see happen...
Furudanuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-08, 03:11   Link #124
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I don't want that to happen, but there is Shuuji, so it's not going to be like the old Harada, Rika and Shuuji pairing just because there will be Shuuji with Hagu, Takemoto and Morita. I don't think it will end that way.
Old 2006-07-08, 03:22   Link #125
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

All the pretty triangles they just twirl and bang together... o wait.

I am glad to see this rolling... having at least one great series rolling at a time is never a bad thing (now they just better not lose their focus on this one).
Old 2006-07-08, 07:24   Link #126
wintermoon

I hope this isn't a dumb question, but it's been bugging me awhile since Ayu's working with Rika and Mayama.

Spoiler for Ep 2:
Spoiler:

Last edited by wintermoon; 2006-07-08 at 09:13.
wintermoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-08, 09:39   Link #127
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Spoiler for wintermoon's question:
Old 2006-07-08, 17:13   Link #128
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
BTW, for those of you wondering what the hell those figures in the opening video are: it's an allusion to the statue of Bremen Musicians, characters from Brothers Grimm fairy-tale.

There is a statue almost exactly like that in the German town of Bremen.

MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-09, 09:18   Link #129
kokujin_2000
chairman of the board

Send a message via Yahoo to kokujin_2000
This is a favor for all of you that enjoy H&C as much as I do.

I'm stationed in the Middle East and I've no chance to watch H&C2

Can someone give me the rundown of the show's opening? It might be a minor thing to most but I thoroughly enjoyed H&C1's two openings.

Peace in the Middle East

koku
kokujin_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-09, 22:05   Link #130
brightredglow

Finally got a chance (or rather, a break from work) to download a raw version of ep 2.

Initial impression is mostly positive but some "not that again!" moments came up that made it a slightly mixed bag for me. I expect my feelings will change once the fansubs are out. I appreciate the summaries but I admit that in my Japanese challenged state, there is something very helpful about following the dialogue, and inner monologues, in time with the action that brings out stuff that I just can't get from the raw and summaries combined.

That said, my initial impressions are beneath the spoiler tag to be recorded for personal posterity.

Spoiler for ep2...tagged just to be safe:

Last edited by brightredglow; 2006-07-09 at 22:15.
brightredglow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-09, 23:28   Link #131
tritoch

"____ no baka" is Takahashi Mikako's signature line. All of her roles has that line somewhere. Where it was Rika in Hantsuki to another antisocial girl in Canvas 2. She says that line with impunity and with such flare.

I really do love it whenever Ayu utters "Mayama nooooo BAKA!"

Last edited by tritoch; 2006-07-10 at 00:01.
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-09, 23:48   Link #132
Truth-kun
Do the Penguin Dance!

Send a message via Yahoo to Truth-kun
Solar-IDE subs are out. Will join the conversation as soon as I finished downloading.
Truth-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-10, 00:10   Link #133
domino
デレデレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet
BTW, for those of you wondering what the hell those figures in the opening video are: it's an allusion to the statue of Bremen Musicians, characters from Brothers Grimm fairy-tale.

There is a statue almost exactly like that in the German town of Bremen.

Ohh, so that's where they got the statue idea from..! I didn't know about this statue so I thought the opening was very random and confusing..

I wonder why they chose this to be the opening movie? (I greatly prefer the first season's opening...) Maybe the animals symbolize things? The poodle is pretty obvious (since that poodle actually appears in the TV series), but I wonder why they chose the goose, lion, and unicorn. Could they stand for characters? Maybe Hagu is the goose, Ayu is the lion, and the unicorn is... Morita?
domino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-10, 00:47   Link #134
brightredglow

Quote:
Originally Posted by tritoch
"____ no baka" is Takahashi Mikako's signature line. All of her roles has that line somewhere. Where it was Rika in Hantsuki to another antisocial girl in Canvas 2. She says that line with impunity and with such flare.

I really do love it whenever Ayu utters "Mayama nooooo BAKA!"
Much thanks for this added info and an opposing opinion on this matter. I love Ayu as a character but in that particular aspect, it was starting to grate on me. I'm glad to know that this is not the case with others.

And oh yeah! Downloading the fansub now. My enlightenment is near!
Old 2006-07-10, 01:14   Link #135
stfu

Ayu's situation might've been able to evoke sympathy early on, but it's just getting annoying at this point. I've had enough of her jealous emo-ness. I can't see how you love hearing her do her "baka" whine, considering she does it like 3 times per ep.
stfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-10, 03:32   Link #136
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

People move on easily in other anime. As among this show's strong points is its gritty realism, they don't move on easily. It's as piercing and as excruciating as sharp nails clawing down a chalkboard, but it's almost reality. I appreciate the humanity of this series, and people often reiterate themselves, so I loved it.
Old 2006-07-10, 07:09   Link #137
Truth-kun
Do the Penguin Dance!

Send a message via Yahoo to Truth-kun
I just finished watching the subs!
It certainly makes up for the first episode, for this immidiately digs us to the drama that were left unfinished the past season.
Spoiler for thoughts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
EDIT: I have way of seeing who's interested in H&C, and I see that people from all over the world are: US, Canada, Mexico, Germany, Poland, Estonia, France, Finland, Sweden, Hungary, Russia, Japan, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand.... Isn't anime wonderful? Anime brings the world together. Honey & Clover does, in particular.
You forgot us! Philippines XD. Hahaha
Truth-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-10, 07:14   Link #138
tritoch

People tend to forget the timeframe in between series. As much as you hate to see Ayu whine, its only been a few days since Takemoto's confession thus realistically continuing Ayu's plight for world peace errr.... Mayama lovesickness.

Actually, Ayu utters those lines for a reason. And I we saw the reason why in the first season. Ayu was overprotected by her store family and she grew up with relative love hardship. Enter: Mayama, Ayu is very much new to aesthetics of falling in love and getting hurt. Realistically speaking, her reaction is the most "normal" one fo that situation.

And if you don't believe me, just remember those puppy love times you had growing up. Don't you always say that she/he is stupid for falling for someone else?

Now add two and two. Ta-Da. Ayu's plight 101.

But now here we are treated with some Nomiya moments, remember that Ayu is only slightly fond of Nomiya. Its leaning slowly and slowly over to becoming a real love contender relationship and both Nomiya and Ayu's reactions/approach to the situation is very different from how they normally do it. In this case, Nomiya doesn't really care about girls (I believe the 1st season said why) and ofcourse, Ayu is pretty much da-da ove Mayama and yet when these two people met, the reaction was different. Nomiya was serious and Ayu wasn't acting childish.
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-10, 07:29   Link #139
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Honey and Clover II Episode Two Insights

I didn't think you were Filipino, Truth-kun. LAWL. I'm one too. Isn't Honey and Clover universal?
Old 2006-07-10, 11:45   Link #140
brightredglow

The reason that I don't like to see the whining, especially in this second season, is that Ayu had grown so much by the end of the first season. To see her go back to the old refrain is like she's regressed instead of progressed. Ayu is strong and sensitive yet her actions in this ep makes her look vindictive and bitter and that's not how she was at the end of the first season and it just seems a bit jarring. Of course, that is just an opinion.

Spoiler for for ep 2...fansub out but still being safe:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tritoch
But now here we are treated with some Nomiya moments, remember that Ayu is only slightly fond of Nomiya. Its leaning slowly and slowly over to becoming a real love contender relationship and both Nomiya and Ayu's reactions/approach to the situation is very different from how they normally do it. In this case, Nomiya doesn't really care about girls (I believe the 1st season said why) and ofcourse, Ayu is pretty much da-da ove Mayama and yet when these two people met, the reaction was different. Nomiya was serious and Ayu wasn't acting childish.
I totally missed the above when I first made this post but I just had to add it as a quote. The sentence in bold is my emphasis and I think it is such a great point because it nails why I'm a Nomiya/Ayu shipper. Ayu has expressed fears of being an adult and her behavior shows it at odd times, but with Nomiya (and with Morita as well), she begins to show hints of the adult she will be. And Nomiya, who can and has had almost any girl he wanted, is having to readjust his thinking with Ayu. In short, even if they don't hook up romantically, their interaction and friendship is making them better people and that makes their story intriguing.

Last edited by brightredglow; 2006-07-10 at 12:03.

Tags
drama, noitamina, romance