AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Negima

Notices

Old 2006-11-21, 18:03   Link #261
rooboy
Umeboshi!

I would qualify it as "which parts of the manga do you like?"

If you like the harem/romance elements - then you might enjoy the original series. If you like the action/adventure parts, I thought that was where the original anime was weakest. The animation gets better after the first couple of episodes (though I don't think it is ever as good as it is in the OVA), and a lot of people are very fond of episode 19.

Personally I thought it was missing some of the stuff that makes Negima what it is, but I thought it did a fair job of being a magical harem show (in the vein of Maburaho or Magikano).

The new series is a completely different thing. Personally I think it has more in common with Pani Poni Dash than Negima, but I personally liked Pani Poni Dash quite a lot.
Old 2006-11-21, 18:09   Link #262
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimichi View Post
Hello all I have question about the first season of MSN...Do you all believe its worth it to watch if someone is currently reading the manga and watching the new series?

I ask because I only recently strarted watching the new series and the characters/setting intrigued me so much that I wound up buying every single manga volume realeased aswell as finding all the up to date chapters that arent out here yet.

But...From the few screens ive seen the animation quality for the original series looks rather...horrid. I guess maybe I was spoiled by the OVA and the new series I dont know...

In any case do you all think its worth it to bother or just stick with the manga and negima?!
well personally i found nothing wrong with the original...might be because i havent read the manga but what the heck...i loved the original anyways
theres a lot more romance than the new series so far and also its mainly based on fanservice...
lots of funny moments as well as emotional ones...just to say that mahou sensei negima was the first anime to have ever made me cry bucket loads...so yea it gains my points on that aspect...
only thing is that the ending was kinda wierd but still its a good series...
it has a completely different storyline to what is being shown in the new series so i dont think you will spoil yourself much if you do decide to pick it up

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-21, 19:44   Link #263
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Hmmm...Maybe ill be sneaky and try finding the first episode subbed and decide from that whether I want to buy the full series or not.

As for what I like about the show...ummm...Basically everything.

The manga has a great mixture of romance/fanservice/action that really appeals to me. At first I thought "30 some girls? How can they do justice to that many" but its honestly come out pretty well to me. Each ones gotten atleast alittle attention and been "fleshed out" to the point that they all come across as unique and interesting.

The tournament got alittle repitive since it felt like it was too much action too little plot, but overall its been a nice balance between all the aspects. From what others have said here it seems as if the original series focused on the romance/character interaction...new series on the action...and the OVAs on...well...fanservice.
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-12, 11:24   Link #264
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Rewatching volume 04 brings back more memories as to why i love this series - the main one from the volume being how well episode 15 was told. The level of emotion for Ayaka in the final scene's was done perfectly - yet again its shame the BGM played is no where in sight in the two soundtracks.

Last edited by Shiroth; 2006-12-12 at 12:07.
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-12, 12:59   Link #265
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Favorite episode in the first season has to be the Sayo one hands down. Strangely enough, I also enjoyed the Sayo one in the second season as well.
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-12, 15:47   Link #266
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Very oddly, I also enjoyed both versions of Sayo (especially season 1 ep 19 version though). The new Negima Sayo was quite enjoyable as well though they seemed to have skipped out on her backstory (maybe to reveal later but more likely because it just didn't fit into the comedic hijinks). It would be supreme if they could merge the two versions (humorous introductions, some sleuthing by the scoop queen, and some tragedy revelation followed by new happiness).
Old 2006-12-12, 16:30   Link #267
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Very oddly, I also enjoyed both versions of Sayo (especially season 1 ep 19 version though). The new Negima Sayo was quite enjoyable as well though they seemed to have skipped out on her backstory (maybe to reveal later but more likely because it just didn't fit into the comedic hijinks). It would be supreme if they could merge the two versions (humorous introductions, some sleuthing by the scoop queen, and some tragedy revelation followed by new happiness).
Indeed. What bothered me about the manga version was they pretty much wrapped it up with
Spoiler:
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-13, 21:26   Link #268
porchoky

I gotta say I liked episode 19 better than the new one. It was alot more emotional and just great. plus I'm bothered by how you need a camera to see sayo.
they havent reavealed in the anime(s) how she died yet, have they?
porchoky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-13, 22:31   Link #269
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

It looks like in this version they're deferring Sayo's backstory (or the secrets of her origin if you like). I don't mind the camera bit --- I've seen it used in other supernatural tales. It gives her an extra connection to the scoop queen other than just sitting together.

I'm getting the impression that a lot of the deeper stuff is going to be muted in this "omake" pile of Negima!? in favor of action and laughs. That would be rather disappointing because I know the director *can* integrate strong emotional situations within wacky humor and action (see Tsukuyomi Moon Phase).

The current situation in Negima!? relating to Sayo matches the situation currently in the manga (where we really don't know her backstory either). The famous ep 19 story from season one was created for the anime and, as I remember, Ken liked it better than his manga story. It was pretty powerful and stands alone pretty nicely. It reveals what happened to her and her connection with the school.

I have a sad feeling we won't hear much more about Sayo though in this series other than occasional bit parts though, especially since it seems to be falling into a Pokemon "pactio of the week" rut. It is still a very funny series but I was kind of hoping to see particular segments and story arcs animated that I don't think we'll see now.
Old 2006-12-13, 22:35   Link #270
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
It is still a very funny series but I was kind of hoping to see particular segments and story arcs animated that I don't think we'll see now.
It looks like a lot of the original manga readers (myself included) where looking for the original story but with a different animation studio. Still - i'm loving Negima!? a hell of a lot, the style Shinbo brings to the series works perfectly, same goes for the characters.
Old 2006-12-13, 22:53   Link #271
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Aye.... mixed bag. I love the angle on the series Negima!? but I lament we'll probably not ever get a "Negima traditional" now.

Now.. that *might* change if Negima!? gets a multiple season nod. In that case, Shinbo can come to the well for all sorts of material and we could get a lot of the interesting stuff in bits and pieces.
Old 2006-12-13, 23:33   Link #272
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

We need a Negima series that'll animate the Martial Arts Tournament from the manga, and not leave anything out -
Spoiler for manga:

I know for a fact after 11 episodes it won't appear in the new series, though i'll still be praying for it to happen in the future.
Old 2006-12-14, 13:22   Link #273
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
We need a Negima series that'll animate the Martial Arts Tournament from the manga, and not leave anything out -
Spoiler for manga:

I know for a fact after 11 episodes it won't appear in the new series, though i'll still be praying for it to happen in the future.
Personally, I'd rather have elements from the Tournament Arc be mixed into an original story rather than have the Tournament Arc be animated completely, since I know for a fact that this arc will be tedious for people who prefer the "support" members of Negi's crew over the "fighters".
Old 2006-12-14, 13:26   Link #274
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Personally - i didn't mean fight for fight, just to keep the basic story from that part of the manga. The Chao section after the tournament wouldn't have to be there, though it would be good to also see that epic-ness animated.
Old 2007-02-11, 15:50   Link #275
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

hey whats going on! i just bought box 501 and it had the same figure as box 401@@!!!???!

anyone else get this? are the figures random or should they be in order???

i have two of the sasaki makie maid figures.

EDIT:
oh look, after digging around i found this, they should like put it on the front page :0

Last edited by Potatochobit; 2007-02-11 at 16:06.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-13, 02:07   Link #276
Incho-San
@} Shotacon Girl {@

Ehem....What figure haves the box 201 I got eva,but in the panel there ayaka on it...
Incho-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-13, 04:46   Link #277
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

201 should be eva
301 ayaka
Old 2007-02-14, 19:10   Link #278
Incho-San
@} Shotacon Girl {@

Ok thanks....n.n I need to buy that one
Old 2007-02-19, 23:14   Link #279
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

well this is very upsetting. i wouldnt care if it was the other figures, but losing chachamaru or konoka really makes me mad, w

does anyone know what figure was supposed to be in box 5? because i am not sure i want to buy box 6 now.

The Negima figures were all imported from Japan in limited quantities
to
match the number of limited edition DVDs produced. As a result, no
additional figures were ordered or kept in inventory.

they are going to offer some DVD voucher or something. but you need a copy of your reciept. now i have to go look for mine.
Old 2007-02-20, 14:10   Link #280
Incho-San
@} Shotacon Girl {@

OMG ! ! I need to hurry then,or wait if the magazine "Previews" sales the chibi figures or anything raleted..n,n