Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2020-11-07, 15:44   Link #1361
Johnny Dy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post
My prediction for the next 24 hours, liquor will disappear from store shelves, no doubt the work of aliens >_<
I think any other republican that would have ran now, probably would have won! We have to thank Trump for running, the hate for him defeated the fear of terrorism and immigrants! Party time!
Old 2020-11-07, 16:17   Link #1362
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata II View Post
Looking at what most of the data analysts were saying: Arizona was called too soon but Nevada and Pennsylvania could have reasonably been called much earlier, probably on Wednesday night. This was basically from a calculation on what votes had already counted and what types of votes remained.

If we take a step back though. If all states had started counting mail votes in advance and have all in person votes counted very quickly such that nearly all states could have had near complete results within a few hours of polls closing that would have made the media's life a lot simpler because the degree of uncertainty would have been reduced massively.

Well, until Trump concedes there's going to be a cloud.
Wasn’t it Fox News that called AZ early
It makes you wonder if they had some plan

From my view, they only made the Trump base abandon them

//
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2020-11-07, 16:22   Link #1363
Jaden

Pity the foolish Trump supporter, who ever thought Fox News was on their side.

It's just another corporation.
Old 2020-11-07, 16:26   Link #1364
Key Board
Carbon

That’s true, but at this rate, Trump or the Trump dynasty might make a rival to Fox news
They have burned bridged with Trump base in advance, and I wonder what will happen to anchors like Tucker Carlson and Hannity

//
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2020-11-07, 16:36   Link #1365
coded321
He Who Games

From what I've read about arizona, even though trump is gaining, the rate of his gains aren't enough for him to overtake biden by the end of the count. That's why fox and ap called arizona for biden.
Old 2020-11-07, 17:04   Link #1366
cyberdemon

This is a triple whammy loss for Trump.
1. Lost the electoral college
2. Lost the popular vote
3. Biden will have more ec votes when he wins ga than Trump received in 2016.

His ego may never fully recover.
Old 2020-11-07, 17:15   Link #1367
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Of course Fox News would throw him under the bus, his brand is toxic enough as it is. And of course they would burn bridges with the MAGA, in despite of blaming Obama and the Clintons for everything gone wrong in America and the world, they would never openly endorse the white supremacists who flocked to Trump.

But one thing, Fox, the people and the world never forget. If you didnt want to be forever associated with white supremacism, you should have denounced them from day one.
Old 2020-11-07, 17:24   Link #1368
Galaxian

When was the last time someone won the presidency without Florida?
Old 2020-11-07, 17:34   Link #1369
Jaden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
Clinton in 1992, though he won it in 96 for re-election.

Swing states and "bellweather counties" are changing more rapidly nowadays due to demographic change. The parties have to constantly appeal to more groups and try to expand their base.

Makes predicting elections difficult.
Old 2020-11-07, 17:36   Link #1370
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
1992 when Clinton won against Bush Sr.

And if we look at Ohio, that would be the first time since 1960 when Kennedy beat Nixon.
Old 2020-11-07, 18:13   Link #1371
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
I suppose now the Russian bots have outlived their use and will leave.

Well, until 2024 that is.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2020-11-07, 18:16   Link #1372
Johnny Dy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakurin View Post
And if we look at Ohio
Old 2020-11-07, 19:08   Link #1373
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
I suppose now the Russian bots have outlived their use and will leave.

Well, until 2024 that is.
Didnt Putin have to step down due to parkinson?
Old 2020-11-07, 19:29   Link #1374
The Green One

Well assuming Trump survives his upcoming legal trouble these next four years, I'd say it's highly likely he's going to be back for revenge in 2024. There was undeniably impressive turn out for him in this election and it wasn't for the fact that Biden's followers were even more devoted with the removal of restrictions on mail in ballets, Trump would of likely taken this election. Trump did a good job motivating his base and getting them to turn up for him.
Old 2020-11-07, 19:34   Link #1375
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neki Ecko View Post
I am so proud of my Home State of Georgia, that this close (7,200 votes) to going to Biden and Democratic for the first time since 1992. Also both of the Senate races is going to be run off on Jan 5 and if democrats wins both, it will be a 50/50 split with VP Harris being the tiebreaker

This is going to be the true endgame of this election.
Yup. Stakes there are just going to be huge.
Old 2020-11-07, 19:54   Link #1376
Johnny Dy

Biden: "Get out of my house!"
Trump: "What?"
Biden: "What's my name?"
Trump: "Biden!"
Biden: "Bye then!"
Old 2020-11-07, 19:59   Link #1377
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

There is still, what, almost 20 million more votes than in 2016? That is a big difference.
Old 2020-11-07, 20:22   Link #1378
The Green One

Makes you wonder if they're going to let people mail in vote like this from now on.
Old 2020-11-07, 20:34   Link #1379
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Yup. Stakes there are just going to be huge.
Everything depends on the runoff elections in Georgia and I do mean everything. Because we already know moscow mitch is a one trick pony and he just knows one play, obstruct, obstruct, obstruct. If the repubs obstruct new legislation for four years, there will be plenty of people disgruntled because they still have not returned to "normal", so in 2024 they might simply not vote and some might even think that voting for trump will reset the word to pre-2020 settings.
Old 2020-11-07, 21:05   Link #1380
Johnny Dy

Nice speeches Biden and Harris, very likable both of them.
The music wasn't as good but not too bad.
I never understood how the f they can memorize so many words in a few hours... lol
Closed Thread