Sasuke:"My dreams are not in the future"
"My dreams are in the past... and nowhere else"
you been drinking or something? verkeerde topic jonge
UchihaNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-19, 12:37   Link #22
Kamen Rider H

Quote:
Originally Posted by indo
well they can do a lot with chakra. but at least it's not like in DBZ where they can blow up planets and all that
....YET!

Personally I'm waiting to see how long it takes before we see some of the characters
learning how to fly by using chakra.
Kamen Rider H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-19, 13:32   Link #23
Dauthi
Searching for the Cure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narutto Kyuubi
It's this animes deception technique, they are obviously going to use it when they can. Every anime has somekind of deception technique even in real life there are deceptions (disguises) these are basic technique here people we are going to see them alot. Ninja use there chakra for all there moves thats what makes them ninjas and not just solders in some countries army so of course they are going to be using it almost all the time especially in fights. Would you tell a boxer not to throw punches? a soccer player not to kick a ball? basketball players they can't dribble? I know what your thinking of also, but it is something you have to either get over and accept or decide naruto isn't something you like anymore. I hope you chose the first option. Besides with this technique we get to see people die lots of times without them dieing. I mean come on, you have to admit that scene early on where kakashi is shredded by those 2 asssins Zabuza sent was really cool and allowed kakashi time to evaluate the enemy, test sasuke, naruto and sakura while being able to pick the perfect time to stop both of them. The scene wouldn't have been so cool if he hadn't used that move.

Also, with chakra nearly anything is possible since it is basicaly life and body energy that is controlled by someones will and given it's nature it can be anything they want it to be. BUT they have to know how to do it first, it also has to exist in there world, and they need to have enough chakra to do it and even the strongest chakra thing in the world can't do somethings. (ei blow up the world, blow up the moon, level a city with a basketball sized orb, turn poeple into chocolate)

The moves although have nearly endless posibilities take either a genetic trait, lots of practice and skill, or be tuaght to them from someone else. No one just gets stronger by 10x in the middle of the fight and al of a sudden has a new move they just made up on the spot and is super super strong and can kill anything in one hit. ( now some times we just happen to see a new skill in a fight or someone does show a great deal of strenght we didn't know they had before the fight but, they make sure to explain it with flashbacks about when he learned it, why he can do it, who tuaght him, how hard it was to do, etc. etc) but that just makes for a good story not confusing bs or anything like that. I hope you change your mind about this and that this doesn't confuse other fans into thinking hange and bunshins are stupid or lame.

Still it was cool in the beggining because it was new, but now its rather lame. They need to think of new ways of opponents tricking eachother, im sure there are a lot more techniques they could think up. Its just seems like an easy way to say, JK the character wasnt really hit!

For instance when kakashi encountered kabuto, that was kinda cool. It wasnt like, he tried to attack him *POOF* it wasnt him, then try to attack him *POOF* it wasnt him, try to attack him *POOF* it wasnt him etc etc.
Dauthi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-19, 16:38   Link #24
from_the_sand
gomu gomu

Send a message via AIM to from_the_sand
i never said it was lame! i dont care that much either it was more of a thought. and i did say it made perfect sense, it just doen't take advantage of the creative potential.thats it.
from_the_sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-19, 17:15   Link #25
cheez-it_god
chemo brain

Send a message via AIM to cheez-it_god Send a message via MSN to cheez-it_god Send a message via Yahoo to cheez-it_god
During a certain Chouji fight, I thought that the move was going to have been wasted on a bunshin, and the real guy just come out from behind a tree and say, "sucker."
cheez-it_god is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-19, 18:02   Link #26
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Well it is the main theme, from day one we have learn't about "chakara" the whole story is about Naruto and the Kyubi "chakara" inside of him, so i guess it just fits, that there are so many different types/levels, of "chakara"
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-19, 18:02   Link #27
P!ranha
Oyabun

Send a message via ICQ to P!ranha Send a message via MSN to P!ranha
The whole Kawamari-thing doesn't bother me at all. I rather think the characters notice when it's getting dangerous and they do Kawamari when the opponent doesn't pay attention.
A few examples:
Kakashi, at the begining of the Watercountry arc. He noticed the water puddle on the ground and did Kawamari to be sure.
Orochimaru, second exam when Anko searches him. Even Orochimaru isn't that stupid to let him find by Anko upside down in a tree. It was clear it's just a bunshin.
Gaara, during preliminaries when Lee does his upsidedown-renge (was it this sort of renge?). Gaara was shocked that Lee managed to do renge on him. He was lucky that Lee didn't pay attention for a moment, so he could do Kawamari.
I know it's not really logical, but I don't think they overdid it yet.

As long they can't actually shoot their chakra (watch Hunter X Hunter G.I. to understand what I mean) I'm okay with the use of chakra.
P!ranha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-19, 18:13   Link #28
Chotto_Matte
Tired with anime?

Send a message via MSN to Chotto_Matte
Well, it's almost annoying sometimes that it's only the "real" fights which are cool. I mean just think of the attack on Konoha. The were runnning around with shurikens like in a swordsfight! I mean, where's all those thousands of jutsus Kakashi learned?! He just ran around prolly thinking "let's not waste chakra cuz' the viewer will defile this anime more!".....
Chotto_Matte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-19, 21:42   Link #29
ElBoboRey

Send a message via AIM to ElBoboRey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauthi
For instance when kakashi encountered kabuto, that was kinda cool. It wasnt like, he tried to attack him *POOF* it wasnt him, then try to attack him *POOF* it wasnt him, try to attack him *POOF* it wasnt him etc etc.

Kabuto's Dead Soul Technique was cool, but if you think about it that scene was ridiculous. Kabuto dressed up a dead guy to look like him, but then what the hell was the point of Kabuto's monologue about he and Sasuke being similar? When you think about it in retrospect it just seems dumb to have a dead guy relate your feelings about somethng. why go through the effort when no one is there
ElBoboRey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-20, 02:12   Link #30
CastleOrange

Chakra is usually the type of thing that really annoys me in anime, but in Naruto I think it's done just fine. Unlike more abstract stuff, chakra shows that ninja are concious of their power and their limits, and how to work with their body to achieve their goals.
CastleOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-20, 02:17   Link #31
cheez-it_god
chemo brain

Send a message via AIM to cheez-it_god Send a message via MSN to cheez-it_god Send a message via Yahoo to cheez-it_god
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElBoboRey
Kabuto's Dead Soul Technique was cool, but if you think about it that scene was ridiculous. Kabuto dressed up a dead guy to look like him, but then what the hell was the point of Kabuto's monologue about he and Sasuke being similar? When you think about it in retrospect it just seems dumb to have a dead guy relate your feelings about somethng. why go through the effort when no one is there
Yeah, I'm sure that, in the time it took him to set everything up as he did, he could have done what he wanted with Sasuke and left, instead of what went down.
cheez-it_god is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-20, 03:16   Link #32
Narutto Kyuubi

Cool

Well the thing is kabuto probably wasnt thinking about just taking sasuke and booking out of the village someone would have seen him, also sasuke was in need of medical attention and maybe he was going to make sure nothing was wrong for the trip to Oro's place it isn't around the corner you know, it's in the next country. Kabuto had his own little thing going on there and he wanted something. Also he delibaratly showed his face to Kakashi, which means maybe his plan from the start was to get found out but not caught to see what Konoha would do... He is after all with the most sick and evil character yet to be shown in both manga and anime.
Narutto Kyuubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-20, 04:03   Link #33
Dauthi
Searching for the Cure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narutto Kyuubi
Well the thing is kabuto probably wasnt thinking about just taking sasuke and booking out of the village someone would have seen him, also sasuke was in need of medical attention and maybe he was going to make sure nothing was wrong for the trip to Oro's place it isn't around the corner you know, it's in the next country. Kabuto had his own little thing going on there and he wanted something. Also he delibaratly showed his face to Kakashi, which means maybe his plan from the start was to get found out but not caught to see what Konoha would do... He is after all with the most sick and evil character yet to be shown in both manga and anime.

Yeah there are lots of possibilities why he was there. Besides who knows how long it actually took him to set it up, and in the end it helped anyways. If he had just went ahead and killed him, Kakashi could have come in right then and killed Kabuto. He would have been wide open with no backup plan, in enemy territory no less.
Dauthi is offline   Reply With Quote