Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2004-06-22, 15:32   Link #1
Racheal
Super Robot War Player

Riddick in star wars.

Would like your views.

*from Chronicles of Riddick, someone like him would make quite an interesting character in the star wars universe. Imo, a escaped criminal with latent sith traits.
Racheal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-22, 17:09   Link #2
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

I never seen Pitch Black or even the new movie... but... imo... there is no need for Riddick in the SW universe.... there are already enough "sith" characters... like the lady from the cartoon who used two lightsabers... imo... there should only be two siths at any given time since they mention that in the first prequel...

besides... the last SW film has been in the post production stage for the past year already... so thankfully, it would be too late to add "Riddick" even if they wanted to...
Old 2004-06-22, 17:56   Link #3
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

hmmm ... from the previews I'd say ... it's the necromanger or whatever they are closer to sith than Riddick? ... he's more like a Han solo no?
Lexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-22, 18:19   Link #4
Sanjuronord
セクシーなパイロット

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Chronics
I never seen Pitch Black or even the new movie... but... imo... there is no need for Riddick in the SW universe.... there are already enough "sith" characters... like the lady from the cartoon who used two lightsabers... imo... there should only be two siths at any given time since they mention that in the first prequel...

besides... the last SW film has been in the post production stage for the past year already... so thankfully, it would be too late to add "Riddick" even if they wanted to...
Characters more akin to Riddick and less like the uber goodies in the prequels would have been great (I mean Jar Jar could have been a good character if he'd been more rough like Han Solo or Lando (have him get exiled for something serious) instead they made him into a joke). Unfortunately like you say it's way too late to make changes [and save the prequels]. I hated that stupid two people rule they created in the prequels. In all the star wars books/comics out of the original trilogy there were plenty of other dark jedis besides Vader that the Emperor had under his wing like Mara Jade.

"Hi, I'm Palpatine. I'd like to crush the entire Jedi order and I'm gonna need A sidekick." It's fairly ridiculous to think that after losing his only apprentice that he can find replacements that fast. I'd imagine he's already got several dark jedis under his wing. Would much rather see a big scale jedi battle in the third movie than a bunch of jedi's swinging at cg clone/robots/aliens.
Sanjuronord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-22, 19:35   Link #5
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjuronord
Characters more akin to Riddick and less like the uber goodies in the prequels would have been great (I mean Jar Jar could have been a good character if he'd been more rough like Han Solo or Lando (have him get exiled for something serious) instead they made him into a joke). Unfortunately like you say it's way too late to make changes [and save the prequels]. I hated that stupid two people rule they created in the prequels. In all the star wars books/comics out of the original trilogy there were plenty of other dark jedis besides Vader that the Emperor had under his wing like Mara Jade.

"Hi, I'm Palpatine. I'd like to crush the entire Jedi order and I'm gonna need A sidekick." It's fairly ridiculous to think that after losing his only apprentice that he can find replacements that fast. I'd imagine he's already got several dark jedis under his wing. Would much rather see a big scale jedi battle in the third movie than a bunch of jedi's swinging at cg clone/robots/aliens.
yeah... I see what you're saying... more sith would be better... but I go by what the movies say since I never read any of the books... I also agree that there were too much "soft" characters in the prequels... but I guess it can be explained since it is a "different" era...

also I think the prequels might be saved by the long fights they have planned in the third movie... I read that there is gonna be a twelve minute fight scene and six minute fight scene... and that the white droid with a cape that used three lightsabers (appeared in the the animated shorts) is gonna be in that movie as well... hopefully they do it well... imo... 1 on1 duels are better to watch than armies fighting other armies... it just seems so clustered...
Old 2004-06-23, 01:07   Link #6
Sanjuronord
セクシーなパイロット

Quote:
yeah... I see what you're saying... more sith would be better... but I go by what the movies say since I never read any of the books... I also agree that there were too much "soft" characters in the prequels... but I guess it can be explained since it is a "different" era...
Yes, but everybody is so durn squeaky clean that it just bugs me. I mean QuiGon Jinn was supposed to be something of a rebel jedi or something or another but he was barely indistinguishable from any other jedi. Perhaps he broke a rule about drinking blue milk on Fridays...I mean c'mon you don't put Samuel L Jackson in a movie and then not really put the man to good use.

Quote:
also I think the prequels might be saved by the long fights they have planned in the third movie... I read that there is gonna be a twelve minute fight scene and six minute fight scene... and that the white droid with a cape that used three lightsabers (appeared in the the animated shorts) is gonna be in that movie as well... hopefully they do it well... imo... 1 on1 duels are better to watch than armies fighting other armies... it just seems so clustered...
Only thing that can save the prequels is a very, very dark plot for the third movie. Not dark like the Anakin kills some tusken raiders moment in the second one(why Amidala sleeps with him at this point is beyond me...), more like the death star blowing up Alderaan in New Hope. Need a moment to say, "Yes the empire/sith have arrived and they mean business."

I agree with you about the smaller fights being more exciting(though a bunch of that applies only to this trilogy, the battles in the first trilogy were awesome), but this movie requires an epic shift of power. In Return of Jedi, Luke only needs to tackle Vader and the Emperor to shift power to the Rebels. In the Creeping Horror of the Sith (or whatever he decides to call this one...) the entire Jedi Order has to be taken down. There really isn't any one person to take down to shift power away from the Jedis. Yoda would be the only person I can think of and he obviously gets away somehow. One or two of those fights will hopefully be Luke and Obi Kenobi, preferably with one of those being the full on Vader. Don't know about this sith droid, didn't watch the clone/[atari]droid wars because I hated the idea of an emotionally detached war like that (mechanical robots vs biological robots).

If I could pick only one thing to save the prequels at this point (since it's really too late to add new characters) it would be to add a Vader/Jar Jar Binks scene(I know, I know, but stick with me here). We'd have Jar Jar pleading for his life (saying that annoying "Annie!" thing alot) while Vader rips him to shreds, chokes, and otherwise plays with this spokesperson of anti CG groups everywhere. I mean just imagine Vader holding a decapitated head of Jar Jar and this is all kinds of good. Sadistic? Yes. Would I feel satisfaction for having paid to see those first two just to get to see this? Hell, yes.
Sanjuronord is offline   Reply With Quote