AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Steins;Gate

Notices

View Poll Results: Steins;Gate 0 - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 0 0%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 4 50.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 3 37.50%
7 out of 10 : Good 0 0%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 12.50%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2018-05-16, 02:34   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Steins;Gate 0 - Episode 6 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Steins;Gate 0, Episode 6.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Character bashing is not on-topic and will not be tolerated.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2018-05-16, 11:43   Link #2
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I'm not sure what to think about the direction of the episode. The discussion between Kagari, Suzuha and Okarin wasn't really smooth, and there was some random stuff like that camera pan on her chest for like 2-3 seconds for no reason. Meanwhile, they really put emphasis on Suzuha anger there, even though she was supposed to be confused and worried about her instead.

The Japanese Shaman Girls scene is there, albeit it was a bit awkward too, but at least Leskinen reaction is there

Anyway, the pace finally picked up with this episode.
Old 2018-05-16, 13:46   Link #3
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I liked Leskinen's face. It was great.

As for the end of the episode. The universe really does insist on denying Okarin his peace of mind at every turn. It's always whenever he finds a way to calm down a bit too.
Old 2018-05-16, 15:09   Link #4
Kakurin
大佐

God damn it, knowing Steins;Gate I had a very bad feeling about the episode with the mood that was almost too calmn, and my hunch was not wrong with that end.

Also, Leskinen and Reyes are extremely shady at this point. Especially with how Reyes was looking after Kagari passed by at the shrine.
Old 2018-05-16, 15:58   Link #5
Wandering Soul

By the time the party started, I had a feeling that things would ramp up near the end.

Reyes is suspicious and she is most likely in on whatever Leskinen is planning. The scene where she watches Kagari at the shrine was ominous,so she no doubt has something to do with that ambush at the end. Those men at the end are probably the ones that are part of the other group looking for Kagari.
Old 2018-05-16, 16:03   Link #6
Kakurin
大佐

I'm just thinking though of how they are going to resolve this situation. The route of the alpha world line with time travel is not available here. I assume Mr. Braun will do something since Nae is in the midst of it.
Old 2018-05-16, 17:10   Link #7
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

With the Amadeus server cutting off right before the attack, I guess Leskinen's group is behind it. I don't think Mr. Braun would risk exposing his daughter to danger. He may even become an ally in this timeline, plenty of hints he and Moeka know what's going on.

There are no do-overs this time, so I doubt anybody will die. The lab is cursed. Every time they throw a party, it ends with a raid.
Old 2018-05-16, 17:31   Link #8
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
With the Amadeus server cutting off right before the attack, I guess Leskinen's group is behind it. I don't think Mr. Braun would risk exposing his daughter to danger. He may even become an ally in this timeline, plenty of hints he and Moeka know what's going on.

There are no do-overs this time, so I doubt anybody will die. The lab is cursed. Every time they throw a party, it ends with a raid.
The lab parties truly are killers

Anyway very nice seeing stuff ramping up. I'm eager to see how this goes given I've forgotten most of the details from when I played the game.
Old 2018-05-16, 18:25   Link #9
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Well a lot in that episode.
Seeing Daru trying to scare Suzuha was kinda funny too.
Also Rukaku getting harassed by the girls (lol)

What I was kinda missing was Amadeus making some form of comment about Kagari.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakurin View Post
I'm just thinking though of how they are going to resolve this situation. The route of the alpha world line with time travel is not available here. I assume Mr. Braun will do something since Nae is in the midst of it.
We don't know whether he is even a rounder in this time line.
Though Okabe suspects he is.
For all we know he might even be in the middle of it as its masks again...

Quote:

Mayuri's watch stopping usually means she dies.
They could also still use Suzuha's time machine, so no problem there.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2018-05-16, 18:51   Link #10
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakurin View Post
I'd assume both he and Moeka will intervene, considering he seemed to notice the one who was being sneaky. This does not appear to be the same group as the Rounders. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the other two professors are in on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
We don't know whether he is even a rounder in this time line.
Though Okabe suspects he is.
He has to be (or had to be, since we're like 5 months later than the original anime now). The timelines only diverged at the point of the D-Mail being sent. I don't see him being able to form the Rounders, train them, and make them loyal in less than 2 weeks.

Quote:
It didn't stop, he was just remembering her saying that as the feeling was similar. Pretty sure Suzuha only had one more trip left in her time machine, didn't she?
Old 2018-05-16, 18:52   Link #11
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Mayuri's watch didn't stop. That was just a flashback Okabe had when Amadeus stopped working and he noticed the similarities between the two situations.

Fair point about the time machine, but they should only be able to use it one more time.
Old 2018-05-17, 02:53   Link #12
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post

It didn't stop, he was just remembering her saying that as the feeling was similar. Pretty sure Suzuha only had one more trip left in her time machine, didn't she?
Even if she had only 1 trip left - she could just travel back to when she had more. There would be two time machines at one place then though.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2018-05-17, 03:30   Link #13
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

It's like you forgot everything from the first anime, but that's understandable, it's been a long time ago
The use of time machine shifts the divergence ever so minutely that it's not enough to shift world lines (much less attractor fields) but enough so that no two same time machine can exist at the same time.
Old 2018-05-17, 05:04   Link #14
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

^ To further illustrate that point: Suzuha and Okarin never encountered their "past selves" who failed to save Kurisu the first time during operation Skuld.
In layman terms, time travelers are redirected in a virtually identical world line, except that due to their nature of observers, they don't overlap on the same line they already visited.

Also, it is impossible for Suzuha to time travel back to a time where she had enough fuel, because this would lead to a paradox: the Suzuha with more fuel wouldn't be able to do everything the current Suzuha did so far (as in: time traveling progressively to look for Kagari). If anything, the current Suzuha cannot undo what she did herself. The paradox would potentially make the world line erasing her on the spot. It is the very same reason why Okarin is forced to make his past self witness "kurisu's death" so it doesn't screw the entire continuity of his actions.
The only way to theorically fix that is time leaping, but this isn't possible either for obvious reasons.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2018-05-17 at 05:49.
Old 2018-05-17, 05:11   Link #15
moridin84
Custom User Title

So this is currently the beta timeline? The world war 3 one?
Old 2018-05-17, 05:15   Link #16
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Yes, this is the Beta World Line. That's the very reason why Suzuha is that different compared to the original Steins;Gate series.
Old 2018-05-17, 07:10   Link #17
moridin84
Custom User Title

Suzuha didn't seem that interested in Amadeus. It seems strange. You'd think that she's be interested regardless of whether or she or didn't know about Amadeus from the future.

Since the old guy is from the Rounders and is probably going to save them, I guess that these bad guys are different from SERN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Yes, this is the Beta World Line. That's the very reason why Suzuha is that different compared to the original Steins;Gate series.
I guess she is different now that you mention it.

I dunno how exactly she is different though, it's been a while since I saw the original Stein's Gate.
Old 2018-05-17, 07:50   Link #18
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
There are no do-overs this time, so I doubt anybody will die.
Quote:
You don't think it's possible that the whole reason we have Kurisu-Amadeus in this story is to make it possible for Rintaro to obtain yet again the time leap machine in this Beta World Line?

With his knowledge of the original Kurisu's invention and the knowledge and memories of the virtual copy, there shouldn't be any reason why this wouldn't work.

Also since the basic principle of Kurisu's invention is to transfer memories I wonder if Kagari is bound to become the flesh vessel of Kurisu-Amadeus.

Old 2018-05-17, 08:53   Link #19
moridin84
Custom User Title

If I remember, the time leap machine can't transfer memories to any point. I think it is the point the machine was first created/used or something right? In that case, it's useless to use it to reverse the current situation.

And if erneiz_hyde is right, Okabe can't use the time machine to directly affect what is happening now since there has been a time machine since Kurisu died.

A couple of episodes back Okabe experienced a "time divergence", although it seemed to be closer to a dream of the future. At the same time, some of his actions were different to what he remembered, that is he called Amadeus back after hanging up in the current timeline.
Old 2018-05-17, 09:46   Link #20
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

The time leap machine has a maximum amount of hours you can send someone back to. You can go back further by using the time leap machine in sequence, but that ends when you reach a point in time where the machine does not exist yet.

I think the limit was about 3 days?
Closed Thread