Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-10-23, 11:45   Link #461
iwubanime
FMP wubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Anyone else feel bad for Toa? To make a dragon and a girl cry i think you get cursed 2000 years for that.
i do! although, i can't really blame jin either, i mean he feels like the dragon's killed his family... of course he'd stay away from them

I enjoy the series, yet, after episode three I still think the series is a little above average. However, I am going to stick with it because I'm interested in how they will keep the plot moving for 24 episodes.

I hope the whole Toa staying away from Jin thing doesn't span the whole series.

Also, Kazuki (the childhood friend of Jin) is pretty messed up, I freak out just watching him.... >.<
iwubanime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-23, 12:14   Link #462
UPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwubanime View Post
I hope the whole Toa staying away from Jin thing doesn't span the whole series.
I agree with you. At most i believe it should take 2ep. The big draw for this was the relationship between Jin and Toa. Not, one trying to find the other after such a start to the series.
Old 2007-10-23, 13:39   Link #463
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Wow the post have increased in here over the past week. I guess the show is catching on finally. I too noticed the changes in the episode 3 not bad if you ask me.

Anyone else feel bad for Toa? To make a dragon and a girl cry i think you get cursed 2000 years for that.
thats what ive been feeling all along before some people come and say that she is the bad one >.>

wonder what is going to feature on ep 4...jin would probably be captured, taken back, and tortured

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-23, 14:55   Link #464
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
thats what ive been feeling all along before some people come and say that she is the bad one >.>

wonder what is going to feature on ep 4...jin would probably be captured, taken back, and tortured
Wow tortured huh? That would be totally hardcore if he started crying i would die laughing. Im interested in what will become of Jin and Kazuki friendship after his dragon went AWOL let Jin ride him and went after Toa. Talk about first impressions oh and being naked no wonder Toa ran away LMAO. There is so much more we dont know which is why im so curious. Toa better come back soon im going to be one very sad viewer if she goes away for more than 1 episode.

DK i love the new avatar i love that series too thats my next avatar maybe next week. The jigglyness is oh so nice
Old 2007-10-23, 14:58   Link #465
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Awakening

- The Gathering of the Wings -

Surprisingly! The story took on a drastic route, that I have read already no one saw forecoming. In fact, I read that many people at the thread were not very welcoming and fond of the changes.

I do agree that the sentai sequences were an overkill for the episode, and I honestly tell myself they were interrupting the flow of the crisis.

But the more I analyze the ensuing battle and mood delivered, the more I convinced myself that Dragonaut is actually evoking or rather pseudo-evoking sci-fi elements from the Tokyo Kaibutsu-genre movies like, for example, Godzilla and Gamera.
People at this thread familiarized with that movie genre know that there's this alien organism thing that falls on Earth and threatens to take over. There are this group of scientists working or not in conjunction with the militia to save the world from the extraterrestrial danger, while at the same time attempting to subdue or tame giant, mutant beasts which only come for unawaredly help because the alien intruders invaded and threatened their world.

In some aspects Dragonauts borrows quite few plot vehicles from the Godzilla and Gamera films, but the story as of now has been engaging with the political secrecy regarding Thanatos and the destruction of the shuttle.
The most poignant aspect to it are the complex dynamics to be established among its main cast:
Spoiler:

The real mess, according to what I read from the notes at the end of the episode, is that
Spoiler:

And still more mysteries rise...
Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-23, 15:04   Link #466
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
- The Gathering of the Wings -

Surprisingly! The story took on a drastic route, that I have read already no one saw forecoming. In fact, I read that many people at the thread were not very welcoming and fond of the changes.

I do agree that the sentai sequences were an overkill for the episode, and I honestly tell myself they were interrupting the flow of the crisis.

But the more I analyze the ensuing battle and mood delivered, the more I convinced myself that Dragonaut is actually evoking or rather pseudo-evoking sci-fi elements from the Tokyo Kaibutsu-genre movies like, for example, Godzilla and Gamera.
People at this thread familiarized with that movie genre know that there's this alien organism thing that falls on Earth and threatens to take over. There are this group of scientists working or not in conjunction with the militia to save the world from the extraterrestrial danger, while at the same time attempting to subdue or tame giant, mutant beasts which only come for unawaredly help because the alien intruders invaded and threatened their world.

In some aspects Dragonauts borrows quite few plot vehicles from the Godzilla and Gamera films, but the story as of now has been engaging with the political secrecy regarding Thanatos and the destruction of the shuttle.
The most poignant aspect to it are the complex dynamics to be established among its main cast:
Spoiler:

The real mess, according to what I read from the notes at the end of the episode, is that
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Several good points the one i want to touch on is the 3 orginals. Which we can safetly assume were the ones that crashed on earth killing Jin's family in the process. I have researched multiple forums and have not seen any real good theories about the difference between the orginals and what purpose they will play. Obviously they have sway over the younger dragons almost like royalty or some type of hierarchy. The next question is that Toa has been watching Jin for years and is very attached. Why him? Why is she so bonded like being in love with him?
Old 2007-10-23, 15:07   Link #467
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Several good points the one i want to touch on is the 3 orginals. Which we can safetly assume were the ones that crashed on earth killing Jin's family in the process. I have researched multiple forums and have not seen any real good theories about the difference between the orginals and what purpose they will play. Obviously they have sway over the younger dragons almost like royalty or some type of hierarchy. The next question is that Toa has been watching Jin for years and is very attached. Why him? Why is she so bonded like being in love with him?
theory huh...my theory is that the originals were used to create the new "more mecha like" dragons though how valid that is i dont know...

as for toa being attracted to jin...love at first sight? it was hinted that she saved his sad ass while he was falling after the shuttle blew up so maybe she has looked out for him since then seen as she feels partially responsible for his tragic situation...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-23, 15:22   Link #468
raideralan

Does anyone know when the Opening song is coming out?
raideralan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-23, 16:12   Link #469
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Quote:
theory huh...my theory is that the originals were used to create the new "more mecha like" dragons though how valid that is i dont know...

as for toa being attracted to jin...love at first sight? it was hinted that she saved his sad ass while he was falling after the shuttle blew up so maybe she has looked out for him since then seen as she feels partially responsible for his tragic situation...
That can be viable too, but for some reason i cant fathom her falling in love just from saving his cry baby ass. YES he is a crybaby at the moment but im sure it will change.
Old 2007-10-23, 16:52   Link #470
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
That can be viable too, but for some reason i cant fathom her falling in love just from saving his cry baby ass. YES he is a crybaby at the moment but im sure it will change.
I can safely assume that in episode four the basic questions concerning the albums, the dragons, and Toa are going to be answered.

Of course, they'll not going to dig at anything to deep right now as it is too early, but I can only hope that Jin gets some hint at least from Gio by the looks of the preview.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-23, 18:14   Link #471
Darklord_bg
Hallowed Redeemer

Quote:
Sure...but can you blame Jin for his reaction? I think any normal person body would be scared or at least shocked if a huge dragon landed right next to them. He doesn't have time to think and calmly asses the situation, his survival instinct tells him to run.

Nevertheless, he regained his composure pretty fast and overcame his fear and rode a freaking dragon to go after her, only to have her abandon him. It's too early to judge Toa's character, since we don't know the reason why she left, but it is only natural for Jin to feel betrayed. Guys have feelings too, you know?

Also, Jin is not really a crybaby - I have not seen him cry so far in the show, even though he has plenty of reasons to do so. I agree he is not the most masculine of characters, but still, what he did in episode 3 took some real guts.
Old 2007-10-23, 18:55   Link #472
UPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklord_bg View Post
Also, Jin is not really a crybaby - I have not seen him cry so far in the show, even though he has plenty of reasons to do so. I agree he is not the most masculine of characters, but still, what he did in episode 3 took some real guts.
Yeah I agree. People here are calling him "sad ass" and "cry baby" Why? Why because he got saved supposedly by Toa at the shuttle incident. Im sorry does Jin have any powers to save himself? no. Because he got saved again by Toa when he got attacked and fell of the building, he still does not now what's going on and again he does not have powers to save himself. Let me ask you this how was he supposed to save himself out of those 2 situations?

And him being emo about his family, come on every single person blamed his father and because the dad was not there it went all towards Jin. Even the people he was staying with did not care about him. Seriously placing him under that category has been completly unwarrented. If anything he has been strong, calm (sorta) cool, and collected (most of the time). He's being able to keep his cumposure throughout everything that has been going on around him, without a real explanation.
Old 2007-10-23, 21:38   Link #473
romulusx5

i was just thinking that maybe most of the isda are dragons, including the professor but it's too far fetched. but then again, seeing humans turn into dragn-spaceships, then being ridden by other humans isn't so far fetched after all.
romulusx5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-24, 08:38   Link #474
hipeach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post
Call me clueless but I hadn't bothered researching a bit about this show (and there was the whole boob discussion which hijacked the thread) or watching carefully the OP, so prior to the second episode I still thought some giant robot mechas will appear at some point since it was classified as mecha. I am quite happy that it seems to be about the dragons who are the mecha element, instead of soem robots fighting with the dragons.
And the dragons have COCKPITS

I do wonder what the pilot inside the cockpit will become if the dragon transform back to human form with the pilot still inside it

Quote:
The next question is that Toa has been watching Jin for years and is very attached. Why him? Why is she so bonded like being in love with him?
Maybe because she's bond to him? you know, like how those worker bee dragons bond to the queen bee dragons, how Gio looks like being in love with Toa.

I'm not sure if there's any real love ("love" as in human terms) that Toa has towards Jin.

Quote:
I don't see Jin being a crybaby at all. He doesn't have any superpowers, yes, but as far as a normal human goes, he's quite strong-willed already.
hipeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-24, 09:26   Link #475
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

hum.........ok maybe the better word to use instead of crybaby is whinner. Im not saying the guy doesnt lack guts because he does he rode DAMN DRAGON how many of us would have the stones to do it? Oh well I like Jin as a character he seems realistic to me. Cant wait for episode 4 im sure some we will get some good answers this time.
Old 2007-10-24, 09:36   Link #476
NoOneKnowS
Who am I?

Quote:
I like Jin as a character he seems realistic to me.
Well yeah. He is the only realistic character in there anyway. He's so out of place in the Unrealistic world of Dragonaut. . But I like him. ^^
NoOneKnowS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-24, 12:09   Link #477
Saleh
Inactive

Quote:
ISDA doesn't have a reason to capture & torture Jin. They will probably use him as a bait to track down Toa like last time. Toa also had valid reasons to leave Jin (like her presence would put Jin in danger, Jin would start asking questions that Toa wasn't ready to answer & Jin wasn't ready to know, etc).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Spoiler:
I find it strange that no one commented on dragon's egg that Kitajima found 19 years from current time line, 17 years before Toa and her fellow dragons came to earth for unknown reasons. How did that egg appear before shuttle incident ? Has ISDA been using that egg to research their dragon technology? If yes then why didn't they interfere during shuttle incident? And some more mysteries...
Old 2007-10-24, 12:09   Link #478
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Severe apologies for double posting. I gave it some thought and all things considered, I will provide the url for the 2chan ep here - but if I spot even one pixel of those real-life, guro spam pics I saw around earlier today, I swear I'll erase this link faster than you can squeak 'eep'.

So, without further ado and side-grumbling, here goes:

Dragonaut: The Resonance, episode 4
Flight - To the Ends of the Blue Sky - (飛翔 ―青の果てへ―)

Spoiler for 2chan thread for Dragonaut ep4:
As usual, do NOT spread the 2chan link.
If you are to quote my post, then please ERASE THE URL.
If you want to (re)post screenshots from 2chan, then reload them on Imageshack and copy the new links. In other words, do NOT direct-link. 2chan pics last a few hours only as they are eventually erased from the board servers...and the broken urls inevitably lead to pages filled with adult ads.

I'll erase the url in a few hours (at least until the first raw pops up you-know-where) so save it somewhere while it's still up.

EDIT: ~Link deleted~

Last edited by Renegade334; 2007-10-24 at 14:27. Reason: Link deletion - screencaps and raws are now available elsewhere. Cf. next page for Omni's blog link.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-24, 12:24   Link #479
hipeach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saleh View Post
I find it strange that no one commented on dragon's egg that Kitajima found 19 years from current time line, 17 years before Toa and her fellow dragons came to earth for unknown reasons. How did that egg appear before shuttle incident ? Has ISDA been using that egg to research their dragon technology? If yes then why didn't they interfere during shuttle incident? And some more mysteries...
isn't it something normal in mecha anime? some scientist discover some strange artifact falling from the sky, and then the alien invaders from whom the artifact originates come and attack. For example Macross.
hipeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-24, 12:35   Link #480
Saleh
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipeach View Post
isn't it something normal in mecha anime? some scientist discover some strange artifact falling from the sky, and then the alien invaders from whom the artifact originates come and attack. For example Macross.
Yes, it is but if we take all those cliches out of mind then it isn't normal. Kitajima's finding has its significance in dragonaut series (plot device?).

Tags
action, ecchi, romance, sci-fi