AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-03-23, 11:41   Link #1221
FuzzyWuzzy

yehey, happy ending.
LOL my heart was doki doki for a second in that train scene.
FuzzyWuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 12:07   Link #1222
mandarb916

if anyone cares...

The OST scheduled for release tommorrow won't include the Monet ED from the last episode...in terms of actually finding it (atleast the actual CD) most likely will be impossible :/

It's from Footprints which was a maxisingle release in Aug 2005...

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2008-03-23 at 12:14. Reason: Sorry - it is still against the policy, so removed as per your request
mandarb916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 12:24   Link #1223
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandarb916 View Post
It's from Footprints which was a maxisingle release in Aug 2005...
Yeah, August 2006 actually, at C70 (i.e. Comic Market/Comiket). It was the game's ED theme song. Unfortunately, even though it'll be hard to find, we can't link to it here. There's also a chance they might release it in stores now, especially if it ends up being the ED for the PS2 game as well. We'll see...
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 12:28   Link #1224
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
just curious, but is the main lead a big of a wussy in the game as he is in the show? Seriously I would've handed some major ass-whooping if I saw people physically and mentally abusing a girl like that... and it still bothers me that he was so happy go-lucky with the people that is abusing the girl he's interested in...
Now what can one man do against a whole village (at the start?).

I won' say that he was happy go lucky with the situation but he did take some time to grasp how badly Hayami was being treated. But once he did, he actually defended her pretty well but being the first to actually approach her. Secondly, he can't exactally get into a brawl without seeing physical harm done to Hayami, which happened in one case but she declined any help anyway.

He isn't a wuss at all, but it is just that the situation that he is in won't allow him to quickly help her. And one more thing...he is blind! (I expect a blind man to kick ass? ^^).

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 12:34   Link #1225
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Ever watched Blind Fury? lol

He doesn't have to see it, all the signs were there, and for quite awhile it was only apparent that his classmates, specifically that one chick and her two stooges were heavily abusing her.

He still became friends with them and went out having fun with them... I call that happy-go-lucky.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 12:45   Link #1226
pac2is
Shinsengumi captain

Aww too bad its over Very good ending! Although i didnt understand why Hayami just ran into the train, i mean...she didnt saved the boy anyway so ¬¬
And Who is the father of that little child?? o.o Hotaru/Hinata said he looks exactly like his father so now i am curious...
And...any1 know about the people who made this anime, whats their new project is?
ty ^____^

Last edited by pac2is; 2008-03-24 at 05:21.
pac2is is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 12:49   Link #1227
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Ever watched Blind Fury? lol

He doesn't have to see it, all the signs were there, and for quite awhile it was only apparent that his classmates, specifically that one chick and her two stooges were heavily abusing her.

He still became friends with them and went out having fun with them... I call that happy-go-lucky.
Well, think about it for a second. If you're a kid with no sight and no authority trying to get people to change their behaviour, how are you going to do it? By being a lone ranger, standing up for the injustice at every single turn, and making the entire town your enemy? As Deathkillz said, he couldn't very well take them all on at once; that wouldn't have been bravery, that would have been suicide. What he did instead was a lot more, I guess you could say, "politically savvy" -- he was wise beyond his years. He figured that the best way to stop the abuse was to figure out why everyone hated her so much and resolve the issues. To do that, he had to befriend everyone else; he needed to gain their trust. Eventually, as he gained their trust and became the bridge between the various sides of the dispute, he was able to mediate and encourage others to get along, starting with Hinata/Hotaru, then Yui and the rest of the school, and eventually (by the end) the rest of the village (especially when Hotaru took over). It may not have seemed like it at the time, but that was actually the smart thing to do; he stepped back from his moral outrage, and found a way to fix the problem, one step at a time.

Basically, you need to place yourself in his shoes, and accept the reality of the situation he was in. His entire village seemed to have no problem with seeing this girl get beat up, since they considered her an insect -- not worthy of human dignity. You can believe this it's wrong all you want, but that was his reality. When life hands you lemons, make lemonade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pac2is View Post
And Who is the father of that little child?? o.o Otoha (the real one, not the small one with short hair) said he looks exactly like his father so now i am curious...
You mean Hotaru (the real one) is the one who made that statement, and you just need to keep in mind the Japanese superstition that when you talk about someone behind their back, they sneeze. The father is Hamaji.
Quote:
And...any1 know about the people who made this anime, whats their new project is?
The animation producer is ZEXCS, and their next project (also for publisher Kadokawa) is Wagaya no Oinari-sama. (AnimeSuki thread link).
Old 2008-03-23, 12:58   Link #1228
Darklightz
Wagering his life...

Quote:
... Although i didnt understand why Hayami just ran into the train...
Shock treatment, the best way to release those sealed off sad memories.

Something about the ending bothers me. We find that Hirose's mother didn't just abandon him after all but rather tried to save a little boy. Now since the truth was in Hirose's memory, it means he knew it all along even if he didn't remember it in the beginning.

All of this, his psychological blindness, attacking Hayami, regressing to his childhood all because of the shock of losing his mother. Now I wholly sympathize for anyone who ever lost a loved one, I know that pain myself but....Get a grip man! To think he could have spared himself and lots of people a lot of pain if he could only stand up by himself for once. Seriously, I lost pretty much all respect for the guy now

Another nitpick, we found out why Otoha called Hirose the Promised one, but why did the Elder call him the Destined One?
Darklightz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 13:03   Link #1229
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklightz View Post
Something about the ending bothers me. We find that Hirose's mother didn't just abandon him after all but rather tried to save a little boy. Now since the truth was in Hirose's memory, it means he knew it all along even if he didn't remember it in the beginning.

All of this, his psychological blindness, attacking Hayami, regressing to his childhood all because of the shock of losing his mother. Now I wholly sympathize for anyone who ever lost a loved one, I know that pain myself but....Get a grip man! To think he could have spared himself and lots of people a lot of pain if he could only stand up by himself for once. Seriously, I lost pretty much all respect for the guy now
I think we talked about this before in this thread. Everyone else in his family kept saying that she committed suicide, and he was so young at the time. His memories were probably a blur due to it happening so fast and being so traumatic. Of course it would have been way easier if he could have just remembered it properly and told his family way back when what happened, but he was just a little kid who lost his mom in a tragedy. In time, he had himself convinced that it was a suicide until the reprise with Hayami caused him to remember what had actually occurred. Like I said, of course it would have been easier, but the entire plot would have been easier on the characters if none of it had happened -- gotta accept a few conveniences!

Quote:
Another nitpick, we found out why Otoha called Hirose the Promised one, but why did the Elder call him the Destined One?
I always presumed that was because the elder thought he was destined to marry Hotaru and become the next village leader.
Old 2008-03-23, 13:09   Link #1230
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Shock treatment, the best way to release those sealed off sad memories.
Lol...the way you said it, I can just imagine Hayami paying a kid to get onto the tracks and to die with her in order to save takuma

One thing though, she did seem unwilling to get away from the tracks. Whether that was really her intention or that she just didn't have enough time is anyone's guess. But she never knew that her action was the same as Takuma's mother.

Yea...get a grip Takuma! your whole life was just sh*t up til now J/K

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 13:11   Link #1231
mandarb916

Quote:
And Who is the father of that little child?? o.o Otoha (the real one, not the small one with short hair) said he looks exactly like his father so now i am curious...
ty ^____^
Spoiler:
Old 2008-03-23, 13:47   Link #1232
Maximz

u kno how for some of the anime we have like topics full of wallpapers, sigs, avatars, icons and stuff like that how come theres none for this one? im sorta looking for wallpaper and stuff for this anime (considering i just finished it im now like MUST HAVE PICSSSSSSSS XD )
Maximz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 13:57   Link #1233
mandarb916

Maximz,

Try this link:
http://moeanige.blog118.fc2.com/blog-category-4.html
Old 2008-03-23, 14:03   Link #1234
Maximz

o.o *nods takes pics and walks away silently*

edit: *walks back* ok these are decent but nottin really wallpaper worthy >_< u have anymore?
Maximz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 16:02   Link #1235
Kanos
Milk...

Send a message via MSN to Kanos
ok thanks guys for unromatasizing it via over analyzing. Since it's too late for me might as well point out a few things that i've noticed.

1) when they told takuma that he's always been blind, why cudn't he just say "but uncle, i know your pants are purple" or something of the sort to show that he knew what color things were without other ppl telling him?
2) Give or take, i like how it went, but about hayami running onto the tracks, it seemed too perfect and therefore had to be planned. That brings up a few questions. a) how did hayami know about how takuma's mother died [takuma/other could have told her, not ruling that one out, but i think that would be important enough to show it in the anime] b)given she knew how takuma's mom died, how did she plan stopping in front of tracks, a kid running into the tracks, the train coming on command, AND giving that little speech about not abandoning him at the same time?

This is for those ppl who likes to tone it down, disect it, and analyze it without giving the anime its proper peotic license. As for me, i'll take what i can get and no i don't believe it was planned, and everything just happened to happen cuz God said so.

BTW: about not dying or takuma lives on without hayami. I don't think it would have effected the audience as much. I mean chances are, when the train came for hayami, we were all yelling "HAYAMI NUUUUU". By hayami coming back, it gives the ending more impact instead of just letting everything become peaceful with no change and like gj you can live on as if nothing really happened. As the way the anime was going, i felt this was the best ending it could have had. and besides i'm always up for warm fuzzies
Kanos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 16:48   Link #1236
vio5555

Although the ending was happy, I feel like this series hit me one too many times with the deus ex machina bat over the past couple episodes. I guess I should have expected that, but even then it makes me feel like everything was expediently fixed for the sake of their happiness.
vio5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 17:22   Link #1237
Atheuz

Good ending to this otherwise bad anime, made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. I would have been pissed off if Hayami went away forever, that'd just suck.
Atheuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 17:27   Link #1238
Solafighter
Hige

Surprising(for me) but good ending. Happy end.
Old 2008-03-23, 17:41   Link #1239
molitar

Well this was a dumb ending. Made no sense.. felt to unreal with Hayami dying the same way.. bringing her back as a spirit.. dumb.. and I didn't see anything that would had him called the Promised One or Destined One.. he didn't do anything special to help the village.. he just went mental near the end before regaining sanity.

If it was done proper Hayami would of saved the boy and herself not just stood there and died.. and this factor would of made the memory of his mother attempting to save the boy come back... Their was no need to kill Hayami in the story.
molitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 17:50   Link #1240
Kanos
Milk...

Send a message via MSN to Kanos
^^^ Potential flaming by me but meh w/e
Altho your calling reviving dumb, consider this: said in numerous previous posts, if spirits work, then why not ressurection (sp?).
Also the only reason Otoha called takuma the "promised one" was because she was following what Hotaru wrote in her picture book. There wasn't much other reason from what i could see. The Destined one part came in only cuz of the kagura family believing that by having Hotaru marrying Takuma, the family would escape their current social status and rule the world.
Kanos is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, drama, kadokawa, makura, romance, school life, seinen, zexcs