1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.27%
Voters: 375. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-05-12, 13:39   Link #561
Maes Hughes
~Nyan Nyan~

Send a message via MSN to Maes Hughes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
That's a strawman argument there. You're trying to substitute some of our well thought out arguments with the less well thought out ones over at the other forum which you haven't named. It all also borders on off topic spam as none of that has anything to do with what's gone on in this thread.
Huh? You're talking rubbish - It's nothing to do with the arguments of those on NarutoFAN being weaker than those of the people on here. I simply post more on NatutoFAN and I'm too lazy to post the same arguments again on here in a slightly different way. It's the same reason I C&P my episode thoughts on 3 different forums.

You're also talking rubbish with your spam comment: My responses could've been used against most of the people who quoted me on here since the answers would've been the same, just worded a little differently. Stop trying to justify your bullshit by trash talking.

And, finally, you're arguing blindly about S2 not been a repeat of S1 when EP 1-2 were near identical to EP 1-2 of S1, EP4 followed the basic outline of EP4 of S1 (prisoner needed saving by Zero in an amazing way), the crumbling platform plan was re-used, Ashford has needlessly returned, Suzaku is back at school needlessly, Nunnally is going to play the exact same role as Euphemia and even the EP5 filler featured mainly S1 repeats (pizza festival, C.C. coming out for pizza, Suzaku chasing Arthur, etc).

We've still not really progressed at all since EP25 of S1: Japan is still under the rule of Britannia, Zero is still at large, Suzaku is still alive, Nunnally is still with Britannia and we still have Charlie saying his usual incomprehensible comments, with none of the mysterious any closer to being solved.
Maes Hughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 13:50   Link #562
nutype
Future MD

we gonna see lulu on refrain and kissing his ace pilot next episode? Probably.

I think lulu is on drugs because of the whole nunnaly being govenor situation. Doing drugs and kissing the employees of his organization adds depth to his character. Well, it makes him more amiable in the sense he is like your everyday fallible guy - sort of like Clinton.

Yet at this same time...lelouche kissing Kouzuki Karen is the most 'normal' thing he can do as a male. So far we've seen him confess his love for his half-sister Euphie, his desire to bang nunnaly and his refusal to develope a relationship with C.C. after she pretty much forced herself on him. Lelouche kissing kalen is probably the most normal hetero act he's done in CG
nutype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 13:54   Link #563
DarkLordOfkichiku

The extende dpreview is out og Veoh: http://www.veoh.com/videos/v10114644...5027086&rank=1

Good thing for those of us who had problems watching it on th o rignal site
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 13:57   Link #564
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maes Hughes View Post
Huh? You're talking rubbish - It's nothing to do with the arguments of those on NarutoFAN being weaker than those of the people on here. I simply post more on NatutoFAN and I'm too lazy to post the same arguments again on here in a slightly different way. It's the same reason I C&P my episode thoughts on 3 different forums.

You're also talking rubbish with your spam comment: My responses could've been used against most of the people who quoted me on here since the answers would've been the same, just worded a little differently. Stop trying to justify your bullshit by trash talking.

And, finally, you're arguing blindly about S2 not been a repeat of S1 when EP 1-2 were near identical to EP 1-2 of S1, EP4 followed the basic outline of EP4 of S1 (prisoner needed saving by Zero in an amazing way), the crumbling platform plan was re-used, Ashford has needlessly returned, Suzaku is back at school needlessly, Nunnally is going to play the exact same role as Euphemia and even the EP5 filler featured mainly S1 repeats (pizza festival, C.C. coming out for pizza, Suzaku chasing Arthur, etc).

We've still not really progressed at all since EP25 of S1: Japan is still under the rule of Britannia, Zero is still at large, Suzaku is still alive, Nunnally is still with Britannia and we still have Charlie saying his usual incomprehensible comments, with none of the mysterious any closer to being solved.
Just because you say or think something doesn't automatically make it true. I think you need to realize this before you can start to enjoy Geass R2 to any degree. That's your problem that you can't come up with any counterargument to anything me or the others have said concerning your posts, not mine. That and not willing to accept responsibility for your own personal opinions as you state them.

Simply put, NarutoFAN arguments should stay in their proper context as this isn't the NarutoFAN forum and we aren't the posters you are quoting. Making the same argument for yourself on 3 different forums is one thing, but at least do us the courtesy of responding to our posts as they are written rather then shirking them for other ones. It's a little insulting.

And those are rather superficial comparisons as well. All of them have entirely different contexts such as the prisoner rescue, and the strategy of using the plate system again the soldiers is used again because frankly it works. Do you think military strategists go to meet with the generals and say "Sir, this plan worked brilliantly last time and threw the enemy into complete chaos and we feel it would work again, but Sir, since we already used it last time we recommend a different course of action Sir!" Also careful attention to the plot would show that Suzaku is back at the academy to try and ascertain the status of Lelouch as Zero has suddenly reappeared and nobody knows Lelouch better than Suzaku to be able to find a tell on him that he's regained his memories. Thus he is deployed along with his Knights to hopefully nip the new rebellion in the bud. I already talked about why Nunally is following in Euphemia's footsteps, but you decided to not pay attention to that. The C.C and Arthur things are running jokes and if you honestly take offence to that then I don't even know what to say as they are hardly plot killers.

Anyway, sorry to drag this off topic folks. I think we can get back to the episode as I think I've made my point.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 14:16   Link #565
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutype View Post
...his desire to bang nunnaly...
I must've missed this. How did we go from "I love you" to "I wanna bang you"?
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 14:19   Link #566
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
Blame the siscon movement.

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 14:30   Link #567
Maes Hughes
~Nyan Nyan~

Quote:
Just because you say or think something doesn't automatically make it true. I think you need to realize this before you can start to enjoy Geass R2 to any degree. That's your problem that you can't come up with any counterargument to anything me or the others have said concerning your posts, not mine. That and not willing to accept responsibility for your own personal opinions as you state them.
Of course it doesn't: I'm sadly not a God, no matter how close to perfection my mind is. Some people hate what others love; that's life.

I can't say I understand what respecting others opinions has to do with my thoughts about Code Geass - If I think it's shit then no amount of respect for others is going to change that. What you seem to be attempting to say is that you want me to shut up so you can see a thread full of people with only happy thoughts.

The problem here is that people aren't respecting my opinion and I'm returning the favour. On this forum people jumped on me as soon as I started talking negative about a series that, in their opinion, I should be rating 10/10 each week, no matter how well I word my problems with the episode (or the series itself) in question. I'm not going to be respectful towards people who act like fanboys.

I'm at a loss regarding your "can't come up with a counterargument" comment when much of the last episode discussion involved me exchanging posts with numerous people. The only reason I haven't this time is because when I checked both forums today there were people on both forums who had typed up lengthy replies to my original EP6 post, all of them being similar.

Quote:
Simply put, NarutoFAN arguments should stay in their proper context as this isn't the NarutoFAN forum and we aren't the posters you are quoting. Making the same argument for yourself on 3 different forums is one thing, but at least do us the courtesy of responding to our posts as they are written rather then shirking them for other ones. It's a little insulting.
Sue me for laziness?

Both arguments on both forums stemmed from the same message and both sets of replies were obviously very similar. It's not as if I've raised an all new subject.

I apologized in advance because I understood the effort people on here had put into replying to my message - In case you didn't notice, that was done to avoid me ignoring them being "a little insulting".

Quote:
And those are rather superficial comparisons as well. All of them have entirely different contexts such as the prisoner rescue, and the strategy of using the plate system again the soldiers is used again because frankly it works. Do you think military strategists go to meet with the generals and say "Sir, this plan worked brilliantly last time and threw the enemy into complete chaos and we feel it would work again, but Sir, since we already used it last time we recommend a different course of action Sir!" Also careful attention to the plot would show that Suzaku is back at the academy to try and ascertain the status of Lelouch as Zero has suddenly reappeared and nobody knows Lelouch better than Suzaku to be able to find a tell on him that he's regained his memories. Thus he is deployed along with his Knights to hopefully nip the new rebellion in the bud. I already talked about why Nunally is following in Euphemia's footsteps, but you decided to not pay attention to that. The C.C and Arthur things are running jokes and if you honestly take offence to that then I don't even know what to say as they are hardly plot killers.
"all of them have entirely different contexts" - Wrong.

Spoiler for EP 1-2 (S1 & S2) comparisons:

"and the strategy of using the plate system again the soldiers is used again because frankly it works."
"The C.C and Arthur things are running jokes and if you honestly take offence to that then I don't even know what to say as they are hardly plot killers."

You were saying S2 isn't a repeat, yet you aren't making any argument here about that - You're ignoring it, defending the parts I mentioned instead because, in your own words, "frankly it works" and "The C.C and Arthur things are running jokes"... Hardly an argument worthy of your baseless statement that S2 isn't repeating S1 at all when it quite clearly is. S2 having some new twists and some new (pointless) characters doesn't make it any less of a repeat performance.

"I already talked about why Nunally is following in Euphemia's footsteps, but you decided to not pay attention to that. "

Just like you seemingly failed to read my NarutoFAN post before condemning it - How shocking!

If you'd read it you'd know I said...

Lelouch staying at school to protect his identity, Suzaku going to school to check his identity and Nunnally being made Governor...all of these things were done in order for S2 to copy S1 easier - That's all there is to it.

-----

I'm tiring of this. Maybe it's a good idea to leave it until next week now?

Last edited by Maes Hughes; 2008-05-12 at 14:44.
Old 2008-05-12, 14:37   Link #568
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Quote:
Anyway, sorry to drag this off topic folks. I think we can get back to the episode as I think I've made my point.
Quote:
I'm tiring of this. Maybe it's a good idea to leave it until next week now?
Round 2 next week after an episode of Lelouch angst. Who wants to be the moderator for the next debate?

Old 2008-05-12, 14:37   Link #569
fanty
STARVING ARTIST

Quote:
Do you think military strategists go to meet with the generals and say "Sir, this plan worked brilliantly last time and threw the enemy into complete chaos and we feel it would work again, but Sir, since we already used it last time we recommend a different course of action Sir!"
In real life, yes, you are right, but Code Geass is fiction, so even if something works, repeating it bores the hell out of some watchers.
Old 2008-05-12, 14:47   Link #570
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
Dear god again with the siscon crap. I actually thought we would be able to escape it in Code Geass guess i was wrong.

By the way did else laugh their ass off when the loli piloting Mordred said "dirty feet" when Kallen kicked her?
Old 2008-05-12, 14:51   Link #571
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Dear god again with the siscon crap. I actually thought we would be able to escape it in Code Geass guess i was wrong.

By the way did else laugh their ass off when the loli piloting Mordred said "dirty feet" when Kallen kicked her?
Nope, that Britannian royal family gives off some serious incestuous vibes. Doesn't help that the extra materials like the sound episodes and picture dramas encourage that way of thinking. >_>
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 14:51   Link #572
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Quote:
It's one of those movements. We'll just have to deal with it.

Quote:
What was the original line here? "Dirty feet" seems a little too lulz.

Old 2008-05-12, 14:56   Link #573
ShilienKnight

Send a message via ICQ to ShilienKnight
just finished it,and i wanna say,why da hell did they need to create so many OP mechas?is code geass gonna be sum mecha bang bang anime?
ShilienKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 15:00   Link #574
Maes Hughes
~Nyan Nyan~

This Code Geass 'debate' is becoming a weekly thing... Soon it'll be more of a predictable event than what happens in each episode of Code Geass!

Since I feel bad about not responding to the people who quoted me on AS, tomorrow (at the risk of turning into Alan Hansen) I'll go through the thread and reply to everyone who quoted my original message. I'm too tired/lazy at the mo to do it. Be happy!

OT: I can hardly wait for the Lelouch/Rollo yaoi scene next week.

At least it also looks like Lelouch might kiss Kallen...or at least that's the impression the extended preview gave me. I can almost sense the new wave of LelouchxKallen 'entertainment'.
Old 2008-05-12, 15:02   Link #575
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShilienKnight View Post
just finished it,and i wanna say,why da hell did they need to create so many OP mechas?is code geass gonna be sum mecha bang bang anime?
uh...yes, Code Geass is a giant robot anime. What did you think it was? 0_o
Old 2008-05-12, 15:03   Link #576
tenken627
what Yagi said

@Maes Hughes

It is wrong to put up answers from other forums to use as answers to specific questions asked of you that were posted on here. Not only is it lazy, but it can be seen as an attitude of condescending or disrespect towards other posters, even if these copied portions do in fact answer their questions.

I'm not saying that that was your intention, but it can be viewed as such, and if you wish for respect from other posters, you should afford them the exact same respect as well.

About your argument, I actually agree with you.

Code Geass is severely lacking in logical plot development and comprehensible character development. It is filled with deus ex machina type interventions, unexplained and unforeseen developments, and similar battle scenes.

Season 2 is not an exact carbon copy of Season 1, but so many similar elements are there. It is like they saw Season 1, decided that people liked to watch the Ashford Academy school life atmosphere, decided that people liked to watch a small and struggling Order of Black Knights, etc etc and tried to recreate the same ideas and themes in Season 2.

Instead of trying to make Season 2 a unique and remarkable season that is great in its own right, they made it Season 1 in purpose and likeness and just pumped it with steroids. There is nothing wrong with using the same elements that made Season 1 successful from a business sense, it just becomes tiresome after a while.
tenken627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 15:06   Link #577
Maes Hughes
~Nyan Nyan~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
uh...yes, Code Geass is a giant robot anime. What did you think it was? 0_o
What, you're telling me Code Geass isn't the futuristic sequel to Death Note?

Code Geass is a bit everything: Epicness (S1 only), school life, ecchi (S2 mostly), mecha, Naruto (eye technique overload) and S2 reminds me of goldfish for some bizarre reason.
Old 2008-05-12, 15:10   Link #578
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Nope, that Britannian royal family gives off some serious incestuous vibes. Doesn't help that the extra materials like the sound episodes and picture dramas encourage that way of thinking. >_>
True enough (royal family threesome FTW? )
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 15:11   Link #579
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:

Code Geass is a bit everything: Epicness (S1 only), school life, ecchi (S2 mostly), mecha, Naruto (eye technique overload) and S2 reminds me of goldfish for some bizarre reason.
*sigh* Code Geass has little other than superficial similarities to Death Note and Naruto, and it's hardly like that supernatural mystery thriller and ninja adventure were the first to create such superficial troupes. >_>
Old 2008-05-12, 15:12   Link #580
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Quote:

You forgot two things that apply to every episode of the series:

Over the top, and cliffhangers.

Quote:
*sigh* Code Geass has little other than superficial similarities to Death Note and Naruto, and it's hardly like that supernatural mystery thriller and ninja adventure were the first to create such superficial troupes. >_>
Because superficial tropes are easy to categorize.