AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2006-09-26, 21:12   Link #1
Porco Rosso

MKV out of sync in every player!

I've barely used this format before, but now that I need to I'm having a lot of trouble. I've tried viewing the videos in several players (Media Player Classic, BSPlayer, Zoom Player, VLC, etc.), but in every single one the video and audio are out of sync. I deleted all my other codec packs and downloaded CCCP (Combined Community Codec Pack) like a lot of sites suggested, but it didn't help at all. There are five MKV files in total, and they all do the same thing. I don't think it's a problem with the files themselves either (I'm referring to GG Fansub's "MS IGLOO"), because a lot of other people have downloaded the same ones and have been able to view them without any problems.

Does anyone know what else could be causing this?
Old 2006-09-26, 22:10   Link #2
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I'm no tech geek, but it's probably your computer, or something like that, since CCCP's h264 decoder is real slow. Uninstall CCCP, and try out Defiler pack, as that helped out some for me and a few other folks I know of.

http://hellninjacommando.com/defilerpak/

Upgrading my RAM also helped much in the way of playing back mkvs, though a good graphics card can help a lot I hear.

If that still doesn't work, then you'll need to shell out some dough for the commercial h264 decoders, which I hear is much faster than anything else freeware. Either that, or avoid h264 encodes (ie. most mkv's nowadays) like the plague, like a lot of people who can't afford to upgrade or buy a new computer just yet.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2006-09-26, 23:29   Link #3
Arimfe
SharpenerOfTheBoxcutter

Location: where Grudge is Greatest, Rancour Endless and Malice Eternal(at school^^;;)
^^;; sorry I'm not trying to step on your toes but...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3
I'm no tech geek, but it's probably your computer, or something like that, since CCCP's h264 decoder is real slow. Uninstall CCCP, and try out Defiler pack, as that helped out some for me and a few other folks I know of.
This won't help. Those two packs both use ffdshow. Difference is defiler pack's is dated 12-08-2005 while the one in CCCP is much newer, and has the more recent optimisations.

Quote:
Upgrading my RAM also helped much in the way of playing back mkvs
This will not help either unless he has under 96 MB ram. It's limited how much system ram video playback needs.

Quote:
If that still doesn't work, then you'll need to shell out some dough for the commercial h264 decoders, which I hear is much faster than anything else freeware.
http://coreavc.corecodec.org/download.html 10$

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porco Rosso
Does anyone know what else could be causing this?
Audio/video desync is typical when your computer is too slow for playback. This is one of the problematic files probably? http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.p...234898&nonav=1
It's h264 and to top it off, the filesize is very large.
Yummi high quality video, the downside is it requires an average to good computer to playback without A/V desync.

Here's what to do for now.
Go get the CCCP insurgent: http://www.cccp-project.net/download.php?type=cccpi

run it. Then select File -> Save Log to save a log file of all installed codecs. Then select Tools -> Test Render and select the file that is problematic. Include both the contents of the log file and the result of the test render in your post inside a spoiler tag.
Old 2006-09-27, 11:59   Link #4
martino
makes no files now

This once happened to me and the problem was with my Ogg decoder. Can you check whether you don't have the Radlight Vorbis codec installed?
Old 2006-09-27, 18:23   Link #5
Porco Rosso

Hey, thanks for the tips guys. I tried to do what Arimfe suggested but it kept on crashing whenever I tried to "Test Render." With the help of some other folks I determined that my computer was too slow to play it though, so I gave up.

I ended up just extracting the subs as an SRT file, and then converting the file to AVI. The quality is still very good and I haven't had any problems whatsoever. I assume the folks that released the files probably wouldn't want this, but if they happen to be around here, don't worry, I won't distribute them or anything. I was just desperate!

Anyway, thanks again!
Old 2006-10-24, 08:40   Link #6
Shounen
Away for good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porco Rosso View Post
Hey, thanks for the tips guys. I tried to do what Arimfe suggested but it kept on crashing whenever I tried to "Test Render." With the help of some other folks I determined that my computer was too slow to play it though, so I gave up.

I ended up just extracting the subs as an SRT file, and then converting the file to AVI. The quality is still very good and I haven't had any problems whatsoever. I assume the folks that released the files probably wouldn't want this, but if they happen to be around here, don't worry, I won't distribute them or anything. I was just desperate!

Anyway, thanks again!
This is why 99% of all leechers want embedded subs, even if it's mkv.
My tip is.. upgrade your PC or buy the dvd's
Old 2006-10-24, 09:18   Link #7
emptyeighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porco Rosso View Post
Crashing test render means there's something wrong with DShow, not that your PC is too slow.
Old 2008-08-27, 18:52   Link #8
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

This thread's nearly two years old and covers a subject discussed often here. It's really not worth resurrecting it just to reply to Shounen who has "Away for Good" under his name.