AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2008-10-02, 18:41   Link #321
AMDX1325
AdvancedMicroDevices1325

less things involved, means less things can go wrong. Sounds like you've rebuilt part of ur engine?
AMDX1325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 19:51   Link #322
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled

Send a message via AIM to FLCL
get rid of the rally hood and its acceptible xd those only belong on evos and stis.

ive blown up 3 trannies, all in my subaru...its fun
FLCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 21:49   Link #323
Phantom-Takaya
INTJ
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via MSN to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via Yahoo to Phantom-Takaya
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDX1325 View Post
less things involved, means less things can go wrong. Sounds like you've rebuilt part of ur engine?
Practically, yeah. I replaced whatever I can replace on that engine, including the timing belt. It's actually my second K engine since I just wanted to start from scratch for the downgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLCL View Post
get rid of the rally hood and its acceptible xd those only belong on evos and stis.
Heh. Hey now, who says I don't go off-roading with the car?
Phantom-Takaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 21:57   Link #324
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled

doesnt matter if its riceyish
Old 2008-10-02, 22:08   Link #325
Phantom-Takaya
INTJ
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via MSN to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via Yahoo to Phantom-Takaya
You might want me to remove the vinyl on the sides of the car before suggesting I remove the hood. Sadly, I don't have a picture of the car with the vinyl yet.

In either case, I'll keep the hood simply due to its useful function. Not only is it 75~% lighter than my original hood, but the vents help keep the car's engine stay cool. That's what I was looking for when selecting my hood. Whenever I opened the hood after running the engine hard, I would feel a burst of heat envelope me.
Old 2008-10-03, 00:51   Link #326
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled

oh well, i guess alaska is stuck in the early 00's late 90's
Old 2008-10-03, 01:29   Link #327
Honda Boy Techy
I has a Civic

Ha! Just dawned on me that this thread is the opposite of the Anime thread on Honda-Tech (Car thread on anime board as opposed to anime thread on car board)

Haven't looked at this thread in ages so I'm like Towely, I have no idea what's goin on
Honda Boy Techy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 01:53   Link #328
Phantom-Takaya
INTJ
*IT Support

We made a group too. haha
Old 2008-10-03, 02:48   Link #329
Honda Boy Techy
I has a Civic

Ha! We made a Squad on Honda-Tech nearly 2 years ago. We lost track of how many were in it and what number we had gotten up to. A lot of the original members kept it in their sig but no one else has been added in well over a year.

Hmmmm just noticed I need to make a new sig pic. The one I have is from when I was headed to Import Alliance 2007 Summer and still had my old hatch with the hole and duct tape (I think whoever made that sig for me attempted to shop it out) and my old exhaust (eGay can on poorly made custom cat back, on the car when I got it). Now I have a well made custom cat back with an A'PEXi World Sport II Muffler. Wish I had the money for the whole WSII system cause the Universal muffler I have is much larger than the Civic Hatch specific system's muffler. It's so long that the muffler is literally about a quarter inch away from my Rear LCA and yet the tip still manages to stick out more than I had hoped. Oh well, still sounds better and is quiet while cruising. At WOT however, it's loud enough to deafen you if you are behind it while it's on a dyno....... I should know. I was behind it...... when it was on a dyno once. It's such a contrast cause it's just as loud as my old exhaust at WOT but SOOOO much quieter while cruising (like quiet enough for me to carry on a conversation with my passenger while doing 75MPH)

Now that was just random. That's my mind for ya. One thing to another outta nowhere.
Old 2008-10-03, 09:16   Link #330
AMDX1325
AdvancedMicroDevices1325

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom-Takaya View Post
Practically, yeah. I replaced whatever I can replace on that engine, including the timing belt. It's actually my second K engine since I just wanted to start from scratch for the downgrade.

Heh. Hey now, who says I don't go off-roading with the car?
haha, two wheel drive in mud you say?
Old 2008-10-03, 12:18   Link #331
H23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom-Takaya View Post
Amazing. I see it's not complete yet but it looks like it'll work. It'll definitely be one scary sleeper car, though its exhaust definitely won't sound anything close to what people would expect of an S2000.
some guy in my city just finished a LS1 FC about a month ago.... crashed it a week later
http://forums.780tuners.com/showthre...threadid=87625

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLCL View Post
and supposed you pay cheap insurance for a civic, that car is totallyed....your screwed
insurance wouldn't really be a problem.. just get an insurance company that covers "modified" vehicles and get it appraised, and they should cover most of what you spent on your car AFAIK

and Phantom-Takaya, engine bay pics and vids!
H23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 13:19   Link #332
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled

alright guys now that this has become honda-techish here are pics of the GC8. Thats a genuine C-west aero kit btw.
i used to be on hondatech when i had a honda. I've done like 4 vtec minimes/Ls/VTecs.
Ej20g WRX swap 260 ps version with jdm sti components on the way (TMIC, intake, catless DP)

Spoiler:

After the TMIC, intake, and dp, im also going to get some kouki tails, and sti seats.
Old 2008-10-03, 13:35   Link #333
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Quote:
Originally Posted by H23 View Post
some guy in my city just finished a LS1 FC about a month ago....
RX-7s powered by LS-series engines aren't anything new...It's just as great of a sleeper as a 302-powered Miata...
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 13:37   Link #334
Honda Boy Techy
I has a Civic

Nice Scooby man. I don't have any recent pics of my car aside from one taken by another TennSpeed member at Import Alliance 2008 Summer.

Spoiler for The car:

It's a Midori Green Pearl 1996 Honda Civic CX Hatchback (EJ6)
USDM B16A2 engine swap out of a 99 Civic Si (EM1)
AEM Short Ram Intake
Exedy Stage 1 Racing Clutch
Clutch Masters Lightweight 7lb Flywheel
Custom Catback no resonator
A'PEXi World Sport II Muffler
H&R OE Sport springs

Now for the vanity:
Blacked out USDM Headlight housings with JDM headlight reflector lens (got the city light holes)
USDM 99-00 Taillights
Depo Replica JDM Yellow Square Foglights
Replica Urethane EK9 Civic Type-R Lip (used to have a replica Carbon Fiber J's Racing Lip, I still miss it)
JDM GF-EK9 Civic Type-R Red stitched leather shift boot
USDM AP1 S2000 Shift knob (found it in the glove box, despite the 6-spd pattern, looks and feels better)
USDM EM1/EJ8 Civic Si/EX Center console with armrest
USDM EJ8 Civic EX Gauge cluster
USDM 97 Integra GS-R/ 98-01 Integra LS Wheels (actually Keystone OEM replacement wheels, but it's the same damn thing)
Old 2008-10-03, 13:49   Link #335
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled

nice ek9 replica, paint it yellow, cf hood and come to colorado and we can film initial d, animesuki version.

get a rear lip, otherwise :thumbs up:

here are my mods as of now

Exterior
C-west full aero kit
JDM STI v5 spoiler
JDM STI grill
JDM STI badging
02 WRX wheels
smoked tails
JDM GC8 corner lights

Sus
Cusco Rear and Front Sway bars
Tein Adjustable Coilovers
Front strut bar

Interior
STI shift knob
STI wheel
Boost Gauge
Shift light

Engine
jdm ej20g
STI v2 RA TMIC
Apexi Power intake
SRS Full catback exhaust
SRS Downpipe cat delete
SRS Up pipe Cat delete
Walbro Fuel pump
Electronic boost controller

Trans
Act Stage 4 6 puck Clutch

Future plans call for a Apexi power FC and bigger injectors
Old 2008-10-03, 14:39   Link #336
Phantom-Takaya
INTJ
*IT Support

Heh. We're listing our aftermarket parts now? I'll join in later since I don't have enough time now, but it won't be a long list since I'll be avoiding listing some parts...at least for now.

My team has a a plan to visit all 48 states (Hawaii if we can figure out how to get to it without having to wait for days and days on a boat), so we're keeping quiet about what we have for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDX1325 View Post
haha, two wheel drive in mud you say?
I'm keeping quiet about this for now. The clue I gave in my earlier posts (CR-V and S2000 framing and parts) should be enough to give somewhat of an answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by H23 View Post
and Phantom-Takaya, engine bay pics and vids!
Video, wait till summer when we do the roadtrip. Engine bay pics...not so much. Like I said, keeping what I got hush-hush.
Old 2008-10-03, 16:33   Link #337
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled

why? embarassed its a 1988 awd wagovan conversion with a d series

i kid
Old 2008-10-03, 16:54   Link #338
mg1942

I don't have modded rides like you guys. I drive an '03 Accord (pics come later).

I kinda wanna buy a second car that I can toy with. My new interest is on modded E36 BMW after I saw this videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AC-5G7hpRYI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRCZeNys8ug
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVZ-vvuZuaY&NR=1
mg1942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 18:26   Link #339
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled

get a miata and drop a v8 RAWR
Old 2008-10-03, 20:31   Link #340
AMDX1325
AdvancedMicroDevices1325

lol... hmm lots of parts mentioned in the post. How bout starting a show car competition? Not just adding or changing parts, keep em shiny and new lol

Mind if we go euro for a second...
This is an ABT tuned Volkswagen Scirocco, essentially a better version grown on top of Golf GTi. Wish we get this car in America... the ABT VW 2.0TSI model comes 240hp stock
Spoiler for ABT tuned 09 Volkswagen Scirocco:

And this is the european version of Ford Focus RS, I believe in the states we don't get rally sport version...neither do we get a real WRC rally focus...We get ugly and useless focus in the states...this stock car has a 2.5L I5 Turbocharged engine producing 295hp
Spoiler for 09 Ford Focus RS Euro Version:

Arn't these cars such lookers? the stock one handles great too, coming-soon after market mods should make them even better

Last edited by AMDX1325; 2008-10-03 at 20:43.